[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I become /fit/ if I"m an alcoholic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: alcohol.jpg (1MB, 1750x1042px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol.jpg
1MB, 1750x1042px
How can I become /fit/ if I"m an alcoholic?
>>
Work out harder, drink tons of water before bed, minimize hangovers, and don't skip a meal or the gym for booze.
>>
File: post.jpg (32KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
32KB, 395x500px
Stop drinking beer, ever. I hear people say vodka is good, personally I drink rum and diet coke. Don't go out to bars, drink at home because at the bar you're likely going to eat the terrible food.

You're probably better off if you stop it altogether, because it will kill your motivation and lead to some stupid setbacks. Coming from personal experience here, because I know it's not your goal to quit and I've had to work around this for myself as well.
>>
>>35375247
This. If you're too weak to address the problem then you can at least minimize and work around it.

How many drinks do you have a day? Use American standard drinks if you're unsure on what measurements.
>>
>>35375228

You don't.
>>
File: 1427047563505.jpg (16KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
1427047563505.jpg
16KB, 236x305px
>>35375272
>implying alcoholism is a matter of being "strong" enough to control one's drinking

you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>35375228
Stop drinking, easy
>>
>>35375272
12 give or take
>>
>>35375228
same problem here. Wouldn't say alcoholic but definitely binge drink Thursday-Sunday (meaning 6+ beers) Can see belly fat increasing but no weight gain anywhere else.
>>
>>35375294
Not him but what is it then?Tonnes of people drink alcohol but manage to limit themselves.
>>
>>35375271
Honestly, beer is better for alcoholics.
Mixed drinks, wine, and spirits get absorbed into the blood stream all at once, while beer gets absorbed over time. That's why professionals recommend using beer to taper off alcohol dependence. Drinking one beer will stave off withdrawals as long as 3 shots will
>>
>>35375271
>>35375312
Plus, a light beer has just as many calories as a shot of 80 proof liquor, so a beer satisfies the urges for a longer period of time while keeping you /fit/
>>
>>35375305
It's a physical allergy, to put it simply. Most people can eat nuts without repercussion but some people die when they ingest them.
>>
>>35375228
Smoke weed instead.
>>
If you're really an alcoholic, do not seek advice on this board. Actually, just don't seek advice on this board period. No one here is sufficiently educated to give useful information, least of all concerning alcoholism.
>>
>>35375304
This is hell
>>
>>35375305

The crushing realization that you'll never reach any of the high-standards you set for yourself as a kid combined with a will to die but a will not strong enough to make you kill yourself.
>>
>>35375564
Nail on head, mate, but I think alcoholism is more a symptom of the root problem of being unable to connect with anyone on a social level. That being said, I just want to get /fit/
>>
File: 1448615099293_0.jpg (54KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1448615099293_0.jpg
54KB, 361x361px
>>35375564
Sounds like me.
>>
>>35375614

I don't disagree.
>>
>>35375228
Damage mitigation and diet/exercise discipline. Much harder when you're getting ~1200 extra calories that get processed like simple carbs daily, and your progress will be slow, but it is possible.
>>
>>35375228
>How can I become /fit/ if I"m an alcoholic?
You can't. /thread
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.