[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

Our temples will be filled with the unworthy come Jan 1st, I never really knew how to handle it. Some days I'll be really friendly and welcoming and others I'll just bro my way onto equipment that the unworthy are misusing, what do you do?
>>
been at a gym for less than a year, I'm interested if anyone here started from a new years resolution
>>
>>35313214
is this an american thing? i dont see much difference here in Aus
>>
>>35313286
Ya. fuck it's ridiculous. memberships virtually double in january and drop off to normal by february. It's an awesome example of the lack of willpower and ability to follow through the average person has.
>>
autism
>>
>>35313282
i'm the same as this anon, only been lifting 8 months.

when the NYers come round I doubt they'll go straight to the power rack though. if it is super busy I'll just come back early in the morning
>>
>>35313314
I wouldnt even say it takes a month. More like a week then back to normal. No biggie
>>
>>35313286
It's the same in Europe
>>
>>35313286
I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the UK it's pretty common knowledge that our gyms could not function if the people who sign up for memberships actually used them.

Most people pay for nothing because they convince themselves that they want something that they do not.
>>
>>35313214
I workout in the mornings, no NYR lasts more than two weeks in that timeslot and 90% stop coming after the first week. Just move your workout for a few weeks and you won't notice them.
But new year resolutions aren't really a thing in this country so i don't really give a shit.
>>
File: spongebob.png (280KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.png
280KB, 500x371px
>>35313214
>leg pressing kek1pl8
>>
>>35313214
I started lifting in late February, so I don't know the real horror of new years fags. How bad is it?
>>
File: Oscar.png (45KB, 938x759px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.png
45KB, 938x759px
I'll bite

>2 years ago
>5'7 manlet, weighing about 57kg
>Started doing weird "functional" training for about 2 months. Thankfully included loads of chin ups.
>Started a gym
>Bro-powerlifted for 12 months or so
>Have injured pec from cancer as a child
>Cant benchpress much more than BW without severe pain
>Stop PLing when numbers were (KG) 130/80/175 @ 67kg
>fuckaboutinthegym for 6 months or so
>Transition to OLY and have been semi serious with it for the last 4 months
>Still have fuckarounditis in the gym

>New years promise:
Buy a book so I can keep track of what I do in the gym. Stop talking to idiots that I don't really like and actually get shit done instead.

Pic is not related
>>
>>35316707
>Buy a book so I can keep track of what I do in the gym.
It's the twenty-first century: just download Jefit
>>
I started serious lifting in March so I yet to see it in action, but the summer was pretty dead comparatively.
>>
The crowds are a pain in the ass but if you can firmly say "mind if I work in?" and "are you using this?" they'll usually just leave due to not knowing what they're doing.
Also, start going at late hours, normies usually go in the mornings or after work/school
>>
>>35313214

Those unworthy are responsible for keeping your gym open. Small time gym owners rely on the massive influx of cash every January of people dropping big bucks on a yearly that they only utilize for January, the week before valentines, the week before spring break, the week before summer, and the week after thanksgiving.

These people are the reason the gym is still open. Be happy to suffer them for a few weeks a year.
>>
i was a nyrfag
but i stuck with it
>>
I will be moving to another town around New Years. Is benching 2pl8 enough so that people know I'm not a new years faggot ?
>>
>>35316920
Unless u moving to LA, then your not a new years noob
>>
>>35316881
normies definitely do not go to the gym in the morning. at uni gym the gym gets PACKED until closing. if you go at 8 in the morning it's just 2 or 3 people using the poweracks.
>>
>>35316881
I can't lift at night because my pwo will keep me up until 3 am
>>
/gbg/ and /bgg/ reporting in

As a gym bully AND a big guy, I love NYRs, I think they're fucking hilarious.
Sometimes as I'm casually walking from point A to B, I'll notice a NYR doing something so ridiculous, I stop walking, stare, and laugh out loud for several seconds.

Another thing I enjoy about nyrs is they'll often be staring at buff dudes working out, in an attempt to learn new exercises I guess since they don't know shit. When I catch one looking at me, it is my duty to stare back at them with a pissed off grin, leading to them immediately staring at the floor. One time this new kid didn't break eye contact for about 5 seconds, so I got up and began walking towards him, then I guess he realized his mistake and started staring at the floor. I'm pretty sure he was gay though.
>>
new year new meme lets go boys
>>
>>35313214

HAHA.

