[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question fit. What is the most effective martial art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 31

File: a.jpg (35KB, 580x402px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
35KB, 580x402px
I have a question fit.
What is the most effective martial art?
If somebody attacks you on the street what is the best martial art you can use to protect yourself and stop the attacker?
>>
File: Spiderman_2564cb_5320101.jpg (58KB, 685x550px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman_2564cb_5320101.jpg
58KB, 685x550px
>>35276923
Being spiderman
>>
Way too many factors to simply answer. Are you trying to escape? Stop the situation happening in the first place? Disable the guy? Kill the guy? Are you looking for trouble? Does he have a knife? A gun? Is he willing to kill you? Is he in a gang or a group likely to retaliate? Is it one guy or multiple? Is it a back alley or a town centre?

In most of these situations, if it comes to conflict, you've already failed the important objectives.
>>
i would say MMA because theres nearly no rules and you can fuck people up pretty badly
>>
Krav Maga, MMA, Jiu Jitsu are all good. NVER DO KARATE OR ANY ASIAN MARTIAL ART
>>
Probably boxing due to its simplistic nature.

Ju jitsu or judo if you're looking for a less self destructive approach. If you punch someone with a boxing technique, you will probably break your hand.
>>
The most effective martial art is having a successful life free from insecurities and other bullshit that lands you in those situations.

But if you live in a place where it just cant be helped (Detroit, South Africa, Sweden etc) then Krav Maga will do. Arming yourself (if legal) is also wise.
>>
pipebomb
>>
>>35276966
>yfw mma and krav maga striking styles are based heavily on karate, and jiu jitsu is a form of karate

lyoto machida told sage northcutt to tell you hello.

not that i am a fan of karate or anything, i just found it amusing that you picked 2 karate-based styles, and one empty-hand japanese combat (karate is japanese for empty hand combat) style, while talking shit on karate.

that is like me talking shit on russian wrestling while recommending sambo.

or talking shit on kung fu and recommending wing tsun (wing tsun is garbage, by the way)
>>
>>35276997
>If you punch someone with a boxing technique, you will probably break your hand.
what the fuck?
you can practice punching on objects harder than faces.

as long as your wrist is straight (not straight to your forearm, press a board against the back of your hand and straighten your wrist to it, if you are confused), and you land your punch on your two primary knuckles, you should be absolutely fine.

i practiced punching concrete for a while to deaden nerve endings and build scar tissue.

got a mild fracture one time when i went overboard with it, but if you keep your punches mild, instead of punching as hard as you absolutely can, you can totally punch concrete with a good amount of force, and not break anything.
>>
I'd say boxing / muay thai + some kind of grapling like judo or jiu jitsu.

A lot of street fights end up with one guy tackling the other or both stumbling and falling down, so you really want to know what to do on the ground. However it is extremly dangerous being on the ground, since if there is an additional attacker he can just stomp the shit out of your head while you grapple with the orginal oppnent. This is why you shouldnt try to initiate some kind of ground fighting on your own - but rely on puches. Kicks alway have a risk of getting you off balance and you might fall and the whole being on the ground problem arises again. So punching all the way I would say.

Also running away if you have the opportuniy is the best
>>
Muy Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the best combination
>>
>>35277210
>but if you keep your punches mild, instead of punching as hard as you absolutely can
Yeah but in a street fight you WILL punch as hard as you can. While the nose and jaw are soft enough to safely punch the other anon is correct that breaking hands is very common for punches to the head. The top of the skull is extremly hard, so if the person is putting their hand down in defense and you punch against it with full force your hand can be severly damaged
>>
>>35277260
You never been in a fight before.

Every boxer knows a jab is much more effective than a haymaker.
>>
>>35277276
Maybe, point being that a joint lock or blood choke or body throw has a lot less chance to get injured.
>>
Wong chii waka wo IMO. Its a hidden tehnique, that only a few people master..
>>
>>35276966
MMA and Juititsu are bullshit. Krav and Samba are killers. Fuck the rest. Most people that you will come across as teachers or "masters" are full of shit anyways. Go where you feel you are learning. Your journey will guide you. Or some shit like that.
>>
>>35276923
The best one is the one you actually enjoy doing and actually practice.

I dont give a fuck if thats aikido or boxing.

Youre way better at it if you like it.

I personally love judo but do boxing on the side. I hate it so in a defense situation id rather use judo.
>>
File: tip.gif (1MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
tip.gif
1MB, 230x172px
>>35277441
>Krav and Samba are killers.
>>
>>35276923
In real life no "martial arts" will make use of the fact that it is real life.
Its a sport and sports have rules and things like fairness.
What you want is self defense, no rules only surviving and lots of cheap and dirty tricks.
Though I would advise you to do basic boxing, so you get the basics of how to punch and guard.
>>
You don't want to learn a Martial Art for "self defense" perse. Yes a martial art can give you the base and tools to defend yourself, but you need to train for SELF DEFENSE. Most martial arts teach you how to compete in a competitive environment with rules present, where as learning actual self defense teaches you how to save your life. Martial arts are about "Self perfection" and Self defense is about "Self protection".

Mr. MMA isn't shit if he doesn't have situational awareness and ends up getting gutted like a trout or knocked in the head with a brick.
>>
>>35276966
>jiu jutsu
>not asian
>>
Gun-fu

Pepper spray-jutsu
>>
>>35276923
Is it a common occurrence for you to be assaulted in the street?
Anyway, judo. Hit someone with a planet, and they'll stay down.
>>
Krav Maga. It's literally made to get yourself out of the situation ASAP. A second is Aikido, but then again, you're just hurrying them down the ground before running away. So, Krav Maga.
>>
>>35276923
gun fu is probably best
but if you must be a faggot who wants to believe you can kill with your bare hands:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combatives#Modern_Army_Combatives
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Martial_Arts_Program
>>
Krav Maga

shotokan karate

Jiu Jitsu

kick boxing

Muay Thai

Boxing

BJJ

Everyone else is wrong.
>>
>>35277507

Horseshit. Nobody can fight with aikido and thousands of people enjoy it.

You personally love a style that works and do another style that works on the side. You have no idea what it's like to feel the pain of devoting your life to bullshit.
>>
>>35277903

Why would you expect the most heavily armed motherfuckers on Earth to be the ones who know how to fight unarmed?

