[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 23

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
i think i have golfer's elbow, and it seems to flare up from bench press.. i feel like my grip/general form is alright, is it possible that i'm doing something to put the load on my elbows?
>>
File: hemali.jpg (60KB, 459x489px) Image search: [Google]
hemali.jpg
60KB, 459x489px
>wake up
>eat breakfast
>oats and eggs
>2-3 hours later
>energy levels crash and get all sleepy
>be sleepy rest of the day
>coffee doesnt help at all
>>
How long does it take for the water retention from creatine to go away? Stopped taking it.
>>
Why are pushups so much easier than benchpressing the same weight (which is of course a fraction of your own bodyweight, say 50 kg)? They seem to be the same movement to me.
>>
>>35315335
Because it's not the same thing, most of the body weight is distributed to your legs.
>>
>>35315353
>most of the body weight is distributed to your legs.
No? Most of your body weight is in your upper half, that is why the human's centre of mass is located at about 0.56 of your height measured from your feet. In a push up position your arms are held higher as well, so it might be way higher, like 0.6 or 0.65. So considering leverage, you effectively push up 60-65% of your body weight. I tried it on a scale, and indeed it shows me about 50 kg at a body weight of 75 kg, which is about 66%.

So again, what is the difference between doing a push up and a 50 kg benchpress?
>>
>>35315539
You're only factoring in part of it skele.

At the top of a push-up the shape your body takes is a slant where your chest is above your legs, distributing a good deal of weight into your lower area supported by your toes and feet.

The amount of weight on your biceps at the bottom of a push-up (max of the exercise) gets lighter the further from the ground you are.

Conversely a bench press never changes in weight. You also have the weight of your arms (part of body weight you're counting for your push-up) that you never count in bench press.

tldr: technically you're moving more weight in the bench press, and push-ups aren't the same weight throughout
>>
>>35315594
Have you ever took any physics class in your life, ever? Just don't respond if you don't know, Jesus.
>>
>>35315327
Sleep more at night.
>>
>>35315332
No long. If you don't lose much then you won't lose much.
>>
>>35315613
You've never been to the gym, have you?
>>
>>35315634
>implying gym exercises defy the laws of physics
>>
>>35315639
Do you do push-ups with elevated legs? If not, then most of the weight is distributed to your legs. Simple. Go do push-ups, you'll understand.
>>
>>35315613
You're mad because the answer I gave you was dumbed down for someone that clearly doesn't understand the difference between two clearly different things.

The slant at the top of a push-up moves that center of mass (it's not called center of gravity) of an object shifts when the mass of an object is shifted (slant at the top of a push-up vs bottom).

The line of force in both the push-up and the bench press are directly down. But because of how center of mass changes in a push-up and while center of mass of the barbell does not change, the force needed is different.

The bottom of a push-up is the hardest part of a push-up because it is that comparable weight you were talking about.

I've taken my physics, why don't you take yours. The weight you exert on your scale will change depending on what position you're in. go suck a dick and try it.

Maybe next time don't ask a question proving you have no concept of physics before trying to call someone out for giving you the proper answer.
>>
Hey /fit/, for some reason i said i wanted a blender for christmas. What are some /fit/-approved meals i can make with that.
>>
>>35315756
You can put anything in a blender m8, even steaks.
>>
>>35315658
>If not, then most of the weight is distributed to your legs.
No, evidently not.

>>35315664
>The weight you exert on your scale will change depending on what position you're in.
Obviously, but not much. I tried, the difference is 5 kg between uppermost position and lowest position.

Still not a real explanation for the significant difference between the two.
>>
File: pBZKfPR.jpg (1MB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
pBZKfPR.jpg
1MB, 1700x2200px
How in the world is keto good for you? The diet is so unbalanced, restrictive and downright gross.
>>
>>35316084
>How in the world is keto good for you?
It's not
>>
Ok guys I need your help.

Tonight I'm going over to this girls house to chill. She's been mirin' for a long time and I finally managed to not sperg. I know her friends, and they're all like she thinks your hot. I'm almost sure wants the dick to a certain extent tonight.

Now I'm a social autist that just recently got gains. Also kissless virgin, been reading articles on how to have sex and make out.

Can you guys answer some questions:
>I get inhumane amounts of precum (not premature ejaculate). Is she ganna freak out?
>What condoms do I get? I'm like at most 6 x 4.5.

Ganna be all confident and shiett. Thanks
>>
Been bulking without any issue for 7 months but lately my appetite is way down. What's going on? I'm still improving my lifts but I'm struggling to eat what I ate a few weeks ago. Is it possible I was overbulking? Is my body telling me to cool down?
>>
>>35316053
5kg (11lbs)
In addition to having to lift the weight of your arms for the bench and not counting it.

You count all weight for the push-up, you count just the barbell and plates for bench, yet you're lifting the weight of your arms repeatedly.

There is your difference. EMG testing shows they recruit the same muscles with the same intensity for the most part.

Take your 5rm bench, drop it 15 lbs to account for that 11lb difference +arm weight, see how many more reps you can do.

There is also the possibility that you're don't have great form benching. Doing something your muscles and body is familiar with is going to take less thought than something they aren't to do well.

Tada

>>35316386
Need way more data before we can tell you why. Kcals vs tdee to start with
>>
>>35316614
Just went and used a calculator, here's my stats:

BMR 1668cal
TDEE 2261cals

I don't have the best food scale but I'd say I'm bulking on 3k calories a day. I'm a total skelly even 7 months in so I try to eat as much as I can. I've seen most people recommend bulking on a 500 calorie surplus so maybe I could cut 300 calories a day?
>>
>>35316386
most likely you're getting tired of the same foods, it happens to me after months of eating oven baked chicken and such, you just need to switch it up.

for example this happened to me yesterday, I couldn't even finish half a pound of chicken (used to eating 3/4 - 1lb per meal) because I was so tired of the taste. In my mind I wanted to eat it, but when the food was in my mouth it would take forever to chew and I had to force it down. after this meal I threw up a little bit from this.

something to try could be shredding your chicken. switching between chicken cycles (lol), shredded and just breasts seems to work best for me.
>>
>>35316680
Could be it, I'm a legit autist so I have a shit tendency to do the same thing every day. I've been eating the same thing for 7 months in a row literally. I should look into new recipes
>>
File: Photo on 12-20-15 at 1.20 AM.jpg (167KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 12-20-15 at 1.20 AM.jpg
167KB, 1080x720px
Should I cut or bulk? I think i have 13-15% body fat Since I can't see my abs
>>
>>35315756
skim milk/almond milk, whey, banana, peanut butter
>>
>>35316709
Eat like 3000 calories a day
Yolo senpai
>>
>>35316916
I've been eating around 2000. I forgot to say, I'm 5'10 and 140 lbs
>>
When did you buy your lifting shoes (if you ever did)?
I'm gonna hit 2pl8 squat on Wednesday and it's getting annoying stepping back and finding my elevated stance on the 1.25kg plates.
Not sure if it's worth it though.
>>
>>35316704
i have a tendency to make the same chicken recipes over and over again because they are easy and quick.

you don't have to switch it up every day but just every once and while does the trick for me.
>>
>>35316665
Nice almost-quads.

+500 is definitely enough, but if you can do more that's even better (3000 is still okay, anyways ).

