[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 35

File: 1451078304323.png (24KB, 882x576px) Image search: [Google]
1451078304323.png
24KB, 882x576px
Should I start with SS or PPL for aesthetics?
>>
Does anybody have a screencap of the greentext of how a guy doing SS looks to the average gym goer?
Thanks bros
>>
Redpill me on rice, pea and hemp protein supplements someone please. Are there any pros and cons vs whey? Does anything besides the (BC)AA profile matter? The interwebs have too much and not enough information at the same time it seems.

>>35415693
Doesn't matter. What matters is doing your heavy compounds. If you have 6 days a week to spare do PPL I guess.
>>
>>35416045
BCAA content and digestion/absorbtion rare is the most important.

IMO whey + casein mix is the best. You can get milk protein that is whey + casein in the ratio it's naturally found at in milk.
>>
>>35415724
I wanna read that shit
>>
>>35415724
seconding this
>>
Fucked my back when i was did high level judo, doctor doesnt want me to squat. I know that legpress can substitute squats a little, what else could i do/add?
>>
Would taking a pre-workout help me if I have issues with low blood pressure during my routine?

>inb4 see a doctor, faggot.
I already have and know what the issue is. I just want to finish my workouts without passing the fuck out.
>>
File: weaklifts.webm (2MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
weaklifts.webm
2MB, 720x1280px
It's a shitty video because I fucked up the framing, but if possible (from what you can see) does my form look ok? I don't wanna snap my shit up.

Its 3 reps because I'd already done my working set of 5 but I fucked that video up too.

I recently watched that alan thrall video about "loading the hamstrings" so I was trying to take that into account, felt a bit like I was standing up, then pulling my back up but it looks to me like my lower back kept tight, so is that alright?
>>
File: 4682228.jpg (20KB, 385x289px) Image search: [Google]
4682228.jpg
20KB, 385x289px
>>35415693
>mfw trying to figure out nutrition
>"DUDE YOU NEED TO LEARN YOUR BMI AND BODY FAT AND THEN DIVIDE THEM BY THIS! THEN YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT YOUR MACROS AND BLAHBLAH BLAH!"

Do I really need anything other than eating my weight in protein+the 2700 calories I need to gain muscle?
>>
>>35416353
not unless you want to be into competition mode.
i dont count shit besides my daily protein intake and i am looking good
>>
>>35416309
You want to feel like you are tearing yourself away from the floor, like a leg press. Finishing the pull by pushing your hips through is fine. Try pulling your shoulder blades back and down. More stability and sick middle back gains
>>
>>35416309
Looking at how your heels rise at the end of the lift, it looks like your center of gravity is too far forwards and you're partially squatting the weight up.

For a start, lift in socks or some flat shoes like chucks or something so your feet are flat and that should improve things a lot.
Back looks flat and starting angle of the hips too, but you should concentrate on keeping the bar closer to your body as it looks like it's too far away after you get it past your knees.

Overall not bad m8, just needs a little tuning.
>>
>>35416353
How did you get the 2700 number without knowing your body fat percentage? You literally only need to know it because it helps the katch-mccardle equation solve for tdee
>>
>>35416353
You don't need 1g per lb of bw.
You need .82g of protein per lb of lbm (bw-fat=lbm) when on a caloric deficit and. 68g per lb of lbm on a caloric surplus
>>
>>35416397
>How did you get the 2700 number without knowing your body fat percentage?

every calculator I visited just asked for my height, weight, and age and level of activity.
>>
>>35415693
SS, and other frequent fullbody routines, are the fastest ways to gains as a newb, period.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is a fucking DYEL faggot.

>>35416045
Stop caring so much about gay shit you skinnyfat bitch, just get your protein in. Life isn't like WoW where you need the top tier gear or else you fail miserably.

Actually, it IS like WoW because you should only be micromanaging your supps when you're a high enough level for that shit to actually matter. Just worry about your form and not eating like a faggot and you'll be fine for the first year.
>>
>>35416409
>68g per lb of lbm

>mfw I have to eat 10kg of protein a day
>>
T-BAR ROW, CHINS, LAT-PULLDOWN, DEADLIFT i picked this 4 excercises for back what do u guys think. is there any better ones?
>>
>>35416481
PULL-UPS, CABLE ROWS, DB ROWS, DEADLIFT
>>
Well depends if you have any prior experience with lifting. If you don't (lifted for less than a year), start with SS, and then slowly add accessories, dips after 2-3 months, and then reverse flies, chinups, bicep curls every month or so.
>>
>>35416447
.68g, not 68.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
So in a month i am doing a recruitment-test to test my cardio where i basically sit on a stationairy bike that has increased resistance the longer i go until i can't do anymore.

What's the best way to train for this? I already run 2km on the treadmill after every workout
>>
Sometimes when I do pushups, my arms get mega pins and needles type tingley things but only when I push back up it happens. Anyone know what is going on?
>>
Does ostarine require PCT?
>>
>>35415693
How long have you been lifting?

>>35416259
What is the issue?
Have you tried preworkout in the form of food?

>>35416596
Pinched nerve(ulnar nerve) or problem due to bad form. Have you recently injured your elbow?
>>
>>35416584
If it's only about having the strength to keep going at high resistance levels, then all you're going to need is more strength work.

Your seat height is ultra important to power output on a bike, the gold standard these days is to have a knee angle of around 25 degrees at bottom of pedal stroke with a little bit of ankle plantar flexion depending on your flexibility and preference.

Best of luck, I hope you don't shit up your knees from having a bad bike setup anon.
>>
>>35416674
I'm on dialysis for kidney failure and anemic. I usually go straight to the gym when I get up, and then eat afterwards. Would caffiene before the workout help?
>>
I sprained my back last week. Is around ten days rest enough? I'm worried about my gains
>>
>>35416674
>Have you recently injured your elbow?
No I haven't.

I am pretty sure my form is good, Can you direct me to a video or something of proper pushup form?
>>
...How much vitamin D do I actually need? The sticky recommends supplements that are 5k IU each, but the information I've found online says 600 is the recommended amount.
>>
Is this effective?

Cucumber
Carrots
Lettuce
Boiled Egg
Bread

Comes to about
50 carb
30 fat
20 protein

Supplement with protein shake

Is it effective to eat this over and over to maintain good macro ratios? I bulked too much fat and now want to eat at maintenance with less fat so my faggot stomach goes away.
>>
>>35416723
What kind of strength training? squats and DLs?
>>
Is there a wonder food cheat sheet to skewing your macros one way or another? Like foods you would eat to increase your protein intake, carb intake, or fat intake as you see fit
>>
>>35416828
>>
>>35416982
>tfw when you can't do pushups like that because your wrists are fucked up.
>>
>>35416846

Anything up to 10000, take 5000 if you have seasonal depressive disorder, less if you get sunlight or take vitamin K
>>
Will I overtrain doing PPLxPPL on this routine:

DAY 1 – PULL

Deadlifts or Power Cleans
Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows, or Wide Grip Chins
Barbell Curls, Close Grip Underhand Chins, or Hammer Curls

DAY 2 – PUSH

Incline or Flat Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press
Barbell or Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
Tricep Dips or Close Grip Bench Press

DAY 3 – LEGS

Front or Back Squats
Barbell or Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Calf Raises (3x12) - only if a seriously lagging bodypart
Weighted Crunches or Weighted Hanging Leg Raises (3x12)
>>
>>35416936
Yeah lad, they'll do fine.

