[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 25

File: download.jpg (247KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
247KB, 1440x1280px
Last one hit limit. Which would you choose? Sorry if it's small, had to do this from my phone.
>>
>>35232660
I should mention the one on left is 2lbs for $17.50 and right is $29
>>
File: 600full-robert-buckley.jpg (96KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
600full-robert-buckley.jpg
96KB, 600x900px
What routine would suggest to get a body like this?
>>
>>35232707
Brosplit 3 times a week(skip legs) and eat whatever as long as you hit your protein macro.
>>
>>35232660
As a skelly, I would go for the left. Cheaper and more calories, carbs, and proteins.
>>
Is SL5x5 a meme? I just want a routine that isn't a god damn meme.
>>
>>35232660
Is it senseless to workout ABCxABCx on a cut? I feel like I'm doing too much when I'm trying to do cut fat and not eating enough to build muscle.

Considering switching to

AxBxCxDxx and just doing HIIT on rest days and D being a composite full body workout which covers any areas I feel are lacking and need more attention.
>>
>>35232804
Just cuz it's a meme don't make it not good
>>
>>35232804
It's good. Switch 5x5 lifts to 3x5 (then 1x5) when they begin to stall out, then move on to a different program you see fit
>>
Why should you be doing cardio while cutting? does it actually make you lose bf faster? if its just to burn calories then why not reduce calories instead?
>>
>>35232858
Thank you friend.
>>
>>35232627

Thanks.

Follow up question, is efficient weight loss and a attractive body composition possible purely through cardio and/or bodyweight exercises? If so, what sort of procedure? I'm not really fond of lifting.
>>
is it safe to do jumping jacks at 6'0 and 240? I lost 20 pounds already but still worried about fucking up my joints
>>
>>35232922
Lol. Don't do jumping jacks. That's pussy shit. Go for a jog instead fatty.
>>
>>35232922
Do burpees instead. Try to aim for 100 in under 10 minutes as a goal
>>
File: 20151212_233207.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151212_233207.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Alright guys...please be serious about this. My right leg/ass cheek is drastically larger than the other....as you can see, it has quite a noticeable "indent" as compared to my left. I noticed this happening after a month long hiatus due to a vacation abroad. I recently started doing SL after just kinda doing "my own thing" for like a year.

In addition to SL, on the days without deadlift I add barbell lunges and weighted glute bridges. When I noticed this problem I added rehabilitative exercises such as one-legged squats, belgian splits, leg raises, clamshells, donkey kicks, and hip thrusts.

So, WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with my leg and how the hell do I fix it? Am I doing enough??? I've definitely noticed some problems with my right leg since I've been paying attention to it. I have a harder time balancing on it, I feel like the ankle mobility sucks. Am I just favoring my left? Is there a right muscle somewhere? Tilted pelvis? ??

This is driving me crazy, any advice any at all.
>>
How would you construct a 2,500 calorie diet?
>>
>>35232967
Fuck I meant my right leg//cheek is drastically SMALLER than the left
>>
>>35232967
You have body dysmorphia brah
>>
Are there any giveaways that I'm lifting with bad form? I started SS on Friday and so long y have DOMS on my quads and traps none on my hamstrings which seems to be a muscle really worked in SS, watched videos and read stuff about form but I'm just a noob so I might be doing shit like an idiot and the gym instructors don't know shit where I go
>>
>>35232980
Pain beyond soreness is a sign that your form is off. Try asking someone who looks like they lift to check your form for you. Don't worry, they won't mind. Better yet, ask them to hold your phone and record you doing a set, then you can see for yourself what you need to improve.
>>
>>35232994
No pain, so long so good in that area, maybe because I did DL with too little weight, I'm going to try to ask someone, Im shy as fuck tho. BTW I do bodyweight squats to stretch for squats, are there other stretches like that for deadlifts?
>>
Im going to be in my hometown in the middle of nowhere Mexico for two weeks, what are the best body weight exercises so they dont die?
>>
After unracking the bar for a squat, I feel pretty uncomfortable adjusting my stance with that weight on the back and I'm usually shaky. Is there anything I can do to make that position more stable or comfortable?
>>
>>35233050
3x5 jumping over the board
>>
>>35232866
Doesn't help much unless you're doing a fair bit of cardio.

However you should be doing cardio anyway, just to make sure your heart and respiratory system are strong.
>>
I've been on SS for the past 3 months. I did have to take two one week breaks for work in this time however. I've gained about 8 pounds and I notice I am a lot stronger, but I've practically been stalling on my lifts the entire time. Is there a reasonable explanation for this?
>>
>>35232813
You're thinking to much into it. Stick to what you're doing, just add hiit and eat at a deficit
>>
>>35232967
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35232967
Not even noticeable tbqh
>>
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I PROBABLY JUST HAD 5000 OR MORE CALORIES WITH SWEETS AND A LOT OF FOOD. WHAT TO DO??!?!?!? IVEN BEEN CUTTING AND WELL SHIT TODAY I COULDN'T HOLD IT. I HAD TO EAT THAT.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
srsly tho what do i do or just...
How fucked am I?
>>
>>35232979
>>35233138
It's the most noticeable thing ever to me....and I know there's some screwed up biomechanics somewhere causing it.
>>
>>35233139
just kill yourself youre not gonna make it
>>
Is lifting my backpack with added weight (doing shit like front squats, lawnmowers, pull-ups, some weird kind of dead lifts) in any way effective? Poor trash here, need advice with what to lift and how
>>
Does anyone know an effective bodyweight routine?
>>
>>35233159
If other people can't notice it, then it doesn't matter.
>>
>got BTFO'd with sunburn so bad doc had to give me meds for blisters and shit
>happened two days ago
With that out of the way: can I do sweaty cardio indoors without sun? Skin on my face has begun to peel but not my shoulders, back, and chest.
>>
>>35233183
I'm not doing it for them.
>>
Hey Friends of /fit/

i've been lurking here for some time,i had started gym a 6 weeks ago,i went daily on schedule for the first month,since i had paid already

The gym was known as a bodybuilding gym i think,like it had some guys train there that went to competitions or shit,so the guys there made a regime for me

i think it was what you here call a "brosplit",it was 3 days
>chest /biceps
>back /triceps
>shoulders /legs

and most of the exercises they had me do on machines,and i didnt really like using machines,but i kept till my time there finished,i loved the pump feeling,and the small gains i made for that month

But i understand that kind of regime is not good for beginners(?) or not for me,cause i think it's meant to make you look good,rather than strong

I want to be strong

So after two weeks of nothing but cardio,i am thinking of joining a Gym some friends frequent and i am told you can pay less and have your own regime (instead of the gym's) ,they let you do your thing and help with your form and stuff

Now back when i was new here,like 2-3 months,i read the sticky,also a friend proposed i do > Stronglifts 5x5

But most of you guys here a big fans of SS

Can you give me pros/cons of SL and SS ?

like which one should i do.a total beginner,trying to make strength gains (2nd are the aesthetics gains,but also important)

like should i start with SL or is SS superior?

