[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happens when you take /fit/ too seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: jayde.png (308KB, 663x546px) Image search: [Google]
jayde.png
308KB, 663x546px
what happens when you take /fit/ too seriously
>>
>>35244611

>implying squats don't work your hip flexors and core

stupid bitch probably did Smith squats and leg press.
>>
how is lumbar lordosis the reason she has rotator cuff issues... LOL
maybe pronated shoulders not that
>>
her tumblr for anyone who wants to fap or call her dumb

http://jaydeyfit.tumblr.com/
>>
She needs to incorporate isolated hamstring exercises. This shit is often caused by strong lower back coupled with comparatively weak hamstrings.
>>
>>35244611
You'd think with the qualifications she's working towards and shit that she'd have gotten on top of these sorts of issues already, and would have a program that prevents these imbalances from occurring.
>>
>>35244861
i don't think she has any idea what she's doing, she started lifting because her dad lifts or something
>>
>>35244861

I've met people with masters degree in exercise science who're fucked up because of their training.

You can get a long way in a lot of qualifications without knowing shit. And for some training goals, being fucked up just comes with the territory.
>>
When has a woman having lumbar lordosis ever been shown to be a bad thing medically?
I'm curious.
Shit looks hot as fuck.
Is this a joke that /fit/ and the queer ran fitness industry is pulling on everyone or something?
Like the cellulite lie?
>>
>>35244611
lifting has always been a meme activity
>>
>>35245068
It's a bad thing medically because it's not a posture conducive to good health. She's lacking muscle development in areas essential which could lead to problems elsewhere if not some form of pain or weakness in the immediate area.
>>
>>35245068

Hyperextension of the lumbar spine under load is every bit as bad for it as rounding. Sometimes worse, because you can't brace your abs for shit in that position.
>>
>>35245043
Well, says she's a PT and doing Human movements... as a fellow Australian who's waiting for Year 12 results to come back to see if I've scored highly enough to get into Physiotherapy... I'm a little concerned at what Human Movement courses are covering, and what it takes to get a PT qualification. My gym has decent standards for its trainers but apparently that's not all that common.

>>35245058
Oh no, I'm sure that's the case, as long as you can parrot out whatever they want in your papers and can wrote-learn the necessary information for tests, you can pass and get your piece of paper that states you're qualified for training others. I'd just hoped that people who are actively pursuing that as a career would be working on themselves first and foremost.
>>
>>35245081
Links to these studies and doctors who state this.
I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>35244637
There has actually been a study on this shit! Research, kiddo!
>>
>>35245094

As an aussie:

Physio is actually pretty hard to get a qualification in (not so much the entry scores, just the degree itself is kind of a pain and has a lot of out-of-hours work involved), but personal trainers? I'm pretty sure I could train an orang-utan to get a trainers cert given some time and he'd probably be better at it. And the information sponges can be worse than the idiots because so much bullshit is taught in some of the certs.

I'm kind of mates with some actual qualified trainers (including one who trained people off the books for years, because he was damned if he was going to pay for a PT certificate when he already had a degree in exercise science) and they pretty much universally loathe the industry as a whole. Individual gyms can be good but holy shit the big box chains are nightmares.
>>
>>35245097
I'm speaking out of my ass. Just seems sensible to me that poor posture isn't something you should accept, if not frowned on, though I'm sure there are studies somewhere. I mean, how do you feel about posture in general? Do you think it's good for a person to be slightly hunched over in their shoulders, for example? It may not pose any medical risks immediately, but it's not implausible to see that it can cause some form of problem.
>>
>>35245091
might be bad for rounding but shit it's good for pounding
>>
>>35245139
Well, the ATAR for it is 99+ which is pretty high for an entry score, so I'm not really sure I agree with you there.

Yeah I agree with the PT bit, a friend of mine did a Cert 4 during Y12 this year and I was really surprised at how much of it I already knew from self-study and that sort of thing. my gym demands that you have a Cert 4 in Pt as well as certs in a couple of other disciplines and a different set of PT qualifications, so they're actually pretty decent for lifting advice and related form/routine questions from what I've seen, haven't used them at all.

Chains are always going to be an issue because they're about being commercial, not about getting a good result. heck even small gyms are still about being commercial, but they're not able to compete with the chains as well for things like pricing, so their staff are probably one of their differentiating points to get customers to keep coming back.
>>
>>35245097
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25441565
>>
>>35244637
apt is coupled with forward head/shoulders in most cases as a means of balance. Generally if you can fix lower cross issues, the upper corrects itself
>>
>>35245149
The only place I've ever seen anyone speak ill of a woman having aphrodite's posture is here.
I've never once heard a single fucking doctor or self proclaimed expert on anatomy say it's bad for women.
Not once.

>>35245215
This study, is it.

I mean...seriously. This is litterally all and from what I can remember about exercise aimed at women, a massive chunk of it is devoted to protecting against it.

So...this seems to be a modern "cellulite" thing that fitness queers concocted. Mainly to get women to "lift like the dudes" so they can sell twice as much garbage supplements, gear, and workout programs and weight sets.
>>
so how much lordosis is bad for women?
>>
>>35245277
And another...

http://www.jospt.org/doi/pdf/10.2519/jospt.1996.24.2.91

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>35245277
The posture is hot as fuck. It is apparent that APT can lead to injury because of the muscle imbalances and improper skeletal alignment. I wish it didn't, but it does... As far as aesthetics though, there is nothing wrong with the posture, and I actually prefer it.
>>
>>35245344
It only explains why women have a far higher prevalance of acl injuries during athletic endeavors compared to men who do the same athletic endeavors.
At no point does it actually state that it's bad or causes any undue pain in a woman's day to day life.
You and the rest of the people in this thread have gotten me curious, and I've been looking it up
The closest I've seen to anterior pelvic tilt being bad for women is something about osteoperosis.
Everything else says it's not only natural it's healthy and there are women who are actively trying to get lumbar lordosis because of the reproductive health and sexual pleasure benefits.
>>
>>35245097
Why would lordosis be any better for a woman than it is a man?

When it comes to actual structure of our body, we aren't that different. Bad posture for a guy can cause the exact same pains as it would in a woman, and vice versa. Having tits and more fat deposits in your ass won't change that.

Something being hot doesn't mean it's good for you.
>>
>>35245422
there's sexual pleasure benefits for lordosis?
>>
>>35245528
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2007/12/female-lower-back-has-evolved-to-accommodate-strain-of-pregnancy/
>>
>>35245714
That doesn't answer my question at all. Adapting to handle higher stress doesn't mean that long term amounts of it isn't going to damage you. Lordosis also isn't purely going to damage your lower back, can also cause pains in neck or shoulders, upper back in general.

I ask you again though, why would the female skeleton, which is almost identical to the male one, not suffer from the same postural issues as we do?

Don't link a random article, actually think about it.
>>
>>35244691
what are the best?
>>
>>35246252

>almost identical to the male one

'Almost' being absolutely key. Women naturally have more tilt even with good posture. Excessive APT is still bad simply because of how it stresses the lumbar when under load but excessive apt in women is pretty rare.

Its total normal for a woman to have what looks like a little apt going on.
>>
>>35245605
it looks good but puts the g spot in a pretty disadvantageous position. there is a reason women tend to round their back during doggy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.