[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is eating fats bad for you? why are people obsessed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

File: 1425493299654.jpg (719KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1425493299654.jpg
719KB, 2000x1500px
why is eating fats bad for you? why are people obsessed with low fat diets? I don't get why people (girls mainly) always go for low fat things because they think it will make them fat. Do they not understand cals in cals out. So why is too much fat in your diet bad for you?
>>
They're not.

Dieticians used to think fat was bad but now they don't, public opinion is just catching up 20 years later.

Women are stupid who knew.
>>
>So why is too much fat in your diet bad for you?

Are you seriously asking why too much is too much?
>>
fat is good, your body needs fat to function at an optimal level

Just make sure you get it from quality food (avocados, nuts, fatty fishes, coconut)
>>
>>35459027
wat
>>
>>35459040

Why is too much fat bad for you? Because it is too much. He just said that. The sentence makes no sense.
>>
>>35459071
because why is too much fat bad for you?
>>
>>35458993
Kcal in = kcal out is just as retarded when you take it to the extremes (e.g. just drinking alcohol, thinking diet sodas won't make you gain weight, etc). The whole point is that nutrition is suppose to be about eating a little bit of everything and having balance... But "experts" will sell folks tons of snake oil to play on their laziness.
>>
>>35459087

Because saying too much implies it is bad per definition or it wouldn't be 'too much'.
>>
>>35458993
>why is eating fats bad for you?
>why are people obsessed with low fat diets?
they aren't, these just happen to be the type of people you choose to surround yourself with
> I don't get why people (girls mainly) always go for low fat things because they think it will make them fat.
>always go for low fat things
im a girl and I eat a shit ton of protein in a day, i go through like half a gallon of whole milk a day and im a size 2 or 4.
>Do they not understand cals in cals out
honestly theres more to the human body than this. eating mcdonalds vs real food will make a difference.
honestly dude you sound like you dont know what youre talking about, dont know much information yourself, and like to surround yourself with like minded basic bitch type people. id suggest growing yourself so you can attract a wider variety of humans
>>
File: 1371640153462.jpg (23KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1371640153462.jpg
23KB, 248x250px
>>35458993
>I just read the sticky and now I'm an expert on nutrition
>>
it's not bad for you unless we're talking about eating huge amounts of saturated fats
on the other hand the benefits of eating fats are wayyy overblown. you need cholesterol to make testosterone but guess what your body makes like 30mg of test a day. the benefits of incorporating extra fat in place of carbs or protein are just placebo at its finest
>>
>>35459095
diet sodas don't make you gain fat though. you might gain weight (water) not fat.
>>
>>35459167
>diet sodas don't make you gain fat though
Stop.
>>
>>35459149
you sound like a dumb sloot desu
>>
>>35459178
you are literally retarded if you think they make you gain fat
>>
>>35459161
>it's not bad for you unless we're talking about eating huge amounts of saturated fats
even then, at a sub 8% bodyfat, the health behind eating large amounts of SFAs is highly debateable.

if you are a fatfuck (read: over 10%) then there is no excuse to source more than 7% of your daily caloric intake from SFAs

MUFAs are the superior fat, regardless of bodyfat%

PUFAs are surprisngly not that great for you (but also not that bad)... at least as far as hormones/gainz are concerned
>>
Fat has tons of calories and, just like carbs, is easy to overeat on. They're not necessarily bad but if you stay away from them you automatically eat much less calories.
>>
>>35459178
zero calories..
zero energy to store..

where is the fat coming from?
fat is highly caloric..... literally from where?
>>
>>35458993
People are uninformed and think fat makes you fat, so they choose low fat options because it makes sense to them.
If we just renamed it "lipids" we wouldn't have as much trouble.
>>
You literally need saturated fat. Same goes for cholesterol. Good luck getting a hard on without these.
>>
>>35459071
What he should have said is, "why is fat looked at as worse than other calorie sources"
>>
>>35459211
>zero calories
But that's wrong.
>>
question:
if there are 9 calories in a gram of fat.... and 454 grams in a pound....

why is a pound of bodyfat burned in 3500kcal instead of 4086 (9x454 [i.e. the amount of grams in a pound])

what happened to the other 500 calories?
>>
>>35459248
adipose tissue is not just pure lipids I guess
>>
>>35459248
Mostly water.
>>
>>35459224
spoiler alert: that really only applies to people at low bodyfat.

