[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intensity Vs Duration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: TRX-LOGO-Yellow-1.png (30KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
TRX-LOGO-Yellow-1.png
30KB, 900x900px
Need help guys

I'm new to TRX & I was browsing these 4 / 12 week workout plans.

Each plan tells me to do a "Basic Training" on my first weeks, the problem is that it only lasts about 10 minutes total (including rests).

Is 10 min enough? What's up with this?

Thanks for your help
>>
>>35288666
nice trips.

So I just checked TRX and its looks gay as fuck, is there any reason why you don't want to do something.....worthwhile?

or are you a grill?
>>
>>35288687

Anything constructive to add or are you going to derail this shit further?
>>
>>35288699
your asking me whats up with a 10 minute workout, and I'm saying its because its a bullshit workout.

how am i not on topic here?
>>
>>35288720

No, you're saying TRX is bullshit. I wasn't looking for TRX legitemacy, I wanted to know if 10 min of intense workout are enough and if not, where can I find a 30 - 60 min TRX workout?
>>
>>35288738
In my opinion I would say they are not sufficient in intensity, 30 to 60 minute workouts are probably shown on youtube or perhaps some book they sell.

for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoS20NSXSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjXSSN2ATA
>>
>>35288666

why are you doing meme shit

lift weights
>>
File: embarassing.jpg (9KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.jpg
9KB, 334x393px
TRX is a meme and a fad like every other fitness shit that comes out and claims to be superior and make you massive gains magically

>ehem, crossfit

You're either a girl or an idiot who fell for another marketing scam and you will never make it because you don't have it in you to actually lift weights and do something worthwhile

Kill yourself
>>
>>35288738
same anon here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2SUgLvhIeI

https://es.trxtraining.com/train/exercises

They also have images on google images detailing workouts.
>>
>>35288666
I never gave much thought about it. I approach suspension training just like weight training, so I do 3-5 sets of 6-12 repetitions with 60 second breaks between the sets and longer breaks between exercises. That usually adds up to >40 min workouts.

10 min sounds barely enough. Just look for exercises that you like and that stress every important muscle groups and do them in the way described above. There are infinitely many possible exercises with suspension trainers, just browse through them. Personally I don't like them for legs though. But there are some great exercises for shoulders, chest, lats, arms and core.

>>35288767
It's mostly the same movements as weight lifting with the difference that you use your body weight and use some extra core strength most of the time. Some exercises are actually pretty fucking cool. Of course, at some point you may hit a limit with some exercises, but I'm not there yet.
>>
>>35288846

Finally a decent comment, thanks.

By sets and repetitions you mean, for example, 12 squats, 30 sec rest x3-5 ??

I already have an exercise list called "Basic Training". I guess i'll follow your advice and do more repetitions for each.

Thanks.

>>35288802
Thank you as well.

On general note, I have weights in my room, but they're boring as fuck.
>>
>>35288846
If you have time give this a read

http://startingstrength.com/articles/core_stability_rippetoe.pdf

And just an FYI, if someone is trying to sell something to you (especially if its fitness related) and mostly women are shown and targeted in it (i.e. its their primary target market) what they are selling is bullshit.
>>
>>35288930

I got into TRX because I had a personal TRX trainer recently, who works only with suspension / strength trainings and is fully supporting this method.

Sure, if there's a limit to reach due to body weight I'll switch to weight lifting. I'm not even near so why bother change y'know?
>>
File: TRX.png (2MB, 1889x578px) Image search: [Google]
TRX.png
2MB, 1889x578px
>>35288666
You'd probably be better of doing bodyweight routines at home or calisthenics at a local park than this meme shit.
>>
>>35288962
thats fine, but look at pic>>35288976
how many men vs women?
>>
>>35288930
>And just an FYI, if someone is trying to sell something to you (especially if its fitness related) and mostly women are shown and targeted in it (i.e. its their primary target market) what they are selling is bullshit.

Funny. I feel the same way about roided up models selling supps or sharing their routine on IG
>>
>>35288930
I really don't care honestly what it's targeted at, as I can think for myself and don't need the approval of some nepalese carpet weaving board. It feels tough and the laws of physics tells me that it's basically the same as weight training without weights, often you have more possibilities though. When I notice that it's not efficient any longer, I of course need to think of something else, but so far it feels very efficient, thanks for the concern.

>>35288908
>By sets and repetitions you mean, for example, 12 squats, 30 sec rest x3-5 ??
Basically.
>>
>>35289006

Doesn't matter. It's not my fault you can't comprehend that TRX & Weight lifting aim to achieve 2 different goals
>>
>>35288738
Make one up.
Take your ten minute gimmick trash.
Add more reps. More sets.
Additional exercises.
Voila better workout.

No need to be a faggy little bitch. You got called out on doing a bullshit routine. Accept it. Move on. Hell OP comment even questioned the validity of the workout....

Trx is potentially a great accessory to a training regime. If used like gymnastic rings to do dips and pull ups, and some work for rotator cuff etc. problem is that feggits never do, they follow the prescribed gimmick routine and never progress to full body weight work.

I personally would buy some nice cheap quality rings and a length of rope and hang myself rather than buy the overpriced piece of shit that is brand name TRX.
>>
>>35288666
TRX is excellent for post workout met con. Or 20/10 tababta drills when using it for plyo.

Just try to implement a free weight program prior to it and you'll get more out of it and vice Versa. The skull crushers are killer at any level.
>>
>>35289011
Absolutely but starting strength is not advocated by roiders so you're fine. Roiders are more likely to suggest a brosplit
>>
>>35289015

Do I need repetitions to repeat the same muscle or can I mix things up and achieve the total sum in the end?

For example, can I do

1 Squat set --> 1 Row set --> 1 Squat set

Or must I complete all the 3/5 sets for the same muscle first?

Thanks! Last question too :-)
>>
>>35289044

I am OP and I'm not questioning the validity of it.
I was just asking why is it so short.
FYI, I bought this through parallel import and your arrogance belittles you.
>>
>>35289071
That's basically up to you. I know people who do it like that, but personally I don't. I like to fatigue one muscle group I'm targeting first before I move on to the next one.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.