Depending on how well adapted your CNS is to riding, it might be worth doing some balance and flexibility work too.

Hams and calves are going to be your weak point on a bike for 95% of non cyclists so stretch them out often and consider some oly lifts like power cleans but aim mainly for strength work for your purposes.

And be sure to watch out for subs anon.
>>
File: pushupbars[1].jpg (27KB, 324x275px) Image search: [Google]
pushupbars[1].jpg
27KB, 324x275px
>>35416982
>>35417004
Yeah, it hurts my wrists also doing pushups no matter how I do them.

Would getting these pushup bar things help you reckon?
>>
>>35417031
No, you should do push-ups on your fucking knuckles to improve wrist strength and also to utilize the Cobra Kai method of not being a pussy.
>>
>>35417006
If you have SAD, D injections (kek) will serve you a lot better.

That said, getting a big blast of sunlight in the morning from an east facing window to wake you up can do wonders, Even ask /out/ about how to setup an outdoor bug-proof hammock if you want crazy amounts of sun and go sleep outside now and then.

Getting D levels up doesn't happen overnight though, it can take months.
>>
>>35416846
>...How much vitamin D do I actually need?

I got 6 inches for you big boy ;)
>>
any way to maximize muscle gain and fat loss? im chubby and a couple months into SS, people say you start to notice results in 3 months and i did notice a lil bit of muscle and i was the same weight, not really checking what i eat but not eating junk while getting enough protons, i dont want to bulk as i already have enough fat and if i cut allot wont i barely build any muscle? any supplements to take like yohimbine? i try to do cardio on off days but due to weather in canada, i dont see that happening.
>>
>>35416749
Do caffeine, but nothing more. Don't take pre-workout mixes.
>>
>>35417138
Thanks daddy :D
>>
is olive oil healthy or not?
>>
>>35417257
It's one of the best to cook with.
I prefer olive oil or coconut oil.
>>
as soon as i put weight on my back for a squat my chest collapses down and i cant seem to keep it up and my squat form goes to shit as my hips rise faster, what do?
>>
>>35417257
Nothing wrong with olive, avocado, flax coconut etc.

Just don't make the mistake of using extra virgin for cooking, it's for viniagrettes, salads and other cold uses.
>>
I just finished a moderately intense cardiovascular exercise and now I have fucking horrible chest pain. This has never happened to me before. The pain is mostly centered at the bottom of my ribcage on the right side and it's worse when I move or breath deeply. I'm not dizzy or sweating, and I'm not short of breath, my heart rate seems to be fine, kinda fast but I JUST finished exercising like 5 mins ago and it's not skipping beats or anything. It hurts fucking bad guys. I've been googling but I'm not really getting any results that seem similar to what I'm experiencing.

Do I need medical attention? I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I'm really worried about this but I don't have health insurance and I'd really like to avoid going to the ER or anything.
>>
File: 463467.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
463467.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>35415693
If your a beginner do the modified version of SS found in the sticky. If your an Intermediate run Candito's linear power/hypertrophy routine. It's a free PDF from his website and is based on an upper/lower split. PPL is for high level intermediate or advanced lifters.
>>
>>35417281
>>35417318
alright
I'm mixing it with a shake which is pretty unhealthy I guess

my diet is GOMAD, instant oats, dinner and a shake consisting of
100g peanut butter
100g of ice cream
50g protein powder
5g creatine
tbsp of olive oil
some milk

am I on the path to a heart attack any time soon, or is it not as bad as I think?
>>
>>35417341
Take a nap.
>>
>>35416749
pre-workout, to my understanding, in general produces NO which is a vasodilator. if you have low blood pressure that could really be a problem especially with the anemia.

godspeed dialysisbro. at least now that you're on dialysis you're supposed to eat a high-protein diet
>>
>>35417369
That's not bad.
Plus you only have to really worry about your fat intake for health reason when you get older and your body starts dying. Or if you have a legitimate health condition.

I'd use some coconut oil if I was going to put oil into a shake.
>>
File: immortals-300-movie.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
immortals-300-movie.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>35416481
Chins and Lat-Pulldown are kinda repeditive depending on your set and rep range. You might want to go with an underhand grip on one of them or simply drop one from your routine. Also, if your not already working your posterior delts on other days, adding facepulls to the end of your back day would work well.
>>
Anyone have an awesome fullbody routine i can use? Im tired of the ones on the sticky.
>>
>>35417422
Greyskull LP is good.
Just read a bit and work in the addons.
>>
>>35417428
Thanks man
>>
File: 57cKKpW.jpg (596KB, 1365x979px) Image search: [Google]
57cKKpW.jpg
596KB, 1365x979px
>>35417172
Start doing HIIT Cardio indoors. It won't hurt your gains and it will definitely cause you to lose fat. There are some free Youtube videos that have HIIT routines that can be done in the warmth of your living room. You really should start tracking your Macros. As a beginner you don't need to bulk and cut. You can get leaner, stronger, and bigger at the same time.
>>
no the sticky are the most awesomeest add accessories if ur bored
>>
File: 111.gif (252KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
252KB, 500x500px
is it okay to drink milk that's gone room temperature?
I wanna drink it whilst out and about
>>
My wrist/forearms are weak. Whats the best way to improve strength on those parts?
>>
>>35417461
any consensus on doing cardio everyday? should i only do hiit on my off days? i always hear people about doing morning runs everyday before breakfast.
>>
do you jump when you do powercleans?
>>
>>35417635
Have you looked up how-to videos on YouTube?
>>
>>35416596
sounds like a pinched nerve to me. do you do 100 pushups or is your form shit?
>>
What's the deal with HGH? Do any of you take it, legally/illegally? Like...Is it something worth considering?
>>
why wouldn't it be? it takes like 2 hours in the temp. danger zone before dairy technically becomes contaminated. but like just drink it anyways that shits pastuerized you will be fine unless your stomach is a huge fucking pussy and even then drink that shit so you can build tolerance
>>
>>35417341
Is it just below right ribs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_stitch

If it's this how the fuck don't you know about this?
>>
>>35417502
Add some whey protons and it'll last forever.
>>
>>35417661
yeah they always involve jumping

but those that go to my gym don't jump

So I'm a bit conflicted on whose advice should I take?
>>
>>35415693
How much water should I be drinking during 40 mins of gym time?

I think I don't drink enough water because I don't sweat, which is crazy cause I'm exhausted after working out.
>>
>>35417610
buy a fat bar or a set of those fat gripz
>>
>>35417799
You shouldn't have to be drinking water during gymtime.
If you're worried about water intake, drink more water in the morning.
>>
>>35417610
Farmers carry
Barbell Shrugs
Forearm curls and extensions
Forearm roller
FatGripz
>>
I want big fucking arms, what's wrong with this routine on my pull day? I'm eating at a surplus btw:
This is in order of when I do them

Pyramid sets of dumbbel curls to failure (+5 lbs each set till getting 1 rep)
Bent over Barbell rows
4 sets of 8

Pull-ups on a roll bar
3 sets to failure
>>
I started doing C25K on Monday. I was planning to day two tomorrow morning, but my quads are still sore as fuck and it hurts just to walk. Should I wait until the pain goes away or just work through it?
>>
>>35417777
mirin quads
>>
>>35418212
You will get pretty sore first time. It took me 5 days to recover after my first serious run. I couldn't walk normally for 2. You could wait it out. You won't get sore next time
>>
>>35418212

Yeah, you're gonna be like that. I would rest for a day, then run the following day, even if it still hurts. Eventually, your body will get used to it.
>>
>>35418254
Alright, I guess I'll try it again next week. I'll just stick to walking for now so at least I'm doing something. Thanks.
>>
>>35418294
Don't bitch out, unless you are like 300 pounds then maybe take it easy for the sake of your joints.