when you are 8%, you need to be eating SFAs like a motherfucker to keep that test up.

same goes for carbohydrates (they arguable affect test even more than SFAs for people at lean bodyfats)

but if you are walking around with significant amounts of bodyfat, you do NOT need SFAs to maintain hormone function.

well... you do... but your body has that shit covered endogenously... you have no need for exogenous SFAs.

it is only when your body is "deficient" in bodyfat that this becomes an issue.

outside of that, for fatties, it isn't worth the health risks (Cardio helps negate it, though)

>>35459235
really?
because every diet soda i have ever seen said 0 cal on the nutritional info
>>
>>35459280
You gain body fat from the sugar
>>
>>35459235
you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>35459235
Source or bullshit.
>>
>>35459293
literally ZERO sugar in diet soda,

the closest you might come is a sugar alcohol like xylitol or erythritol.. but those shits are also zero calorie (they get urinated out of your body unmetabolized)
>>
>>35459293
Diet sodas have no sugar, that's why they're "diet" soda, they use artificial sweeteners.
>>
>>35459224
>>35459280
speaking from experience - maintaining highest possible test and sex drive at low bodyfat is all about carbs, at least in my case
low bodyfat and low calories, 200g carbs - felt exhausted but somewhat normal. switched to keto, same calories - couldn't get a boner no matter what, gains were kill
>>
>>35458993
most fats are bad for you, especially from junk
>>
>>35459248
Metabolism isn't perfectly efficient, and body fat isn't pure fat.
>>
>>35459396
>most fats are bad for you, when consumed in excess
FTFY
>>
>>35459248
When people say "1 gram of fat has 9.1 kcal", they are talking about the pure lipids and whatnot. A pound of body fat however is not just pure lipids, there's also water, proteins and whatever to keep the fat in one place.

It's not about >>35459402 btw.
>>
>>35458993
This is /fit/ we love fats. Even saturated fats are a necessary part of any diet.
>>
>>35459415
pizza, potato chips, cake etc are bad as fuck for you, but yeah eat what ever the fuck you want bitch
>>
>>35459451
>these fats are from pizza, that means I have to fuck the gains up even though everything is in order
said no organism ever
>>
File: sounds m8.png (370KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
sounds m8.png
370KB, 600x439px
>>35459491
>>
>>35458993

low fat diet is dead

everyone is low/no carb now, which is far more likely to last, in some form, since carbs are pretty shit unless you're actually needing dense easy calories
>>
>>35459248
Where did you get that a pound of bodyfat is burned in 3500kcal?
genuine curiosity here
>>
>>35459638
I think the main reason why low carb diet are comparatively succesful is because they require you to cut out sugar completely. And I believe that is the most relevant problem for most fatties. They binge eat sweets.
>>
>>35459638
1 gram fat = 9 cal
1 gram carb = 4 cal

Carbs are not "pretty shit". Its just a nutrient (a vital one). And fats are denser in terms of calories.
>>
>>35459677
well, outside of it being in the sticky that you should have read, it is a googlable fact.
which is why i am mildly surprised you felt the need to post that, rather than just look it up for yourself
>>
>>35459211
> implying your body only stores things that are calorically dense
> implying you can't fuck up your body so that it becomes unable to properly regulate blood sugar levels despite having tons of fat in storage
> implying dumping a confirmed neurotoxin into your system daily can't fuck you up over time

First of all, if 70% of our body is water, then water weight is no automatically negligible just because it has 0 calories.

Secondly, if you consistently drink diet soda, you will get diabetes.

Thirdly, if you have diabetes, sure it's possible to stay thin and healthy... But it becomes much, much harder than if you didn't have it.

Therefore, be a good goy and keep drinking your diet sodas, you'll help contribute to the company I work for, and later, when you're getting your foot amputated, you'll contribute to the industry my sisters work for.
>>
>>35459728
Foods tend to have way more carbs than fat.

You generally don't find them in 1:1 ratio.
>>
>>35459638
>since carbs are pretty shit
literally as important for testosterone function as fats.
http://www.anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/
you just confirmed the fact you have never maintained a low bodyfat% in your life. because you would realize how crucial carbs are.
like this anon
>>35459357
>speaking from experience - maintaining highest possible test and sex drive at low bodyfat is all about carbs, at least in my case

alberto nunez has the same subjective experience.
he finds carbs more important than fats, but i know y'all think he is fake natty.
>>
>>35459280
>>35459308
>>35459317
Not even him, but I have a bottle of PAM non stick cooking spray. The ingredients oil but it says 0 calories on the label. So I can drink oil all day just because it says 0 calories on the label, right??