If SL is just as good,i know where to read stuff
,but for SS,what should i read,where do i start?

im going Off for cardio,gonna check replies in an hour or so
>>
>>35233173

>>>/asp/756838
>>
What arms will look big on a 5'4 manlet?
Not huge, but just big enough that people will notice you lift.
>>
Would it be fine just having spider and preacher curls in my routine for bicep acessories? I feel like I cheat on my form too much when doing traditional curls with a small straight barbell and use my back too much and swing the weight. I feel way more of pump with spiders and preachers.
>>
Looking into picking up my first pair of sleeves and torn between a few options.

SBD's are tried and true, but that doesn't mean recent products cant be better.

The new ST Sleeves seem to be good, Smelly has all of his friends pushing them, but I've talked to a buddy who has them and he claims they're actually good.

Last option are the new American Barbell Club sleeves, they claim to be better than SBD's, but I don't know how true that is. However they are cheaper and I like the guys who are behind that gym.

Anyone have any experience with any of them?
>>
How do I get bigger/more aesthetic :
1) Calves
2) Abs
3) Forearms
What rep range,exercises,training split should I follow if I'm doing these with a beginner strength routine (3days)?
>>
>>35233368
>How do I get bigger/more aesthetic :
>Abs
Lose fat, train abs a bit (abs wheel, leg raises, etc.)

>Forearms
Hold something heavy for a long time (farmer walk, etc.), hang on a bar / rings for as long as you can
>>
>>35232967
It doesn't have to 'be' anything, few people are completely symmetrical
And the only thing I see is the hip being larger on your right leg, which looks mostly like it's the angle you're standing on
Can't see shit otherwise
>>
>>35233168
It's possible for some exercises like pull ups but for other stuff you better just do bodyweight exercises.
>>
How many grams of sugar power day do you consume on average?
I don't add sugar to anything but there are so many carbs that have it
>>
>>35233454
~20g max per day. Most of the time less (not counting the sugar in fruits)
>>
>>35233139
been there done double that.
1.) no carbs tomorrow
2.) resume cut the following day till achieved desired body fat
>>
>>35233279
pros:
-Sl and SS have very few but important exercises so you'll have more time for other shit ( you can add accessory exercises if you want, like ICF which is just SL but with accessory shit thrown in)
- linear weight increase, so you'll increase your weight pretty fast until you start stalling, also makes it easy to know how much you're going to lift next time and shit like that
-compound exercises. machins r gay
-SS has a book where you'll learn a lot of shit if you're planning on getting it, not only for SS but for literally anything when it comes to lifting things

cons
-won't build muscles as easily as bodybuilding shit obviously
-doesn't use machines unless it's accessory so you need to train proper form or risk injuring ureself
-can be a little demotivating to stall, just work through it
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-09-04-16.png (203KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-09-04-16.png
203KB, 1080x1920px
I know that 4chan isn't the place to ask for diet advice.
Not even the fit board and only the sticky is a good enough guide to get anywhere.

Still I hope there's a competent person who can answer me the following:
If you are eating every other day as an athlete, when do you actually eat at a weekly and thus daily maintenance?
Is it a month?

Pic related, my stats.
>>
Had two apples, a banana and a mango today.

Is this too much fruit? I'm cutting and I eat similar amounts of fruit most days.
>>
>>35232660
so i've just started SL.

does just doing DL,SQ,bench/rows give me traps,triceps,biceps,abs?

cause right now i'm just feeling doms in shoulders and legs.
>>
>>35233521
So add accessory lifts.

Do you not into self-thinking?
>>
>>35233533
just started out man, easy on me
>>
>>35233517
Fellow German anon, please rephrase your question as it was not comprehensive.

>>35233518
Depends on your daily kcal intake. Calculate your macro intake and make sure you get enough fat and protein.
>>
>>35232967
is this a guy or a girl

l-london?
>>
is it normal to go from 69kg to 77kg in like 1.2 months of SL? (im not saying it's anywhere near all muscle)
>>
>>35233537
When I did SL I added bis/tris and sometimes calves. Just add chin ups and dips onto the end of your workouts or like curls and tri extensions
>>
>>35233579
alright.
will do
>>
>>35233578
That seems too much. How many kcals are you bulking?
>>
>>35233591
only around 2.8 - 3k. I'm thinking it's water retention because i've been taking creatine
>>
>>35233315
Anyone?
>>
>>35232922
you honestly can't think of a less faggy cardio than jumping jacks?
>>
>>35233597
Yeah the most is probably water, some added fat and some muscle
>>
>>35233597
doing the same routine + creatine.
should i stop taking creatine then?
>>
>>35233515
thanks anon

one last thing,what is the point of accessory exercises like all the stuff in ICF?
is it for building muscle or strength ?
compared to SS,will it make me look better,or make me even stronger ? (functional strength)
>>
>>35233640
sorry,compared to SL*
>>
>>35233640

Primarily its muscle, but added muscle translates into added strength (more or less, I'm simplifying here).

If you can eat and sleep enough to deal with the added workload, you'll get bigger and stronger. But most people fail to do that.
>>
>>35233515
>-won't build muscles as easily as bodybuilding shit obviously
really? thought doing SL / SS would give you good enough gains
>>
I'm following a push-pull-routine right now (Push-Pull-x-Push-Pull-x-Push...) with squats on push days and deadlifts on pull days. Even if i've get more than enough sleep (~ 8h per night) and eat a little bit over maintenance while hitting my macros, i still feel exhaustet on pull days... Especially when doing chin-ups / pull-ups.

Should i switch to "Push-Pull-x-Pull-Push-x-Push..." for having a rest day every second time before pull days?

Or any other advice /fit/?
>>
>>35233635
Why would you stop taking creatine?
>>
>>35233653
because the weight i'm adding is just water and not actual mass, what i actually want.
then again, i need to bulk so...guess i'll continue
>>
eat pizza on a bulk?
>>
>>35233656
maybe research a little bit what creatine is and what it does
>>
>>35233662
American pizza? No
European pizza? Yes
>>
>>35233675
water retention in your muscles, is found in meat, natural, helps you get one more rep on that last set.
>>
>>35233649
m8, a bodybuilding routine makes more muscle than a strength based routine, that's exactly what it's made for

that's doesn't mean you won't make good muscle from SL SS because you will, especially if you add accessory stuff
>>
>>35233677
ordered EU pizza, greasy, with meat.
dunno if those are good macros to go with
>>
>>35233662

Why not? I love home made pizza with spelt flour dough and lot of "good" topping like vegetables, egg, tuna, olives,...
>>
Will skipping a week without test hurt me?
>>
>>35233679
alright
>>
>>35233572
Affirmative.
I am cutting by eating every other day and wanted to know when the body starts to really turn down the metabolism.
And Consequently, when do I take a break in order to restore my TDEE levels?

Tl;DR:
When should I take a diet break if I intermittent fast 36/12?
>>
>>35233687
was thinking about ordering one though.
>>35233689
you will most likely develop man titties
>>
>>35233694
remember more muscle doesn't always mean more strength
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv9v428_CcY (smaller guy is stronger)
>>
>>35233710
>tfw 5"8 manlet
fucking. every other guy in my gym is 6" and above
>>
>>35233710

It doesn't mean more strength necessarily, but on the same person it does pretty much mean more potential strength in the long run.
>>
>>35233710
guess i'll continue SL then
>>
If I'm doing push / pull twice a week. ( quads on push, glute/hammies on pull ) should I do Chest first on one day, then shoulders, and the opposite on the other day. Or should I do whatever pushing exercises I want to do mainly first??
>>
>>35233695
After 36 - 48h. I recommend you to do 16/8 fasting instead of 36/12. Are you trying to lose weight as fast as possible or trying to lose fat while keeping muscle mass?
>>
>>35233749

To rephrase that, should I do the ones I want to focus on mainly first (as long as they are pushing exercises) or should I do the body part I want to focus on mainly first?
>>
>>35233703

>was thinking about ordering one though.

