[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is /fit/ preparing for the new year resolution-ers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0483.jpg (25KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
25KB, 236x236px
How is /fit/ preparing for the new year resolution-ers?
>>
I might use the New Years week as a deload week and take a week off.
>>
>>35249225
Should mostly have filtered out by then. Brilliant plan.
>>
>>35249521
Seriously, just one week? I'm thinking more like a month
>>
Same thing I do every year. Own a home gym.
>>
I usually go early in the morning or late in the afternoon so not a lot changes.
>>
Avoid the after-work rush if you can. Weekdays 6pm-9pm are hell at my gym.
>>
AM sessions

>>35249521
Not a chance. Try one month
>>
Check out all the new qts
>>
>tfw live in Argentina
>tfw south emisphere so summer is about to start (like, the hottest part)
>tfw NY resolutioners AND fatties "getting ready for da summer" 2 weeks before beach season

you ameribros will never know this suffering
>>
>>35249225
I did the week dodge move last year because it had worked every other time. Apparently the resolutioners caught on that the first week is shit so they all choose the second week to come in.
>>
>>35249683
It's the perfect storm...
>>
>>35249218
by building home gym
>>
I'll be out in the shed as usual. Maybe have to suffer my sister flailing my Powerblocks around for the first week or two, but I reckon they'll be safe if I manage to jam the pin in the bottom position - I can't see her doing much sensible with them then, even if they're just 50's. I also gave away my light kettlebells, so the lightest one there is a 16-kilo one.
Really, making things as heavy or hard as they get is a nice way to keep them in peace.
>Bought a set of speakers
>Plug the amp's power plug into the socket at the bottom of my bookcase
>Cover it up with a bunch of books
>No-one taking my amp
>Buy a nice compound bow
>Adjust the pull as heavy as it goes, 70 lbs
>Fucking nobody taking my bow
>Bought a boat
>Don't have any fancy hydraulics to help with steering or lowering/raising the engine
>No-one gets near my boat
>Built a computer
>Run everything to it by wire, nothing wireless, keep it behind my desk
>Got my computer all to myself.
>Got a home gym
>Put all the light plates behind the rack where I got the 20's
>Ain't fucking nobody cares to bend down to pick up some light plates so they just don't
>Got my home gym all to myself
And since DYELs clearly have issue with things that require effort, I suggest you public gymbros just load the bar with a shitload of weight when you're not using it so you can have it in peace.
>>
File: 1435167257211.jpg (22KB, 427x532px) Image search: [Google]
1435167257211.jpg
22KB, 427x532px
>>35249861

there's no rest between mid december and mid january...
>>
File: 1444668281289.jpg (19KB, 243x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444668281289.jpg
19KB, 243x400px
>>35249683
>tfw live in Brazil
>tfw hot everyday
>tfw small gym
>tfw go to it everyday 5:00AM~7:00AM
>tfw dyels and cardiowhales are sleeping or goblin their non existent gains off
I love my gym :^)
>>
>>35251743
sai daqui filho da puta
>>
>>35251743
Nunca vai conseguir, frango.
>>
Ive honestly never had to deal with this. I have a home gym but only other gym i regularly went to was the university gym. Most people were at home and not at school so it was never crowded.
>>
I go to a expensive bodybuilding gym full of old style equipment, and there are like 5 new cardio shit cheap gyms in the area, I should be fine.
>>
I go to a 24 hr gym. So I would just come at 10 AM
>>
Hoping to god they all join planet fitness since its cheaper and thus leaving me alone
>>
Usually a week or two after New Year's I'll wear cut-up tank tops, a hat, and scream while lifting weights. I figure it may be the 1% that makes some insecure poser leave.
>>
>>35249683
fuck man, i feel bad now

I've always said to my bro that at least we get hard winters here in canada, and it should keep a lot of the lazy NYRs away. Lack of vitamin D and sunlight usually keeps people indoors
>>
Is it bad at 24 hour gyms? The only reason I go there is to go late at night and avoid people...
>>
If any of them talk to me i am going to rest an open palm on their shoulder and ask if they feel in charge liek bane would
>>
File: madoka_what.png (107KB, 550x228px)
madoka_what.png
107KB, 550x228px
What can be done about it? I'm fucked
>uni gym
>have lecture early in the morning and work later in the afternoon
>gym is most crowded during lunchtime
>takes 20 minutes to wait for a barbell with these Asian DYELs swapping and doing 1 rep of lmao1pl8 deadlift per 10 minutes
>>
>>35253099
I don't get the PF hate. Went to one once with a buddy and besides not having a power rack it was just a regular gym with nobody jogging the freeweights and cheap as hell. I can do zercher squats and it's literally the perfect gym.

>screaming during lifts so that you raise the link alarm
Try lifting the actual weight you can lift
>Not getting a free bagel or pizza sometimes
I'm sorry you're fat. Don't project your rolls on me
>being the swolest guy there
Easy pickings, boys.
>>
>>35253099
The youfit I go to is having a sale, 99$ for 5/10 (I forgot) sessions with a pt
>>
>>35249574
Kek'd and I'm not sure why
>>
>>35249218
I doubt I'll see many of them since I now go at 5am to the gym.
>>
File: 1421802139320.png (531KB, 1008x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421802139320.png
531KB, 1008x600px
>gym is mainly housewives and old people
>dreaded it last year
>nobody uses the power racks anyway
>nothing changes
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.