[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spinning or weight lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: tranblue.jpg (63KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tranblue.jpg
63KB, 960x640px
I want to start exercising seriously, and taking classes seems to be a good way to motivate myself to actually get the shit done. I have a few goals, which include eventually biking to work (once I buy a bike and get into shape for it) and doing some weight lifting. I have no idea what to when it comes to weight lifting and probably would need a class or personal trainer, and again I'd need to get into shape for biking around.

I'm going to pick one of these classes but not sure which. The weights class scares the fuck out of me because it will be more one on one attention from the instructor and likely more time spent talking to classmates. We would probably have to pair up with someone to spot us and I'm geeky, unhealthy and awkward. I bet everyone else will be attractive, strong and fun. Spinning sounds better because it's less interaction with people but doesn't fit my schedule as well and yeah. Idk. Help

I'm trans mtf and that makes me feel weird around people. is kinda why i'm scared of weights lifting.
>>
>>35381153
Yes people who need to take a weightlifting class will all look like they already lift a lot. Good thinking skills there.
>>
>>35381153
post ass
>>
>>35381168
i took yoga classes and it was 50% crazy fit girls :/

>>35381194
shut up and answer my question. i need to get registered dammit.
>>
>>35381153
>l'm trans mtf
Post op?
>>
>>35381453
why does that matter
>>
>>35381479
There's still time to save you if you haven't done the self mutilation surgery

Otherwise you'll be stuck in a hideous male body with no genitals
>>
>>35381605
it's because of people like you that i feel so uncomfortable about working out around other people.
>>
>>35381479

Because we want you to post your ass. Then I promise to give serious answers.
>>
>>35381672
Don't listen to him, but also bear in mind that /fit/ is one of the worst places you could come for trans acceptance.

As for the classes, just pick something and do it; anything is better than nothing. You're just making excuses at the moment.

>I'm geeky, unhealthy and awkward. I bet everyone else will be attractive, strong and fun
No, why do you think they're at the classes? Also, have you seen this board? Geeky awkward people are the main demographic in lifting at the moment.

Just read the sticky and start exercising. You don't even need a class.
>>
>>35381723
i've started doing yoga. iphone app thing is pretty cool. pocket yoga. trying to do it daily. i suck at it now but an hourlong session of that leaves me sore and exhausted.

and once i have some extra cash i'll buy a bike. really want to lose this weight and feel healthy and fit.
>>
>>35381723
>encouraging self harming
>>
>>35381153
Please post your body please :3

Also, any reason you cannot just read the sticky, starting strength, maybe watch some form videos and then just lift like literally everyone else?
>>
just cut your dick off
>>
Why the fuck do people do mentally sick shit like this

Ok you're gay, lesbian whatever...but trying to actively change your gender and sex? What the fak
>>
>>35381153
>>35381153
You don't want to be a girl, you just fetishized femininity and your brain incorrectly assumed that femininity = better life. You are trying to escape your problems without even understanding where you're going. Kill yourself.

I suggest spinning. Weight lifting is the last think a person looking for feminine appeal should be doing.
>>
>>35384054
tsunderrated post
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 313x470px
>>35381439
Yoga is a beast of its own you need to be super fit to do half the shit it's expected of you. Yoga is serious business.
>>
>>35383743
>mentally sick shit

You just answered your own question, albeit in a retarded way.

It's literally a mental illness. Not to say it's any less legitimate for it, but there's your answer.

>>35384054
That's some pretty spicy logical leaps and if I may suggest, probably a little bit of projection.

Some people are like that, but they're easy to spot (see: Chris-chan) and the medical system is set up pretty tightly to weed them out. Assuming that of OP based on the little you know kinda makes you look like a retard and unquestioningly makes you seem insecure and bitter about something.
>>
>>35385203
>It's literally a mental illness.
It's literally plastic surgery. Nearly everyone who feels they need to change their genitals also felt the need for face lifts or nose jobs or book jobs or muscle inserts etc etc. I don't see the appeal of most if any of that but I wouldn't say it's a mental illness. It's fair to say tho that a lot of people end up realising it wasn't the answer and offing themselves.

There are many trans people out there who are happy enough with performing as their preferred gender, and by and large this is enough for someone to be thought of as such and such a sex.

Obv these are massive generalisations but I think by and large it covers the majority of the trans population out there.
>>
>>35385298
>It's literally plastic surgery.
That is a treatment. I don't see how treatment = cause.

>Nearly everyone who feels they need to change their genitals also felt the need for face lifts or nose jobs or book jobs or muscle inserts etc etc
Well yeah of course, because who wants to spend their life as a dude with a vagina? If a person is getting sexually reassigned, it stands to reason that they dont want to look the same as when they started.

>I wouldn't say it's a mental illness
What part of it isn't a mental illness? Gender dysphoria is a psychological thing and it causes distress and general shittiness. That's kinda the definition of mental illness.

>It's fair to say tho that a lot of people end up realising it wasn't the answer and offing themselves.
Nah. Most people get shat on by friends/family/society and kill themselves, or decide they'll never be able to transition enough or that it's too late to start and THEN they kill themselves. It's not a regret thing.
>>
File: muh_dik.jpg (36KB, 552x616px) Image search: [Google]
muh_dik.jpg
36KB, 552x616px
>>35385298
>40% suicide attempt rate
>nothing is wrong
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with wanting to look and act like the other gender, but maybe doctors giving HRT and surgery as the first option isn't the best idea.

Doctors are legally prescribing HRT to pre-pubescent kids. With the huge push for trans tolerance, I think we may have gone too far in some places.
>>
>>35385321
Don't start with this whole boy brain girl brain bs. That's like neubroscience and the exact kind of thinking that causes people to worry about how much they can or should transition, whatever the fuck that means.