You literally spend more time making your bed in the military than you do training H2H.
>>
>>35276923
Pretty sure dutch style kickboxing would be the best striking art for real-life self defense. I read somewhere a long time ago about a guy trying to pull a muay thai clinch on someone in the street and getting stabbed. Something that keeps you far away from your opponent would be fine.
>>
>>35276923
there is no such thing as the most effective martial arts... only an effective student
>>
>>35278002
Fucking aikido. In some ways it's like the Mormonism of MA "Have you heard the good news of our fighting system for self defense, we will workshop for low to no pay". And then in others it's like a VD where they stick bits of Aikido into legit martial arts. Especially if the MA already has an issue with McDojos or sheisters. Like I have yet to attend an actual wing tsun class that wasn't aikido and maybe a tiny bit of striking that sort of maybe sounded like wing tsun but wasn't anything.
>>
>>35276923
In most self defense cases pepper spray is all you need.

If I was going to learn to fight "effectively" I would just focus on boxing.
>>
>>35276923
i see alot of these people have no respect for anything but what they love, i did karate for 7-8 years and have done different types of martial arts most of my life, all asian based unarmed combat. over the years i gave up on training under someone coz the traditional ways are lost. all i can say is find something you enjoy, and do lots of conditioning and sparing, and delicate yourself to being a martial artist. not a fighter, and you beat any person who think their style makes them superior
>>
KRAV MAGA HANDS DOWN MOTHER FUCKER.
>>
As long as it's not a mcdojo, learning anything will help you
>>
A Gun

>>35278424

Krav Blaha is for soccer moms
>>
>tfw only martials arts club at my college is aikido
no way this shit would actually work, but at least it's fun
>>
>>35276923
Pipebombs
>>
You cant really go wrong with boxing if all you have to worry about is drunk dudebros
>>
>>35276923

BJJ is the best one, specially since you can stop the fight without having to injure anyone or get injured yourself.
>>
File: equilibrium_21[1].jpg (12KB, 426x166px) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium_21[1].jpg
12KB, 426x166px
>>35277441
>Samba

>>35277720
>gun-fu
That's the fedora tipping version of Gun-Kata

Also make sure to check 'em

>>35277903
>Combatives
Combatives is pretty basic bro. My coach helped create it. Here's what his background is mostly in: Shooto/Catch Wrestling, Muay Thai, Collegiate Wrestling, Kali, JKD, MMA, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
>>
>>35280153
>Come into my guard bro
>>
The best martial art is the one you stick with and practice.
>>
Whats the most effective martial art to outright kill someone ?
>>
Wrestling. No homo tho
>>
>>35280277
MMA. Most style don't teach ground and pound. Plus there are also a few submissions you could use to kill.
>>
File: pipebomb.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
pipebomb.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
>>35277148
>there are people on /fit/ RIGHT NOW who learned how to box instead of learning how to make and properly place a pipe bomb
>>
>>35280301
How is MMA a martial art?

It literally stands for mixed martial arts and is all encompassing.
>>
>>35276923
Gun
>>
>>35276966
>krav manga

the crossfit equivalent of martial arts
>>
Done Krav Maga for 13 years. Never used the physical part (just the threat assessment/diffusing situation lessons) but believe me it's 100% the most effective self defense system if you're not retarded and don't think learning one gun/knife disarm means you can fight a gun.

Actually fuck it the best self defense is your god damned brain. Don't run your bitch ass mouth, don't be a tough guy even if you know you can take him, don't walk down alleyways at night, etc.

But yeah Krav is the best.
>>
>>35277185
Wing Chunnis garbage until like four years of training. The curriculum is built on slow, long-term progress and literally does nothing useful until all of a sudden the foundation comes together and you're not a lumbering tard with your balance/dexterity/speed etc.

But yeah trash until then, then God tier in stand up fighhts alone (yet when god tier you shouldn't be falling).
>>
The art of dick squeezing, he can't hit you if your squeezing his dick
>2015 not mastering the dick squeeze
>>
Coming from somebody who does kickboxing and jiu jitsu, I would say without a doubt the best thing to learn for random street fights/self defense, is regular boxing. Hands down. Not only is it all you will need against everyday dumbasses or criminals, it is some of the absolute hardest cardio I've ever done. You will get fit as fuck, and have no problems quickly ending something with someone who doesn't really know what you're doing. If you're actually good at boxing you can easily beat up 2 at a time.
>>
Just suck his dick
>>
>>35280480
I do not understand this thread at all. I believe op is asking if for if, hands down, the situation has escalated into a fight. Not starting fights is common sense. Krav Maga is retarded, and you are being ripped off.
>>
>>35280578
Hey man that's your opinion and that's cool. Lots of schools of many styles are mcdojo's and with Krav's increase in popularity it's our generation's version of Karate in the 70's, so yeah, a lot of people are getting watered down tai-bo or some shit. However, actual Israeli Krav-Maga is effective. It sucks your idea of it has been so impacted, and I'm sorry.

Either way Krav is good shit, and very much can end a fight (true Krav teaches eye gouges, ear tips, etc) yet so are lots of martial arts when applied correctly. Have a nice night Anon
>>
>>35280635
Ear rips, lol
>>
File: 1449192794259.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1449192794259.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>35276960
Kek
>>
>>35276923
Attributes that are important in self defense (most important ones first):

1)general idea what to do so you dont lose your shit(i.e how to throw a punch, what is a guard)
2)being used to getting hit so you dont panic
3)size and strength/weight: weight is extremely important in a fight. dont underestimate it, even if it is pure fat (as long as it is not so much that it is basically a disability)
4)technique: i.e. ground movement, kicks more advanced then a frontkick, being good at boxing....)

how to aquire these attributes in a sensible manner:
1)join a boxing/kickboxing/ mma gym/krav maga gym. important is that they do sparring and that you do the sparring too. this will give you attrbutes 1+2
2) if you are small or the machinist mode, that is a problem. that means that you have to work on it. eat, lift. if you fear that the other person may be stronger/bigger work on your groundwork/do BJJ aditionally. for BJJ motivation, watch those early ufc fights with the gracies wrecking everyone.

technique has a higher importance for women as the attacks on women are different (typical guy self defense: some guy drunkenly attacks you outside of a bar. you will probably need some boxing/kickboxing. thats all the technique required. typical girl self defense: some guy grabs her wrist. she needs technique to get away.)

a krav maga gym will be best by far for self defense techniques. many, however, neglige sparring.