Just make sure it fits with your everyday life and you/your body doesn't suffer from it.
>>
>>35317047
Yeah I'm gonna have to look for substitute to my diet so I can have more variety. Stuff like meat is pretty easy, like switching from chicken to beef/horse but it's the carbs I'm more worried. I eat oats, potatoes and pastas everyday. I don't know if I should switch the whole meal or try different recipes. Gonna be trickier to meet my calorie goal if I don't eat those everyday
>>
>>35316938
>im 140 lbs
>guise shud i bulk xD
>>
Sup guys, I need a routine. Finishing up with SS, lifts are:

Squat 125
Dead 160
Bench 85
OHP 57.5

All for 5, (kgs obviously), I'm 188cm/6'2 and 80kg (176lbs)

I need a 3x week routine, preferably some slight upper body focus as I play hockey 4x week which works out legs alot and squatting/DLing heavy 3x weekly then playing hockey and cycling to uni is really too much for me to recover from.

Goals are to lift heavier (5pl8 by end of 2016 DL hopefully) and generally look better. Also a focus on injury prevention

Due to only having 3 days a week I was thinking of a fullbody routine.

A:
Back squat/Front squat
OHP
Row
Pull ups
Abs
Lat raises

B:
Power clean/Deadlifts
Bench
Dip
Curl
Facepull
Abs

Compounds for 3x5 (Deads 1x5, PC 5x3), accesories for 3x8 or more

Progression wise I'm not sure how it'd work, maybe just aim for 3x5 each session and move up once I've hit it?

I'm just struggling because I can't have good recovery days as I'm playing hockey for 2 hours at least on them, combined with at least an hours cycling each day- I'm not sure a powerlifting intermediate routine would suit me/that I'd be able to recover.

Anyone got any ideas/been in the same situation?
>>
File: 2342352662346st.jpg (309KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
2342352662346st.jpg
309KB, 1000x667px
There is a really good strength gym in my city that offers powerlifting and olympic weightlifting programs. $99/month for 3 days a week of being coached in either or both of the above programs. Really good.

I want to join but I have a herniated disc and really pooir mobility and flexibility. My hamstrings are incredibly tight and my buttwink has led to reinjury of the disc. Should I join now and have them help me, or should I wait to join?
>>
>>35317257
I should clear up that my disc is ok now, I've injured it twice in the last year though
>>
I have a two week vacation
should I pause lifting and just cut hard?? I have like 15lbs to droparoo
>>
>>35317041

I got some at around 2.5pl8, been stuck there for a while and stretching and shit just wasn't working, I'm 6'2 with long femurs as well so I need every bit of help I can get.

I would recommend some around now, when you start getting heavy it's not safe to be standing on plates, and shoes add a lot of stability as well, I found I could really increase my depth and form with them compared to barefoot.

See if you can pick some up in a sale after xmas maybe? You could probably get some good mid range ones for £50-£80, and they'll last for years...
>>
>>35316084
Keto is shit. It's incredibly hard on your kidneys. Please don't listen to keto fags. Your body needs carbs.
>>
>>35317286
Okay thanks, I'll get some soon.
>>
174 cm 65kg was 54kg 6 months ago
Can't see abs should I keep on bulking or cut?
>>
>>35316709
Seriously? You have the body of a Holocaust Jew.
>>
How do I break through a press plateau? Been stuck just below 1pl8 for a while now...

>inb4 le epic press maymay
>>
>>35317382
Yeah I know, but I have like 14% bf since my abs aren't clear, that's why im asking
>>
I got a loud crunching sound in my elbow during deadlift, and now my lower arm is kinda numb and the elbow has shooting pains. There is no swelling and no discoloration. Should I wait it out and skip arm routines or should I just work through it? Don't want long term damage.
>>
>>35317607
Work through it! It's probably nothing! If it gets worse, just ask /fit/ again!
>>
>do standing hip extensions, soreness/uncomfortable feeling in lower back while doing it
>do bent over rows, jolt down forearm that's holding onto the bench
>do OHP, same soreness in lower back as standing hip extensions
>do squats, pain/soreness in right leg only.

I've been told my form is good, surely that's wrong if everything makes a part of me uncomfortable?
>>
Which SS routine is better? Original or practice programming?
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 750x1334px
what kind of accessory work can I add each day into this PPL routine?

I'd also like to add 30 minutes of rowing and some type of ab workout but the only ab workouts I actually feel myself working on are Russian twists with a plate and planks.
>>
>>35317619
I detect sarcasm.
>>
What Is a good program for someone who can run a 5K without stopping in less than 24 minutes, and wants to run faster? Currently I run 5km three times a week. I plan on losing 5+ kilos in the near future by eating a better diet, so that'll definitely make me faster, but how could I optimize my running schedule to gain speed without substantially increasing the time I run?
>>
>>35317754
>without substantially increasing the time I run
without substantially increasing the time I spend running per week.*
>>
>>35317462
For me, taking a couple weeks off flat bench and incorporating Incline DB press helped a lot and also try pec flyes, shit is so cash. I went from pressing 155 3 times to being able to do 185 3x5 in 1.5 months
>>
>>35317738
>Routine comprised of accessories
>What accessories should I add?
Fuck's sake lad
>>
>>35317738
ppl literally has accessories built in
>>
File: 1434908476800.jpg (160KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1434908476800.jpg
160KB, 1000x1000px
What do you guys think about my routine? ABCxABC

Workout A:
Benchpress 3x5
Chest dips 3x8
Pec dec machine 3x15
Cable flies 3x15
db curls 3x12
preacher curls 3x15
21's 3x21

Workout B:
OHP 3x8
Lateral raise 3x15
Facepulls 3x15
Lying triceps extensions 3x15
Skullcrushers 3x12

Workout C:
Chin ups: 3x12
Lat pulldowns 3x15
Squats 3x8
Leg press 3x12
Calf raises 3x15
Some ab exercises

So far I like it, but I feel it's too little volume. Any advice?
>>
>>35317777
don't hurt me uncle anon, what other accessories will make want to hate myself the next day in terms of being sore. the routine is great but I feel like I need to be doing more
>>
>>35316354
>>I get inhumane amounts of precum (not premature ejaculate). Is she ganna freak out?
Probably not.

>>What condoms do I get? I'm like at most 6 x 4.5.
Trojan ultra thins. They fight a little snugger for your babby dick.
>>
>>35317776

I actually meant OHP m80 but thanks anyway
>>
my dad got me a weightlifting belt for christmas (celebrating early bc vacation)
thing is i barely squat 165 lbs
how much of a faggot will i look like if i actually use this thing?
>>
>>35317853
Standing Arnold Press and DB Press for dat plateau
>>
>>35317871

Light or heavy/low or high reps?
>>
>>35317607
Anyone?
>>
Can anyone recommend a good fish oil capsule brand in the UK? The sticky says to aim for 720mg of EPA and 480mg of DHA a day.

The kirkland ones they mention are only 300mg of each, so not even the right ratio?

Can anyone recommend a brand that has that ratio at least?
>>
I'm trying to lose 30 more pounds after losing 40. I was on some crappy diet thing with shakes and bars but I've run out of both and don't feel like doing it again.
What's a good meal plan for weight loss? I'm lifting and doing rows so I'd like to build muscle.
Doing the 5 small meals a day thing. Eating fruits as snack. I just need more rigid idea of what I should be eating
>>
>>35318085

I found some shitty ones that are pretty cheap, they're only 180 / 120mg each, but I could just take 4 a day I guess? I'd really rather only have to take 1/2 though.
>>
>>35318034
for Arnold I'd do low weight high reps and the opposite for DB press
>>
File: qxPfjUU.jpg (44KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
qxPfjUU.jpg
44KB, 500x373px
If a diet says to eat "1 cup rice", is this one cup cooked rice or 1 cup before cooking?