TFW train in a private invite only gym. I have a key and turn up any time. 99.99% of the time I train alone. No new years fatties in my way!
>>
>>35317042
>Cringe/10
>>
>>35313282
I did, last year a week or 2 before new years for a new gf
>>
>>35317042
Suuure buddy.
downredditing shitty blog.
>>
>>35313286
this

In my gym, i see an influx of noobs in spring, ready to get dat dere beach body
>>
>>35314894
Yeah, resolutionists are the reason gyms maintain low membership fees. Get a resolutionists in a yearly contract, they go twice but that direct debit keeps rolling. Wanna cancel early? Enjoy high cancellation fees. £15 p/m multiplied by 100 resolutionists adds up pretty quick. We need them to prey on the peasants so we can enjoy low fees
>>
>>35317042
jesus christ...

How do I know you're a virgin?
>>
>>35313214
Why's it so that bad people want to change?
>>
its bad, but at the same time pretty funny if you got the patience to watch all the gym fails. Good people watching for a couple weeks thats for sure

get that popcorn flavored protein drink revved up
>>
>>35317042

Shut up faggot
>>
>>35320510

Nothing wrong with wanting to change, having such little discipline and self preservation that you rely on an arbitrary date in the hopes this will be the time you 'finally stick to it' though is just pathetic.
>>
File: laughing old yeller.jpg (93KB, 755x696px) Image search: [Google]
laughing old yeller.jpg
93KB, 755x696px
>>35317042
i found the closeted gay manlet with a very tiny penis everybody. be sure to stop by so you can join me in pointing and laughing at it.
>>
File: 501309374_b411ae4c95.jpg (106KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
501309374_b411ae4c95.jpg
106KB, 400x500px
>>35317042
>Late to the gym already
>About 5 new people came in the gym, doing some retarded routines
>And then I see him
>Fuck, it's the creepy guy in the gym again
>He starts going around the gym, stopping like a deer in the headlights, and then laughing like a maniac
>I've asked management if they could throw him out, but they said that they would feel bad throwing out mentally challenged person
>Fuck this
>I start doing my routine, and I see the guy beating off, what the fuck
>Jacking off in the middle of a fucking gym, starring at me
>I looked at him and shouted "The fuck are you doing?"
>He got up and started running towards me with his meat in his hand
>I quickly packed up, and never went back to the gym again
>>
The only people who complain about resolutioners are those who finally made it 1 year and think they know everything. Real gym regulars don't care and continue doing there thing.
>>
File: 1417549292259.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1417549292259.gif
919KB, 170x196px
It's a good thing I can't afford a gym membership anyway! Hahah!

Ahaha

>>
Be kinda poor fag barely covering bills. Wanted to join gym for a few months now but only local place has a 6 months contract with a steep joining fee on top. Planning on saving money from Christmas gifts to pay for it, but don't want to be just another new year scrub. Should I just join in February?
>>
>>35324984
Nah bro you'll never make it
>>
>>35324122
so you've been going 13 months then?
>>
>>35324984
Ignore >>35324996

Gym's can be expensive, but there's nothing stopping you from exercising. If you live at a permanent residence (or plan on living there for a while) consider buying your own weights or some resistance bands. Maybe find a bodyweight routine.

I know the feeling of not enough money for a membership, I lost a good job opportunity recently and have been looking for work since then.
>>
>>35313282

I was a NYR'er, lifting 4yrs in 10 days.
>>
>>35324984
Ignore >>35325006's request to ignore >>35324984

He was saying you'll never make it because you're beta'ing out. You don't wanna join when NYR is occuring because you don't wanna look like a NYR fag?

Who gives a shit. Get a grip on your body image, get a grip on your goals, don't give a fuck about what people think, do it because YOU want to.
>>
>finally getting into fitness
>been doing body routine for last 4 months
>finally decide to sign up for a gym membership
>ahaha omg faggot new years faggot working out
>delay membership till this shit settles.