TL;DR: find some martial art that is not a stupid maymay and try to get as much sparring in as you can.
>>
>>35280480

le baitu was already rused ITT, Jennifer. you're not needed here.
>>
>>35280721
Wow is not liking Krav a meme now or something this vitriol is new to me
>>
>>35280507
>wing chun is great
>noone in professional fights does wing chun
>but it is still great
lmaoing at the thought of brock lesnar chainpunching
>>
>>35280635
You sound like a nice guy, but yeah I'm talking about your mcdojo soccer mom Krav Maga. I'd assume the real thin, though hard to find, would be very effective.
>>
>>35280771
Wing chun is also not designed for sport fighting or ring use but your opinion has been noted :))
>>
>>35280807
Trust me, I started over a decade ago at the only gym available for miles. The instructor is a short buff reaaaally hairy dude with a thick accent but he taught good Krav. Very little frills. A lot of drilling. It is a thin percentage nowadays, sadly.
>>
>>35276923
Hokuto no ken
>>
>>35280827
I wanna take Krav but I feel like I'm gonna get cucked at a Mcdojo.. How do I make sure I'm not getting cucked? What do I look for? After I finish my bulk gonna start fighting for my cut.
>>
>>35277720
This combined with a knowledge of local self defense laws and some good sprinting legs.
>>
>>35276952
Answer all the above
>>
>>35280856
We drilled a lot. We did not do frilly shit like talk. We had an intense warm up, and every lesson emphasized "strike very hard and then run as soon as you know they can't chase you". If they sell you effective gun and knife defenses WITHOUT the "run away/use as last resort" part, and then especially if they aren't emphasizing muscle memory and a very brutal vicious counterattack strategy, they're fake.
>>
>>35280879
I live in Vancouver and we have a shit ton of Mcdojos. This one a lot of my friends went to in high school is a boxing gym with glove colors( no sparring till blue). My one friend who fights said Krav is 99% bullshit.

I just dont wanna get cucked man.
>>
>>35276923
Forget everything else in this thread

If it comes to this, just offer to suck the attackers dick. Not just offer, INSIST
You must be aggressive about this
The attacker will eventually just leave in confusion

This is both the most effective and the most /fit/ solution
>>
>>35280808
yeah its a sport designed to rip off dumb weeaboos
>>
>>35280902
We sparred after the first year, and all 'fights' began with you being attacked in some way (choked, tackled, hair pull, wrist grab/pull). Honestly there should never ever ever be a toe to toe fight in real life. Of you had time to square up, you had time to bitch out and avoid conflict. If he attacks you still then it's your ball game because he's come into your realm. A good school for Krav has to focus on not wasting time. Literally my first day ever was 'how to groin kick' properly, and never a week went by where that wasn't an option in our self defense.

You can separate a counterattack into two parts. The disengage and the finish. If choked, priority A is removing the hands from your neck, B is disabling attacker with a swiss army knife of options depending on size/resolution of disengage in relation to attacker.

Glove colors is the gayest thing I've ever heard. Just disgusting
>>
>>35280934
Salty
>>
>>35280709

Good advice, thanks!
>>
>>35276923

track and field
>>
>>35280985
Fite me fgt
>>
>>35280902
not the guy you replied to but:
a) (good) krav will teach you a lot of techniques that are just not in normal martial arts (from classics like getting your arm out of a grip over to ground techniques with no rules (probably very fun against mma guys) to gun defense, basic self defense laws, and how to resist getting pulled into a car.

(good) krav will teach you how to behave in real life crime scenarios. however, some techniques will only matter when you are either a girl or a target of crime (i.e. very rich) (when else does a normal adult male get dragged into a car?)

how to know quality:
a) they do drills
b) they emphazise real life scenarios
c) basic self defense laws/ guidelines (running away) are mentioned

>>35280957
this guy knows whats up.

however, if you do krav maga, many gyms (even decent ones) dont do sparring. I would recommend getting some boxing/kickboxing sparring experience to get a feel for the real thing. its more for the head and for getting used to getting punched though
>>
>>35280420
olympic shooting is a sport. But isnt it also a martial art?
>>
>>35281052
>>35280957

Sounds like some good advice. Ill ask to sit and watch some classes at a few studios and see if its what you say. I dont wanna be one of those "le edgy meme fiter who will f00k u up instead of using words" I just wanna know how to defend myself if one of those cunts doesn't leave me alone.
>>
>>35276923
Most effective; Boxing, because it's simple and effective.
you see, you don't need to kick in a fight, neither do you need fucking headlocks, you just need to punch.

Then comes MMA: It's a combination of martial arts, it includes:judo and kickboksing.

And the most fun is muay tai or thaiboxing.
It's kicking, kneeing, punching and delivering elbows.

But for a simple streethfight, boxing will be all you need.
It also has more focus on footwork, which is a big plus.

Don't do krav Maga, a friend of mine did it and it's not an attack form, you'd be better of following Bujinkan ninjutsu, as it has the same concept, but you'll get to use swords as well as knifes.

I've followed all of the above and i'm currently planning to follow boxing again, because of the aforementioned reason.
>>
File: eafWT61.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
eafWT61.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>35281188
>kickboksing
>>
File: 1443564491446.gif (404KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1443564491446.gif
404KB, 342x342px
>>35281199
Bruh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhzTx89a4gE
>>
I would argue pa kua and aikido/hapkido would even you out against an opponent of any size as those disciplines are about redirecting momentum
>>
Also, firaz zahabi, trainer of several top UFC fighters makes great breakdowns on street self-defence from the perspective of practical shit, not the psuedo-martial arts kung fu monkey paw bullshit that some people spew.
>>
Savate
>>
>>35281188

Great advice!

What are /fit/'s thoughts about muay thai? What should I look for in a good muay thai teacher?
>>
>>35276923

I love Bruce Lee!
>>
>>35276923

Wing Chun is underrated.
>>
>>35276923
A gun.

A gun is the most effecient martial art for self protection
>>
Boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling.

Anything chink can be disregarded. Anything Japanese with the exceptions of judo and kyokushin (and offshoots) can be disregarded. Anything jew can be disregarded. Anything clapistani can be disregarded. Sambo is based but you're unlikely unless you live around Russians.

>>35281481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9FJQ1ykn0M

>>35281503
Actually the best martial arts, in order:
>don'tbeacunt-fu
>don'tliveinashithole-jitsu
>parkour
>>
>>35281188
>Bujinkan ninjutsu
You realise that shit is literally made up in the 70s, right? There is zero evidence of it existing before hatsumi and his "connections" to the styles in which he supposedly holds menkyo kaiden/soke are controversial at best.
>>
You all are fags. Wing Chun is way too technical for sport fighters to bother with. That's not to say I'm lauding over how great it is, but the learning curve IS steep and it is worth learning if you have the time.
>>
File: thumbnail_crop[1].jpg (73KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_crop[1].jpg
73KB, 600x400px
>>35281617
>Anything Japanese with the exceptions of judo and kyokushin (and offshoots) can be disregarded

>He doesn't even know the best Japanese martial art

What a fucking pleb, why are you giving advice here?
>>
>>35281671
I don't advise shooto because the odds of finding it outside of Japan are about as high as shitting a gold nugget.
>>
kekking at these children saying krav maga, try fighting someone trained in a real martial art with your cookie cutter army recruit training... you will literally get destroyed.