Try to make it by yourself. Easy, fast, cheap and (potentially) not as greasy...
>>
I'm trying to bulk and am hearing bad things about sodas, but each can is 160cal adding to my daily total. are these calories worth it or should I keep at it until bulk season is done?
>>
>>35233777
DOMS keeping me from doing anything at all.
but ill look into it anon
>>
>>35233652

input anyone?
>>
>>35233780
soda is pure sugar man
dont
>>35233784
do SL
>>
I've noticed that no matter how hard I go at the gym, I'm never sore the next day. I'll even run the racks until 5lbs is difficult, then take a break and start as high as I can go and repeat, but still never sore. is this a problem or am I super lucky?
>>
>>35233788
I'll finish the case I bought then no more after that. thanks m80
>>
>>35233796
Your probably not training efficiently/hard enough

You don't have to be sore as hell the next day but yeah, you should probably feel it 24hr later
>>
>>35233796
DOMS go away with time
>>
>>35233315
Did I get lost in the shitposting?
>>
>>35233811
I honestly feel like I can't move at all when I leave the gym but within an hour it's almost like I never went

>>35233813
That's what I thought but even the bigger guys at my gym (who admittedly don't seem to know that much) complain about DOMS and I've only been going for half a year. the DOMS stopped after month 2 but the gains haven't
>>
>>35233782
Literally so easy

- buy pizza dough
- put tomato sauce on it
- add meat you like (salami, ham, etc.)
- add other stuff you like (mushrooms, peperoni, pineapple, etc.)
- add some mozarella on top (not too much)
- put in oven for 20 - 30min
- enjoy healthy pizza
>>
>>35233818
If you're feeling the excercise doing its job then it's probably working.
learn how to do regular curls with better form. if you're cheating then the weight is too much. reduce the weight you use and concentrate on form before going back to the heavy shit
>>
>>35233836
seeing it that way, yeah it is.
but dem calories man
>>
File: 1442194985106.jpg (74KB, 351x452px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985106.jpg
74KB, 351x452px
>>35233749

Start by not doing quads on push and glutes/hamstrings on pull, since those three muscles always work together. (except if your only quad exercise is leg extensions, in which case stop)

>>35233734

SL is a shit routine made by a marketing firm with not coaching knowledge whatsoever. It's aimed at couch potatoes. The website is full os shit like "the secrets to building muscle!". The routine is 5x5 at 100% throughout the entire set - NO OTHER PROGRAM DOES THAT. Every program that has 5x5 is either not 100% throughout the set, or the set is 80-90% across. By doing SL, you are choosing to have worse progression because of a meme routine that became famous because of marketing efforts.

SS is a world-renowned program made by an athlete and coach with over 3 decades of experience. The book is full of scientific and biomechanics information. The program has been written to maximize the gains for new lifters, having 3x5 sets across.

I'm being blunt here because I just woke up and am in a shitty mood, but the bottom-line is: SL is a marketing meme made by people with no idea how stuff works. SS is an optimal program with decades of experience and scientific knowledge behind it. Pick your choice.

>>35233652

Don't do squats on push and deadlifts on pull. Where the hell did this meme come from, those two exercises work the exact same muscles (besides the extra ones the deadlift also uses).
Do them both on the same day, or put a day of rest in between them.

>>35233788

>do SL
Stop giving advise.

>>35233796

Usually people don't get sore when they are experienced.
>>
>>35233838
Thanks
>>
>>35233866
My pleasure. Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful
>>
>>35233315

That's completely fine.
>>
>>35233854
post dick
>>
>>35233852
Make a small pizza or share it with other people. Not that hard. I even eat pizza when I'm cutting.
>>
>>35233854
>SL is a shit routine made by a marketing firm with not coaching knowledge whatsoever.
wew lad calm down there boy
>>
>>35233854
>SL is a shit routine made by a marketing firm with not coaching knowledge whatsoever.
guess someone didn't see any results using SL
>>
>>35233979

It's true, though.
>>
>>35233989
>oy vey look others call it a meme
>it must be a meme
>muh marketeer
guys srsly
>>
File: 1443627072068.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443627072068.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>35233997

You are too new. You've done SL for a few months and think you know shit about lifting and what's good and what's not.

SL is stall-city and you will work at at least 10% less weights than you would with SS, Reg Park's, Candito's, Greyskull, etc etc.
That means you will be 10% less strong than you could be just by doing a good routine made by people with actual experience and knowledge instead of a marketing firm.
>>
>>35233854

>anime pic
>tripfag

Yeah naw yer a cunt. Worthless opinion and fuck off
>>
>>35234024
oh wow
10%
as if those 10% matter
>>
>>35233997
he's absolutely right, though. SL is just SS with a couple of modifications that lots of people asked for despite making the routine worse. mehdi has contributed nothing of value.
>>
If I ate all my calories during the day and then work out at night without eating afterwards, I'll still get gains right? Since I've already reached the calories I needed.
>>
>>35234040
stop the samefaggingpls
>>
File: 000ddr.jpg (75KB, 252x355px) Image search: [Google]
000ddr.jpg
75KB, 252x355px
>>35234039
>>
>>35234043
sure. meal timing probably matters a little bit, but it's much less important than calories/macros.
>>
>>35234024
SL is almost the exact same reg parks you fucking idiot. You won't come out "10% weaker" those are all perfectly great routines. Canditos linear is not a 5x5 and I actually would not even recommend it to a beginner as it has a lot of volume and technical lifts (spoto press and paused deadlifts are not something a beginner should be focusing on)
>>
>>35232804
As a beginner, Starting Strength is good. Once you begin to stall on it (6-8 months) switch to something else.
>>
I'm 5'11 and am trying to hover around 12% bf
how big should my calves be in this case, I want to be proportionate. my biceps are a measly 14inches and my calves are 13.5inches around if that helps
>>
>>35234058
>SL is almost the exact same reg parks you fucking idiot.
it's not. it's almost the same as SS, not reg park's.
>>
File: 1442244705753.jpg (75KB, 498x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442244705753.jpg
75KB, 498x640px
>>35234058

No it's not. It's completely different.