C25K is for middle-aged couch potatoes. Theres no reason a reasonably fit person can't follow the plan.
>>
>>35418294
A week is a lot. They are just doms. 3 days max and I am assuming your calfs are dead and you can only walk on your heels
>>
>>35415693

if you are a complete beginer, you need to develop strength before aesthetics, so SS
>>
Is there really nothing else I can do to increase my strength besides the main lifts if I'm doing SL? Eating at a caloric surplus with lots of protein while lifting for 45 minutes every other day doesn't feel like enough.
>>
>>35418328
The reason I said a week is because I planned to do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and wanted to stick to that.

My calves are fine, no pain at all there.
>>
>>35417781
they don't jump most likely because when you get to a challenging weight, you only want to raise it just high enough to get under it. if they pull up on a much lighter weight with the same force, they would be jumping
>>
>>35418389

So you do jump after all?
>>
File: Progress 3.png (2MB, 1232x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Progress 3.png
2MB, 1232x1474px
Progress so far. Dropped from 265 to 190 lbs, at 5'10. I want to drop to ~15% bf before starting to build muscle. Is dropping to 180 lbs a reasonable expectation to meet this goal? Or should I be looking to lose another 15 or 20 lbs instead?
>>
>>35418423

Hey, first off, congrats man. I'd guess you're probably at 20-22% bodyfat right now. Getting down to 175 would definitely put you in the 15% range.
>>
File: 1407117798313.jpg (260KB, 580x819px) Image search: [Google]
1407117798313.jpg
260KB, 580x819px
>>35418071
bump
>>
>>35418071

Improve your bench press and get bigger arms.
>>
>>35418534
that's it? that's all the advice you have?
>>
>>35417610
Pull-ups like crazy
>>
Dumbbell, Barbell, or Kettlebell?
>>
>>35418071
TREAT CURLS LIKE YOU TREAT ANY OTHER LIFT AND SWITCH UP YOUR ROUTINE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, AND LINEAR PROGRESSION WITH BIG BOY WEIGHT BABY, GET BIG JUICY ARMS BY LIFTING HEAVY ASS 5 REPS CURLS BUT THEN ANOTHER DAY DO 12 REPS WITH SMALLER WEIGHT, JUST LIKE YOU TREAT BENCH PRESS YOU SEXY BEAST
>>
how do i increase the volume of my voice? like, how could i be heard at a loud bar or club?

or even in public, my voice sounds soft to me. i've tried projecting my voice, but it's not really helping tbqh
>>
>>35418423

Nice progress, Anon.

No need to bust your door though tough guy.
>>
>>35418071
The key to bigger arms are chin-ups and dips, not even joking.
>>
>>35418647
Try talking louder. Practice singing in the shower. Watch a lot of comedy.

Projecting your voice only works in a theatrical setting, as that's how auditoriums are set up.
>>
>>35418770
what if i can't do dips because they hurt my shoulder?

but i believe you, that's exactly what my dad says: chin ups and dips
>>
>>35418655
>>35418504
Thanks for the kind words. Figured I was somewhere around 20%, but had no real way to tell. 15lbs feels like nothing after 75.
>>
I'm a skeleton who started going to the gym around a month ago. Started with doing 45lbs stuff and I'm seeing some decent progress.

I seem to struggle with overhead presses, like I've been stuck at 55lbs for a week now. I'm squatting up to 80lbs, though. What can I do to fix this? Is it something to worry about?
>>
>>35418921

Most people will find that their OHP is the hardest to progress on and sits around half of their squat, if not less.

Shit's normal.
>>
>>35418938
Thanks, guess I'll just keep at it.
>>
Doing Phraks Greyskull lp (4months in)
Can I just add an arms routine at the end of my workout? Will it do more harm than good? (Goal = Aesthetics)
It will go like (all 3x10)
Bicep curls
Tricep pushdowns
Close grip bench press on the machine
Overhead tricep extension
Wrist curls (3x15)
>>
File: 1415196421637.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415196421637.gif
32KB, 250x250px
I've been doing SS for about three months now. I'm still making regular progress on my squats, deadlifts, and power cleans, but I am frequently miss my OHP's and only get them on the retry and I am starting to do the same with the bench press (which freaks me the fuck out as that's the only SS exercise that if you fuck up can kill you and the gym doesn't have enough people around when I am there to guarantee a spotter).

What should I be doing?
A) Just keep going because I at least usually make it on the retry and shouldn't be concerned until repeated misses.
B) Start adding accessory exercises to try to further push upper body development like dips and pull ups.
C) Same as A but move to smaller weight increments.
D) Same as B but move to smaller weight increments.
E) Other (please specify what)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I've finished my 2 months of SS and i now want to focus on upper body. Can anyone lend me a hand. Btw my goal body is /fit/ prometheus.

>pic related its me
>>
>>35418989
I'd just add BB curls and lying triceps extension 3x8-12 at the end.
If you struggle with forearm growth, which you probably won't for a while, try static holds and barbell shrugs. Or replace some of the curling with hammercurls.
>>35419059
Bench inside the power rack, if your gym has one. Lift safe anon.
>>
Question: Why is it that some people, even after many years of training (~5years)
>>
>>35419165
cont. never make it to at least 1300lbs or 590kg
>>
>>35419059
1)Learn how to roll out of a failed bench attempt before you die.
http://stronglifts.com/bench-press/safety/

2)Eat more and get some rest. If you cant progress at a small increment, then follow the procedure for deloading.

Try increasing like this:
- Workout 1 OHP 3x5x110 = 1650 total
- Workout 2 OHP 2x5x110, 1x5x115 = 1675 total
- Workout 3 OHP 1x5x110, 2x5x115 = 1700 total
- Workout 4 OHP 3x5x115 = 1725 total

>>35419111
Upper Lower Split or PPL. How many days do you want to go to the gym?
>>
>>35419111
Keep doing SS because you probably haven't stopped seeing linear gains yet. Add accessory workouts like curls, tricep extensions, side and front lat raises, and chest flys on appropriate days for more upper body hypertrophy. 3x8 works for these accessories. After a few more months (or next bulkan season if you plan on cutting), switch to a P/P/L routine. Or just switch now if you want. Lyle McDonald's P/P/L template can be found with a google search.
>>
>>35419059
bench in the power rack
>>
>>35419192
6 days a week. I got a lot of spare time.
>>35419198
I felt like i should, im just scared i'll go full t-rex mode. PPL does seem the most optimal in hindsight.
>>
Anybody here military or ex-military? I'm considering joining the National Guard and I'd just like to know how best to prepare for basic so it's not complete hell the first few weeks.
>>
>>35419156
>>35419223
Gym doesn't have a power rack... well, not a proper one anyways. They made the spacing huge so two people could share a rack, one per side. They don't have the cross bars I think you need for the safety guard. I've actually seen some people resort to using the squat rack instead but that does have safety arms.