Boxing + Wresting + BJJ = best
>>
>>35281695
Wrestling*
>>
>>35281681
I guess I shat a gold nugget in the middle of nowhere in Colorado and then again when I moved home. Ironically my first coach's coach fought my current coach.
>>
>>35281728
In any event it's not significantly different to MMA aside from more of a catch wrestling flavour over bjj.

Source: training at a shooto joint in tokyo.
>>
File: implying.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>35281638
>You realise that shit is literally made up in the 70s
Same goes for kickboksing, MMA, Krav Maga and some others, but you don't see us bitching about those.
Ninjutsu, i assume you don't know jack about it, is -a mixed martial art form that uses all of the Japanese martial arts-.
It also uses techniques to disarm opponents wether they're equipped with knifes, swords or guns.
The correct term for ninjutsu would be Japanese Tactics of Warfare.
If you look at video's of it you'll see that they use elements from Aikido, Judo, Kendo, Jiu Jutsu, etc.

So before you say some mainstream shit like:" ninja's aren't real." you should focus on the actual art instead of the lore, because no matter what you investigate, the lore is always bullshit, but the subject itself usually stands like a house.

(Ancient) Japanese War Tactics.
Judo, Aikido, Jiu Jutsu, Kendo, Karate, etc were originally part of 1 branch, but got seperated in the 19th century, so one could see ninjutsu as an reinstallment of the ancient times.
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 577x1024px
Muay Thai
>>
If I can bench 290, squat 335, deadlift 360, barbell curl 135 at a body weight of 150, will I have an advantage over a regular how since I'm as strong but much more agile?
>>
>>35281748

Krav Maga is literal garbage.
MMA is literal garbage.
Muay Thai is better than kickboxing.
>>
>>35281747
Of course not. I enjoy the catch wrestling. A lot of the earlier pioneers in MMA were really shoot fighters anyways. That's part of the reason my coach has been able to do so well. He was training in a pre-made MMA system before the UFC existed.

What gym?
>>
>>35281748
Except it's not. Literally every connection he claims so jujutsu school has been demonstrated false. This happened when he approached to kobudo association to become a member, they asked for scrolls and he couldn't provide any. It's utter bullshit and provides nothing but naruto LARP.
>>
>>35281797
Kingdom Ergheiz in Sekisekisakuragaoka. They've got another gym in Tachikawa which is better equipped but it's a bit of a pain to get there.
>>
>>35276923
learn how to take a hit

in 90% of situations this will be all you need
>>
Just kick them in the dick.
>>
>>35281784
I know, exept that MMA isn't that bad, it actually helped a lot in terms of ground fighting.
It was very fullfilling to mount someone and beat the crap out of him.
Muay thai is fun, but you'll only use punching and clinching (holding and kneeing) in a streetfight.
>>
>>35281806
Like i said: The lore is probably shit, but the artform itself is effective.
And who in their right minds follows a martial art for it's lore rather than it's effectiveness?
Besides that, there's no Naruto shit involved, i wish it were, would be awesome to learn some Shadowclone jutsu shit, so i can be in multiple places at the same time like a qwantum particle
>>
>>35281855
>artform itself is effective.
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1445389563157.gif (422KB, 440x285px) Image search: [Google]
1445389563157.gif
422KB, 440x285px
>>35281875
>[citation needed]
Here's your citation:
"Ninjutsu, i assume you don't know jack about it, is -a mixed martial art form that uses all of the Japanese martial arts-.
It also uses techniques to disarm opponents wether they're equipped with knifes, swords or guns.
The correct term for ninjutsu would be Japanese Tactics of Warfare.
If you look at video's of it you'll see that they use elements from Aikido, Judo, Kendo, Jiu Jutsu, etc."

Also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bujinkan
You can see that the focal point of Hatsumi's ninjutsu is Budo, budo, is the art the samurai's used - before it got divided into judo, karate, kendo, etc - like i explained above.
>>
>>35281980
Feel free to provide footage of full contact sparring or ninjutsu being used in any non-compliant setting.
>>
>>35276923
Krav maga. If someone attacks you on the street, you should assume they have the capability to severely injured or kill you. Arm yourself with the same capabilities.
>>
>>35282046
Why are you advising him to do krab magoo then telling him not to?
>>
File: 14350452389900.jpg (58KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
14350452389900.jpg
58KB, 510x510px
>>35276923
Knife.
/thread

When will all you betas learn? Martial art is not something to defend yourself, it's just a fun thing to do. Some sort of sport/hobby etc.
>>
>>35277441
>Samba
It's sambO you stupid fuck.
>>
File: salty spitoon.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
salty spitoon.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
I've done some martial arts and I've been in and witnessed multiple serious fights due to spending my young adulthood in drug rings (for scale, a guy was stabbed through the bottom of his jaw, blade in his mouth, and that didn't even end the fight)

>tl;dr Boxing, pushing kick and lifting.

The best martial art is lifting. The whole idea behind martial arts is to be able to defeat someone stronger and you need to be at high level to be able to do that, and if that someone stronger also knows martial arts, well aren't you fucked then.

Martial arts work and don't work in different scenarios. Jiujitsu is great for 1v1, but is horrible in 1v2. Kicks are useless in closed spaces. Judo is 50% effective if opponent's clothes aren't grabbable or rip. Boxing sucks if the fight starts with someone strong just grabbing you. Kicks are useful (or rather your best option) if opponent has a knife but most of the time not really.
Simply being strong always works though, whether you are drunk, against a skilled or unskilled opponent, against one or many, on grass or asphalt, whatever, and you don't even have to choose between strength and skills.

If you want techniques, then go with boxing. Boxing works against most every type of fighter and situations, it's a really dominating standing art, you won't even realize it until you've faced a boxer.
Pushing kick is pretty much the only useful kick in real situations. It's easy to land due to it's overly simplistic motion and it ends the fight most of the time. A strong pushing kick sends the guy flying across the room and on the ground, which is when you stomp on them to finish. It's also a neat option to have because you don't have to go face first into a coked up opponent who may or may not be carrying a knife. Won me two fights.
Don't take it for granted though, spend at least a few hours practicing it with a heavy bag, otherwise you don't know how to lean into the kick and you just push yourself back instead of your opponent.
>>
>>35281855
>who in their right minds follows a martial art for it's lore rather than it's effectiveness
In their right minds? In 2015 everyone.
>>
File: 1444940473087.gif (2MB, 426x319px) Image search: [Google]
1444940473087.gif
2MB, 426x319px
>>35282034
What you're implying goes for aikido and kendo as well.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV64OIN7YY8
I showed you this, because the one thing that is most important for this to work is speed.
If you fail to grasp the concept of martial arts then it won't work, this why even black belt karatekas can still fight like shit.
Just because you know a style doesn't mean that you can beat everyones ass.