Reg Park's is:

A:
Front squats 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Chinups/Pullups 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Dips/Bench Press 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Barbell Curls 2x10
Wrist work 2x10
Calf Raises 2x15

B:
Back squats 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Rows 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Overhead Press 1x5 (60%) 1x5 (80%) 3x5 (100%)
Deadlifts 1x5 (100%)
Wrist work 2x10
Calf Raises 2x15

SL is just copy-pasted SS with 5x5 at "100%" sets across, instead of 3x5 100%. 5x5 means you will only do 80-90% of the work you would at 3x5.
Reg Park's is also 3x5, since the first two sets are just warm-ups, not worksets.
>>
>>35233854
>>35233979
>>35233986
>>35234039
>>35234040
just do ICF
>>
File: Strongest spartan alive.png (305KB, 641x391px) Image search: [Google]
Strongest spartan alive.png
305KB, 641x391px
>>35234116
>>
>>35234113
Sl has pendlay rows instead of power cleans.
If anything you're helping anon prove his point though because the point is that the dude dissed SL but then recommended ss even though they're pretty much the same thing, you won't magically get 10% less gains out of SL.
>>
>>35234141

>you won't magically get 10% less gains out of SL

Yes you will, simply because SL is 5x5 with all sets at the same weight, while SS is 3x5.
You simply will not lift as much weight doing 5x5. You will also stall a lot more.
>>
>>35234116
ICF is stupid. the point of this type of novice routines is that focusing exclusively on the main compounds allows you to do them heavy and often and thus make very rapid progress for a long time. they work great precisely because they don't have lots of other exercises that interfere with recovery. ICF is the bastard child of a good novice routine and a typical bullshit routine found in fitness magazines
>>
>>35234158
>lift more often on SL
>less gains
what
>>
>>35234158
this is correct, plus SL has you start with the bar which wastes a lot of training time. it's pretty obvious that you'll make faster progress on SS. in the long run it doesn't matter because we're only talking about a few weeks/months difference, but SL is definitely slower.
>>
>>35234171
>as you start with the bar which wastes a lot of training time
>what is training the form
are you guys even trying to bait here or what
>>
>>35234171
>>35234158
You are literally bashing a program rhat you have clearly not done or even looked at. SL becomes a 3x5 when you stall. You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>35234170
what will happen if you do 10x5 on everything? 15x5? 20x5? more and more gains? don't you think there's something more at play here? can you guess what it is?
>>
>>35234182
jup
its SL
>>
>>35234179
we know that. you start with the bar, then go until you stall and switch to 3x5. all of this is a huge waste of time versus just starting 3x5 with a productive weight.
>>
>>35234182
>but you make more gains on a 3x5!!!11
Then why are there so many 5x5's? Why isn't every single strength program a 3x5 then? You're bad and should feel bad.
>>
>>35234189
>starting 3x5
>shit form
thats why you do 5x5 with the bar only at first man
>>
>>35233836

>buy pizza dough
>buy dough

Why? Making dough by yourself is not only the easiest thing on this planet, ridiculously cheap and done in about 5 minutes, you can also mix in different kinds of flour (whole grain, pelt, oats, ...) which will make it a thousand times better than anything you can buy.
>>
>>35234192
a lot of the "5x5" routines (reg park's for example) are actually 3x5 with 2 warm up sets.
>>
>>35234189
Your thought process is so stupid so I'll suggest something equally stupid which follows your train of thought: just do a 1x1 because any more is a waste of time.
>>
>>35234212
>what is Texas method
>what is madcow
>>
>>35234196
you can do as many sets with the bar as you want on SS. though form with ridiculously light weight doesn't transfer well to heavier reps anyway. without weight on the bar you can do all kinds of atrocious form errors and don't even know it. SS has you start with a weight that's heavy enough for training a beginner, but light enough that you can still learn form.
>>
>>35234160
ICF is the best if you want both strength and hypertrophy
>>
>>35234231
they are intermediate routines and have a completely different structure than the routines we're talking about. why even bring them up?
>>
>>35234239
exactly
and thats why its better than SS
>>
>>35234239
You're a beginner clearly.
>>
>>35234257
so?
nothing wrong with that? you too started somewhere
>>
>>35234244
no, an unproductive routine doesn't give you much "hypertrophy" either. there's no meaningful difference between strength and hypertrophy for a beginner. you do what makes you stronger and eat plenty of food. that leads to hypertrophy. then you add hypertrophy focused work when you become intermediate.
>>
>>35234257
>>35234254
you're getting boring now. I don't mind responding to trolls, but you need to be more creative.
>>
>>35234266
how is it unproductive?
>>
>>35234254
They are pretty much the same thing dude. One is not better than the other and neither is a bigger waste of time than the other. You'll actually technically plateau faster starting with a 3x5 and going straight to heavy weights than if you were to build up to it. You're all literally suggesting to move up in weight as fast as possible when in reality you will stall quicker and hit a plateau faster than if you were to build. It's the exact same reason you don't go up by 10 lbs every workout. You go up by 5.
Not a waste of time if you get more out of it long term.
>>
>>35233854
>Don't do squats on push and deadlifts on pull.

Thanks for your input, i know your're right. I just can't do them on the same day (limited work out time) and can't add a dedicated leg day either (still doing other sports). And tired legs are not the problem on pull days.

I feel the big/compound movements on push days (OHP, bench, weighted dips) are limiting my ability to do a lot of pull ups on the following day...
>>
>>35234276
youre boring, pushing your SS is better than SL meme shit.
i just copied you
>>
>>35234265
Glad you admitted to it, it shows considering how little you know.
>>
>>35234315
what the hell is up with you faggots having a stick so far up your ass that the only thing you see as the best is the routine you're doing and nothing else?
>>
>>35234249
>The point went over my head
I can see that
>>
>>35234322
I'm long past those, I'm doing a ppl actually. I'm glad you learned how to project though.
>>
>>35234039
Confirmed for not making it
>>
>>35234348
>lebinmemeguize
>>
>>35234348
>>35234348
Oh look, the virgin posted that meme again!
>>
>>35234353
>>35234366
Good job samefag you killed the thread. So much for people actually answering questions
>>
File: Dipshitanon.png (149KB, 3032x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Dipshitanon.png
149KB, 3032x1408px
>>35234445
You're dumb as shit. Probably even watch anime.
>>
File: 1447273599038-b.jpg (822KB, 2564x2044px) Image search: [Google]
1447273599038-b.jpg
822KB, 2564x2044px
>>35232660
How do you guise please the gainz lord so he will gibe you good gains?

Do I need to sacrifice? Draw a pentagram?

Im asking cause I think I made the Gainz God mad by doing push ups in squat rack.
>>
File: 1444801660424.png (345KB, 474x665px) Image search: [Google]
1444801660424.png
345KB, 474x665px
I've been switching between weights/bulking and cardio/cutting for a few years now. Just had about 6 months off weights after heart surgery.

Should I do a hard reset and start from SS again, or should I pick back up from an intermediate program?
>>
>>35234551
start again from SS, with a very light weight.
you'll be back to your old strength levels soon anyway, why risk getting injured?
>>
File: 1.jpg (729KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
729KB, 2048x1365px
What is the best method to fix muscular assymetry?

Right arm (bicep + tricep specifically) bigger and stronger than left, forearms are pretty much same size and delts are balanced.

obviously, I should avoid barbell movements since the stronger arm will compensate. Therefore, I've begun dumbbell chest press and avoiding barbells.

However, should I do more volume ont he left? Presumably if I do the same volume on each, since the right is already bigger, there will just be a constant difference.

What's the best course of action? Thanks brahs.

Also left pec is a bit smaller than right, so I've stopped barbell bench but I'm wondering is it possible to do flyes with one arm? I've tried but it feels awkward. One-armed dumbbell chest press however feels pretty regular.

Thanks again.
>>
Im this fucker >>35233279
and you got me very confused

So im guessing SL is a meme,and it is marketed very well,but wasnt it made by one dude ,what marketing firm and bullshit are you talking?

So what do you propose ,should i start SS?
is it the best choice?
>>
I just witnessed the birth of my son, and i read that having children lowers your testosterone.