Fuck you fit
>>
>>35313214
>tfw ging to the gym at 5 o'clock in the morning

I'll avoid most of them.
>>
>>35325022
Get a grip faggot. Stop making excuses. This is just another excuse to prevent gains. Get over your anxiety, find a way to cope, talk to nobody if you want, just fucking do it.
>>
>>35325022
Don't do it. No one cares. Want to prove you're not a nyr fag? Keep going long after the new year. That'll be your motivation for making it.
>>
>>35317063
You aren't talking about your garage, are you?
>>
didnt even see a difference last year, doubt ill see anybody new this year

1 am crew ww@
>>
>>35325038
1 am is my favorite time to work out. No one in the gym.
>>
>>35316999
iktf
>>
File: 1442203962050.jpg (2MB, 2362x3543px) Image search: [Google]
1442203962050.jpg
2MB, 2362x3543px
>tfw the park is my gym
>>
File: wtf were they even doing.png (56KB, 1265x1116px) Image search: [Google]
wtf were they even doing.png
56KB, 1265x1116px
Saw my first new years resolutioners today. Fuckin weird workouts, I always thought you guys were exaggerating but holy fuck I literally have to mspaint this shit to help visualize the last two.
>get to gym
>Start loading up my lmaonoteven1plaet 120lb bench and I notice all the 5 lb plates are gone wtf
>look around and see some tubby guy doing incline leg press.. with every 5 lb plate in the gym on the sides for weight
>he switches to bench after 1 set of 10 quarter reps
>takes all 10 of the plates he hoarded and swapped them right over to bench
>does 3 reps then leaves

>girl walking around the treadmills..
>not on a treadmill, just walking behind them
>wiggling her arms and looking in the mirror
>leaves after 10 minutes of this

>old fat guy puts a 30 lb bb on his shoulders
>just twists his torso slowly back and forth with a dead gaze
>about 30 minutes of this and he grunts every twist
>>
the worst part is NYRs taking up your 1st row VIP Aestheticâ„¢ only parking
>>
>>35325070
why dont people buy shit for their own place (if they have space)
>>
>>35313214
Fuck me the first is on Friday, I'd rather go to crossfit.
>>
>tfw started as a nyrfag and spent the entire night before watching brosciencelife videos to try and brush up on the culture
>>
>>35325115
thats the smart way bro, cheers
>>
>>35325070
Right? You just can't get a good workout if you're all tired from walking an extra 20 yards in the parking lot
>>
Most NYR types at my gym stay at the cardio machines luckily.
Those who don't however, are just weird.

One group consists of two fatties of which one acts like he lifted for years to the other but still does everything wrong. They also bring fruit juices for some reason.

The other is a dad and his fat autistic excuse for a son. He looks so disappointed with his son, it's almost painful to watch.
>>
>>35321078
>>35322674
>>
>>35317063
L-lanket from raalte?
>>
>>35316851
Not the guy you replied to, but I never even thought about looking for an app and have always brought a pen and pocket notebook with me. You just saved me a ton of hassle.
>>
>>35317042

>Be working out in a new gym, listening to a new album on my ipod, focused on getting these gains
>Checking out qt girls and mirin the aesthetics
>See some 5'3 manlet glaring at me, we awkwardly make eye contact for 5+ seconds
>He starts walking towards me, always had a fear of hobbits, so I move further away.
>He's still coming, so I blurt out 'Frodo pls go'
>he quietly says 's-s-sorry' and goes back to his 1pl8 set.
>>
>>35325037

Nope. A proper gym some ex weightlifters/powerlifters have put together.
>>
>>35325617 U wot?
>>
>>35320559
>arbitrary date
its the first day of the year you fucking idiot
>>
>tfw moving city on January 8th

Should I wait a few weeks to join a new gym? I don't want people to think I'm an NYRfag ;_;
>>
File: putin dog.png (430KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
putin dog.png
430KB, 600x450px
>>35325027
this baka desu senpai

at worst they come in for a day thinking they're going to "start waking up early to go to the gym :))))))" and then by day 3 realize how much of a mistake it was and are never seen again
>>
I started going in the middle of February (does that make me a New Years Resolutioner?) and have been going consistently ever since. Most of the resolutioners must have died of by then because I haven't really noticed a difference. I'm not looking forward to next month.
>>
>>35325929
dno why but kek
>>
>>35326180
if ur big its nbd
>>
My membership expired in November but I don't want to renew because of all the NYRs. So I'm waiting till February to renew for the year. I hope I don't lose all my gains
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.