[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injury general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (26KB, 430x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 430x342px
>tfw shoulder pains every few months
>tfw impingement

I'll never have cannonball delts. Kill me

Tell me about your injuries /fit/
>>
I trashed my right shoulder every time I did dips, because I didn't stretch.

Now I've been stretching a good few months and as long as I don't go to deep, it's all good man.
>>
gain 20lb in 6 weeks
always been very skinny
Used to be very good on a bike before it got stolen so strong thighs

Now because I can leg press/extend so much, and because I'm lots heavier than I used to be I've got runner's knee and it won't fucking leave
>>
>>35258209
>dips are the shit man
>explode your tris and chest man!

>attempt dips
>can't move shoulder for months

The bar width not being adjustable didn't help either. I've just cut them out completely and learned to live without them I guess.

Sometimes I still feel pain in my shoulder, dips feel like they permanently fucked up my shoulder. Shoulder truly is the worst place to injure, the most aesthetic muscles all need it
>>
> play football in high school
> I was pretty good I guess
> played SS
> jump up and intercept the ball
>get hit in the knees while in midair
> flip and land on just my shoulder
> lol dislocated
> can never do a shoulder workout again
>>
>not religiously stretching everyday
>not doing your shoulder dislocates
>not doing your facepulls
>not deloading regularly and fixing form
>>
>2 months on SS
>Starting with the bar, up to bodyweight squats
>'These are going well, I think I'll try flexing my abs as hard as I can on this next set to work my core.'
>Strain myself in the bottom.
>Sore groin with even bodyweight squats

I thought for sure it was a hernia and I would need surgery if so. Went to the doctor and he told me it's a muscle strain/pull and to just rest it for a while. So I can't run or do leg workouts until it's better. It's been like 3 weeks so far.
>>
My heart is broken.
>>
>>35258568
Stretch 3 times a day, avoid using it for the next 2 weeks
>>
File: 1.jpg (99KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
99KB, 1001x823px
>>35258568
It's gonna be alright anon, we're all gonna make it
>>
>Go to doctor
>Fucker is obese
>"Doctor I've had pain and rigidness in my abdomen for some time. Might be related to pancreas infection from a few months ago"
>Feels my stomach. Pokes my abs with tubby fingers.
>"You have a pulled muscle"
>No I don't. "No".
>Gives "I'm the doctor I know best" -look
>"What muscle do you think I pulled doctor?"
>Points at left side. "That one. You shouldn't overtrain, you know. It's unhealthy".
>Stare at his tired eyes, dark circles underneath.
>Stare at the pregnant man belly.
>"What exact muscle are you pointing to doctor?"
>You know it's probably kidney stones. It will pass on it's own.
>"Then test me for that"
>The lab has no time for this. We have real patients here you know".
>Tighten fists
>Fatty starting to look nervous
>"Pay by the desk. have a nice day".

How should I demolish him /fit/? How should I punish the fatty?
>>
>>35258614
Autism
>>
>>35258623
Mine or his?
>>
>>35258614
>set up prostate examine
>go to doctors office bring spare pair of underwear
>take big wet dump 5-10mins beforehand
don't wipe
>get prostate examined
punishment given
>>
>>35258614
>park next to his car, leave a trail of oil from your car, leading to his car
>fire to the oil trail
>watch his car burn
>get arrested
>eat less at prison
>stop being a fatass
>>
>>35258163
Go to a physical therapist. I fixed up my impugnment that way.
>>
>>35258163

> be me
> decide to do C25K because I actually enjoy running and would like to get in shape, and improve my lung capacity + cardiovascular system
> warm up with 5 minute walk
> do 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes
> walk back home
> feel like it went well
> go to sleep
> wake up
> severe groin pain when walking and spreading legs
> pulled groin muscle on the first day

I decided to power through the pain and went again today (2nd day) and did 30 seconds jogging / 90 seconds walking and the pain doesn't feel much worse (yet), I'm going to try 60 seconds jogging / 90 seconds walking again tomorrow.
>>
>>35258614
What a fucking faggot if a doctor,

>ids muscle pulll xDDDD
>o waiiid ids gidney zdonneee

Fucking retard can kill himself, switch docs man, fucker wants to tell you its nothing and get paid for it?

Let me guess, america?
>>
I made a thread for this but should have checked catalog.