But you want this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcKwuDhIIR8
>>
File: 1449727926264.gif (277KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1449727926264.gif
277KB, 480x270px
>>35282145
Fucking millenials
>>
>>35276966
Judo, aikido and jiu jitsu are pretty efective for street fighting desu fsmilia since they all focused on grappling
>>
>>35282165
But aikido and kendo are ineffective.

I asked for non-complaint and you posted slow motion scripted dances.
>>
>>35282173
>aikido
top kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLP_DInpPHE
>>
>>35282126
How does it feel to front kick someone? I've only had someone use a front kick against me once, and it absolutely destroyed me. I kinda walked right into it and must have gotten smashed right on my sternum or something, because I went down and couldn't breathe for a legit minute
>>
>>35282171
>implying to spend years of practise to have a little probability of defending myself in hypothetical situation somewhere in future is somewhat smart
Go buy a knife, kiddo. The only reason to practise martial arts in 2015 is for pleasure.
>>
>>35282191
It feels amazing. The only better feeling is landing a clean back kick in the liver because you know exactly what you're going to see when you turn around.
>>
File: 1444984154084.gif (1023KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1444984154084.gif
1023KB, 264x320px
>>35282177
For the techniques they use.
Analyse the techniques, nonjutsu is about immobilizing someone (or multiple people) with as little effort as possible.
it's not something where you can hold matches, because it is supposed to end in 1 or 2 fluid movements.
You're supposed to break a arm as soon as it swings to you, so how can you show something like that in a non scripted event?
It's not watered down, it's quite pure.
>>
>>35282191
You really don't want to get hit by any kick by a skilled opponent, it doesn't even matter which one. The problem with kicks is landing a proper hit, not the power behind them. This is why I recommend pushing kick, it's dirt simple to land.

But about how it feels, front kick just sinks into the opponent, like kicking a firm pillow. Just like with punches, the feeling of transfer of energy is really satisfying. The more energy you sink into the opponent, the better it feels, and kicks have a lot of it.
>>
>>35277210
Deaden the nerves in your knuckles? nigga, you full retard, bruh

OP, learn the ins and outs of a strong muay thai clinch paired with dirty boxing. If your lifting stats are on points, in combination with those two things, you will turn someone's lights out; and it takes less than six months to develop a thorough grasp of each.
>>
>>35277664
It's Brazillian
>>
>>35282216
https://youtu.be/wkGSPn_yoLA?t=32

Your turn.
>>
>>35282194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym7s9nxu010
>>
>>35282233
Man, this english voicework sucks so hard.
>>
>>35282069
>memes that should die for 100
>>
File: 1444087334229.gif (2MB, 663x603px) Image search: [Google]
1444087334229.gif
2MB, 663x603px
>>35282232
Won't work on the street at all, unless you're willing to slam yourself on the concrete, in which case good luck!
No, then ninjutsu's better, because it focusses on fighting while standing, iv'e learned to break a man's shoulder in 3 places, while standing and in under 5 seconds.
You'll get to learn fun shit like misusing a person point of gravity and how to break all joints by knowing how they work.
All while standing on your feet.
Using these 2 points will make it very easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTuzrQ-gkTU
>>
>>35282295
Is that character in the gif from a video game or something? It looks familiar but I can't remember from what.
>>
>>35282295
i did ninjitsu once, the instructor couldn't brake my grip on a demonstration he pick me for. i didn;t return after that
>>
File: 1446419329319.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446419329319.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>35282324
You're there to learn techniques.
What purpose does it serve to not let your teacher perform techniques on you for you to learn?
>>
>>35282321
It's Lucina form Super Smash Bros
>>
>>35282295
>standing waki gatame
>it doesn't work on the street because you need to go to the ground
Yep, you're retarded. Enjoy the koolaid though, Sasuke.
>>
i can move my hands faster than the average eye can follow, i can land a punch before the average person can see it coming, if you find a traditional style you will be taught knowledge the western world neglects. as history has proven fire power is no match for the cunning. and any real martial artist knows that the real battle is not in the ring, but in the minds. if any of you seriously think you have met someone who is a martial artist think again. if you are a martial artis you are nothing else, it is an art and you artist. just because you draw occasionally doesn't make you an artist, just coz you train sometimes doesn't make you a martial artist. look at the shaolin monks, can snap spears with their necks, i mean the real ones not the pansy westernized bunch. ki exists, think of it as the charge in your nerve system. learning to control the flow of this gives us greater control over how we use our bodies and as we increase our bodies potential/strength this charge becomes more effective.
test done on some martial artists and people with different skills (i cant quote these test it was something i read years back, look it up for yourself if you don't believe me) had the electric current in their brain monitored and were able to safely produce significantly more electrical activity than an epileptic experiencing a fit. learn to control your energy properly and any style you do will be effective in any situation
>>
File: shitposting.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
32KB, 250x250px
>>35280918
Underrated post, desu
>>
File: pants.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
pants.webm
2MB, 480x480px
Best self-defense technique here.
>>
File: 1444109160569.gif (2MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
1444109160569.gif
2MB, 480x292px
>>35282412
Ah yes, - standing - waki gatame.
Explain to me why did they all ended up on the ground senpai?
>>
>>35276923
Anyone that has a good teacher really. This is not an issue of "style". The styles will disappear in time as you learn how to control your body and you will learn from other styles as well (if you practice martial arts for a sufficient amount of time (given that you like doing it and not doing just for the sake of so called self defence"))
>>
>>35277236
> Also running away if you have the opportuniy is the best

This guy gets it. What's the best way to win a fight? Cross the road, avoid, etc.

>>35277260
Just go to an emergency room on a Fri or Sat night and see all the guys who fucked up their hands throwing a punch. Some of that damage can be longterm (eg, nerve damage).
>>
>>35281980
> ... like I asserted above.
Fixed. You're welcome, Anon.
>>
File: 1444110684172.gif (977KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444110684172.gif
977KB, 500x281px
>>35282559
>asserted
Kek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_martial_arts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud%C5%8D#Typical_budo_styles
>>
>>35282098

lol, just imagined dancing as self-defense

btw, capoeira isn't particularly effective, but is really fun and good for your health.
>>
>>35277210
Lol. I'd rather have a broken hand then get knocked out
>>
If one unarmed guy is coming at you Brazilian Jiu jitsu is the best. But you should really learn all sorts of techniques. Go to do boxing, learn muay thai, train at mma gyms.
>>
A gun
>>
>>35282415
Gtfo copy pasta faggit
>>
>>35282324
You should go to a real boy jiu jitsu school or mma gym. If you learned some technique to go along with your strength you could really rek some nerds.
>>
>>35282295
Ninjitsu. Lol go outside stupid nerd
>>
>>35282226
No retard jiu-jitsu jitsu started in japan. Bjj is just judo with throws taken out
>>
>>35282974
Judo originated from jiu jitsu in the 19th century.
It's jiu jutsu without punching and kicking.
>>
>>35282974
This idiot never saw mma
>>
The most underrated one:

Miko Kung Fu, if you are Bulgarian go for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQwWQokuFDU
>>
File: Kravmaga.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kravmaga.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>35276923
All these styles are BS, this is the best martial art.
>>
>>35283002
I think the confusing is stemming from the romanisation method.