> LOL @ people not familiar with FDA labeling rules.
>>
>>35459744
>> implying your body only stores things that are calorically dense
no. i implied it only stores calories.

if there are zero calories, there is no energy to store in the form of fat.

> implying you can't fuck up your body so that it becomes unable to properly regulate blood sugar levels despite having tons of fat in storage
sure, you can make yourself diabetic.
i will concede that type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetics exist.

i don't see how this is sequiturial to diet soda, especially when most of them don't even have a glycemic load.
> implying dumping a confirmed neurotoxin into your system daily can't fuck you up over time
that is a very misleading term.

>water weight matters
no it fucking doesnt
>if you consistently drink diet soda, you will get diabetes.
no you fucking won't, retard.
>>
>>35459758
>thinking this is equivocal
0/10

artificial sweeteners have zero calories, and not just because it is under .5g per serving size.
>>
>>35459782
> Yes it does!
No it doesn't
> But it does,
Nope, it doesn't

Wow are you guys scientists or something? This discussion is so substantial.
>>
>>35458993
>see OP's image
>read the text
>'why is eating farts bad for you?
>What the fuck? Like, why would you do that?
>reread it
>ow, ay
Would eat that ass, though
>>
>>35459800
"drinking water makes you diabetic!" - as stupid as his claim

zero calories
zero glycemic load.

you don't have to be a scientist to understand that shit doesn't lead to diabetes
>>
>why are saturated fats considered good for you
>why are trans fats considered bad for you
>why are unsaturated fats considered good for you
>why does science still fund research on these questions when they may not even be considered true
>why do we have research when we know everything there is to know?
>>
>>35458993
Too high in fat diet can cause some dietary problems and damage your intestines, leading even to ass cancer.
It's quite a severe problem here in the Czech Republic as our cuisine is fat as fuck.
>>
>>35459794
>>thinking this is equivocal
Wot?

Ok a bottle of pam says the serving size is a 1/4 second spray. So I can just spray it for 5 minutes on end without adding to the calories right? While I'm at it I can just eat chocolate cake all day as long as I express the serving size as 0.5g then round the calories down to 0.... My body won't know the difference because of the rounding, right?
>>
>>35459811
Diet soda does trigger insulin and is reportedly associated with diabetes. Look it up, I won't do it for you.
>>
>>35459823
this isn't equivocal because the zero calories on diet soda isn't from serving size...

you can have 50 diet sodas, and consumed zero kcal still.

hence it isn't equivocal

100g of erythritol = 0 kcal
>>
>>35459839
>diet soda has a glycemic load
maybe if yours has aspartame or someshit.

erythritol has no glycemic load.
cannot affect pre-diabetics or diabetics.

you can eat pure erythritol as a diabetic and be absolutely fine.

glycemic load is not subjective or up for debate...
>>
>>35459842
> equivocal
I don't think you know what this word means, anon.

Diet soda does not have 0 cal. Artificial sweeteners contain calories. The ingredients also contain shit like "natural flavor". What the fuck is "natural flavor" and how can you be so sure it doesn't have calories?

I enjoy diet soda in moderation, but saying it has 0 calories and you can have 50 a day is retarded.
>>
>>35459851
>maybe if yours has aspartame or someshit.
Like most, yes.

I remember the Coke Zero sold around here had some known carcinogen in it that just wasn't banned here yet. When you are drinking diet soda, you are basically drinking experimental chemical cocktails and are an idiot. Really, it's stupid.
>>
>>35459737
Nigga, no need to be a dick suckin bitch, I just forgot about the pound and kg conversion. You americans and your retarded measuring system baka desu senpai.
>>
>>35459911
> you are basically drinking experimental chemical cocktails
Kek, so true. Pepsi is marketing their new diet soda as "aspartame free". The new sweetener they use is 4x more sweeter than aspartame. Both of these sweeteners are considered hazardous material in terms of NFPA 704 they are flammable, hazardous to health & unstable/reactive.
>>
>>35459904
>he ingredients also contain shit like "natural flavor". What the fuck is "natural flavor" and how can you be so sure it doesn't have calories?
terpenoids and shit.