>>35419192
I am pretty sure I eat plenty (although I will fully admit I haven't gotten into the habit of calorie counting yet). I was already overweight when I started so I figured if I'm already eating too much and I want to get stronger, I probably already have the calorie excess down but probably need to make it more nutrient rich and add a protein shake due to the high body weight.
>>
>1800 calorie diet
If I eat 2200 calories and burn off 400 through exercise am I good?
>>
>>35419184

Most people don't care that much about their 1RMs. And a 600kg total is pretty strong for a non-competing lifter unless you're really damn heavy.
>>
>>35416445
so is life like WoW or is it not?
>>
>>35419301
Okay I should have just said that your diet needs reviewing.

You shouldn't be doing SS while cutting so keep track of your calories and macros.
>>
>>35419353
Wait, you SHOULDN'T be doing SS while cutting? What the hell are fatties supposed to do?
>>
>>35417303
sorry to tell you this anon but you have a weak upper back and core
>>
>>35419307
1. Good for what?
2. It's pretty hard to consistently burn 400 calories. A solid weight lifting workout is maybe 200. I burn 400 calories after about 30 minutes of fairly fast running, or about 4 miles.
3. In theory, yes, that's how it works.
>>
>>35419307
You won't burn off 400 in exercise. At best you'll burn off about 200 and that's if you do a shitload of cardio.

You want to be losing weight even if you don't move a muscle all day, so that's why they recommend you enter "sedentary" for TDEE calculators. You only enter workouts if you want to be gaining weight.
>>
>>35419293
Currently deployed Armybro, basic is cake. Everything is pretty mental. Honestly just make sure you can run 2 miles in about 15-16 min or so , 50 push-ups and 60 sit-ups if you can do that you are way ahead of the game,All cardio and body weight stuff. Learn your basic soldier things like the creed, army song, basic land nav, rank structure, etc....
>>
>>35419383
I read vigorous calisthenics for 30 mins burns 400 calories for my weight (210).

Also Im trying to burn fat
>>
What's a good routine I can do with only dumbbells. Fat Virgin trying to lose weight and can't afford a gym membership.
>>
>>35419353
I'm not trying to cut right now. My current goal is increasing strength. I figured I can cut later. I mean, do I want to look good eventually? Sure, but as anyone will tell you, you can gain muscle OR lose fat. Not both. I thought about it and if I can't have both, I'd rather improve strength first and gain muscle. I also figured it might be easier to cut later once I have some strength to start out with so I can burn more energy lifting heavier weights.

It makes sense in my head, but that could just be some bro-science I came up with.
>>
so youre in the club when this guy walks up and slaps your girlfriends ass

what do you do?
>>
>>35419392
You're not gonna make it if you're relying in calisthenics for your physical activity. Also, you know 30 minutes means 30 minutes of CONSTANT vigorous movement. No breaks. This isn't a trivial thing. Since you're cutting, just eat the lesser amount.
>But it's hard...
Yeah, but just do it. Also lift some damn weights.
>>
>>35419390
Thanks. Got pushups and situps down, haven't ran much since it got cold outside but I'm sure I haven't gotten that out of shape. I know that most of boot camp is just teaching you how to keep your head cool in a firefight, so I'll focus on not losing my shit the most.
>>
>>35419424
Devil's three way brah
>>
>>35419424
Slap his ass.
>>
do you switch which hand is supine when doing mixed grip deadlifts?
>>
>>35419400
Planet Fitness is $10 a month. A local community/recreation center might be less or equal. You can lose weight doing cardio and eating less. A gym membership will be required to make you joocy. Dumbells are useless to you because if you can't afford a gym membership, then you can't afford to buy larger weights as you get stronger.
>>
>>35419400
>Fat Virgin trying to lose weight and can't afford a gym membership.

heres what you do.

Starting tomorrow, start drinking only water. No juice, or soda or any of that shit, JUST water

And then just start jogging everyday.

Thats all you really need to lose weight. Also, use a calorie calculator to find out how much you need to eat to lose weight.
>>
>>35419468
No planet fitness around here. I live in a tourist trap. Cheapest gym I could find is 24HourFitness and it's 56 a month without a contract. I'm not even gonna be here come October so I'm not wasting money on a year-long thing to "save money".

> You can lose weight doing cardio and eating less
Working on the diet, macros are 1600 cal/day with at least 110g of protein and less than 50g fat. Rest of the macros are redirected to carbs. As for cardio, I'm actually doing EC stack so I'm worried any HIIT would be kind of risky.

>A gym membership will be required to make you joocy.
I know but even if I get a job it'll be at least 2 months before I can afford the expense on top of my other bills. I made a huge mistake in moving here and I'm literally paying the price. Once I can afford it I'm going there, I was just kind of hoping for something in the meantime.

>>35419491
>Starting tomorrow, start drinking only water.
Already done, I only drink an occasional soda when company is over (which is maybe once a month, and then I still count it on my calories). Only other thing I have is milk to help with protein.
>>
>>35419458
You do same grip deadlifts unless you're trying to be cool.
>>
Is it bad gym etiquette to grunt while deadlifting? Also I can't help it but make sound as the plates hit the ground. I hope my cardio bunny gym doesn't kick me out for actually lifting weights in the gym.
>>
>>35419528
As long as you're not being loud I don't see an issue. If you're audible from halfway across the gym you're being a faggot.
>>
>>35419432
>constant movement
I know
>its hard...
I never said or implied that was a problem for me. I've stayed fairly consistent with this diet for a week and a half now and I dont feel discouraged.

I've heard the opposite here, and that building muscle/cutting fat is only more difficult but possible with calisthenics.
>>
>>35419513
You're fucking up your diet. First off, eat more than 110g of protein. Shoot for a gram per pound of lean body mass. So if you're 200 lbs at 25% bf, then you have 150 lbs of lean body mass. Also, cut your carbs and get at least 80g of fats, ensuring these are from healthy sources like fish oil, flax seed, and monounsaturated fatty oils. Fats are important for many things including your testosterone production. Lowering your carbs will help with losing fat.
>>
>>35419550
Okay, well then yes, that's how calories in calories out works. Good luck.
>>
>>35419562
>1g/lb of LBM

I thought this was only for already-muscular people? I remember people telling me 0.8g of protein was plenty for someone with very little muscle.

And where the hell do I get good fish oil? Everywhere I see is overpriced or cheapo fish oil with very limited amounts of omega3.
>>
>>35419533
Well now, I just remembered there's group cardio cycling lessons sometimes where the instructor basically screams from the top of their lungs in my gym.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (101KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
101KB, 500x388px
Can I get some advice about general health? My job itself is not outrageously physically demanding save for low-back pain and frostbite.

However, my health is taking a serious nosedive. I'm so fucking tired after the 8 hr shift+commute that I can only manage a nap and an hour or two awake before the next day.

If I somehow start going to the gym again will I feel better in the long run or will my body just adapt to this shit over time?
>>
>>35419603
What's your diet and sleep like?
>>
>>35419577
But the cheap shit from the grocery store and taken 2-3 doses per day. The maximum effective dose of fish oil fatty acids isn't that high, so this should be sufficient. And eat fish a couple times a week if you can afford it. Smart Balance sells natural peanut butter with flax seed oil added. It's a different kind of Omega 3s, but it's still good. A serving of this should bring you fat needs up to par. Eating more protein will allow you to keep the muscle mass you already have, and reduce the amount of carbs you take in a day, which is more important. Less carbs in your diet will lead to more body fat being oxidized for energy. You also feel more full, making it easier to avoid eating. You could find a bodyweight routine to help you maintain or even put on a little muscle mass as well. You can probably download P90X online for free somewhere. Don't get a virus though.
>>
Started a labor job where I'm cleaning out houses. involved plenty of lifting, prying out hardware, sweeping, hauling.. 3-4 days a week. Would this be considered moderately active? I'm trying to fuck with these TDEE calculators. For example, day started by loading 16 45 lbs boxes onto trolleys, then into stacks.. then 3 hours of cleaning, etc.