Generally bjj is referred to as jiujitsu and traditional jujutsu is referred to as jujutsu. Judo was derived from Kano mixing a couple styles of jujutsu (one was tenjin shinyo ryu and the name of the other escapes me) and some wrestling for good measure. One of his students then went on a tour taking challenges from all comers to promote "kano jujutsu" as it was called at that point. He then trained Helio and the other huehue who every forgets because he's not a gracie. Helio further adapted kano jujutsu which, by this point, was known as "judo" and started teaching it as jiujitsu due to the different romanisation method used by huehues.
>>
>>35281784
Depends on the kickboxing. I think muay thai can be too general in a lot of ways. They know how to place their kicks and punches but their actual technique esp for punching is shite. So I think if you took boxing and something like boxing for the legs you'd do a lot better.

Looking into it a lot of muay thai people who've tried boxing seem to start using their legs while in a boxing ring. I assume they're retarded or maybe they're still so unused to fighting and Mt that they panic a lot, but I honestly wouldn't expect this to be a problem for most people. Or take boxing before mt
>>
>>35283312
That's interesting. So is that also out of Vale Tudo like BJJ and Luta Livre then?
>>
>>35283331
Vale Tudo translates as "anything goes" or "no rules" from memory.

Basically it was the 2deadly cage fighting from the movies but without the killing. Eye gouging, biting, groin attacks, etc. It has since become to BR MMA promotion to my understanding just using the rep associated with the name and uses essentially unified rules. There may be some "no holds barred" shit floating around BR but who the fuck knows?

As an interesting side note, the usual mma spec (bjj + MT etc) also dominated in 2deadly version Vale Tudo and all the 2deadly dancers (wing chun et al) and RBSD LARPers (krav and co) got their shit pushed in.
>>
>>35283331
Oh Luta Livre is BR WWE.
>>
Wu Shu, no contest.

if you are ready to dedicate your whole life to it
>>
>>35283507
>martial arts themed rhythmic gymnastics
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>35283517
Fools may intend to insist whatever current trend "learn few moves" martial art is they think most effective.

Wu Shu (entirety of it) is the only actually thing worth naming "martial art".

All other current "martial arts" are shortcuts for clumsy, slow and dumb.
>>
>>35281784

You need to stop using that word.
>>
>>35283360
>As an interesting side note, the usual mma spec (bjj + MT etc) also dominated in 2deadly version Vale Tudo and all the 2deadly dancers (wing chun et al) and RBSD LARPers (krav and co) got their shit pushed in.
That's quite interesting. I still have some (probably misplaced) faith in wing tsun, probably because I tried to find a class as a kid and never found anything decent. I think it may have its place close close range but pre clinch/grappling like Joe Frazier range in boxing, but if it's historically badly lost out to bjj then that suggests it's not great to useless.

One thing I've started wondering about is if Lutra Livre might be better for no gi than BJJ or Judo but I guess that's probably already in no gi training anyway. Plus I assume if anyone wasn't wearing a gi in Vale tudo it was the Lutra livre guys so again maybe not so great
>>
>>35283507
>if you are ready to dedicate your whole life to it
There's two ways I can see to take that and neither are good
1. You want to be able to defend yourself pre deathbed
2 You mean you have to be happy about being killed in a fight and becoming a wushu martyr. For most people a negative outcome.

I don't even think wushu is necessarily bad desu.
>>
>>35283579
Like 90% of judo techniques work no problem in no gi. I've personally done ogoshi (hip throw) in no gi while wearing 14oz gloves. Bjj also has an extensive no gi competition scene.

Wing chun is straight up bullshit. The only range for which you can make an argument for it is grappling range and it has no grappling defense.
>b-but muh 12-6 elbow
Video related. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjK0g-cDJI4
>>
>>35283360
>RBSD LARPers (krav and co) got their shit pushed in.
1)source?
2) under which rules? because iirc. vale tudo had rules.
>>
File: huge ura nage.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
huge ura nage.gif
2MB, 360x203px
>>35276966

Yeah, learning how to do jap shit like this would be terrible.

Any hard sparring, non compliant, competitive martial art is good.

Judo/Bjj/Sambo/Wrestling + Boxing/MuayThai/Kyokushin

Or just a good MMA gym.

Don't fall for the Krav meme. Krav is for old fat weirdos who can't spar with actual athletes, and would rather jerk off to "muh mindset" nigger-assault fantasies.
>>
>>35276923
Self defence instructor here.
Kick boxing and JKD are the best for learning to defend yourself in a street fight against most dirty attacks.
If you just want to learn to throw a proper punch, take up boxing and you should know how to punch and how to take a punch within 6 months.
In reality if you have done any training for 6 months and are in good shape, you shouldn't lose to anyone who hasn't trained in fighting.

Also its pretty important that you train under someone who knows their shit and that they (or assistants who are qualified) can pay enough attention to you to correct anything you do wrong (practising things wrong means you spend more time undoing them), and don't do a traditional martial art that doesn't incorporate sparring or hitting objects into the lessons, you would be surprised how many people out there have black belts in Karate but have never kicked someone.
>>
File: O soto gari quick.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
O soto gari quick.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>35277903

I'm a fit, career milfag trained in all of that Krav Magoyim/CQC horseshit. Whenever I tried to roll with Judo or BJJ guys, I got ragdolled and mauled by skinny potheads and middle-aged dadbodies. Now I train Judo, and I can honestly tell you I'm ten times the fighter.

Military martial arts styles are designed to give a conscript enough basic fighting knowledge and aggression so that he can attack the enemy while disarmed, and distract that enemy long enough for his armed friends to shoot him. It's the same philosophy behind training guys to draw fire, rush machine gun nests,etc. Unit victory over individual victory.