I ask because 1 cup cooked rice = 2.5 cups when cooked.
>>
>>35318238
It'd be great if america didn't use fucking retarded units of measure wouldn't it?
>>
Does Starting Strength help your body look more aesthetic or is becoming fat inevitable?
>>
>>35318238
It depends, and that's a good reason to make your own diet.
The usual portion size for rice is 80g uncooked, but that doesn't mean much, your diet might be telling you to eat a fuckton of rice.
>>
Anyone have any experience with Bulk Powders (UK) Fish oil? Looking at their super strength omega 3 capsules. 330mg EPA & 220mg DHA per softgel, 270 for £18
>>
>>35318326
SS is for hungry skeletons who can barely bench the bar. It does not make any aesthetic - it makes skellies normal and normies fat looking.
>>
>>35318326
dont listen to >>35318393
it can make you more aesthetic if you're careful about your diet (GOMAD is only for extreme skellies) and add a few accessories - the sticky recommends some good ones
also, read the fucking book
>>
>>35318249
It really would.

I'm using "1 cup" to equal "1 scoop from the pot with a mug".
>>
>>3531832
SS + GOMAD is what Arnold always did.
>>
>>35318326
It's in the description: Starting STRENGTH. It's what you do when you have never lifted weights in your life or you've spent a long time away from the gym. It builds muscle in the most important parts of your body.

However, SS is also recommended to be done with a bulking diet or maintenance diet. Otherwise gainz will be slow.
>>
Here's mine:

All the people who complain about back problems and knee problems while lifting are people who lift heavier than they should and don't use proper form, one way or another.

Am I correct?
>>
I'm currently on break for two weeks. Is that enough time for me to start losing my gains? Will calisthenics prevent this or is it not worth the effort?
>>
>>35318612

I read that it's about 2 weeks before you start losing gains, but that's if you do NOTHING. If you do some maintenance shit you'll be fine. Besides, it won't be hard to get it back quickly.

Some people trained for ten years, then stopped for ten years again, and got it all back in 3 months or so. So you will be fine, don't worry your musclehead, chad.
>>
The sticky says: "Keep in mind that men will want a multivitamin without iron, while women will want one with iron"

Whats the reason for this? I'm male and I got some multivitamins with iron because I thought I might be anaemic, why wouldn't males want iron?
>>
>>35318574
No
>>
>>35318742

How do you fuck up your back if you lift something that's not too heavy, then? Provided your form is good.
>>
>>35318720
Pretty sure it's because we naturally have more iron. A lot of women are slightly anaemic.
>>
So im 6'1 200
Squat 415
DL 500
Bench 270
Ohp 160
Been doing TM for a couple of months and looking to make massive shoulder gains. How should i go about this?
>>
>>35318720
Too much iron is bad. Women have a tendency to have low iron count and will benefit from supplements. Men have this more rarely. Check your iron levels before taking iron supplements (even just a multivitamin)
>>
>>35318750
You can fuck up your back from other things, including odd sleeping positions. and knee problems can often come from bad form while cardio or from too much cardio.
>>
>>35318766
Well shit now I'm worried that I'm gonna be getting too much, but I just bought half a years worth of multivitamins with iron, what do?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-06-38.png (579KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-06-38.png
579KB, 1080x1920px
>>35315306
>Dick is mostly muscle
>Muscle gets bigger with exercise

Does this mean I can lift with my rooster for some sweet cuck-a-doodle gains?
>>
>>35318838
You'll probably be fine, unless you eat a lot of red meat pr week, with spinach on top. But if you have insurance I recommend getting your micro-levels checked anyway, just to make sure.
>>
File: DSC_0033.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0033.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>35318418
How extreme is my skelly-ism?
>>
>>35318886

I'm close to that, makes no difference on body gains. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>35318886
Just accept them. In the end your forearms look huge since you have tiny wrists
>>
>>35315306
Anyone knows a 4-days split for advanced lifters? I really like compound lifts and nearly all splits are lacking those like dips/dl/pull-ups
>>
File: file.png (284KB, 465x406px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
284KB, 465x406px
how do shaved bald people get the shiny dome? I look like a cancer patient
>>
>>35318886

Small wrists are always gonna look small, but seriously people don't notice. I'm pretty skelly, but when I went to the gym with a really big friend he pointed out that his wrists are actually even skinnier than mine, and I never even noticed.
>>
>>35319072

This. Doesn't fucking matter. I'm turning into a fucking beast, my wrists remain the same, no fucks given.
>>
I have some Lonsdale trainers I bought a few years back, will they do for Couch to 5K?
>>
>>35319087
How can I ever wear wrist watches?
>>
should i feel like im grinding every rep when progressing with SS? it makes it very difficult mentally
>>
>>35319152

I don't think so. Deload immediately. You should be in total control all the time and progress gradually. It should be enjoyable, something you can do for the long run.

You'll progress more safely, more surely, and you'll have more fun.
>>
>>35315306
Use a brace.
>>
Are there really people (usually they are said to be from India for some reason) who work out in a gym in jeans? Or is it some sort of /fit/ meme? I'm not from an English-speaking country (Central Europe) and nobody would even think of entering the gym (the actual exercise area that is) in jeans.
>>
>>35319355

*here
>>
Why shouldn't I use the pussypad when squatting?
>>
>>35319402

For heavy weights, it can move and that's dangerous, which is why no major lifter uses them.

So I was told.
>>
>>35319431
I like it because I have uneven shoulders but that's a very good point
>>
>>35319446

How come you have uneven shoulders?
>>
>>35319463
Childhood stupidity. I carried a lot of weight on one of them and it just lowered. One arm is like a good 2-3 inches than the other. Should try and get it fixed someday
>>
>>35319491

Damn, son. Maybe there's a way to fix that. Are you using dumbbells? It may be a way to fix it or ensure that both arms get strong.

Not completely sure that uneven shoulders will be a problem for BB though. As long as the weight is on your shoulders and you use your core to carry it, you should be fine.

If you don't feel like the pussypad is making you lose control, it should be fine. I'm not sure how heavy it needs to be for the pad to become a potential risk.
>>
My right knee wants to wobble inwards on squats and it takes a lot of focus to make it not buckle. Best way to fix?
>>
>>35319812

Knee straps?

Lift less heavy until your legs get strong enough.
>>
Whats the optimal amount of sleep for Gains and also the minimum
>>
>>35319818
I'm not even to 1 plate yet, but oh well.
>>
>>35319856
2-3 REM cycles
>>
>>35319867

Doesn't matter. Stay at the same weight for some time, see if you get more secure on your knees. Don't go too fast.
>>
so with the gim closing for 3 days during christmas i have 2 workout i can do before it does close. should i condense my 4days workout into 2 or will it be too much?
>>
>>35319898
How the fuck do i achieve this
>>
>>35319940
Go to sleep when you're tired, try to get around 6 hours. If you wake up naturally you've done well. REM is more-or-less a natural tranquilizer.
>>
>>35319940

You sleep around 8 hours. Nothing special.
>>
>>35319973
I feel more comfortable getting around 9-10 hours of sleep a night, is there anything bad with that? Still young only 20 if this could affect it
>>
>>35319995
Only if you're waking up at noon. Too much sleep can kind of make you groggy for the rest of the day.