How fucked am i?
>>
How to macro or calculate how much I need?
>>
>>35234895
Go Daddy mode
>>
So when I did my first workout of SS I fucked up my DL weight and ended up finishing with a 27kg set, I squatted 37kg and Pressed 24.5kg, Should I just add 5lbs and do sets until speed slows down? Also how are my lifts weights?
>>
My form on hanging keg raises is totally of. Can feel my lower back mosr of the time. Some one got noce mobility drill? I think hamstring and hip flexors are most important for hlr,...
>>
>>35235078
keep your lower back straight and flexed, don't use momentum
if you can't do this bend the knees
>>
>>35234821
No, SL is fine, it's even in the sticky. They're just being retarded. SS is also a shit routine if you always listen to fit.
If you're scared, just do SL and do 2 warmup sets instead of 5x5
>>
Is it better to ingest caffeine regularly, or only during times of needed focus/energy?

I would think my psyche would be better if i didn't drink coffee except before lifting/tests.
>>
>>35234642
tl;dr
>What is the best method to fix muscular assymetry?
train with db with the weight of weaker side with same rep scheme on each side
>>
>>35235288

Lolz, thought as much.

Thanks brah.
>>
>>35235285
regularly means getting accustomed to it and need of increasing the dose
>>
>>35235303
Supposedly it's anti anabolic, but that's only according to a bb.com article so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
Is a gymnastics rings workout as taxing on the body and CNS as a barbell workout?
>>
>>35235319
depedns on the routines but you can get a very good upper body rouitne with rings only if you know what to do
>>
What is your opinion about potatoes? I'm eating 250grs of meat with some vegetables and 1 baked potato.
>>
Do not want to deadlift because it hurts my back and to avoid it I have to do a lot of preparation (putting a plate on the floor to let the plates rest over it, etc. Our plates aren't olympic size).

I like to do stiff or romanian DL instead.

From 1x5 could I go 1x5 RDL, 1x8 RDL or more than one set?
>>
If I blow a load before the gym will I be weaker?
>>
>>35235397
do RDL and SLDL in higher volume 3x8-10
also fix your form , if your back hurts on regular and not on RDL it'll most likely start to hurt on it too with hight weight becasue your back isn't positionned correctly
>>35235410
yes
>>35235374
they'rea very good source of carb
>>
>>35235427
Yes, I know they're a very good source of carbs.. is it okay to eat 1 baked potato if I'm cutting? I'm eating like 30-40 grs of fat/day, 150 grs carb/day, and around 90-100 gr prot/day. Around 1500 calories.
>>
>>35235458
IIFYM
>>
>>35235410
You should masterbate after the gym, increases your test levels which helps with recovery :)
>>
>>35235477
My question is, is it okay to eat potatoes, a food with lot of carbs yeah, as long as I'm still doing a calories deficit diet?
>>
>>35235285
Caffeine is one of those things you should only take when you need it.
>>
vegetarian sources of vit D? I have dark skin and am vit d deficient
>>
Comments on Rich pianos ultimate cycle?

https://www.instagram.com/p/_ILo_Po-Y-/
https://www.instagram.com/p/_IL33sI-ZY/
>>
what does fit think of peanut butter?
can i substitute weighted pull ups for barbell rows in SL?
>>
>>35235536
lets get big
cmon
>>
Can someone help me find a budget wall mounted pullup bar? Preferably on amazon.
>>
>>35234563
Will do. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>35235484
AND you're hitting your protein-per-day goal?
then, yeah. but if eating that potato is taking up too many calories, and you can't eat your protein too, then no.

good choice with the potatoes, btw. they're the best carb.
>>
>>35235577
>can i substitute weighted pull ups for barbell rows in SL?
yes and even better, substitute sl with ss
>>
Vitamins: right at wake up, after a workout, with meals or it doesn't matter and I can take them whenever I please?
>>
>>35235805
>it doesn't matter
>>
Are there any well known endurance lifting routines?
>>
>>35235812
or rather: it only matters if you AREN'T already taking them with some sort of oil. some vits don't get absorbed otherwise.
but if it's already in oil, or you're taking an oil supplement (omegas?) with them, it's ok.
>>
>>35235818
define endurance. there are books in the repository about how to triathlon, with appropriate crazy-ass routines.
is that endurance enough for you?
>>
>>35235828

Fish oil supplement, a decent rounded multivit, Mg+ and another with D3 mixed with Ca2+.
>>
>>35235846
>>35235828

I can take a pic, since they're right in the pantry and have some time, if you're flying by fancy.
>>
>>35235846
that should be good enough
>>
>>35235836
Sort of

Maybe something like sandbag or high volume barbell lifting.

I'm getting to where i want to be, strength wise, through stronglifts. I will eventually want to transition into an endurance program that will let me maintain that strength.
>>
>>35235874
Yeah, but since it's "a lot" and some act against eachother (like calcium and magnesium), I was wondering when to take them so they wouldn't cancel eachother out. Magnesium before bed, that I know, but about the rest...
>>
>>35235887
>that will let me maintain that strength.
that's not how endurance training works.
you lose the strength, to leverage into strength/endurance.
the more endurance, the less strength.
it doesn't really matter if you're sprinting 100m, but a marathon, and training up to it, will eat your gains up.
>>
>>35235936
Even if you're fat and eating way above maintenance? I don't believe it. When you're above 20% bf you can get away with a lot. Don't assume everyone is a twink that needs a calorie or everything will be for naught.
>>
Just took a shit and the second flush didn't even shake it. What do? My roommates will go to the toilet soon and will find a lump of smelly shit. I don't want to put my hand inside
>>
I'm gonna drop squats from one of my workout's on SS because I'm becoming a T rex. Should I squat and DL the same day or alternate?

Also, I'm adding chins and dips. Should I do dips on the same day as bench or as rows?
>>
>>35236042
Use toilet brush to break it up and flush. Shake toilet brush around in clean water. Literally rinse and repeat until toilet brush is no longer clogged with shit.
>>
>>35236023
only, you won't train for and run a marathon while staying at 20%.
you might run 5ks, maybe 10, as cardio, but won't even get to train to run those 5-10 kms at a good pace without dropping weight, unless you really go out of your way to keep the fat, like ultramarathon runners do.
>>
>>35236067
That's what was implying, guy. You know, maintaining the fat/weight while developing both strength and endurance, not letting the weight drop to look like a little bitch.
>>
>>35236057
Third flush failed as well so I broke it up with the toilet brush. Waiting for the water tank to fill up
>>
>>35236099
what is your goal?
why not keep on lifting, and use that works capacity you'll be acquiring to get stronger as well?
>>
>>35236100
Fill a basin from the tap...
>>
>>35236154
To gain strength and endurance. I couldn't care less about losing weight. I'm a veterinarian, which means I sometimes deal with cows, goats, big dogs, etc and need a strong back as well (need strength, but even if I didn't need it, I'd want to get stronger) and endurance (with a strong heart/lungs) so I can move all day without needing to gasp for air/take a breather, whether on the field or when I need to chase a pig (like it happened many times before when I was a student and went with the teacher to small explorations). Plus, in a few years I will need to keep up with my kids and lead them into manhood and an old, tired dad who can't leave (nor lift) the couch isn't a role model.
>>
How is this routine?