7-8 weeks ago I fractured the radial head in my left arm, its been a shitty time, lost gains etc. But now my arm has recovered to a point where I can use it for exercise.
Anyone who has had a similar injury or think they have any good suggestions, what are good things to do to aid recovery? I've been doing increasing amount of pushups and chinups everyday but I'm just wondering if theres anything else that could help

I'm going to bulk for the next few months as well
>>
i have problems with my back from fucked form in oly lifting, mainly clean and jerks, every few months i get some pain in there
>>
>>35258744

good form is so important as an oly lifter, you should've hired a personal trainer bro
>>
>>35258663
Yeah I'm going now and have improved plenty in the last month. Does it ever go back to 100%? Will I ever do lateral raises? Do I have to keep at these rehab exercises forever?
>>
Finally starting to look like someone who lifts, fitting large instead of medium. Did something while benching month ago tweeked shoulder, but said fuck it and kept going. Know it hurts like fuck andjm scared ill lose all my precious gains if i take a break.
>>
>>35258785
You power through and you most likely will. Take 2 weeks off from benching. At worst do a fly or something. Give your shoulder time to recover. Do some internal and external rotations often. Stretch your pec. Set your scapula. Ibuprofen if needed.

Good luck
>>
>>35258820
is it necessary to rest the muscle / ligament injury until it's fully recovered?
>>
>Get into running
>Develop pain/stiffness behind/inside right knee
>Walking to uni and back fucks it so much I can't walk for three days without irritating it further
>Drop £1000 on physio etc. to try and get it diagnosed
>MRI, X-ray, physio programs etc.
>Nothing
>Still got it over a year later
>Haven't run since
>Catch sight of a diagram showing hamstring tendon insertions
>It's clearly tendinitis/tendinosis in the semimembranosus/semitendinosus knee insertion
>Start doing general tendon rehab (stretching, eccentric exercises)
>Starting to get better

On one hand I'm psyched, but on the other I just don't know what the fuck is wrong with the physios and doctors I saw. It's up there with a weightlifting coach telling me my snatch form would settle down with more weight, leading to me snapping all my shit up straight away.
>>
Had ACL reconstruction surgery today and currently on a truckload of opiates.

Over six months of knee rehabilitation awaits.
>>
>>35259548
RIP your butthole.
>>
>>35258163
ulnar nerve entrapment in my left elbow.

can't do bicep curls ,chin ups, have to do pushups on my fists because palms on the floor hurts like fuck, can't do any tricep isolation .

tfw I'm always going to have small arms .
>>
>>35259713
have you tried spending less timeon the computer or at least changing your posture?
>>
>>35259548
Does an Acl tear hurt or is it like how fractures only hurt if you move them jerkily?
>>
>back pain
>started in 9th grade when I started lifting for football
>fast forward to now
>freshman in college
>still get lower back pain
>also weak as fuck
fml
>>
>>35263775
I had back pain as I had serious lordosis throughout my life. Posted on /fit/ one day, got laughed at. Been correcting it for the past 2 years along with building muscles, feels a lot better.
>>
My lower back near my right hip completely blew up yesterday.

Couldn't even move, put weight on it or anything. Couldn't get to sleep I was in that much agony.

Got up and it lessened as I was walking about and moving it more. Otherwise I was ready to go to the hospital, still hurts now and I'm gonna have to skip the gym tomorrow.

I need to get a proper mobility/stretching routine sorted for myself, my spine is all over the place
>>
>>35264308
>I need to get a proper mobility/stretching routine sorted for myself, my spine is all over the place

You'll start stretching, you'll slowly feel better, once you do all the stretching will go out the window and you'll continue as you were. I find it so hard to continue stretching and exercises for something I don't have yet
>>
>>35258405
Listen to this guy.
>>
>>35258163

I thought my shoulder pain was A/C related but it turn out its a shortened upper trapizius due to over working it, this also makes your mid and lower trapizius weaker.

You can check if this is you too by laying on a tennis ball where your shoulder blade meets your trapizius, in a couple of spots it will make the front of your shoulder sore.

http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/the-dynamic-duo-of-shoulder-impingement
>>
>>35258163
I pulled a lat first time deadlifting.
>>
File: bicep-1-e1446058074388.jpg (27KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
bicep-1-e1446058074388.jpg
27KB, 550x412px
>>35258163
Dull/aching pain between my bicep and forearm during the eccentric movement of bench press. Weighted dips are worse so I stopped doing them. Pretty sure it's tendonitis, just fighting through it until I figure out what I can do about it. Pic related, it show the exact area.
>>
>>35266935

Try fish oil. 3g DHA/EPA a day.

t. broscientist
>>
>>35267049
Been a staple supplement for awhile now, popping 9 pills a day (about 2.7g combined DHA/EPA). Good advice in general though.
>>
>work injury in the shoulder
>couldn't even push a door with my right arm at first
>afraid of doing anything involving arms because it might get worse
>what do to avoid skellingtonness or being fat for the first time ever?
>>
>>35266935
Textbook tendinitis. I'm not a shill for crossfit, but buy voodoo floss and have someone floss your elbow. Once every two weeks for me keeps my tendinitis away 100%. I had it 8 years
>>
File: nigga [12].jpg (255KB, 779x800px) Image search: [Google]
nigga [12].jpg
255KB, 779x800px
>>35268344
> buy voodoo floss and have someone floss your elbow
>>
>>35258163
>Be me, be old, hate being old so push self too hard all the time.
Been powerlifting & strongman training for 4 years now.
1.) Piriformis muscle muscle injury left glute (fighting it for 6 months now.)
2.) De Quervain's tenosynovitis in right hand (fighting for over a year now.)
3.) iliotibial band syndrome right hip (got better after 2nd year)