As I said earlier, REM is sort of like a tranquilizer otherwise known as "Deep sleep", the kind of sleep that makes you feel rested. Ever gotten tired in a car or bus, fell asleep for like 10 minutes, and then felt way more awake? That's REM.

It is a cycle, which means your brain releases these chemicals once they get down to a certain point. If you wake up when they are wearing off, then you feel less tired (given that you are rested). Wake up in the middle, and you might discover that you feel really tired and want to go back to bed.

It's all about finding that sweet spot of the end of your REM cycle.
>>
>>35320061
I sleep from 9 to around 6-7 am. Waking at noon sounds nice but it doesn't fit my lifestyle much.
>>
>>35320094
Then it honestly sounds like you're doing fine. As long as you don't feel physically tired throughout the day I don't see any issue with that.
>>
>>35318720
Get tested, if you are anemic then take the ones with iron. If you aren't, then you really shouldn't. If you eat a meat-heavy diet like most of /fit/, you shouldn't need it.

As for why women's often have iron in them, it's because women have lower iron count and lose a lot of iron in their periods, which they often don't eat enough iron-rich foods to replace. So every period cycle they end up finishing their period with lower iron than the last period, and never getting enough to make up for it. Eventually they can become anemic. Not always, but if a woman eats very little iron-rich foods (which is often the case on a calorie restricted or meat restricted diet) and has a heavy flow, she can become at an iron deficit pretty fast. Men eat more calories naturally and don't get periods so that's why it's not often necessary.
>>
File: 1440642308085.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1440642308085.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
I have a BMI of 24.4 but I look like my BMI is about 28
I'm just borderline healthy so im gonna assume some of it is skinny fat
Is their any special way to get rid of skinny fat or do I just have to ride it out?
>>
>>35320182
First thing you need to realize: BMI is a very very basic and general measurement. It's not accurate to people who lift regularly. BMI is a number, not a "look".

At the same height, a 210lb bodybuilder would have a higher BMI than a 200lb fattie.

What you want to do is find your BF%, which the only semi-accurate way to do is with calipers. If you don't want to buy any, then you just need to lose weight and ride it out.
>>
So i was 77-78 kg 2 days ago.
I ate like a pig during 2days so i reachd 82.5kg
I feel more fluffy desu i hate myself, i was 85 in sept and went to 75-77 few days ago, and now i fucked up everything.

what kind of shit could this 5kg be? i mean.. water and some other shits but 5kg? jeez

6'1 82kg atm, decided to bulkm will try to control this fucking bulk from now on.

Hold me bros
>>
>>35320182
You're fat. You should start tracking your diet and at least start doing some exercise. Try cardio 3-4 times a week for starts.
>>
can you dissolve multiple supps in the same glass of water, like vitamin d + multi
>>
>>35320264
No, they will eat eachother.

Why you taking a multivitamin anyway? Vegan? Vegetarian? If not then you probably don't need it.
>>
I posted this in the QTDDTOT last night but it died before I got any response other than go to doctor.

Went out to the lake last night with some buddies. Long story short, hiking up some mediocre hills and shit my back was hurting. It felt like with every step all the force was going right to my spine. How do I prevent this? Do I just need to get out more and be more active so my body gets used to it?
Also, I was really high at the time.
I'm starting to notice whenever my back pain flares up really bad it's when I'm really high. Maybe smoking affects my subconscious ability to have good posture?
Either way I'm done smoking.
>>
>>35317860
Wont. I ducked up my back so I used one at lighter weights. Who cares
>>
>>35317860

you will look like a huge idiot desu. im a fuckin skeleton who squats 200lbs and i would look like a joke with one of those
>>
>>35320294
Sounds like something similar that happened to me when I went to Europe.

I would get really drunk (bar hopping with friends) and I wouldn't pee for a while. At one point I needed to really bad and just decided to pull a PeeWee and urinate on a wall. While it happened, my back was in excruciating pain and I actually collapsed. Happened again when I was in germany. When I peed earlier into the drinking binge, it didn't happen.

So I don't know if I have any advice :v
>>
>>35320351
Yeah you know what, I noticed it happens to me when I hold my piss/shit for too long too.
Fuck, what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>35320347
Do you also dress up for gym? Buy shoes and beats by Dre to look cool? Who gives a fuck what you look like... I wear an elbow brace at the moment bc my elbow is flaring up. And use my weight belt for squats and keep it on for bent over rows... Who cares? My elbow is getting better and my back no longer hurts/is strained after lifting heavy.

Tldr; who cares what you look like as long as you're comfortable and making gains.
>>
What's a good mobility routine? I've read it should involve the following-

Ankles
Hamstring
Quads
Hip flexors
Thorassic spine + lats
Groin
Shoulder dislocations

Anyone got anything?
>>
After I started using creatine I've gotten dizzy a lot, and sometimes I pass out in the gym after heavy sets. Once I got some problems breathing while dizzy, like it was heavy to suck in air. This never happened before. I know creatine affects the cardiovaskular system, so is this a common/normal reaction or should I be worried.
>>
>>35320419

the fact is you dont need a belt for that weight so it just makes you look retarded with no benefit
>>
>>35315539
Pushups are like doing a .6xbw decline bench press, i.e. easy as fuck.
>>
>>35315630
No shit
>>
>>35320423
Do you use different stretches/movements for quads and hip flexors.
>>
>>35315756
Shakes.
>>
>>35320567
It means that if you initally lose only a little weight you won't lose a lot of gains. It's just a bit waterweight, the rest muscle.
>>
>>35320575
forgot ?
>>
>>35320430
How much water do you drink a day?

Does your creatine have anything else in it. Read the ingredients label.
>>
>>35317607
How long ago? I'd say definitely take a few days off to make sure no swelling happens and let the pain go away. Could just have been a harmless joint pop. Could have been something much more serious too.
>>
>>35320606
I drink enough I think. Like two liters of water/tea/coffee pr day. Usually one liter during/after workout. The ingredient list on the box says says 100% creatine monohydrate.
>>
>>35315539
Physics maybe? As in the floor will push you back up when you push down on it as opposed to the weights pushing you down when you push up on them. I might sound retarded, idk but I did get an A on my physics final.
>>
>>35318129
I don't see what would be so hard about sitting down and making a meal plan based on your own schedule and calorie limit.

Fruits are good but I hope you're not counting them as "free" choices, as they're moderately calorie dense which will throw your meal plan. E.g. one banana is 100 cals. Better to snack on green veggies like celery.
>>
>>35318574
Could be previous injury, too much weight, too much intensity, too fast progression, not enough warm-up, shitty form, shitty genetics, or sometimes just dumb luck.
>>
>>35318720
Because women menstruate.

If your iron is generally low by all means go for it. I guess the recommendation is there because an excess of iron contributes to constipation.
>>
>>35318763
This is anecdotal, but my shoulders didn't grow for shit until I added side lateral raises to my routine.
>>
>>35320626
Happened three days ago, and I've gone to the gym altough the pain is pretty bad when I lift. There's no swelling but it feels pretty tight and my arm shake when I use it. I'm thinking since there's no swelling that it's not so serious but maybe I shouldn't lift with it. Idn.
>>
>>35318841
>dick is mostly muscle

False
>>
I'm 5'7 140lb I workout 4 times a week and take 30-45 minute walks everyday. I'm trying to bulk at 2500 calories, is this enough?
>>
>>35320294
>>35320369
Does anyone have any input into this?
I'm genuinely becoming concerned that it might be something more serious than a simple chronic muscle injury.
Neither my doctor nor my physical therapist seemed to think it was too serious, regardless of what I told them.
>>
>>35320294
>>35320847
>Do I just need to get out more and be more active so my body gets used to it?
Probably. Also you should get better shoes, maybe.
>>
>>35320878
Hmm I hadn't thought of shoes. I've worn flat soled vans for my whole life, even on the hike. Fuck I'm a retard.
There's probably more than just one thing going on here, this calls for a lifestyle change.
>>
Can anyone here talk me out of trying creatine? 8 months training and I think I'm gonna give it a try
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8FCU

Kirkland multivitamin, $0.03/serving

Seems about as decent as other brands. Only found one oxide, zinc, which I already supplement separately anyways.