I'm 5'8 174 lbs.
>>
>>35419628
*Buy
>>
>>35419628
Ok but what about the 1g/lb of LBM? I see conflicting reports everywhere
>>
Do bananas get extra sugar over time as they ripe vs unripe? Does that mean they have more calories the following day somehow?
>>
>>35419636
Yes, that's moderately active. Just be sure to weigh ourself every couple of weeks to make sure you're not miscalculating.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 569x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 569x501px
>>35415724
>>
I want a thicker penis. Will jelqing do the job?
>>
>>35419614
Diet is not abysmal, usually eggs for breakfast, lunch options near the site usually have meat/black-bean burritos and such. Skipping dinner since I'm so tired anyway I can hardly manage near the end.

Get between 5-11 hours of sleep, depends on if I pass out for 5 hours when I get home. Doesn't seem to help much. Really just feel like shit. Too tired to even think about enjoying a drink or company.
>>
>>35419655
Jelqing has not been proven in a scientific setting and has the risk of ED as well as permanent muscle damage. There is no way to increase your penis size outside of very expensive surgery, and even that will sacrifice some of its usefulness. It's better to just learn to use what you have or get into some kinky shit. Unless you got a micropenis you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
>>35419664
Sounds like your diet IS abysmal. Even if you're eating 4 eggs for breakfast plus the burritos, I doubt you're even getting 1500 calories a day. That's extremely unhealthy and you should be aiming for around 2000, minimum 1600, in a physical labor job. It also sounds like your sleep schedule is really bad. You should look into fixing that as well.

Advice: Start counting calories and make sure you eat a good breakfast.
>>
>>35419641
What you're eating in protein is fine, but what I'm saying is better. 1g/lb of lbm has been found to be both safe and effective for improving training and exercise results. You can read more here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how-much-protein-do-you-really-need-official-position-issn.htm
>>
>>35415693
What's the retarded term for a push-up?
>>
>>35419690
Alright, next question: How the hell do I get 1600 calories-worth of food with less than 100g of carbs?

Is steak a good option? What are some good calorie-dense meats?

I'll do anything to help my weight loss go by faster.
>>
>>35419705
Earth press
>>
>>35419712
I mean the real one that some britbongs or sum other shit use
>>
>>35419711
If you'll do anything, drop your carbs below 40 g a day and increase your fat intake significantly. This will put your body into ketosis which will increase the rate at which you use ft for energy. That's not for the faint of heart though. It's safe, but you'll be hungry all the time and feel like shit sometimes. As for your first question, fats have 9 calories per gram, and carbs have 4 calories per gram. Therefore, you can easily make up the missing calories by adding healthy fats to your diet.
>>
>>35419705

Upside down bench
>>
>>35419437
Yeah and they literally ease you into it, there are people that have never excersise in their lives going to basic. The sooner you find the humor in that huge comical bad joke , known as "embracing the suck" the better off you'll be. Too easy
>>
>>35419705
Pull down
>>
>>35419743
I take back the stuff about keto. That's more for trained athletes trying to lose stubborn fat or cut quickly for special events. It's more important that you learn to eat a healthy balanced diet. The advice about lowering your carbs to around or below 100g and increasing your fat intake still stands though.
>>
How do I keep sodium intake down while bulking? Is this something to be concerned about? I eat ~3200 cal/day and there are days when I hit 4000 mg of sodium.
>>
>>35419775
That's kind of what I thought, everything I saw about Keto screamed "You should already have muscle for this because it's about preserving energy".

So my question still stands: what foods should I be eating to hit this goal without going over ~90g of carbs? I'm honestly not sure and fish is expensive as fuck around here (I live in a desert area).
>>
>>35419794
Well first off don't eat processed foods. Any processed food is going to have a fuckload of sodium in it for preservation. Natural foods will have less.

As long as it's in the ballpark of 3000-ish mg you should be fine as long as you drink plenty of water.
>>
>>35419718
Press up
>>
File: 1420144427980.jpg (114KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
1420144427980.jpg
114KB, 579x570px
>>35419802
Thanks. Home from college for break and missing the dining hall for sure
>>
Is it financially worthwhile to buy egg-whites or just extract from eggs? I need 6 a day.
>>
File: 1446491166022.jpg (24KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1446491166022.jpg
24KB, 399x388px
>>35416309
Horrible form. Your legs straighten before your back does. Your legs and back should extend at nearly the same rate. Also, do deadlifts barefoot or with flat shoes, man. Why the shit would anyone lift in sneakers; it's like diddlylifting off a bed, there's no stability.
>>
>>35419795
Peanut butter, Greek yogurt, chicken, steak, sausage, deli meats, mixed nuts, cheese, milk, whey protein, olive oil, cottage cheese, and veggies can make up the bulk of your diet. Add some brown rice, whole wheat bread, and potatoes to meet your carb needs. Potatoes are cheap as fuck. Greek yogurt isn't too bad by the tub. You can buy big bags of frozen meats and veggies for cheap.
>>
>>35419804
Funniest one so far
>>
>>35419865
Any advice for making greek yogurt not taste like sour dogshit? I've tried eating it plain before but I just can't do it. Can I mash up some frozen raspberries into it or something? I find it seriously gross.
>>
How dangerous and serious are exertion headaches?
>>
File: 91rPwDsXVmL._SX466_.jpg (57KB, 466x590px) Image search: [Google]
91rPwDsXVmL._SX466_.jpg
57KB, 466x590px
Hey /fit/, are resistance tubes good?
>>
>>35419884
Lol I know the feel bro. I find the brand really matters. The Kroger store brand tastes pretty not bad to me. You can add a packet of Splenda for a zero calorie flavor boost. And fresh fruit is always a good way to sweeten meals naturally. Careful you don't go overboard with the fruit though, it's a lot of sugar.
>>
>>35416749
10 grams of creatine per day would help more
>>
>>35419711
Read all the nutrition labels
Eat plenty of veggies
Fatty meats and fish
limit rice, beans and sugary products

>>35419844
Compare the cost. I don't know how much carton egg whites cost vs buying whole eggs.

>>35419884
Add vanilla, cinnamon, stevia.
When I buy plain greek yogurt I mix it with mashed sweet potatoes.
Its easier to just buy tubs of vanilla greek yogurt next time.
>>
>>35416247
How about a chiropractor and a new HMO?
>>
>>35419892
Just go to a gym.
>>
>>35419899
Well, I'm gonna try and figure out a good diet to this plan. I would've thought I wanted to keep fats low and just put shit into carbs, but I guess I've been going the wrong way. Probably need to invest more into chicken.

I'll also try to find some cheaper fish and invest in nuts. I already have been eating a bunch of powdered peanut butter recently but I guess it's not great for Omega3 considering the reduced fat content.