Push
Bench press 5x5
OHP 5x5
Weighted dips 3x8

Pull
Deadlift 3x5
Barbell row 5x5
Weighted chinups 3x5

Legs
Squats 5x5
Some ab stuff

pplxpplx
>>
>>35236280
How long have you been lifting, and following which routines?
Why are you trying to deadlift 3x5 2 times per week?
>>
My gym has disinfectant spray. Should I use it after I'm done with every machine? I've been using it on machines I use late in my workout, but for like my 1st, 2nd, 3rd machine I just wipe it down. Is this okay?

I know rest is important to gaining muscles as muscles repair when not under hypertrophic stress, but how long is enough rest? I go to the gym every day and it looks like:

Arms/Chest -> Legs -> Arms/Chest -> Legs, ->Arms/Chest -> Legs -> Rest, each day has cardio

Should I change it to

Circuit (whole body) -> Rest -> Circuit (whole body) -> Rest -> Circuit (whole body) -> Rest -> Rest

?
>>
>>35236240
Losing extra weight is quite important for general health and longevity, you might want to re-prioritize it.
If those are your goals, why would you stop lifting?
>>
File: 1442194985154.jpg (70KB, 550x532px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985154.jpg
70KB, 550x532px
>>35234307

Maybe lower the volume of the stuff you do on the push days?
Like, you can have a few variations of push days - Push 1 you focus on bench, and do some ancillary stuff. Push 2 you focus on OHP, and do some ancillary stuff. Instead of doing everything in a single push day.

This way you will get a lot less tired on Pull days.

>>35234821

SL is a meme "made" (aka copy pasted) by a marketing firm (led by one dude).

If you want to do a proper novice routine, SS is the best place to start. Other good options are Reg Park's, Greyskull LP, Candito's (though this one is more focused towards "advanced novices").

>>35234993

You can start adding a lot more than 2kg.
For instance, in the first few weeks, Rip mentions you can do increases of as much as 10kg for your deadlift and 8kg for your squat.

2kg increases are only optimal once you have been doing the program for at least a month or so.

Start with big increases and slowly lower them once you start feeling things are taking too much effort.

Now, for the press and the bench, you can start adding 6kg in the very first few workouts. But you will soon lower that to 4kg, then 2kg, then 1kg. This will be a much faster lowering than with the deadlift and the squat, since these lifts are harder to progress and easier to stall.

>>35236043

Look up Greyskull LP, it's pretty much that.

>>35234192

SL is 5x5 with 100% of your 5RM across the entire set.
No other program does that. The programs that include 5x5 have it at either 80-90% sets across, or ramping sets that start low and go to 100%.

Pretty much every single decent novice strength program is 3x5.

>>35234231

Texas Method's 5x5 is actually at 80-90% of the 5RM.
Madcow's 5x5 is actually 50 - 62.5 - 75 - 87.5 - 100%

So yeah, they are nothing like SL's 5x5, which you are supposed to do your 5RM throughout the entire set.

>>35234170

You don't lift more often, SL has the same training frequency as SS.

>>35234254

Keking, great b8. 9/10
>>
>>35236371
But I didn't stop lifting nor have I mentioned it.

I'm >>35236023
Not >>35235887

Maybe you thought you were talking to the same anon?
>>
>>35236350
Wiping with disinfectant is a courtesy thing. I only wipe after myself if I leave sweat marks, personally, so I think what you're doing is fine. I always shower after lifting anyway because many people don't wipe down.

Rest depends on where you are in your training and what your goals are. If you are progressing and don't feel like shit, you're probably fine for now but if you start to stall and miss lifts, feel like shit, etc. consider eating more and adding more rest days.

That said I think your whole body circuit sounds dumb.
>>
>>35236461
D'oh!
Yeah, I thought it was just 1 conversation with 1 person.
Since you want to have kids, I'd suggest martial arts as cardio. So you can wrassle them more easily.
>>
>>35236490
Well, I used to do Jiu-jitsu and boxing, so that's not a bad idea.
>>
>>35236453
>SL is 5x5 with 100% of your 5RM across the entire set.
u wot m8
>>
if I do interval training at 90% max heart rate but don't push myself until I'm about to puke, is there any point
>>
>>35236677
Yes
>>
Rate my lunch guys, left picture is what I just ate today, right picture is what I ate yesterday

Left: 250 grs of meat + 1 baked potato (200 grs) + 2 tomatoes (250 grs) + 100 grs cauliflower + 1 carrot + 1/2 red pepper. Different spices like salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.

Right: 250 grs of meat + 500 grs pumpkin. Salt, pepper, oregano, cumin.

I'm cutting P:
>>
>>35236796
Let your meat rest before you cut it you savage
>>
>>35236753
how effective is the fat burning
>>
>>35236796

Wtf kind of pumpkin is wHite with green skin? ?
>>
>>35236853
It's called "Italian Pumpkin" here where I live... I think you guys calls it zucchini.
>>
Former skelly here. I've been doing ICF for 3.5 months, and these are my stats:
Squat: 72.5 kg
Deadlift: 82.5 kg
Bench press: 47.5 kg
OHP: 30 kg

I know those numbers are pretty low for almost 4 months, but I had trouble with my sleep (I was almost always tired, couldn't sleep properly due to anxiety). I'm trying to fix that right now. I also can't bulk properly because I have to wear a brace 18 hours a day and since it's pretty tight I easily feel full. I still managed to gain weight though, went from like 63 to 70 kg.
I haven't been able to follow a linear progression lately though, I always found it hard to increase 2.5 kg each workout, it usually took me 3 workouts to increase 2.5 kg.
I've been doing ICF because my main goal is aesthetics, but the stalling, the exhausting high volume and all the comments read here about it made me rethink my routine. I was thinking to switch to Greyskull LP, is that a good idea? Or should I keep doing ICF?
T-thanks.
>>
>>35237568
Stick to whatever you're doing. Don't overthink THIS. By spring you'll be out of the beginner phase anyway.
Waste your energy thinking how you'll eventually transition to an intermediate routine, that will be much more useful.
>>
>>35236882
I think that thing is the cucuzza, or zucchina tonda. Squash in English.
>>
Hi fit, essentially I started the gym 2 and a half months ago. Lifting on a deficit of around 2200-2500 (6'1 180lbs, cardio 3/4 times a week and manual labour) I've managed to drop weight, lose bf% while lifts are increasing are increasing and muscles are visibly larger.