Anyone know a better deal?
>>
>>35320937
Drink a lot of water, that's it.
>>
>>35320978
Sounds good. I already drink around 5 litres of water a day so I should be fine
>>
Best flavor or my protein impact whey????

Also can I mix the my protein instant oats , with milk and whey?

Was thinking unflavoured cos it's cheapest but with the oats I mean I'm gonna eat them every day so I may aswell get a good glacier to go with them
>>
Is white bread that bad? I mean, if I still hit my macros and my calories, would have a negative impact on me? I'm cutting.
>>
>>35320996

I get unflavoured whey because I mix it with flavoured gainer, but the unflavoured stuff just mixed with milk tastes of barely anything, just sort of slightly creamier. If you're mixing with water apparently strawberry is alight.
>>
Lads i'm 6'3'' 265 lbs my goal is about 200 pounds.

I already lost about 22 pounds dieting and exercising, but i gotta ask.

Will doing cardio speed up my fat loss or is lifting weights and diet enough?

Cause i fucking hate doing cardio, it's boring. Also i read that if you do cardio you can lose muscle mass but if you're lifting you only lose fat. And you don't want to lose muscle cause muscle burns calories
>>
>>35321250

Increasing your calorie deficit will speed up fat loss. Doing cardio and burning calories will do that, so will eating less.
>>
>>35321294
but what about starvation mode? or if the deficit is too high won't you lose too much muscle?
>>
I have a female PT. how do i not look at her breasts when she spots me. Help me brahs, i got another session in an hour.
>>
>>35321318

I'm not sure about the science behind that, but I'm not saying starve yourself, just drop 1-200 more calories. But yes, it would be faster to exercise and better than just eating less as it will increase your general fitness too. If you can, yeah do cardio and burn a few hundred calories a few times a week.
>>
>>35321350

Point your eyes somewhere that aren't her breasts.
>>
>>35321350
enjoy it m8
>>
How do I make friends at the gym? What time is the least autist to conversation?
>>
>>35321363
like where?
>>
>>35321542
like her ass
>>
>>35321570
thanks brah.
>>
>>35321318
>>35321250
You'll lose muscle mass either way. With adequate protein and heavy resistance training, you can minimize it, but there's no scenario where you will lose only fat while natty. Cardio will speed up your fat loss but not as much as you would think, it's mostly about diet. I highly recommend cardio for the other health benefits, as controversial as that may be on /fit/.

Starvation mode isn't real. Your body will not start creating calories out of nowhere and storing them as fat just because you're cutting. Think about it. People with anorexia still keep losing weight. People who are literally starving die. Starvation mode is just a stupid broscience meme, your metabolism drops because as you lose weight (fat and muscle) your body requires less energy to exist and your TDEE goes down. It's just an effect of weight loss, not your metabolism dying as a result of a large calorie deficit. Water weight is an entirely different issue too that makes people think starvation mode is a real thing. Dw about it, if you use more calories than you take in, you will lose weight.
>>
>>35321604
I know, but I'm afraid of it because I was fat and I lost ton of weight (without lifting, now I lift), and ended underweight but with fat and no muscle. Didn't counted calories, but one time I did and I was eating like 1200 kcal and exercising at least 5 times a week. That's why I asked, due to my fears.
>>
I've been lifting for 6 months with little results, I've been on a cut for the last month or so because my abs aren't visible, and even now I just have a line down my stomach, but I don't want to lose any more weight, cause Im 5'10 and 138 lbs. So I've decided to start bulking, but im really confused, If at such low weight and a caloric defecit I don't have visible abs, what the fuck do I have to do to get them? I want to bulk to around 155 lbs or so, but what do i do once I get there? Cut? Maintain?
>>
>>35321725
>If at such low weight and a caloric defecit I don't have visible abs, what the fuck do I have to do to get them?
an abs routine you moron. You can't see your abs because you don't have any muscle.
>>
>>35321729
I do work them out though, used to be 5 days a week and now it's 2. For fucking 6 months
>>
What's this exercise called? Would it be good to add as an accessory?
>>
Is 130G protein daily sufficient for a 175lb male?
>>
>>35317495

Your abs aren't clear because you also have no muscle what so ever.
>>
>>35321749
post pic so this makes sense?
>>
>>35321750
looks like a pistol squat with a little balance assistance
>>
>>35321792
Im >>35316709
Maybe my ab workout isn't enough? 2-3 exercises, did it after every workout for the first 4 months or so and now two days a week. Usually hanging leg lifts, crunches, decline crunches, planks, or ab rollouts
>>
>>35321830
Your BF is still too high for abs. Bulk more muscle overall and then cut, or cut to skelly to see.
>>
>>35321853
So how would that be? Bulk to around 155 with 3000 calories a day and then cut once I hit it?
>>
File: 1444705864630.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1444705864630.gif
2MB, 370x319px
>>35321819
Pistol squat! That's the name. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>35321873
Yes. Do that. Build them muscles, breh.
>>
>>35321888
Thanks man, gonna hurt to see myself get fatter, but i cant keep losing my gains
>>
File: 1433649415047.jpg (140KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1433649415047.jpg
140KB, 1080x720px
Would some relatively light swimming on rest days be a bad idea?
I lift Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and I would plan on doing it Tuesday & Thursday.

Unrelated qt.
>>
Anyone else have thick forearms despite doing nothing to develop them? Is it just genetics or is there something Im missing out on?
>>
>>35322047
I get this. Have no reason to get them but I do
>>
File: image.jpg (468KB, 818x2442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468KB, 818x2442px
How do I know if I have high test without getting tested? Here's results after 5 months and they're pretty decent idk if that means I have high test or
>>
How long should my workouts be? I usually lift for about 30 minutes, complement that with 70min cardio (I do cardio first, 40min cycling, 30min staircase machine).

My workout is usually 3x5 butterflies, 3x5 chest press, 3x5 shoulder press, 3x7 lat pulldown, 10 pullups.
>>
My OHP sucks, my lifts arent really good, but they go up each workout, unlike my OHP that takes 2 weeks or more to go 1kg up.