If you aren't happy with your physical appearance by all means change it if medical science allows it, but it is by no means a "wrong" body. If you think like that you are very unlikely to attain the "right" body that lives up to your ideal just like anyone else that goes too far down the body modification rabbit hole.

And no that isn't the definition of a mental illness.
>>
pls no trans people at the gym
>>
>>35385298
>Book jobs
>>
File: 205xs45.jpg (74KB, 835x892px) Image search: [Google]
205xs45.jpg
74KB, 835x892px
>>35385385
Not even the cute ones?
>>
>>35385403

that is not cute. That is the most lankly male body ive ever seen.

kill it with fire

the only cute one is baily jay
>>
File: 1450913432815.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450913432815.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>35381672
You do know you are on 4chan right? Most of the user base is not going to be accepting....
>>
>>35385364
I think a lot of the thinking is just wrong surrounding it and a lot of young people are suffering because of it. It's a shame because I'm sure everybody wants the best for everyone else in this but they feel pressured to go ahead with some pretty heavy treatments because puberty puts a kind of ticking clock on everything. And on top of that kids are stupid and don't know what they want and adolescents are hormonal and know even less what they want and that adds incredible confusion to this whole thing.

I also feel like we're taking a step back here on what it means to be a man or a woman. Like quite a lot of cis scum women do get unwanted body hair whether on the chest or face or anywhere else. But with the whole trans pre puberty this I feel it's going towards unwanted hair on a trans woman being a failure. Or a cis man with a small penis is natural variation but a small penis on a trans man is a shitty transition. It's creating these very narrow ideals imo, and I don't see that as healthy for a society.
>>
>>35385398
Like librarians or authors
>>
>>35385365
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan/

Brain/body mismatch is a gross misunderstanding/simplification, but it IS a neurological occurrence.

And the simple fact is, a person is their brain, the rest of the body is secondary to that. In this case there is no way to 'cure' the mental part of it (and the ethics therein are wonky as fuck) so it's the only solution.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 664x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 664x398px
>>35381153
Ok OP here's some actual advice. Do the classes and come out of your shell. With working out comes confidence and you need to start somewhere. Before I started lifting I was a huge baby back bitch and would never go to the gym for fear of looking like an idiot. Then I said fuck it and broke past it but really what helped was the people I surrounded myself with. The class will be full of fit bubbly people and thats who you need to surround yourself with in order to get fit. You gotta break this barrier and the only way to do that is surround yourself with positive people who live the way you wanna live. If someone gets on you for being trans tell them to fuck off and move on to other people. Start the classes and see how it goes but don't bitch out about it because your scared. That is when you really lose and will never gain anything. You may be scared now but it goes away over time
>>
>>35385479
>but it IS a neurological occurrence
Nah.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusions_of_Gender

This is a good book on some of the serious issues in study designs related to those kinds of studies. A lot of people would love their field to be super simple but they're drongos.
>>
>>35385580
Dude literally the only part of the academic reception section of that article that's positive is by a feminist sociologist.

I mean it's probably an interesting read, but there is clear and physiological neurological gender dimorphism in humans, and in the case of transsexuals, there are observed correlations with the 'correct' gender's traits.
>>
>>35385623
>Dude literally the only part of the academic reception section of that article that's positive is by a feminist sociologist.
I heard about the book by the glowing review in Nature.
>
but there is clear and physiological neurological gender dimorphism in humans
Again nah. There was even a study from Tel Aviv university that made the news rounds earlier this month that concluded these male female brain alleged differences to be wildly exaggerated. And that's not the only one this year. A lot of researchers won't want to talk about it (because it invalidates a lot of PhDs and careers) but brain scanning is pretty new and many out there don't know what it can show or what certain things can mean. Or they do know and are being willfully ignorant. The raw scans are all fine and dandy but the samples they're using and conclusions they're drawing are real horse shit.
>>
>>35381605
Fucking this. You can cut yourself open and change a few things that most people will never actually see. You can get your nose done and your facial hair removed, and attempt to change your voice with estrogen supps. But in the end you'll just be a frankenstein, unable to bear children, unable to cover up that bald spot on your head, like every 80's androgynous rocker that thought they were gorgeous in their youth. Srsly man, enjoy your balls, whatever or whoever they make you attracted to. Dress how you want to dress, love who you want to love. Just don't mistake your natural introversion for "I must change," this is a separate issue that has nothing to do with your sexuality.
>>
>>35385755
>attempt to change your voice with estrogen supps
Proved you have no fucking clue what you're talking about right there, matey.

Do your homework before having opinions on big boy matters.
>>
>>35385795
>big boy matters
Do ho ho. I think OP has transitioned beyond these
>>
>>35383688
>Encouraging self harm
>>
>>35385403
I see a lanky dude with an Adams apple and a pony tail

That is gross
>>
>>35385321
Why not just be who you are and not try to justify it by way of mental illness? You are a man, your body is just as much a part of you as your brain. Do with that information what you will, but spending your life trying to conform to something that you most definitely are not is at best a massive self delusion that will come around to shatter all the lies you tell yourself. Most likely it is insane self destruction that is destined to make you more miserable than you think you are now. And the whole time you will blame your misery on society for not being "accepting" enough.
>>
>>35381153
There is a containment board for this shit
>>
File: 1449572224204.jpg (6KB, 261x264px) Image search: [Google]
1449572224204.jpg
6KB, 261x264px
When you post on /fit/ for questions, you should leave your /mtfg/ memes and rambling at the door.
Also, /QTDDTOT/ (questions that don't deserve their own thread) for what you just asked and any further questions.
Read the sticky.
>>
>>35381153
If you're fat and don't pass, no one cares.
If your fat and do pass, no one cares.
Learn to lift, lose some weight, and improve your life.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.