My question is, I know you can't eat at a deficit and gain muscle, so why does it appear I have? It's not just stuff appearing more defined either, my chest has quite visibly got larger.
>>
>>35237958
>you can't eat at a deficit and gain muscle
unless you just started out.
if you were actually eating, you'd gain visibly more muscle, but even as it is lifting weight is making you more muscular.
enjoy this time, for it will soon end.
>>
What should my macros be when bulking? Im pretending to eat 3000 calories: 50 grs prot (600 cal) 60 grs fat (540 cal) and like 460 grs carb (1860 cal) in orden to eat 3k cals... Isnt it too much carbs??
>>
>>35237958
>I know you can't eat at a deficit and gain muscle, so why does it appear I have
yes you can
>>
>>35237996
I'm at about 16-18% bf. When my lifts stall I plan to bulk, but starting seeing abs for the first time as a reformed fatty is really enjoyable
>>
>>35237696
Well, I'm not the one that jumps from a routine to another every week so if I'd change routine I'd stick to it. But I get what you're saying, I think I'll stick to ICF and try to keep progressing linearly.
>>
>>35238018
do your cardio too, and the abs might last at least for a bit of the bulking phase.
>>
>>35238001
I guess you wanted to write 150g brotein. These macros look fine. Eat good carbs not just sugar though.
>>
>>35238001
1.8g of protein per kg of bw.
Usually that ends taking up about 30% of your daily caloric intake.
>>
>>35238043
Yes, I meant 150g protein:

Protein: 150 grs (600 cal)
Fat: 60 grs (520 cal)
Carbs: 460 grs (1860)
Total: 3000 calories

Is it ok? It's my first time eating above my TDEE so it's really weird for me to think that I must eat 1860 calories of pure carbs.
>>
The skin around my lips is red, burns and it itches. What is this and what do i do?
>>
File: 1447280347473.jpg (220KB, 900x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1447280347473.jpg
220KB, 900x1122px
what does /fit/ think about HST routines?

consider that I started lifting 1 month ago for the first time ever, though I do martial arts since forever
>>
>>35238334
>I started lifting 1 month ago
just fucking get on SS.
once you're done with it, transition to the Texas Method, establish 5rms, and then work for a couple of months on your 10rms.
BOOM HYPERTROPHY
>>
>>35238316
Yea it's fine. Honestly don't worry too much about the macro ratios. Just get enough brotein. It's pretty easy to bulk with carbs though, eat a lot of pasta or oats.
>>
>>35238316
do you weight around 80-85 kgs?
>>
Was cutting until a week ago when I decided to start bulking. I weighed around 68kg at the time. In the last week I've been eating junk - and quite a lot of it. Probably average of 4000 calories a day (I probably need around 2500 to maintain). I weighed myself today and was around 73kg. How the fuck is it possible to increase 5kg in one week?!

Also, slightly related: would bulking for one week then cutting for one week etc. work or would it be useless?
>>
>>35238790
Water weight. Junk food has a lot of salt, you've taken on quite a bit of water to compensate.

There's even people switching from cutting to bulking every day, but really... just cut for a couple of weeks once you stall out of your growth pace, or need a rest, or want to feel beautiful.
It's more efficient.
>>
>>35238790
Weight fluctuates from water levels, transient gut load, a few other factors. Always weigh yourself at the same time of day, same day every week. Keep a record. Aim for about .5 kg gain per week if you're bulking.

>bulking for one week

Strength gains will often come over the course of multiple weeks, especially once you're past the novice level. I believe you'd be interrupting that progress if you alternate so quickly.
>>
>>35238329
herpes or chapped skin, take your pick
>>
>>35238834
>>35238840

Thenk you brothers
>>
>>35232660
I'm 5'8 and about 14-15% bf

Should I run PSMF for two weeks or should I run Ultimate Diet 2.0?

My main goal is maximum weight loss.
>>
>>35238329
If is starts changing to some round stuff it is the herpes. Congrats
>>
Whats planks all about guys?

Should i stay in that position squeezing my stomach as much time as i can ?

Is it gonna be planned with sets like other exercises ?
>>
How can someone who's never been in a gym before start/act in order to not seen like a complete idiot?
>>
>>35239183
You should cut calories and exercise. You can lose a comfortable 4 lbs in two weeks if you're diligent.

Otherwise you're free to go on your crash diets, feel weak, sick and tired, and look like shit. There might be some chance it'll work for you.
>>
>>35239242
As in, socially?

Remind yourself that you're going to feel awkward and confused. Everyone does there first few times in the gym, it's completely normal.

If for some reason you mess up and make other people mad, just apologize like a normal person.

But probably most people won't even notice you're there.

If you're worried about looking stupid for doing dumb exercises or lifting wrong, then go read the sticky and watch form videos -- Rippetoe has some excellent tutorials. Practice in a mirror before you go.
>>
>>35239213
yes
>>
>>35232660
bros dose anyone here eat egg shells ?

somthing in the egg shell membrane is apparently good for joint elasticity.

do I just boil up the shells to get rid if bacteria crush them up and take it with water ?
any tip
>>
>>35232944
>jogs
>December 2015
>still advocating LISS
>>
will strength training make me better at sex? or should i also do HIIT?

srs question
>>
>>35239418
A lot of eggs are treated on the outside to prolong shelf life. Check the practice in your country or buy organic.
>>
File: Nakata 31.jpg (57KB, 429x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nakata 31.jpg
57KB, 429x450px
>>35232660
So I already powerlift and have ok calisthenics numbers but they have go up really high considering I want to join the special forces

how do I get my push-ups high? I can do 30 in a row does this work? http://www.alternative100pushups.com/alternative-100-push-ups-programme/31-35-push-ups

also whats a good routine/scheme to go up on pull ups and sit ups?

doing 3x8 pull ups(77kg bw)
and sit ups I used to do 100 easily but I dunno what form is the correct one, I only go up a bit unlike those people that go to their knees with their head
>>
What are some intense ways to work my biceps and and triceps? I feel my shoulder and chest area sore after benches but never anywhere lower on upped body days.
>>
File: 20151213_184027.jpg (388KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151213_184027.jpg
388KB, 2048x1152px
>>35239418
well I'm eating them right now
>>
File: 1442194985157.jpg (171KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985157.jpg
171KB, 500x341px
>>35239474

Do HIIT.
You need endurance for sex, not much strength.

>>35239499

Do 3 sets of 8-12 reps of stuff like preacher/concentration curls, barbell curls, supinating dumbbell curls, inclined bench hammer curls - for the biceps.
And rope pushdowns, lying triceps extensions, kickbacks, closegrip bench, dips, for triceps.
>>
>>35232660
Always always always
Price of package/
Grams of protein x servings

You actually get an honest view of the true price per unit.

You want to buy the smallest number you find.

You'll go through and see which brands yoiur body likes and which ones it doesn't.
From there, if your price is close:
Skellies:get whichever one has more cholesterol
Tubbies:Get whichever one has less cholesterol
>>
>>35239474
Tell me what constitutes "better" sex.

Frequency of sex? More endurance without becoming fatigued? Ability to engage in new positions? Delayed ejaculation? Stronger/faster/more frequent orgasm for you or your partner? Quality of sex is a complicated and subjective measurement.
>>
>>35239523
but i like lifting too, does it help if lower rest time between sets/excercises?
>>
>>35239584

You can do both. lol
>>
>>35239573
not him but I got a problem

I used to be able to last bewteen 30-60mins depending if I focused on not cumming or simply enjoying it to the max pleasure while pounding in doggystyle really fast

now If I do the same I cum real quick like 10 mins and I'm out which I feel awful

how do you improve this?
I believe it happened because I put a lot of muscle mass this past year and half and did 0 cardio
already doing cardio, will this fix it? or is there other thing to it

>>35239584
jesus christ just do it in your rest days, it won't affect your lifts
>>
>>35239508
well if anyone is Interested I just ate about 4 egg shells.
dosnt taste of anything but the texture makes me gag.

anyway let me know if what I'm doing is retarded or if there is any real health benefits
>>
>>35239636

You are a fucking retard if you really think eating egg shells is a thing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>35239491
>>35239491
>>35239491
would gladly thank if someone could help me

tl;dr

any routine in special to improve push ups, sit ups, pull ups or simply do them till failure? 3xF
>>
An odd one, sustained quite a deep gash on my thumb, required stitches and won't be able to grip for a bit. Aside from leg work, what exercises can I do? Palm of hand is fine, just can't really grip well.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 648x1005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 648x1005px
>>35232660
New girl I'm seeing has two weeks of finals and she's not making any time for me during this two weeks. Texts back late and without enthusiasm.
I suppose if she was ugly I wouldn't care but it's the best pussy I've had in years, she's an easy 9
And also fun to chill with
I feel it slipping away, one vapid text or excuse at a time
Is there any way to fix it or do I go no contact
>>
>>35239616
I'd look for psychological reasons before physical ones.