i am 100% sure they have no calories.

i actually extract limonene for use as an organic solvent, from time to time.

your argument is literally an argument from ignorance.

anyone literate in chemistry knows how full of shit you are.

go to
>>>/sci/
if you don't believe me.

i don't even drink diet soda, not even in moderation. but i was saying there is zero calorie in that shit, regardless of dosage (50 x 0 = 0)

i wasn't advising you to drink 50 a day.

but if you did drink 50 in a day, you wouldn't have consumed any calories
>>
>>35459911
>>35459972
>not using sugar alcohols like erythritol and xylitol for your artificial sweeteners.

not gonna make it/10

sugar alcohols are da bess, mang
>>
>>35460022
> i was saying there is zero calorie in that shit, regardless of dosage (50 x 0 = 0)

Aspartame contains 4 calories per gram. There is a non zero amount of this substance per serving.

Lrn 2 math.

Also you're 100% sure what they put in the ingredients? Ok, are you the CEO of Pepsi? lmfao.
>>
>>35460042
Or you could just get used to every fucking thing you stuff in your mouth not tasting unnaturally sweet altogether. Because, really, that's actually the worst problem in the end. You are overloading your taste buds with that processed shit food and shit drinks and chemicals and whatnot. You should be okay with stuff tasting like what normal food is supposed to taste like.
>>
>>35458993
eating fats is normal
eating artificially low-fat foods give you the runs
>>
>>35460042
those cause diarrhea
>>
>>35458993
It's not. In fact it's the opposite: dietary fat is NECESSARY for your good health. Your nervous system at the very least needs it to form new nervous tissues. It's also an excellent energy source. It's essential.
>>
>>35460183
so.. you consume less calories via diarrhea. might be good when cutting .
>>
File: c7a70cc6.gif (674KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
c7a70cc6.gif
674KB, 300x163px
>>35458993
>2016
>thinks eating fats are bad
>>
Cancer like the guy from prague said. And also...

ATHEROSCLEROSIS, HEART DISSEASES, DIABETES TYPE 2, ETC.. YOU FUCKING STUPID FAGGOTS.
Because most of the people don't know the difference between saturated fats and mono-poliinsaturated fats.
Fuck...
>>
>>35460106
"Aspartame has four calories per gram. However, because it is 200 times sweeter than sugar, aspartame is used in very small amounts, thus adding almost no calories to foods and beverages."

No one drinks enough diet soda that they get any meaningful amount of calories from it. You can fuck off now.
>>
>>35458993
Name?
>>
>>35461678
but calories in calories out is all that matters, the sticky told me anon
>>
>>35464823
Losing fat/ gaining muscle mass is very different from being healthy. You can eat like shit and lose weight ir gain muscle but you cant eat like shit and be objectively healthy.
>>
>>35465014
that wasnt a serious comment if you couldn't tell
>>
>>35459121
Just stop, he's clearly retarded.
>>
nobody has commented on how nice that girls feet are?
>>
>>35458993
Polyunsaturated fat is very, very bad for you. Saturated fat is healthy.

It's better to eat fewer calories from fat because then you can eat more calories from carbohydrates which have a far greater metabolic effect on the body than fat does.
>>
Maybe because 1g of fat has more calories than 1g of protein and 1g of carbohydrates combined.
>>
>>35465270
>greater metabolic effect
meaning it goes into bloodstream faster and from there it goes into your body's fat deposits faster.
stop misinforming people, reading your comment someone might think that eating a tub of ice cream is better than eating a burger because MUH METABOLLIC EFFECT.
>>
>>35465313
>completely disregarding the digestion and absorption time of fat/protein/carbs
>completely disregarding the specific ways in which each of those groups is useful/harmful
>not distinguishing between simple and complex carb categories
why do you even post?
>>
eating fats are not bad for you. fats are essential for survival. the reason low fat diets are popular for weight loss/ staying lean is because fats are calorie dense. 1g of fat = 9 calories vs 1g of carbs or protein = 4 calories. by reducing fats you inherently reduce your caloric intake significantly, which allows you to lose weight more easily.
>>
Ironically, eating a diet almost entirely of fat will burn the most fat off your body
>tfw keto master race
>>
"hey sexy"
>>
OP just admit you ate 10 avocados a day because someone on /fit/ told you it would help your bulk.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.