What are some veggies that will up my calorie intake? Broccoli is practically nothing.
>>
>>35419884
Mix half plain with half flavored.
Tastes pretty good, just less sugar.
>>
>>35419944
You probably won't be getting significant calories from veggies, but you can cook them in olive oil. They'll be tasty and better fit your macros. Just make sure you're recording everything you eat.
>>
File: 1451439570907.jpg (89KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
1451439570907.jpg
89KB, 500x388px
Where can I buy some cool athletic short shorts?
>>
>>35419987
No lie, Walmart for cheap.
>>
>>35419977
>Just make sure you're recording everything you eat.
I have been, I just thought I had this whole thing figured out for a long time now so it's a bit difficult to just up-and-change it all of a sudden. Especially with less than half the carbs I was limited to before.
>>
>>35419997
online bro, last thing I need is social interaction
>>
>>35419998
This is all nit picky of course. Calories in calories out is always the most important thing. So don't worry if you fuck up your macros every once in a while. That's all just advice for superior health benefits and more fat loss. We're all gonna make it brah, good luck.
>>
>>35420022
Walmart.com broseph. It's almost 2016
>>
File: Free Real Estate.jpg (68KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
Free Real Estate.jpg
68KB, 720x552px
>>35420047
wanna link a brother?
>>
>>35419892
Bump
>>
>>35419892
Bumping for this
>>
How do I foamroll my traps?
>>
File: 1451345059136.jpg (14KB, 216x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451345059136.jpg
14KB, 216x240px
>>35420092
you are a special kind of retarded
>>
>>35420054
These are better than the walmart ones actually.
http://m.hm.com/us/product/09378?article=09378-C
http://m.hm.com/us/product/24949?article=24949-R
>>
>>35420104
Why would you want to?
>>
>>35420110
???
>>
>>35420113
Little long for my taste, but thanks for the help bro
>>
>>35420135
No problem. You can always go a size down since they have elastic waists.
>>
Change PPL to pull push AxBxAxx/BxAxbxx
A-Push
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Chest/shoulders
B-Pull
Deadlift 1x5 (ramped)
Back and biceps

Use ss progression on big 3
>>
>>35420162
Not ramped, with back off volume
>>
I recently got an adjustable dumbbell set that goes up to 70kg each dumbbell and I want to start a proper lifting program instead of fucking around. So I was going to start doing SL5x5 and wonder what adjustments I will need to make to it to use dumbbells with it. I understand that SL is a barbell strength program but I don't have, can't afford a barbell or a gym membership right now so please no "hurr go to gym".

The only real problem I forsee with using dumbbells is squats. Should I do split squats or goblet squats? I'm thinking split squats, but would I still increase the weight by 2.5kg each session?

Anyone please help. Thanks alot.
>>
Need advice to change up my routine to something more aesthetic. I've been doing a quasi-SS and hit 1/2/3/4 lmaopl8 about two months ago. I had a crazy project to finish at work so didn't train for about a month and lost a bit of my gains, but I restarted lifting this week and should be back to 1/2/3/4 by the end of January if I just stick to SS.

However even when I was at 1/2/3/4 I looked pretty DYEL, especially my arms. I've been on the SS meme-train for so long I don't even know what accessory work to add. I already do weighted chins & pullups every workout, I'm thinking about adding curls + skullcrushers for arms. Anything else I should be doing?
>>
>>35418963
Your form may be fucked too.

Right when I started lifting, I plateau'd for about 2 months at about that same weight on OHP and I was like what in the fuck is the deal here.

My hands were way too far apart, and I was letting my elbows flare way out.

As soon as I got my hands & elbows in, I got to 1pl8 pretty quickly, and OHP became my favorite lift. It feels great to just push heavy shit as high as you can over your head IMO.
>>
I am 5 feet tall flat Manlet .what do you recommend besides killing myself.
>>
This might be a dumb question but how do I load up 1 plate onto a barbell by myself

As soon as I put the plate on one side the other side wants to fly up
>>
>>35415693
Earlier today was the last day for the week of SS and it's the third week in.

I did my squats and felt my lower back sore all the time. The bench came after but it is still not enough rest for my lower back. I skipped deadlifts today.

Did I fuck up or am I a pussy for skipping diddlys? My lower back is sore as fuck.
>>
>>35420309
most 45 pound bars will not do this until (in my experience) you put 70 lbs on one side, your probably using a womans bar. pussy
>>
>>35418823
I'm in the same situation as you, so far I haven't found a way to train my triceps as effective as dips with my shoulder injury, but db overhead tricep extensiones and v-bar pushdowns are pretty good replacements.
>>
>>35419246
My current routine is this
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162836851
But in the pull days I added db rows (besides doing bb rows), db concentration curls, hammer curls and cable curls.
On push day I added some accesories for triceps.
If anyone thinks that it's too much for the biceps they are correct, but muy arms are laging behind all my other parts.
>>
File: 1451306908273.gif (2MB, 410x396px) Image search: [Google]
1451306908273.gif
2MB, 410x396px
>>35420616
Thanks Senpai
>>
Please /fit/ please help me in my time of need.
I got Chocolate Gold Standard 100% Whey and just tried my first scoop... The smell wasn't that bad but the first sip made me gag.
I said fuck it and started chugging it until about 1/4 was left but then I threw a little bit up and dumped it in the sink.
I used a ton of milk because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Should I be using milk or water? How much? I dont wanna waste any but jesus this stuff tastes awful.
>>
>>35420754
If it's that bad you should toss it.

Whey is really important and if it makes you gag you made a bad investment.

Most people like the chocolate, are you sure your milk hasn't gone bad?
>>
>>35420754
You mean Double Rich choc?

That is one of their best flavours what is wrong with your tastebuds
>>
>>35420780
I got the milk yesterday and the why about 3 or 4 days ago. I could always throw it in a blender with some peanut butter oats and milk and im sure it would be fine but I dont want to have to do that every single time I take this stuff. Am I using too much liquid? About how much do you add?
>>
File: 1445811746439s.jpg (7KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1445811746439s.jpg
7KB, 250x186px
>>35420754
Bad with milk? da fug, that shits the bomb even with water
>>
>>35420796
I got extreme milk chocolate
>>
>>35420805
I usually do about 1.5 cups per scoop, but the thing that confuses me is that you're claiming the taste is disgusting. The chocolate flavor of ON Gold Standard is one of their more favored-choices.

I advise you to ask a friend and see if they think there's anything funny with it. If they think it tastes fine, you've got some weird taste buds. If they also gag, look for something being rotten.
>>
>>35420805
If you make it in a blender bottle often go 2 scoops whey with milk of about the same proportion so 1:1 I guess
>>
How do I kill skinny fat? I think it would be better for me to cut to around 12% and then clean bulking. Also how do I minimize muscle loss while cutting? I don't want to lose the small amount of muscle o have left
>>
/fa/ggot here

Best workout to get to Chris pratt mode and how long will it take me from dyel skinnyfat
>>
>>35420871
>>
>>35420871
I reccommend starting with SS to get a basis, took me 1 year to have other ppl notice that I was swole and 2 years for me to think that I was swole
>>
>>35420866
You should really read the sticky if you want detailed answers. Skinnyfat isn't fun to get out of, worst shape you can be in. Cutting first will help, but either way you won't be able to advance for a while.
>>
>>35420871
Push pull legs for 2 years with good diet.
>>
>>35420866
>I think it would be better for me to cut to around 12% and then clean bulking.

Whatever you want to do. There is no real wrong answer when starting at skinnyfat. Just make sure you lift heavy

>Also how do I minimize muscle loss while cutting?