You guys my cream your pants over Krav Marketing, but the guys who get paid to train it choose to spend their money and free time training other shit (Judo, MMA, Boxing, etc) That should be a pretty big hint to you.
>>
>>35283698
>Self defence instructor here
That doesn't mean much, chief.
>>
>>35283698
I also meant to add, MMA is a terrible idea as it doesn't prepare you for dirty fighting, if you aren't prepared to hit someone in the soft areas or be hit in a soft area, you are preparing to fail.
>>
>>35283703
Confirming this. I have a mate who is a lieutenant with two tours of Iraq under his belt. He came to train with me and got his shit pushed in by a 38 year old, slightly overweight accountant.
>>
>>35283706
Black belt in JKD, black belt in boxing, did Judo for a year and worked in security for 5 years.
OP asked
>If somebody attacks you on the street what is the best martial art you can use to protect yourself and stop the attacker?
I provided pointers for learning to defend yourself, martial arts is a big circle jerk and everyone will shout "mine is the best" but seldom used it to actually defend themselves outside of their dojo, most martial arts don't even involve sparring, its all well and good knowing how to chop someone in the neck, but if you freeze when someone winds back to throw a slog at you, you wasted your time.
>>
File: aoki break.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
aoki break.gif
2MB, 500x300px
Here is the highest ranked Krav instructor in Canada, training his Krav Magoyim students how to unstoppable 2deadly fight commandos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHbe1jSYxFU

It's shit. It's highly marketed shit. Stop falling for it.
>>
>>35283751
>black belt in boxing
M8...
>>
>>35283776
meant to type kick boxing, my bad, I must have CTRL + backspaced when I mis spelled it.
>>
>>35283751
>black belt in boxing
lmao WHAT
why do people pretend in stuff like this
>>
>>35283778
Blackbelt in kickboxing
M8...
>>
>>35283790
see >>35283778

>>35283795
What are your qualifications then pal?
God forbid someone on /fit/ actually knows how to punch.
>>
>>35283716
did he try to gouge your eyes or hit your genitals? because if he didn't, he isnt doing it correctly.

EDIT: tried to link a video of mount escape in krav, and watched some vids on jewtube. holy shit. some of the techniques are just copies of mma/bjj techniques, while some are bad copies.

can understand now why there is a dislike for it, seems that the average krav maga trainer is just an mma guy with a new license.

if you actually do krav with krav techniques, it is better...
>>
>>35283757
>highest ranked Krav instructor
there are no ranks in krav. but shit this guy sucks.

I guess the problem with krav is that there is not 1 big organisation, but tons of small ones all owned by jews. barely any quality control. everybody does his own shit. same with kickboxing, there are tons of kickboxing world champions running around because everybody has his own organisation with its own world club
>>
>>35277276
This is accurate.
In a street fight, as a used to be boxer, I would only use my left. Bare fist jabs are more then enough to end a fight, and a bare left hook is beyond that. If a trained boxer throws a full bare fist straight at someone, its likely he injures his fist. May even kill someone.
>>
Wrestling
>wrestled through middle school and high school
>take up judo as a bullshit health/PE elective in college
>easy as shit
>go to state collegiate tournament
>absolutely wreck everyone
I still don't even know the rules of Judo. The only thing I know is that you can't grab legs.

Really though it's just because you get so much competition that isn't just gay bullshit. I've tried karate and judo and all it was was a bunch of dudes going half speed doing things no one would ever do in a real fight. Wrestling is good because any halfway decent practice is just wrestling full speed against someone else doing the same thing for a couple hours.

Plus it makes you homo, so it basically goes hand-in-hand with /fit/
>>
>>35283751
JKD - has no belts
(Kick)Boxing - has no belts
Judo - has belts, but apparently you have none or you would've mentioned it

Kickboxing is a street is effective, but since you'll be focussing more and punching than kicking, it'd be best to skip kicking at all and go for boxing imo.

Coming from a guy who has done:
Judo
Muay Tai
Boxing
Pencak Silat
Capouira
Kickboxing
MMA
Ninjutsu
In the same order,
Plus i'm planning to take on karate next.
I've also sparred with many people on the street and have experience in ordinary fights as well.
No selfdefense shits, but real combat.

You can try to grab my balls with your JKD bs, but my punches will be harder.
>>
The autism is thick in here. Just get a gun, a nice holster and belt, and a carry permit. Try some chinky shit on my ass and you'll have a gun in your mouth.

Be smart and you can simply avoid 99% of bad situations. If you want to learn a martial art so you can go around picking fights in bars then you're an idiot and a douche and eventually you'll find you've brought your fists to a gun or knife fight and you'll regret it.
>>
A gun
>>
>>35276923
Muay Thai + judo or Greco

/thread
>>
>>35276923
>friend does aikido karate or something and thinks he's hot shit
>invites me to go
>show up at his church where they set up some mats
>meet some people
>middle aged dude with a brown belt offers to show me how to defend a rear choke
>faces away from me
>tells me to try to choke him from behind
>wrap my arm around his neck
>"no not like that, with your hands"
>he escapes
>I try to act impressed, but I just feel embarrassed for him
Whatever you do, don't do this.
Do some combo of striking and grappling ie boxing+wrestling. Just make sure there's hard sparring
>>
>>35284494
I cringed
>>
>>35283610
I think I'm going to go back to boxing for a bit and then try what look to he as legitimate as you could ever hope for wing tsun classes. I definitely lost faith in it after the last time I tried a class back when I was at uni. I've seen a few interesting things on youtube now tho so I'm starting to think there's something in it again. Even if it turns out to be useless I'll probs at least find the thinking about it somewhat useful. The solo training is memerific but a lot is fairly cheap and small (except the wooden dummy) so if that can help anything it's all good.
>>
>>35284494
It sounds like an aikido session.
> tfw you don't submit to their joint hold shit and they tell you to stop messing about
>>
>>35276923

Despite what the retards in this thread are saying, MMA is the most effective, though it's not a martial art. It's a combination of different martial arts that work. It's judo, boxing, kick boxing, BJJ, wrestling, etc.

If you want to wreck 99.99% of people 1v1, mma (specifically boxing, wrestling, and bjj) would be the best.
>>
I asked a couple of people at my gym who did martial arts is they had to do it over, what would they choose. Both said Bando. I have been doing some Bando Bull technique informally and find it is a brutal discipline.
>>
>>35285362

What this guy said. Why? Because it's been repeatedly tested. If the other martial arts worked they would be incorporated.

Out of everything the only martial art that allows a smaller guy to beat a larger is brazilian jiu jitsu but even then you need to be skilled and accept your face is getting smashed.
>>
>>35276923
Buy a gun you fedora-tier fag
>>
>>35283838
4th dan tkd and competed at a national level
> tkd

2 years mma, 4-1 record

A smattering of judo and bjj

2 fights on DA STREETZ and not hit once.
>>
>>35287574
International* not national
>>
>>35276923
MMA. It is a mix of various martial arts into an efficient and effective whole.