5RM
Sqt 90 kilos
PB: 65 kilos
DL: 103 kilos
OHP: 37 kilos

Any advice?
>>
>>35322113
Not long not short. You're doing fine.
>>
>>35322096
Welp its hard to tell you could have low test and high amount of test receptors and you'd have good gains anyway.
There is no good way to tell but to get tested.
>>
>>35320847
No clue WHY it happens, but I would suggest just reminding yourself to make frequent stops to the bathroom to avoid it.
>>
If you don't hit your macros one day can you make up for it by eating more the next day or does it not work that way?
>>
>>35322133
OHP is and always will be the weakest of your lifts, and for most people the hardest to progress in
>>
>>35321771
Yes

>>35322021
Of course, it will help with DOMS, a little cardio is fine man

>>35321047
No it's fine anon
>>
How bad is it for my gains to go one night without sleep? Just can't drop off tonight, I usually sleep 10+ hours on average due to medication knocking me out most nights
>>
how do I stop shitting my pants? It's been 3 days straight where I have had to go to the restroom like 4-5 times during the moring/noon, then think it's finally safe to go out, but only to end up shitting myself on the drive. My car seats cant handle this anymore. Is it because there is no fiber in my diet + I only sleep 3-4 hours a day? Has it finally caught up to me?
>>
File: 1220152357.png (1014KB, 641x1557px) Image search: [Google]
1220152357.png
1014KB, 641x1557px
I've had this imbalance before I started lifting 8 months ago but lifting just made it worse. The left side doesn't grow. And when I do something like wash a shit ton of dishes and have to lean over for long periods, it hurts on the side that's smaller. Very sharp pain. It's bearable, but very much there. What do?
>>
How do i get over the anxiety of knowing that my body will never look good after years of abuse and that i will never truly love myself or my body?

How do i let go of my regrets and anxieties and look forward to my healthy goal, rather than dread that the end game is still terrible?
>>
What are you asking for christmas?
>>
I'm a 5'8" manlet, but I'm still getting progressively more and more facial hair. I'm only 20. Is there any chance in the world I could grow to 5'10"?

My dad is a manlet but the men on my mother's side are very tall and grow late
>>
>>35317822
the routine isn't great and the fact that you think soreness shows that you worked hard shows you're a novice.

just read the sticky.
>>
I did squats and deads one day. Next day I went drinking with some friends. When I got home that night I experienced some sharp, but not too great, pain basically at the side/bottom of my bellybutton, when I stretched myself vertically. Or stretched out my abs while standing you could say.

Next morning it was gone and for three days I've randomly had it come back. Sharp but not too bothersome pain appearing when my abs are stretched.

Should I be worried? Is this a hernia? No bumps, but does that make me safe?
>>
the resealable zip-loc thingy on my 5lb bag just got fucked and i dont know how. How can I safely store 3lbs worth of protein?
>>
>>35324851
Inside your body anon
>>
>>35324851
buy a container, they're less than 10 bucks each.
>>
Cutting right now but I keep slipping up and wind up eat an extra ~500 cals of shit every night. Any appetite suppressants I can use to help with this?
>>
>>35324950
Water
>>
>>35318960
The shiny dome typically comes from the fact that the top of your head produces higher amounts of oils for the hair that would typically be in place. Without the hair this oil/grease and shit just give you a shiny head.
>>
>>35324851
dont worry about it, i dont reseal my protein most of the time and its completely fine so dont stress unless you dont have a roof to keep the rain out
>>
>>35324950
I've had problems with cravings. Started doing an EC stack. Not only does it help a little bit with fat loss, but it is a fucking incredible hunger suppressant. Don't feel hungry half the day, actually feel full before reaching my goal.

Just don't do any HIIT
>>
>>35319812
Keep on focusing. Also check your form in general to make sure you're not leaning forward too much, or anything else that would throw your balance off. Try using a slightly wider stance or turn your feet out more.
>>
>>35319913
Does that 4 days include rest days or is that 4 workouts? Skipping a rest day should be fine. Doing 2 full workouts a day isn't recommended unless you're advanced.
>>
>>35324989
i live in a tropical area so the air here is pretty moist, even my spices clump up so i put them in airtight jars, guess ill just have to buy a big enough airtight jar for protein ;-;
>>
SKinnyfat here. Bulk or cut first?
>>
>>35325371
Eat at maintenance while getting enough protein and focusing on improving performance i.e. increasing your lifts. Hope body recomposition occurs.
If not, forget the above and cut HARD until you reach a better starting point.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1360x713px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1360x713px
DYEL mode here, got about 20%+ bodyfat.
Hard cut for 3 weeks from 82kg to 77.5kg. Fullbody 3x & HIIT 2x. 177cm.
Noob gains as expected, losing bodyfat, still got belly flab though.

Any point to cutting even further until say 10%, or should I start a 6 month bulk? Point is I wanna build some muscle and get ripped by start of June.

pic unrelated
>>
Hypothetically;
If I eat 500 calories under my maintenance for 6 days and then on sunday eat 3000k over it have I undone all the work done in the rest of the week?
AND
In terms of BF gain is 1 calorie of protein the same as 1 cal of carbs?
i.e If I had 1500 calories of protein would fat gain be the same as if I did that with carbs or fats?
>>
>>35315624
I get the same thing but I'm sleepy no matter how much I sleep, I also have tried sleeping in a dark room (pitch black) and a normal room but the results are the same
>>
>>35325797
1. Somewhat correct, without going into too much details: if your body absorbed a 500k deficit then on sunday intook an extra 3000k it'd be the same. You get things to do with metabolism and how your body stores adipose.

2. Not really, 1 cal of protein is different to 1 cal of carbs but 1 cal from protein is the same as 1 cal from carbs. Carbs, proteins, and fats are metabolised by the body differently.
>>
>>35325841
1. Okay thanks, I was wondering how that would work.

2. So would that mean a 50p/30c/20f macro split would be better for weight loss then 50c/30p/20f and would a higher protein diet help stave off muscle loss during a cut/weight loss
>>
>>35315759
I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?

>select all the images with steak
>>
>>35325865
1. Reasons why there's cheat days is mostly mental, not many can eat 3k over their maintenance ~5-6k of food in a day (Michael Phelps excluded).

2.DESU not really sure how to answer this question. depends on your cut and what you do. Without an actual split, the general idea of a cut is that the protein and calorie intake needs to be high enough that you don't lose muscle mass but low enough that you lose fat. Carbs are the best source of energy. For athletes who need a lot of energy for training 50c/30p/20f might be a very viable cut if they're intaking 2.5k a day. For bodybuilders 50p/30c/20f might be preferred on a 2k cut when doing less cardio than an athlete.
>>
I'm going to a week long music festival next week. What's the best way to maintain my gains with no gym or kitchen?
All I can think of is bring shitloads of WPI
>>
>>35326072
You won't lose any gains in a week
What music festival goes for a week?
>>
>>35326078
Woodford folk festival. It's so good dude
>>
>>35326083
Holy shit it's Australian, I've never heard of it though
>>
>>35326119
Yeah man, you from qld?
>>
critique my gymless program

A:
pushups
deltoid raise
tricep extension

B:
pullups
dumbell rows
bicep curls

C:
legs - running/cykling/shrimp squats
situps
lower back

with a week that looks like: ABCABCx
with misc like forearms and cardio on last day

also how many sets do I wanna do on each?
>>
>>35326178
I would just do all of it on the same day (except the running/cycling) and repeat as many times per week as I felt like.
Do as many sets as you can while still being able to consistently improve performance over time, but without doing so much you run yourself into the ground, physically or mentally.
>>
>>35326142
nah the great state NSW
>>
>>35326204
Dang son you're missing out...

... on possibly the only good thing qld has to offer haha
>>
>>35326201
if I do them when I feel like I do them like once a month. could I do them all every day? or every other day?
>>
>>35326229
Think you could easily work up to doing it 5 or more times a week. But start with every other day.
>>
>>35326255
so 24 hours is enough rest to recover a muscle?
>>
I'm doing SS right now and I have to ask, is it okay to switch around the order of the exercises sometimes? (Like doing Bench Press first before Squats)
>>
/fit/ Have I snapped my shit?

