[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fitness culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: apacolypse now.jpg (7KB, 316x160px) Image search: [Google]
apacolypse now.jpg
7KB, 316x160px
why are there so many guys who think lifting makes them into a macho man? For most of them it's their sole form of exercise . It seems like the equate masculinity with being swole. so what I'ma sking is why do people thing lifting makes them hot shit?
>>
Why are you here, tumblr?
>>
>>35409049
Macho Man Randy Savage lifted weights bro! The king of the jungle is not a fucking Koala Bear.
>>
I murdered hajj for a year in the mountains of Kush and when I went home brolords made fun of me for being skinny while their overly tanned and fake blonde girlfriends giggled. Nobody really gives a fuck about anything unless they can visually observe it.
>>
>>35409049
Because feminists have taken over, manliness has now been banned as a socially accepted character trait and reduced to a physical veneer, acheived by muh big muscles muh beard muh eating spicy food type shit.
>>
>>35409049
Matter a fact don't lift, this shits not for you.
>>
>>35409049
It's the first thing they ever achieved that took any effort.
>>
You guys are all misreading OP. It's the fact that pure curlbros that simply look huge but are not athletic. Their bodies are not alpha because their bodies would betray them in anything else besides lifting. There's more to being manly than lifting weights and looking like you lift weights. In fact, vanity is one of the most feminine qualities possible.

To OP, I feel you. Just keep moving forward and do your thing.
>>
>>35409666
thanks chubby satan
>>
But it's beyond that, really. "Lifting" isn't a necessary (nor sufficient!) condition for being "alpha."

My father was extremely alpha. Did construction his whole life, was built like a fuckin bear, had a big beer belly. He was a boxer in his youth. Probably never went to a "gym" with weights.

More alpha than any curlbro that vainly goes for the pump.
>>
the same reason every white bro wants a gook girlfriend. you get to be treated like a man without have any duty or responsibility or being a man.

its the opposite part of the "body acceptance" movement. Should i lose weight and possibly come to terms with the fact that i'm not an attractive girl? No hard work and character growth take effort, i want instant gratification. effort is/are patriarchal lies.

And for young men -- should i work on my poor social skills? should i join a choir, a dance group, a book club? No, i will just lift weights in solitude, this way none of my preconceived notions are challenged and i wont be forced to grow as a person, i dont need any strength of character(or any character at all) people will still think im a man if i have muscles and a submissive wife. i want instant gratification. effort is/are lies spouted by jews and feminists.
>>
>>35409740
Back to /pol/ with ur jew comments u sad fuck.
>>
Honestly there so few outlets for masculinity left, there's no pride in being a breadwinner or loyalty to a job or company. It's shallow and vapid but what are you going to do I instead? Start slam poetry??
>>
>>35409049
because charlie don't lift
>>
File: 1437242199774.jpg (106KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1437242199774.jpg
106KB, 858x536px
fucking feminine fags and sjw. i miss manliness in the media. today you cant even make fun of gays, drink, smoke,dip, drive fast, get into fights when you get bullied, (just want you to tell the teacher or principle), do hard labor, curse occasionally, EAT MEAT!(evry1 is now vegan), they just want you to sit there and love everybody. They also want you to exept woman as equals when they are not. Woman cant use jackhammers, cant fight in battle the same as a tough group of men, are shorter, more spur-of-the-moment types, physically weaker and so much more.

>Men do not cry
>Men do not pout
>Men jack you in the fucking jaw and say...
Thanks for coming out
>>
>>35409779

Fuck off oven dodger
>>
>all this pseudo social science bullshit
Get a real fucking degree you plebs.

Lifting is fun, I don't think I'm more of a man because I'm big, others think it's all about them, and that I'm deliberately lifting weights to upstage their masculinity. Little dog syndrome applies to more than height.
>>
>>35409928
you are a dumb as fuck dumbfuck
>>
>>35409928
fucking 15 year olds.
>>
File: 1437851765528.jpg (79KB, 402x615px) Image search: [Google]
1437851765528.jpg
79KB, 402x615px
>>35409954
>>35409954
did i offend your feminine weak ass? or are you mad because you have queer friends who take it up the ass?
>>
>>35409949
but you do acknowledge that some for some people lifting is a signifier of their masculinity? (notOP)
>>
>>35409995
u dumb, nigga.

how many people do you know? how many of those are vegans? how do you reconcile those two numbers being different with your claim that 'evry1' is vegan?

the claim that you cannot drink or smoke 'today' is patently false.

speed limits for driving are higher now than they were a century ago, so it's certainly more acceptable to drive fast.

you're a dense cunt who imagines the world to be in a state of decline and against him when the vast majority of his complaints have actually gotten easier and more socially acceptable between his imagined golden age and the present day.

whinge more, fucknuckle
>>
Manliness is ultimately about self restraint and respect. Betas are the type of person who run their mouth and get butthurt at the smallest slight against them, "you wanna go bro? Wanna take this outside bro?". The manly response it to quietly reject their escalation in the knowledge you would win the fight. American gigabetas are especially susceptible to getting their knickers in a twist and the smallest little slight agaimst them, which is pathetically hilarious to watch.
>>
>>35409949
>>all this pseudo social science bullshit
>Get a real fucking degree you plebs.

>implying these people know the first thing about sociology and aren't just spewing bullshit to try and deal with the fact that white male dominance is now being rightly challenged
>>
>>35409049
Being big is a side effect of being a tough son of a bitch and busting your ass.
>>
>>35409049
Because doing hard stuff makes you hard. Also, lidting makes work easier so I can do more work than you, faggot.
>>
>>35409049
There are many men I know that think that manliness is about attitudes, doing what everyone else likes (drinking beer, watching soccer, talking about cars) and being sociable, when really those things are ultimately rather feminine traits.

I think manliness is about
>living for ideals rather than convenience
>respecting oneself and others
>knowing your responsibilities and priorities
>discipline and self restraint

I don't really think those are traits that only men have, but I still think about them as "manly", there's of course nothing really keeping women from having these traits, but it's kind of rare.

Being big is a tiny aspect of these things. There are many reasons why people decide to get fit or big. It's mainly vanity and insecurity and has not much to do with what I think manliness is all about. It requires a certain degree of discipline though.
>>
File: swear.png (1MB, 794x523px) Image search: [Google]
swear.png
1MB, 794x523px
>>35411154
this anon gets it.

But I think that lifting and getting big instills discipline, self-confidence, and patience into anyone who sticks with it. Generally speaking, those are qualities that we view as 'traditionally masculine'
>>
>>35409049
What do you think makes a man macho, OP?
>>
File: lena-gercke-hot-1.jpg (37KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
lena-gercke-hot-1.jpg
37KB, 610x610px
I think manliness is nothing but a different type of attention seeking, one that is rooted in traditionally honorable activities and traits. And making yourself pretty to get the approval of equally beauty obsessed individuals happens to fall under the category of superficiality while a blacksmith who autistically decorates some excalibur shit for hundreds of hours is a fucking badass, Or he's extra industrious and so on. You can almost make the argument that anything that's considered manly, both activities and traits, is only that because it's potentially useful to some type of industry. This is especially obvious in the archetypal "manly" philosophy stoicism after which at least 90% of masculine role models are modeled after...

There is no dignity in being manly.

>>35411154
>>living for ideals rather than convenience
>>respecting oneself and others
>>knowing your responsibilities and priorities
>>discipline and self restraint
And now give that archetype a high pitched voice, eccentric personality and faggy exterior... such man.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.