[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isolation for intermediates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Just finished reading the sticky, maybe I skimmed over it but from a physiological standpoint why is a routine that focuses purely on compound movements promoted for a beginner, over say a routine that places emphasis on both compounds and isolation, which seem to be reserved mostly for intermediate and advanced lifters.

A friend who has been training for 10 years showed me the routine in the attached image and said it would be ideal for a beginner since it has compounds mixed in with isolation movements.

Anyone care to weigh in on this.
>>
>>35438090

Anyone?
>>
Yeah this looks like a good routine for aesthetics
>>
>>35438090
Because as a complete noob you don't know where you're weak, so you shouldn't waste your time with isolation stuff to start.
>>
>>35438090
>that routine
Enjoy overtraining
>>
>>35438090
You can make faster progess and faster results with compund movements. After you have exhausted linear progression you can add more isolation due to your increased work capacity. This assumes you aren't doing the compund exercises with your ego though. I can only back this up with anecdotal evidence however.
>>
I don't know the real answer, but if you're just starting out any isolation you do are going to be too light to grow any muscle anyway
>>
>>35438650
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha actually believing this
>>
>>35438669

So what prevents someone building up their work capacity via a routine that contains both compounds and isolations?

>>35438707

I thought any exercises that break down the muscles worked to build muscle, so if a weight is a stress to the individual then regardless of that weight it will work.
>>
>>35438650
In what way would it be overtraining?
>>
>>35439481
You have like over 30 fucking excercises

Say good by to your fucking joints and hello to tendonitis

You wont ever progress at a reasonable weight because you've split your focus over 30 excercises you fool
>>
>>35439536
I am just trying to understand the science behind it, how would a variety of different exercises destroy your joints?
>>
File: 1443068345593.jpg (42KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1443068345593.jpg
42KB, 500x334px
>>35438090

Ignore everything in this thread and pick up Practical Programming for Strength Training.
The answer is in the first few chapters.
>>
>>35439565
It's called an overuse injury

If you want to learn more about the skeletal system, go ahead and read a fucking book.
>>
>>35440130
I'm a certified Memeology Linguist

What this memefaggot is saying is:

I browsed 4chans and misc and think squating my joints away and getting fat means im a big strong boy now with mean mussel gains. I'm too stupid to think for myself, so here take this trolling like i did

ps buy creatine and whey
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.