[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you not taking l-theanine with your coffee/caffeine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: ScAvc.jpg (83KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
ScAvc.jpg
83KB, 800x534px
Why are you not taking l-theanine with your coffee/caffeine, /fit/?

>turning down that clearness of mind and mood stability
>>
>>35367757

Elaborate pls.
>>
>>35367757
>Mood stability

Are you a salty cunt if you don't take l-theanine?
>>
>>35367757
I started taking it like that a few weeks ago, and it's fucking awesome!
>>
>>35367757
Does drinking coffee and tea every day have the same effect, or do you need pills?
>>
You build up a tolerance quick, heed my words.

Best thing to do is begin meditating after you take this stuff, and then when you cycle off keep up the meditation. You wont even know you stopped it.
>>
File: tumblr_ny5fhlSmVO1t6ii1zo3_1280.jpg (357KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny5fhlSmVO1t6ii1zo3_1280.jpg
357KB, 1080x1920px
I've taken l-theanine daily for almost 1.5 years, so i'll give you a rundown on the effects I notice:

Firstly, it synergizes extremely well with caffeine. Usually caffeine would make you anxious, sweaty, and jittery. The l-theanine reduces all of these symptoms, as well as keeping the mental benefits intact (concentration, ect).

L-theanine is also an amazing mood stabilizer. You feel more calm; in control. I would say it's a less potent phenibut, so you're feeling nice and confident while on it.

It's dirt fucking cheap, too, why wouldn't you buy some and take it with an EC stack/morning coffee/tea?
>>
>>35367790
Where can i get it?
>>
>>35367767
Caffeine by itself will make me one
>>
>>35367804
Amazon, or even some grocery stores
>>
>>35367807
Weird, coffee always puts me in a good and positive mood.
>>
>>35367804
http://www.powdercity.com/products/l-theanine-benefits-side-effects
>>
>>35367790
Sounds like something that could help me calm down during oral exams
>>
people who think it's good, which brand did you get?

coz if anything, I get the opposite effect from Jarrows, it gives me brain fog.
>>
>>35367757
>buy l-theanine because of shills on /fit/ claiming it helped their anxiety
>end up wasting yet another 30 on shitty placebo nootropic that does absolutely nothing besides make me tired
>>
>>35367757
took that shit for a month
all it did was help me sleep
>>
>>35367829
>>35367836

You only need to take 200mg. If you take it in the morning, with coffee, you WILL notice it.

That being said, everyone is different. The majority of people I've used it with have absolutely noticed a difference. YMMV.

Don't 'feel' it? Take 400mg. Don't get too fucking crazy with dosing, though.
>>
>>35367757
>>turning down that clearness of mind and mood stability

I get it now, insane, unstable motherfuckers who can't handle coffee love this stuff.

But for normalfags it's useless.
>>
>>35367914
You are pretty useless.

Literally everyone feels something from it, you're just a cock loving nigger
>>
It's in green tea. Why not just drink that?
>>
>>35367849
i was taking 600-800mg a day
i felt the calming shit didn't get mad much even when I was blasting some black metal
but after awhile It just made me sleepy. maybe its me but all of the nootropics i've tried barely do shit for me besides that one time aniracetam had me feeling like einstein then next time i took it nothing :(
>>
>>35367930
More like a nigger cock lover amirite?
>>
>>35367930
>believes that Literally everyone needs drugs to be able to function
confirmed insane fag
>>
>>35367790
>Usually caffeine would make you anxious, sweaty, and jittery

and you know how many fucking people have ever experienced these kinds of extreme side effects from fucking coffee?? very few.

you are all batshit crazy motherfukers.
>>
>>35368017
>very few.
Everyone I know, except one guy, get these reactions if they drink more than one cup (some get them from one cup alone).
Let me guess, you don't drink coffee, do you anon.
>>
>>35368057
>Everyone I know
but you have real no friends, online autist community

you suffer from anxiety, remember?

stop shilling for thanine manufacturers.
>>
>>35368062
Eh no.
You should calm yourself, anon. Take it easy on the energy drinks, ye.
>>
L-theanine does nothing for me
>>
I've tried aniracetam, choline, noopept, st john's wort and other shit, and the only thing that has a noticeable effect on me is theanine taken with my large dose of coffee. Sharper mind, less socially inept and better at carrying a conversation, more in positive mood, better and quicker at problem solving at work. Everything else, except for st john's, which helps with mood and stress as well, will either have no effect pr just give me brain fog and anxiety.
>>
Used to believe nootropics actually worked until I started taking 20mg of Adderall XR. The difference is like using test boosters vs. pinning exogenous Testosterone.
>>
anyone else just take powdered caffeine on their own?
>>
>>35368908
>powdered caffeine
It's very easy to overdose because 100mg is very little.

So don't be retarded, get it in pill form.
>>
anyone ever take this to help stay mellow on an ECA stack or combining with yohimbine?
>>
I'm pretty pumped for my modafinil now that y'all mention it.
>>
>>35368565
Yeah, amphetimines tend to be quite effective in being noticeable. Just wait until you continue to up your dose.. just wait until you don't want to do anything on it. Have fun!
>>
>>35367829
Take l-theanine with a 2:1 ratio with caffeine. You'll thank me.
>>
>>35369791
when it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

for many people it just doesn't work, m80.
>>
because i take other anxiolytics
>>
anyone know why the fuck coffe make me sleepy ?
I drink 4 to 6 coffecups daily (made with a moka)
>>
>>35371222
This will sound like shitposting, but ADHD bro. My ex-gf had the same, and it's very typical for ADHD-people to react like this (according to her shrink)
>>
>>35371252
ssshhhheeeeeettt
>>
>>35367757
How much do you take with each cup? Like a teaspoonful or...?
>>
>>35370443
I mean, I doubt l-theanine has any effect on its own. I'd never take it to reduce anxiety because I'm sure it's basically ineffective.

But do you notice any difference between coffee and green tea? That's the l-theanine.

L-theanine synergizes with caffeine, reducing the anxiety you feel while under the effect of caffeine, make you less jittery, more focused, etc. I recommend going big and taking 200:400mg of caffeine:l-theanine. It's the closest you can legally get to aderrall in my experience.
>>
>>35367949
Green tea has a 1:2 l-theanine:caffeine ratio. You need to double the amount of l-theanine when you drink green tea to get the optimal balance.
>>
>>35371222
Probably you're having a massive sugar crash.
>>
Don't forget to put butter in your tea...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.