Injury is just part of the territory.
>>
>>35258163
Broke my ankle while hiking over a year ago but never got it checked out so it's still painful and cracks. I also have plantar fasciitis but its not like I was gonna do cardio anyway lmao
>>
>>35268362
That's my fear with lifting really heavy. My lifts are nearing intermediate range: 185 OHP, 315 bench for 8, 405 squat for 3, 500 DL for 2. And the nagging injuries just continue to increase in frequency and naggyness. My big toe joint is starting to hurt now. I can't take this shit.
>>
>>35266935
>Pretty sure it's tendonitis,
Icepack is your friend. Get the big one that is supposed to be for your back, wrap it around your forearm when going to sleep.
Wake up @ 3AM throw on the floor. Repeat for a few days, tendonitis will be much better. I do this all the time and it works well.
>>
File: 1407884010035.png (108KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1407884010035.png
108KB, 396x385px
>tfw every time I bench I feel slight discomfort in the muscle between my delts and pecs

Fuck this shit. The bullshit part is that it only happens on one side. I don't even know what to do because this shit only started happening recently for some reason.
>>
>>35268410
Dislocated my shoulder years ago and haven't been able to bench since. Dumbbell press and bar dips are my friends.
>>
>>35268410
are you positive that isnt a labrum tear? rotator cuff injuries are really rare in that area so i doubt thats it..

is it a deep pain?
>>
File: smugface.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smugface.png
55KB, 500x500px
>>35268397
I switched to lifting 3 days a week. I take every 6th week off. I used to lift a lot more, but I am older now and body can't take it.

>mfw I am still in better shape than most people half my age.
>>
>>35258163
Had a bit of my clavicle shaved off to fix my weightlifters shoulder in april. Its been about 18 months now since I have been been able to do any sort of press without pain and I have lost just about everything in my pecs because of it. Just hit 8 months postop and I just now am starting to be able to push-ups again. With luck I think ill be able to start benching again by February. I cant wait to get back in the gym.

Feels good man
>>
>>35258405
What kind of daily stretching routine would you advise?
>>
>>35258783

No. Yes. Yes.

You will never be at 100% ever again. 99%? Sure. But injuries like that change the structure of the tendons and ligaments themselves. Only lucky people go through life with intact shoulders. Or really smart people, however you want to look at it.

Prehab exercises are the core of my life now, pretty much. Every single day I do at least 15 reps of shoulder dislocations. Every single day I stretch vigorously. On MWF I do face pulls. It will be okay, man. I am still alive, and haven't suffered a shoulder injury since I started the exercises.
>>
>>35258163
>tfw can say with confidence that I have the most fucked shoulder on all of /fit
:D
>>
I fucked my shit doing deadlifts, but I'm not really sure what shit I fucked

>Background: new to lifting, disproportionately strong back compared to legs
>Squat only at 140, but I can deadlift 225 with no strain on my back
>My legs however are way too weak for the weight I'm pulling
>Deadlifts stuck at 2pl8 forever because of weak legs

Anyway,
>Deadlifting as per usual
>Nothing seems amiss
>Next day, pain in front right side of hip
>Look around, looks like deadlifting with weak hamstrings can lead to femoral anterior glide syndrome, similar to hip impingement
>Okay.png
>By the end of the day, the pain in my right hip is gone, but I now have the same pain in my left hip that wasn't there when I woke up
>Okay.png
>4 days go by, pain remains
>Doing stretching, etc
>Around day 6, pain shifts from front of hip to back of him, feels more like upper hamstring now
>Okay.png

Day 9 now. Still have the back hip pain. It doesn't hurt when I walk or shit like that, but any sort of large back movement on the hip joint (ie touching toes and coming up fast) triggers the pain, as do random quick movements.

Pretty annoying because I haven't been able to do any leg related lifts at all. Today I did some seated cable rows, and just using my legs to brace against the weight triggered it.

Not a severe pain by any means, but an annoying and constant one. Not really sure what to do about it other than wait.
>>
>tfw creaky ass knees and shoulders
>>
>>35261865
Your knee gets swollen and it hurts at the both ends of the mobility range of the knee. The worst symptom is knee instability.
>>
>>35268410
If you do end up going to the doctors ask about PRP injections. I had the exact same problem due to a partial rotator cuff tear and about two months after it felt great
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.