When I woke up today I took notice of some dull pain on my back after a while. Thought it might have been a zit but no, the pain appeared when I pressed against a specific vertebrae. Further into the day I noticed the pain was greater when I pressed from the underside.

Sitting isn't painful. It aches a bit while walking after having been sitting for a while. Almost feels like it's sticking out slightly more than the others, but I cant tell for sure since I never really paid attention to that before. The pain really flares up when I bend over, like touching my toe with straight legs.

Yesterday the only exercise I did that could compromise my spine were barbell rows. But I felt no pain at all during or after, not until I woke up today.

I tried squatting with some weight I could find at home (aprox 10kg) and found it doesn't really act up much. But it did in some positions of the weight.
>>
>>35326331
No. It's not okay.
>>
>>35315306
How do you guys count weight when squatting?

I mean, I using Fitlog to keep the track of my weights, and it calculates how much i **should** be lifting after that amount of time based on my one rep maximum. And I do not know if the weight of the bar counts...
>>
>>35326289
It's hard to give a general rule on the matter. It all depends. Consider the following...
If you do a single repetition of squats with no weight and that's your whole workout, you'd be able to "train" several times a day, EVERY day.
If on the other hand, doing 10x10 all-out sets of weighted squats is your workout, you'd probably only be able to do that every 5th day or maybe even less frequently than that. It all depends.

You can easily work up to doing a couple (or more) sets of push-ups every day with no issues.
>>
>>35326344
you might have just strained your muscles, were you doing a back intensive workout? If a specific vertebrae continues to hurt you might need to see a chiropractor/doctor.
>>
Is counting calories and macros really important?
>>
>>35326331
you do squats to warm up so swapping them around isn't okay, but some of the others there isn't much of a problem swapping. You should do what requires the most complex movement and what you want to focus on the most first, and then the rest in decreasing order.

>>35326405
Pen and paper for keeping track, the weight of the bar always counts as you still need to lift that as well as the plates.
>>
>>35326421
so how do I know if i'm recovered or need more rest?
>>
>>35326444
Yes because otherwise you will just come back here and complain that you're not making gains or not losing weight because your diet is shit.
>>
>>35326457
If you begin performing worse than usual, you need more rest. If your performance is going up you're doing fine.
>>
>>35326482
B-but all I do is gorge myself on meat and I did manage to put on 3lbs
>>
>>35326632
In 2 weeks*
>>
If i am doing 5x5 stronglifts, could I add cardio on my rest days or is that defeating the purpose?
>>
>>35315306
whats some good high protein low kcal meals/snaks?

chicken and tuna I already eat, along with other fish
>>
How can I fix a lateral pelvic tilt during squats? It happens even with just the bar so it seems to be a flexibility issue rather than strength. I am working on a tighter glute on the low side but is there anything else that can be causing it? The tilt is not noticeable from just standing.
>>
>>35317252
Texas method
>>
Is there a good intermediate aesthetic oriented routine that works on a Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri schedule?

Maybe something like a push/pull/rest/push/pull with legs added in on Mon/Thur or Tues/Fri?
>>
I'm going abroad on christmas, I'll be staying away for 2 weeks.
I already checked out the area where I'm going to stay, no gyms in kilometers.

Is there a simple bodyweight routine to at least keep in shape for this 2 weeks? I don't want to fuck my gains up since I've been lifting for just 7 months.

Also I found out that barn has more proteins and a lot less carbs than oats, but it has a shitload of fibers (48 g every 100g)
Will replacing oats with barn make me shit a ton? I usually eat 50g of oats every afternoon.
>>
Fatty here
6'2 170lbs (3 months lifting)
full body AxBxAxBx....

OHP 75lbs
Bench 115
Diddly 225
Squat 185

Switched to decline for a while and added DB incline chest press. Got some questions, what else can i do to increase my Bench and OHP? Also My Deadlift seems to be stalling, what do? I will not eat more, Looking for accessories. If over 20% BF, can i do cardio every day without lifts suffering? 1350kcal 150g protein low carb (<70g). I do 5 miles in 20 minutes on the bike with HR around 130-140.

I really feel like i need to do something on my off days, just wondering if swinging by the gym and biking a few miles will cause me to deload the next day.
>>
>hurt my ankle
>ankle hurts, then gets better

>hurt my shoulder
>shoulder hurts, then gets better

>hurt my ribs
>ayy it's not so bad
>damn it still kinda hurts
>oh what the hell it's been like a month
>STOP HURTING YOU FAGGOT RIB

does anyone know why ribs are the bananas of the anatomy world?
>>
>>35327490
>6'2 170
That's not fat. Skinnyfat maybe. I don't think you should be focusing on losing weight
I was that height and weight in fucking high school

Stick to the basics and get stronger (eat more). Lifts are pathetic and need no variation or complexity yet

>>35327453
You're not going to lose your gains in 2 weeks
Do what you can without pissing everybody off around you
fitloop.co

>>35326789
How much can you squat? Does it happen with just bodyweight?

>>35326668
Sure, but don't overdo it and eat the difference so as not to interfere with gains

>>35326331
Why though?

>>35326178
You don't really need much rest from bodyweight
Don't make your own routine, you don't know what you're doing
>>
>>35327609
>How much can you squat? Does it happen with just bodyweight?

380lbs and yes
>>
>>35315306
Full body vs Push/Pull(Squats on push and deadlifts on pull day) for someone who wants solely aesthetics?
>>
>>35327490
>>35327609
Should've added that your technique is probably shit on the lifts too
Post form checks

>>35327762
Got a form check? Sure you don't have scoliosis or anyhting like that?
I would recommend just starting with nothing and making sure you practice doing it right and working up (with no uneven reps), focusing froom the bottom up (feet, knees > hips)

Pretty fucked up that it happens with even bodyweight though
Like you can't even purposely do an even squat with no weight?
>>
this is really stupid but how do I run correctly?

should I say "I shall do an hour of jogging today" or "I shall run x amount of miles today"?

and should I be always jogging? I mean, my endurance is and always has been kinda shit, so going running for me is mostly going walking with some jogging in-between, because I run out of stamina easily. Of course, I'd like to train that and get better; is the best way to do that just keep running and never take a walk break, but perhaps have the overall running pace slow-ish? or should I have a fast running pace and go until I'm too tired and then walk and then run again?
>>
>>35327827
I'll try to get a vid within a few days. The tilt is not super noticeable and only happens below parallel. The main reason why I' m trying to fix it is because I think it's causing me knee pain.
>>
>>35327975
In the meantime, slow negatives of reps, limit your bounce/stretch
It is common that a 'knee slide' in the hole can cause knee pain. Try setting them out/up on your way down, I think Candito has a video on this
Sumo stretch all day every day

>>35327881
Technique first. Find your run technique
Depending on your level, consider couch 2 5k

But the basic formula is work into a jog for as lone as you can (focus on time, not distance or speed). Then jog for a little longer, then a little longer. IIRC C25K has you run for like 20-30 minutes at a time. Then go longer than that. Just jog for longer and longer stretches so that you can eventually jog for an hour straight. Then jog some more and on day you will be able to jog an hour straight consistently (or even have it be easy). Then focus on distance and speed after that

But yeah, there are established programs like 5k and 10k that can outline how ot get there for you
>>
>>35317362
I think you should keep bulking like 3 or 4 months and then cut
>>
So after about a year of lifting, fairly casually I guess (2-3x a week, ~45 mins to an hour a day) here's where I am:

Squat: 85kg x 5
Deadlift: 105kg x 5
OHP 45kg x5
Bench 60kg x5

Should I just kill myself now?

fwiw: I started skelly (6'3 ~62 kg) and now I'm more like a normal weight (~78kg), still fairly low bf cuz bulking is hard.