There's a fucking reason it exists. It has all the best parts from several things - the standing game from muay thai and boxing, the ground game from BJJ, etc.
>>
>>35276923
Anything that has some amount of grappling, and striking will put you miles ahead of anyone else.
I was never good at boxing, or wrestling, but the footwork, and defense I was taught between them has let me win every one of the few fights I have been in.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>35280685
>Implying MMA doesnt work.
>>
>>35276923
Turkish Oil wrestling.
>>
>>35276923
Wrestling and Strength Training. Just suplex him and squash his throat with your bare hands. Also, get big or get eaten.
>>
>>35276923
A well aimed punch to the face, as fast as possible.
Martial Arts are for peace and fitness of mind and body, not effectivity
>>
>>35276923
boxing.

everything else is a meme.
>>
Wing chun hoi
>>
>>35276923
Depends what you want op.

Having done karate I'd say shotokan is the best. Problem with karate is you get the kiddy playground clubs that just do Kata (glorified dancing) all the time and some basic goshin. Shotokan clubs will usually do more kumite (competition fighting). Problem is you get black belts who think they're hot shit but are slow and get their arses handed to them by shotokan white belts because they never learnt useful stuff.

Boxing is good as said it's fairly simple and most of the techniques are easily relatable to a street fight.

Muay thai is ok but the kicking won't be that useful in a street fight so you may as well box. Elbows and knees more useful.

Judo good so long as you can get in close. Useful for grapples but there are others which do better groundwork.
>>
>>35284091
Go to a club that does lots of kumite. Shotokan clubs tend to, can't speak as much for other styles but some are just bullshit styles for people who want an easy black belt.

The punching is a bit different from other martial arts but the kicks are easy to get the hang of if you've done others.
>>
>>35290421
> shotokan
Top kek. Enjoy your pyjama tag.
>>
gun kata
>>
>>35276923
Muay-Thai. Excelent martial arts.
>>
>>35276923

OP, do martial arts for health and fun; they improve balance, agility and coordination, make you feel calm and fulfilled ... don't do it with the express goal of getting in street fights. street fights are unpredictable, there's no way to tell what will help you.
>>
>>35276923
>>>/asp/
Boxing, Thai Boxing.
No chinkery. No McDojos
>>
>>35280456

And thats a problem?
>>
>>35280456
stop tripfagging please.
>>
>>35283703
That's pretty much what my armyfag friends say
>>
>>35276923
Western boxing, Muay Thai, full contact karate and judo
>>
>>35282177
Akido got a bad rep because of alot of bullshiters. I saw an akido black belt test in mexico that was the real deal, they were doing full contact sparing and really going at it. Finding a good credible akido school is very difficult.
>>
>>35294161
If you're talking about that tomiki shit it's roughly the standard of a judo white belt
>>
>>35294161
>>35294234
They're really good for stage and film and otherwise fake fighting. That's probably what the anon saw, a highly choreographed demonstration
>>
- Conflict avoidance
- A concealed carry permit

I've done martial arts for 10 years, but for 99% of people there will never be a reason to use them outside of sport/fitness unless you're an aggressive moron
>>
File: useless in the street.jpg (14KB, 450x285px) Image search: [Google]
useless in the street.jpg
14KB, 450x285px
>>35283866

No, no it isn;t.

Thing is, the guys who train the non lethal techniques can go full-speed and full contact allthe damn time, while the 2deadly people can never ACTUALLY do their dick-gouge, eye ticklers, they can only pretend to do so, while the other guy pretends to react to the pain of eye gouging.

So, in a fight, you have a puncher who's landed thousands of right hooks against non-compliant opponents, vs an eye gouger who has NEVER gouged an eye.

Who do you think has the experience and reflexes necessary to make their shit work?
>>
>>35277914
>Krav Maga
>shotokan karate
>Jiu Jitsu
>no judo

Lmao
>>
File: canelo combo.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
canelo combo.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>35283890

Which is the problem. Every Kravfag tells you to train Krav. Then, when you point out how terrible Krav is, they tell you "oh not that Krav, that's the fake stuff, you need to find the REAL Krav, which only me and a select few deadly warriors train."

Which, if it's to be believed, means that the fucking military trained me, and millions of others like me, in the useless 'fake Krav', but the soccer-moms down at the strip-mall, dance-studio Krav Class are getting the real, extreme Commando, 2deadly4octagon training.

Fuck that. I know if I walk into a boxing gym, I'm 99% likely to get solid, useful boxing training. Same with Wrestling, Judo, Muay Thai, BJJ, etc. Why would I gamble on finding the hidden unicorn Krav studios when I can just take something tried and true?
>>
>>35295217
Don't forget there's nothing stopping the puncher from gouging eyes either
>>
>>35276923

Muay Thai
>>
>>35295251
thanks for the contribution, faggot. Might as wel kill yourself now.
>>
>>35284035
You can't grab legs now, you could some years ago. I question your story.
>>
>>35276923
There is no most effective or 'best art'. There are ones with pros and cons and ones you like/feel comfortable doing and that you are confident enough in with the skills you have developed to adequately defend yourself. When you don't have a weapon, cops, and can't run away. But theres no best martial art it's up to you to be the best you can at the art/arts you choose
>>
>>35291665
>chinkery
Muay Thai is chinkery. And Asian martial arts can and do work.
>>
>>35290475
Train it full contact, there are Shotokan dojos that do. Spar with Kyokushin or Enshin guys etc. Not that hard. And point sparring's supposed to be bare knuckle. Look up early bare knuckle point fights, guys came away with bruises and breaks.
>>
>>35296913
This.
And just run away if you need to. Getting fucking stabbed isn't worth it, bro.
>>
>not trying this for the reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhCLo99NkwU

It would suck thats for sure, mixing things up would be good too. I was put in barokai as a kid: Barokai is a martial art originating in the Netherlands and was the closest thing the Dutch had to mixed martial arts in the 1980s. It basically was a full-contact mix between judo, boxing and karate developed by Toon Stelling. It never gained huge support but is still being practised in several places in Holland .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoESWH1TjDU

Never knew it was actually dutch
>>
>>35276923
Parkour and a gun
>>
>>35284261
bretty gud post desu
>>
>>35281980
I just started bujinkan, can confirm its good for getting out of a bad spot like a street fight
>>
>>35276923
Boxing obviously, i have only went to boxing for 2-3 weeks, after 5,5 years of karate, and i feel like i can fight anyone. Forget the karate, that was just for shits and giggles not much there, my point is:

Boxing: Good
Karate: Not good
>>
>>35276923

Brazilian jiu jitsu by far.
>>
>>35299182
No, you can't.
>>
>>35276923
praying mantis style kung fu
>>
>most effective martial art
guns
>If somebody attacks you on the street what is the best martial art you can use to protect yourself and stop the attacker?
45 ACP
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.