Hit you protein macros and lift weight
>>
>>35420871
Pharma grade roids + Hollywood diet plan
>>
>>35420896
Fug. Ok.
I think the most degrading part about this is that I've been lifting for a year with no results.
Bad form, bad diet, and bad workout partners will do that.
Probably going to take me two more years to get to where normal people get in one.
I just want to be big by the time I go to Uni :(
>>
I have a cold, but I just started working out before I pass the point of no return and I'd rather not start missing days. Should I head to the gym anyway?
>>
>>35420934
As long as you fix your shit, you'll be gaining or losing weight as needed. It just takes proper dieting and determination.
>>
>>35420941
Get better. No one wants some sick guy spreading his germs all over the weights and you'll be too weak to make any progress.

Sometimes these things will happen. Just make sure to start back up once it's all said and done with.
>>
>>35416124
>>35416130

>>35419649
Thanks bro, I'm afraid it's not that one though :( The guy starts squatting with an empty bar (>wtf to the average dude) and also takes really little time in the gym and leaves.
>>
>>35419711
Read about keto diet. There are many foods low in carbs.
>>
I've been eating like shit for the past few months but kept working out. I've gained bodyfat and maybe a tiny bit of mass. My arms and shoulders are somehow showing more veins. How is this possible when I gained bodyfat?
>>
2nd week of SS and my lower back is sore as hell.

Should I take a rest today or go light? I don't wanna go to snap city.
>>
>>35421319
It's completely possible, when bulking you'll gain fat and muscle at the same time. That's why you bulk then cut etc.

>>35421322
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#I.27m_sore_after_my_first_workout.2C_should_I_skip_the_next_workout.3F
If it's DOMS you should go.
>>
>>35418963

VOLUME
O
L
U
M
E

Keep in mind I can't push lmao1pl, so take my advice with a bit of salt, but doing volume after your sets has served me well, and I'm looking at lmao1plate next week after plateauing for 3 weeks in a row. Just do 50% of your max for 5x10 sets (BBB style). It does wonders and will help you practice your form. Keep the fucking armpits tucked, and don't let your elbows flare.
>>
>>35421319
Your muscles became bigger in volume and are pushing your veins harder against your skin.
>>
I have a $50 gift card to GNC. What half an item should I get?
>>
6'1, 190 pounds, 15% bodyfat.

Bench: 235
Squat: 325
Dead: 405

Cut or bulk? Going down to 10% bodyfat will make me look really skinny in clothes.
>>
>can only get 4 reps at 95kg bench
>can only get 4 reps at 57.5kg ohp
;_;

been a few weeks now
drop back or keep trying?
>>
>>35421437
mirin' those stats.

why don't you post a pic or post on cbt
>>
>>35421445
Do workouts that compliment that on your off days. I've been doing dips and pull ups to strengthen those muscles.
>>
>>35421477
i already do 3x8 20kg dips and 3x5 20kg pullups
>>
>>35419412
Replying to my own post here. Just asking if this makes sense. Is it a bad idea to do strength training for a year before cutting if I am already overweight and eating a caloric excess?
>>
>>35421497
i'd rather not do it desu, being overweight is unhealthy. i guess you'll have gains tho
>>
>>35419424
>implying scooby would choose to slap my girls ass over my ass
>>
>>35421360
Thanks
>>35421437
I would cut. What is the point of going above 15% bodyfat? Unless you're just training for heavy lifts of course.
>>35421497
As above. If you don't mind looking worse than you do now go for it.
>>
Any advice on what to do after a sugary binge? I'm not talking about like 100 kcal or anything, but like chocolate, several ice cream cones, granola.. Should I try to workout more? Restrict the next few days. Feel awful. Sorry for my bad english but any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>35421757
also to add, anything to help with slight bloating that has helped you guys?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
So, for new years i'm staying at my aunties, but I still want to work out.

The only gym-related gear my cousins have are these dumbells, with 4x1kg weights. Currently following SL5x5, what workout can I do, with this minimum amount of equipment?
>>
>>35421872
Oops, 6x1kg*
>>
Any reason why I shouldn't add forearm exercises when doing SL, like hammer curls, wrist curls and side laterals?
>>
>>35421757
Try eating a bit more so you don't have to end up binging. Don't restrict yourself in a way that you can't maintain.
You can try to balance it out a bit with extra cardio or a bit of fasting but one binge won't set you back that much.
>>
>>35421872
>squatting 6kg

shit man you are hardcore

also JUST GET TO THE GYM
>>
>>35421908
thanks, i needed that. i should probably do the cardio yeah, hope this groggy ( i think that's the word) feeling goes away soon ..
>>
>>35420299
Work out. You'll get gains faster than anyone.
>>
>>35421445
>>35421445
>>35421445
can i get some more advice

preferably from someone with decent stats that weights little (70-80)
>>
is 1/2/3/4 1rm?
>>
>>35422187
Nah, its 3x5 (lifts that pple expect you to have after a succesful run of SS)
>>
>>35421960
>squatting 6kg
These are not mine

>get to the gym
I'm in another city
>>
>>35422202
>People ride SS to 1/2/3/4

There comes a point where one must think for themselves
>>
>>35417031
Those are great. You can go deeper with them and you don't have to worry about your fucking your wrists up.
Doing push ups on your knuckles is for try hard edgy teenagers
>>
>>35416045
They're supplements.
Might be as balanced on AAs, or even better if you want a slower or faster absorbption (but why would you? it's not worth the hassle) as a steak, but are way more expensive.

That's it, really.
>>
>>35419366
If your main concern is fat loss then focus on your diet and do some cardio. If you really want to start training on babby's first cut then you can try SS but I think linear progression will be hard without eating at surplus. It will still give you an opportunity to learn the lifts though. Start with very little wegiht.
>>
>>35422187
>>35422202
>>35422226

1/2/3/4 is 1rm, and I think very few people actually stick with SS from the very beginning to get there.
>>
>>35422579

Those that actually read the book and do the program properly.... eh, its a toss-up (unless they're fairly light or cutting hard, then its probably not going to happen).

The average person on /fit/ 'doing ss'? Yeah, they're fucked.
>>
>>35415693
Hey guys i haven't been to the gym in months.I rarely work out but i still haven't put on weight and look very fit with low bf(not skelly mode i'd say ottermode).I'm thinking about starting jogging.How will it affect my body and any other tips?
>>
>>35419369
anyway to fix? or should i deload and work my way back up?
>>
File: 1445322475643.jpg (125KB, 648x880px) Image search: [Google]
1445322475643.jpg
125KB, 648x880px
Help me fit. What program should i use if i can only lift 4 consecutive days a week (tue, wed, thur, fri, and occasionally sat) my schedule doesnt allow for anything else. Did SL before
>>
>>35418287
Thanks, anon. I took your advice and I went for my run. I was kind of surprised that the pain went away as I got going. I still had a rough time, but I'm glad I didn't put it off.
>>
Deadlifts and weighted dips/pull ups are starting to wreck my hands, anything I can do besides use gloves during those exercises?
>>
How much will donating blood/plasma affect my gains? A place not too far from me is offering money for it and I'd like to do it as I'm a poorfag.
>>
Anyone got the "I make the babby bulk" picture?
>>
Are there any good books about nutrition? There is so much information on websites, I do not know where to start. Ideally a good book that explains the parameters and provides knowledge on how to plan your own macros/meals.
>>
>>35420299
this
>>35422072
you will become square shaped in no time
>>
Guys im out of bread today, what are some high calorie snacks to eat that don't cost a shit ton and are low in sugar
>>
How do you get below 10% bodyfat? Is a deficit all there is to it or do I have to go further and, say, do carb cycling or something?
>>
File: 65 inches.png (885KB, 640x744px) Image search: [Google]
65 inches.png
885KB, 640x744px
>>35423045
>you will become square shaped in no time
Mr 65 inches has one of the best bodies on this board, and he's 5'3. This guy can do the same. You're just a jellie lanklet faggot, bb.
>>
I feel like shit before going to sleep and when I wake up, as if I was sick. I'm perfectly fine the rest of the day.
When I wake up, I also cough and spit a little mucus, kind of like those long term smokers (I've never smoked once in my life).
What's going on and how do I fix this shit?
>>
>>35423128
it was actually meant as motivation. I think the guy in the pic could pack on even more mass. if you aew small, you can reach amounts of muscle per size that you cant as a taller guy
>>
>>35423192
>it was actually meant as motivation
Dude, you replied 'this' to 'should I kill myself'.
>>
File: 1438448309655.jpg (68KB, 750x539px) Image search: [Google]
1438448309655.jpg
68KB, 750x539px
i have kyphosis and my left shoulder is rounded, most likely from years of starcraft and furiously masturbating 5 hours a day.

