[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/ decided to start lifting 6 months ago. Decided to max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x581px
So /fit/ decided to start lifting 6 months ago. Decided to max out every 6 weeks, how is my progression?
Week 0:
>Bench 180
>Squat 210
>Clean 170
>Incline 140
Week 6:
>Bench 195
>Squat 225
>Clean 190
>Incline 170
Week 12:
>Bench 235
>Squat 245
>Clean 200
>Incline 205
Week 18
>Bench 265
>Squat 275
>Clean 215
>Incline 225
Week 24 (yesterday)
>Bench 270
>Squat 290
>Clean 220
>Incline 250
I've been doing the 5x5 workout Mon-Wed-Fri plus other lifts tue-thu. I went from weighing 159-165lbs. Are these good improvements cause I feel like I'm reaching a plateau already? And I also feel that my squat should be higher. My two friends have been doing the same workout with me and their squat increased the most (one went from 70lbs squat to 385;he does weigh 260 though) and other friend increased power clean a lot (135-255) but only increased bench a little (165-215). Are some people just better at certain lifts?
>>
>>35315892
The rate of how fast each muscle works is more or less generics. Some people can't build their arms for shit but get mega back gains, etc.

Also if you can properly bench like 300lb after half a year then smd senpai I had to start my bench at 60lb.
>>
>>35315892
no way that bench progress is real. there are only three ways it might be
1/8 rom
roids
or you had a very good base from years of sports or something like gymnastics or something.
>>
>>35315987
Always been really good at push ups and pull ups growing up, so had some muscle from that. My chest just seems to build really fast, think I'm at a plateau though (notice the 5lb increase in 6 weeks)
>>
After 6 months of training I could bench 250x5 and OHP 200x1 but could only pull 335x5 and squat 270x5.
>>
You started with pretty decent lifts. What did you do before lifting?
>>
>>35315892
Why include incline but not The Press or diddles?
>>
>>35316002
fuck i read that as 6 weeks instead of months. it still is extremely impressive though and do you do full rom? touch the chest and all the way back up? are you training chest on every lift day and how many days in the week are you lifting? and linear increase in lifts generally slows down. you will need to switch to an intermediate program that allows more rest time for recovery and incorporates volume and heavy days to maxmize growth
>>
>>35316030
Pretty much push ups, dips, just body weight exercises. Swam a lot too. Could do over 100 push ups in 2 min(was in the navy for 4 years so had to stay in shape) decided to try lifting out for once with my friends when I got back home
>>35316078
Yeah I do go all the way down and touch my chest, but don't really pause, just touch and push up. My last max out went up a little slanted but locked out in time. I do bench mon, wed, and fri. I do dips and triceps work out tue and thu.
>>35316071
Idk, just doing what my friends are doing and stuck with that. They said incline is dafter for shoulders than OHP, and power clean is good for explosive strength.
>>
>>35316127
swimming builds shoulders which helps with bench a lot. you already have an advanced bench for your bw. Progress will slow down significantly now. Focus on your squat for now
>>
I guess that's what it is. My two friends like I said had different gains. One guy (weighing 260) went from 135-260 bench, 70-385 squat, 155-205 clean, 100-200 incline, other friend (wieghing 208) did bench 165-215, squat 225-340, clean 135-255, and incline 135-185
>>
>>35316127
>navy push ups
undeniable evidence of half repping
>>
>>35317496
Must be a marine. Hoo yah, we'd da best branch, hoo yah everyone else is pointless, hoo yah des sir sergant I'll run at the guy with that bomb cause go marines hoo yah
>>
>>35317496
It annoys me just because Marines has the most difficult basic training they feel like the biggest bad asses. I'm here in pcola and we get a lot of marines getting the same aviation tech training as navy and they get their asses kicked all the time out in town for acting stupid
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.