Have you had the same partner during this time or different partners?

If you've been getting stronger and bigger you may be much more self-assured, and less anxious about your performance. You may cum sooner because you're more relaxed and focused on the pleasure. Keep in mind that 10 minutes is still above average.

Find out if your partner is bothered by the change in tempo. There's no great reason to have marathon sessions for the sake of longer-lasting sex.
>>
>>35239573
New positions would be nice in the long term, but i'm interested to achieve more endurance/speed, my gf really likes high-speed fucking/fingering,

i've been a sedentary faggot for like 5 years and started lifting 2 months ago, that improved my sex performance but i'd like to improve it even more.
>>
>>35239666
It is, silly.
>>
>>35239697
Been with her for 2 years and 9 months
really, no psychological reasons

I believe this happened since I went from trying to be some kind of sex machine to simply enjoying every "feel" of the sex
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-19-00-04.png (120KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-19-00-04.png
120KB, 540x960px
>>35239666
>hhuurr duuhh retarded
>>
>>35239675
Just false grip your regular barbell lifts on push exercises.
You probably won't be able to do pull exercises very well though. For those, you could use wrist straps
>>
>>35239731
That's pretty easy then. Definitely the cardio/HIIT.

Although picturing the exercises needed for better fingering endurance is amusing. Frankly the answer to getting better at a particular motion is to do that motion more often or for greater duration.
>>
>>35239735
>I believe this happened since I went from trying to be some kind of sex machine to simply enjoying every "feel" of the sex

Sounds psychological to me, right? And it's a healthier attitude for sure, unless she's communicating dissatisfaction.
>>
>>35239735
Are you me? Been with my girl for 3 years and when I'm enjoying the feel of the sex I bust in 10 minutes, less if I'm doing doggy. I can hold out for 30 minutes but only if I'm focused on not blowing my load.
My girl takes a long time to orgasm, more time than it takes me unless I really focus, so it comes down to enjoying sex myself at her expense or giving her some enjoyment at my expense.
>>
>>35239827
>My girl takes a long time to orgasm

holy shit are you me

no matter if shes been moaning and ripping my bed sheets and back skin she still has to concentrate and take quite some time to be able to cum
>>
File: Michelin_tears.jpg (46KB, 463x254px) Image search: [Google]
Michelin_tears.jpg
46KB, 463x254px
>>35239737
You are seriously eating egg shells?
>>
>>35239827
>giving her some enjoyment at my expense.

Physiologically this is a given. There's exceptions due to circumstance and individual disposition, but girls take longer to cum when starting from 0.
>>
>>35239865
yes I just ate 4 crushed egg shells with water .

>most if the crushing was done in my mouth.
next time I will make a powder
>>
>>35239845
>no matter if shes been moaning and ripping my bed sheets and back skin she still has to concentrate and take quite some time to be able to cum
We are the same person bro.
It looks like she's having a great time, but in order to go over the edge she has to work some clit magic herself.

>>35239882
>girls take longer to cum when starting from 0
I've pretty much accepted this now. It wasn't as bad when we were first together, we could fuck like rabbits multiple times in a sitting and we'd both have our turn. But now, we are one and done. Which usually ends with my one, because fuck.
>>
>>35239890
The studies that showed efficacy of eggshells are not perfect (small sample size) and were performed on patients with joint issues to begin with.

If you choose to believe the studies, I truly suggest buying the supplement, I can't see eating eggshells to be worth the debatable benefit to a healthy person.
>>
>>35239890
Use a mortar, and make sure the shells are dry
>>
>>35239931
>Which usually ends with my one, because fuck.

I would double check that this isn't an issue for her.

>she has to work some clit magic herself.

I would encourage this. For many girls, the quality of sex goes beyond who or what is making them cum and involves more of the scenario leading into sex and the person they experience sex with. But everyone is a little different and hopefully she's genuine in asking for what she wants.
>>
Is it normal for a fatassfatass to squat very low numbers? I just sucked it up and stopped doing leg press.

6'1 300 pounds. 1pl8 OHP, 220 bench, 335 deads, ..... And 185 squat. Keep in mind ive been squatting for a few or two and the rest are about a year. I was doing around 550 leg press though.

Also when wearing a belt on deadlifts, is it normal for it to feel 'springy' when locking out?

Thanks senpai.
>>
File: deadlift problem.jpg (376KB, 968x1296px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift problem.jpg
376KB, 968x1296px
Hey guys!
I recently tried doing my first deadlifts today, and almost everything went great, expect one thing. The support for the weights to prevent the weights from falling of is staying in place, but it keeps rotating down whenever i lift the bar.

Essentialy, i never hit the ground with my bar, since the support thing keeps the weights from hitting the ground. How do i prevent this?

Pic very related.
>>
>>35239890
What about colored eggs? The eggs I buy are usually colored.
>>
>>35240097

Use Olympic plates or start with the weight on wood blocks.
>>
>>35240097
Bigger plates on the bar senpai
>>
>>35240088
Consider that the heavier you are, the more the squat is a bodyweight exercise -- a 550 lbs leg press is very little compared to a (185+300) lbs squat. With those deadlift numbers it appears your back is up to the task of moving both your body and the bar, but your quads are not. Depending on your lifestyle this doesn't necessarily seem strange.

Your squat shouldn't be your priority until you get your weight down, anyway.
>>
>>35240097
This is not a problem. In fact your bar is already lower than the typical deadlift motion. You should only be lifting the bar from where it would sit when loaded with 45 lb plates.
>>
>>35240128
>>35240129
Got it

>>35240190
But what if im really weak and need to practise on my form before i put on the 45 lbs plates? I could probly max 10 kg, and that with bad form..
>>
>>35240145
Thanks, appreciate the response.
>>
>>35240220
Use bumper plates if they are available - the ones that are the same diameter at all weights. Alternatively you can simply rest the bar on whatever is convenient at the appropriate height; a box, a stack of weights, whatever your gym has.

If there's really no option, just keep DLing from the ground, there are worse things.
>>
>>35240286
all right, cool
>>
Where the fuck did the sticky go?
n-not like I use it anymore anyway... );
>>
>>35240837

It's still here in my catalog.
And it's still shit.
>>
Meal/macro timing? Hers what my weekday mornings look like

Wake up
Eat 1/2 cut oatmeal
Go workout (1 hour weight lifting)
Come back home
Eat 4 egg and spinach omelette

Should I switch my meals around? Maybe workout on an empty stomach? Clue me in bros.

Currently cutting but I'd also like to know for bulking.
>>
>>35240984
eat as you please just get macros at the end of the day.
If you want you can just eat all your macros in one meal but that wouldn't be fun
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.