I used to come to fit and get inspired, but now I come here and see some peoples insane lifts, girls squatting 200kg, and people saying how you should be at 2pl8 bench after 3 months, I ignore most of it because this is the internet and there's a lot of bullshit, but it's starting to get kind of demotivating.

What are realistic expectations? Where should I be? How are some people so fuckin strong? Seriously, I get that most really strong people have been training for 5-10 + years but it's hard to believe that someone who benches 150kg+ ever was struggling at 60kg like me.
>>
Cut all the milk products from my diet, drinking soy milk now. And my skin has gone to shit since. Is that related? I thought that drinking milk caused skin issues.
>>
Is considering going on juice as a female a bad idea?

I've seriously considered that.
>>
18 y/o
78kg
Currently doing 5x5, stats in kg: sq 95, dl 120 bp 77.5 ohp 55
Should i switch to pp and if not, at which stats should i switch
thx for advice brahs
>>
>>35328400
Its probably a bad idea for anyone, but she-hulk women don't look good btw
>>
>>35328539
Well I don't care what I end up looking.
>>
>>35318841
its cartilage I think
>>
What happened to Supermang?
>>
>>35328684
doxxed to oblivion.
>>
I've had to drop lowbar for a while so I'm squatting highbar and decided to go ATG to impress the old ladies at my gym (mfw I was the only one breaking parralel before anyway)

I was LBing 90kg (I'm on SS) when I had to stop and have gone straight in at 70kg HB ATG today 3x5 after working up from 60kg.

Am I liable to snap my shit up going in so heavy having never really gone ATG or highbar before?
>>
>>35328400

Well you should certainly do some studying and not assume that male experiences will apply to you. There might be a higher risk of fucking up your endocrine system.

Consider bulking natty and using clenbuterol or something for dieting.
>>
Will it make a difference strength wise when I varify my Bench grip from time to time (regular bench)

I feel like sometimes I grip a bit wider, sometimes a little bit more narrow.
>>
What is the best Couch to 5K app? They all seem to do the same thing, but does one offer more features than others? I don't mind paying a couple dollars.
>>
File: IMG_20150903_001243.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150903_001243.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
Do I look Gay?
>>
>>35329035

What's wrong with a stopwatch, that's literally all you need. The programme is right there for free in the sticky.
>>
>>35329070
no but I'd fuck you
>>
>>35328839

It's good for strength afaik.
>>
>>35329070
you're a good looking cunt mate and you know it

y u fishin for complies?
>>
Thinking about alternating between PPL and Brosplit week to week. What I mean is that I would do Coolcicada's PPL one week, then the next week I would do a brosplit, then PPL, the bro split, etc...

Would this actually work?

I was thinking this would be a good idea since i would alternate between focusing on frequency and focusing on volume, giving my body a nice balance.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450725923320.jpg (102KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450725923320.jpg
102KB, 540x960px
>>35329097
Should I break up with my gf?
I've been with her for 3.5 years (she was my first).

She's started going loopy lately since I went to uni.

Would I be mad to break up with a girl this fit?
>>
>>35329282
Follow up question, why are face pulls in coolcicada's pull day, I know they have "pull" in them, but they're mainly a delt exercise, shouldn't they go in push day with the rest of the shoulder exercises?
>>
I'm in the middle of a cut so I've been skipping rope for about 20-30 minutes a day. Is there a way to reliably track how many calories this burns?
>>
>>35329484
"Jumping rope burns more than 10 calories a minute while strengthening your legs, butt, shoulders, and arms. And it doesn’t take long to reap major rewards. You can burn more than 200 calories in two, 10-minute sessions each day (that's 1,000 calories a week)!"
http://www.shape.com/fitness/cardio/jump-rope-workout-blast-fat-20-minutes
>>
How do I eliminate swinging when doing tricep dips?
>>
I weigh 160 pounds. After doing starting strength for a year, my lifts are as follows:

Squat 5RM 225
Deadlift 275 5RM
OHP - 115 5RM
Bench Press 175 5RM

Is it time for me to move on to Texas Method from this point forward?
>>
How do i /fit/ if i have no money for the gym?
>>
>>35329604
cross your ankles
>>
>>35320704
I'm having one apple and one banana a day. I've been paying attention to my total caloric intake these past few months but not incredibly closely.
Is there a good phone app you'd recommend for keeping track of this stuff?
>>
>>35329667
Depends if you're still making linear daily progress.
>>
>>35329918
progress has been slow for the last month, its been difficult to add weight at all
>>
File: fatso.jpg (883KB, 2082x1392px) Image search: [Google]
fatso.jpg
883KB, 2082x1392px
1)What are some good abs hypertrophy excersises that can be done for like 3x10 reps.

2)I know abs are made in the kitchen but for a nice six pack it cant hurt to do nice abs hypertrophy, right? How often should you do it, once per week?

3)Is it possible to get acceptable legs for athletic mode by just joggin?

4)If goal is hypertrophy is it better to do 3x10 with higher weight or 4x12 with less weight?

5)According to my research into diet it is impossible that a diet follows all criteria at the same time:
-cheap
-nutritious and high protein
-low calorie
-non fart producing
-good shit consistency (neither diaharrea or anal rape logs)
Am i right?

6)Finally, look at pic and please tell me bf% please

thank you for your input
>>
I strained my sternocleidomastoid muscle from dips. What can I do to fix this other than lay of dips, etc.?
>>
So if I take a nap after lifting will it affect my gains?

Yes, I'm that new.
>>
>>35329670
get a job

>>35331737
no
>>
How come some fucking huge guys still have visible abs when they are like 20% BF? Genetics? Or just because their abs are huge because of roids?
>>
How many fucking grams of protein am I meant to eat per pound of bodyweight?

Some sources say 1g per pound, some say 1g per kilogram. This alone is a massive difference - my weight in kilograms is just over double my weight in pounds. And that's ignoring the variants that don't adhere to the 1:1 ratio - some say 0.5 or 0.7 or 0.75. Then there's that stuff about how much the body can physically synthesise which, guess what, I've also encountered has about fifty thousand different answers.

Can someone just give me a definitive answer with a definitive source? I aim to eat around 100g protein which is approx 1.5g protein per kg. (I read on a post on Bodybuilding.com that 1.5g per lb is recommemded - surely that's nuts and unattainable unless you're eating a whole chicken per day or some shit)
>>
Im at the low end of the normal test range. I have an appointment with my doctor coming up regarding what I think is gyno.

What do you think they'll prescribe me? What should I tell them if I want to have gyno removal surgery covered by my insurance?
>>
Anyone ever had epyditimitis? Got it about a month ago and was cleared up I think I got it back from lifting too soon. It wasn't from an std but the doctor said I should have listened to the "pee before lifting meme". It's killing me I can't activate core at all so my DL and squat are suffering. Anyone ever delt with this shit? How long before you started doing heavy compounds again?
>>
I want bigger arms
curl more? tricep extension more?
>>
my grip is shit what can i do to fix it
which oats do i buy? i got the quaker guy with the little baggies of apple cinnamon since its the only one i can usually swallow down. is there a better way to prepare the "regular oats"
>>
>>35333698
uhh? i asked my question first asshole. wait your turn
>>35333316
>>
@35333838
work on your triceps then faggot do skullcrushers and dips
not even gonna give you a fucking (you) for being so rude
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.