Any exercises that could remedy these ailments ?
>>
What kind of injury/problem could give you hip pain that's slight sharp pain that shoots from and around the hips to hams, knees, and feet?

Nerve problems? I've had this hip issue for about 6 weeks now when I initially injured my back. Maybe it formed from incorrect walking due to the pain.
>>
>>35423612

That's your sciatic nerve getting pinched
>>
>>35416931
Try to eat a variety of foods to keep up with all your micros. That being said, this is one of the best I've seen to control calories. The only thing I'd sub out is bread. That shit will make you feel hungry within an hour.

Consider playing around with these: broccoli, chicken, spinach, almonds (and other nuts), seeds (flax being a common one), and avocado.
>>
>>35423721
What can I do to fix it? Can I assume that it's healed and I'm fine to train hard again if the pain is 100% gone?
>>
>>35423793

Yeah but keep an eye on your lower back form
>>
>>35423866
Okay, will do. Thanks man
>>
File: pain.jpg (64KB, 1000x480px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
64KB, 1000x480px
im having a mystery injury for a couple of months now. went to a fysio numerous times, but he didn't know what it was.
whenever i pinch my shoulderblades, do any time of rows or have heavy loads (70 kg+) above my head i feel this dull, pinching pain on my left shoulder blade. sometimes its not there, but after doing a set of anything that retracts my shoulder blades it starts hurting again.
see pic for exact location. its between my shoulder blade and the muscle next to it. have done foam rolling + strechting but nothing seems to be working. tyvm brehs
>>
realize this is kind of a bullshit question, but why am I so blaoted?

Or what causes a bloated stomach? Im skinny fat basically, and I my stomach is all bloated at random times and I have no idea what causes it. I thought it might have been bread and wheat so I stopped eating those for a while but it did nothing

the only other thing I know that causes it is beer and soda, and I havent drank either in over 8 months
>>
i have elbow pain, but it's not golfer's or tennis elbow.. it's on the very middle of my elbow behind the main joint towards the triceps.. i cant find any info about how to remedy this? only pain on the inside/outside
>>
>>35424039
could be weak abdominal muscles causing anterior pelvic titlt
>>
>>35424082

IN ENGLISH DOC!
>>
>>35421908
1. Your grip will improve fine by lifting heavier in barbell exercises in general, and also with pullups.
2. It might be too much volume (5x5 is already a lot)
>>
File: s8ef20aa1.jpg (307KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
s8ef20aa1.jpg
307KB, 1600x900px
i'm smoking e-cigarette with 0 nicotine.
does sweet vapes stimulate my insulin release? i don't want to be a diabetic, i've already got bad genes.
>>
>>35424159
Regardless of diabetic worries, you shouldn't smoke. Period. Shit's bad for you.
>>
>>35424138
google it ya fag
>>
>>35422773
Gloves are not recommended, try this:
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#Chalk
http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/

>>35423116
Just cut, also below 10% you can try recomping LeanGains-style
>>
>>35417341
Sounds like stitches, everyone get thems. Best way to get rid of them is to stand up and touch your toes repeatedly until the pain fades.
>>
What are some good workouts for obliques that can be done at home?
>>
>>35415693
What to mix creatine too.
I use coffee but bro at gym says its bad. Youtube and /misc/ are no use as multiple.differing opinions.
>>
In the last year and a half I've gained 30lbs up to my current weight of 200. That is the result of alcoholism, shit diet, and a sedentary lifestyle. When I get back to school in a week, I plan on doing cardio 5 days a week.

MWF - Couch to 5k, working in the increments the program provides
TR - solo raquetball. Idk if any of you have ever played this on your own, but holy shit is it a workout.

I guess my question would be, is it feasable to A: start this workout from essentially having my only exercise hammer curling a beer to my lips and B: lose 30lbs of fat in 4 months doing this program?

To add I plan on stopping drinking and eating clean at a deficit.

Thanks.
>>
Is a multi vitamin recommended during a cut? Will it help?
>>
File: 8853520.jpg (101KB, 551x549px) Image search: [Google]
8853520.jpg
101KB, 551x549px
Muscle grows by making small tears/scars to the fibres, right? Why then when you stop working out, your muscles get smaller/disappear? I have scars on my skin and they won't go away. Why doesn't the same happen with muscles?
>>
File: 1441675196055.png (367KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1441675196055.png
367KB, 1920x1200px
Guys I workout 6 times a week and before every workout I run 2k (about 160cal). Is this killing my gains?
>>
I'm about to start my cut - do I really need oats in my post-workout shake or is this just a meme? Feels like 100 cals I could cut out.
>>
So how the shit do I progress on bench when the smallest increment I can do is 2.5kg?
>>
Quick question
My brother and i have about the same height and weight, the problem is that he doesn't go to the gym and have 25% bf and i have 14%.

He wants to start going to the gym and i want to know if he's going to benefit from my supplements
>BCAA, Glutamine, Whey and all sorts of vitamins.

I mean, his focus should be losing weight, is he going to throw away all my money by using my supplements or will it help him losing weight??
>>
Is it alright for men to take evening primrose oil?
>>
Anyone got some good HIIT routines I can do indoors?
>>
>>35424159
Its a verry small amount, unless you are chain vaping for hours straight.

I vape and have yet to notice a blood sugar increase. I did keto and the vaping never kicked me out of ketosis.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ecigs-vaping-and-diabetes.html

>>35425585
Unless that multi has CLA, Ephedrine or yohimbine it wont help speed up your cut. It is a good idea to take a multi in order to get the vitamins and minerals missing from your diet.

>>35425883
Those scars will slowly fade due to skin peeling and new layers of skin being created.

Muscles go away because thanks to evolution, our bodies are good at only maintaining the amount of muscle mass needed.

So when your biceps are big from you tricking it into thinking that you need to be able to curl 100lbs, they will shrink down to the appropriate size if you only need 50lbs of curling strength.

Its more complex than that, but you can blame evolution.
>>
Is the first cycle of 5/3/1 a meme?

Before 5/3/q I was hitting a new PR every 7-14 days. Now it will be 2 months on 5/3/1 before I hit a new PR. WTF is the benefit of starting so light?
>>
File: toothless.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
toothless.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
What is that site (search engine) that lists the benefits of different foods and substances, and has all the links to the scientific papers and backgorunds? Can't remember it.

Have Toothless in return.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.