[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I such a slow walker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Hot weightlifter.jpg (54KB, 571x571px) Image search: [Google]
Hot weightlifter.jpg
54KB, 571x571px
For some reason I just can't walk fast. I don't know why but it's really difficult for me to walk quickly.

I'm not out of shape either. I can run a 19 minute 5K.

What gives?
>>
>>35290767
How short are your legs?
>>
>>35290780
this. You are probably short with even shorter legs/torso ratio
>>
>>35290780
I'm 5'10" and wear a 30-32 inch inseam for pants.
>>
>>35290767
Either lengthen your steps, or increase your step frequency.

Get on a treadmill, set it to your comfortable walking pace. And then raise it higher.

For reference, people in New York City walk an average of 3.5 mph
>>
>>35290826
I'l try this.
>>
dude wtf... you just make yourself walk faster. Unless you have a neurological disorder, there's no way you can't walk faster. If this isn't b8 then you need to get your brain scanned.
>>
File: sjf's round here.gif (667KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
sjf's round here.gif
667KB, 400x215px
>>35290767
>Why am I such a slow walker?
Welcome to /fit/.
Where autists are literally too retarded to walk properly.
>>
>>35290767
BREHS
FUAAARK
OP, try bigger steps slower or the other way around until you find the right pace. You can also try shifting your balance forward. Acquire a racing line and take corners as close as you can get to the apex, stand in front of everybody else so they can't overtake.
>>
I have the same issue desu.
Nothing wrong with walking slower
>>
>/fit/ please help me I cant walk

Good lord
>>
>>35291601
come on, this is a serious problem
>>
>>35291601
Lay off gaylord.
With the fucking retarded questions the meatheads ask about lifting heavy things, every fucking day, the same god damn questions.
Someone brings a more original question to the table and you act like a Jew.

Considering all the questions on this website are fucking stupid and shouldn't be taken seriously, his is no worst.
>>
>>35290767
Fellow slow walker here

Why do you even give a shit? You're just inventing problems if you think it matters at all
>>
>>35291601
>>35291370
>>35291301
This is the reason we can't have nice things.
>>
loneliness is weighing you down. side effect of leaving humanity behind.
>>
>>35290767
You're a manlet
>>
>>35290767

you probably dont walk enough in your life

i dont have a car anymore and i walk almost everywhere. I noticed that i am an extremely fast walker compared to others no matter where i am.

or its some spooky condition and you should get yourself checked.

My bet is on a lack of practice in general.

Do you own a car since you are young and never walked a lot before that either?
>>
>>35290767
I was going to reply then I saw that >>35293235 said pretty much what I was going to say.

>you probably dont walk enough in your life

Y'all needa get out more
>>
>>35290767
you do your squats yah?
do them without shoes

will fix foot alignment issues.
make you faster at running and walking

i lift at home. idk if you can take shoes off at gym

anyway people dont develop their feet arch properly because of shoes
>>
>>35293415
dead lifts shoeless too
>>
19 min for 5k is very fast??
>>
>>35293429
I know it's not super fast but a sub 20 minute 5k does demonstrate above average cardiovascular conditioning. My main point is that I'm not some out of shape fat fuck.
>>
I am 100% serious about the following:
I unconsciously started walking with only my quads and barely any ankle movement. As a result my walking speed has decreased drastically.
Once i noticed what I was doing and actively started using my ankles again to accelerate i walked faster than ever before.
Maybe you have the same problem OP
>>
>>35295223
How do you walk without your ankles?
>>
You probably have weak tibalis and calves.
>>
>>35293429
You will get in the top 5% of the large majority of the 5k, I would say.
Granted, the competition is not super high in the large majority of the 5k. You won't win but that's definitely decent.
>>
File: 1449987718356.jpg (67KB, 849x560px) Image search: [Google]
1449987718356.jpg
67KB, 849x560px
>>35295223
>>35293415
This is the worst broscience I've seen.
>>
>>35290767
Not slow.... your methodical. Like Jim Brown.
>>
i can walk fast a little bit, but if i keep it up my muscles are on fire. and its not from not walking. i walk routinely. i run too. but usually i take a nice leisurely pace. it gets to the point where i sometimes have to tell my friends ill catch up because fuck im not trying to sprint around, especially if were just popping over to grab some food or whatever.
and its not leg height, im 6'3. i think i just force it. its always the front of my calf that gets the burn, like im just trying to raise my foot (when you raise your toes on impact to strike with your heels) too hard. but it doesnt help to try and not do that.
>>
>>35297496
Yeah, that's what it feels like to me too. I don't know why but it takes more effort than it should to walk fast.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.