[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cardio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: dumbitch.jpg (52KB, 550x745px) Image search: [Google]
dumbitch.jpg
52KB, 550x745px
So how do you do cardio in the winter, /fit/?
>>
File: runners.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
runners.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
>>35223249
this can't be healthy, right?
>>
>>35223249
I go swimming
>>
>>35223249
>>35223350
>>35223353

pussies
>>
>>35223370
well at least I'm not destroying my joints by running in the winner
>>
>>35223249
>>35223350
>>35223353
>not running in cold weather for extra burn calories
not gonna making it
>>
>>35223350
That looks comfy
>>
>>35223385
what about your lungs?

how cold is too cold anyway?
>>
i love running when its all foggy and cold, really helps my asthma.
>>
Kettlebell swings in front of the fan heater, or making like ISIS and wrapping a scarf around my head before I go running.

>>35223398
Wrap a scarf around your face. You breathe out hot air which gets trapped a little bit, just enough to heat the air you breathe in.
It does get a bit wet and start freezing eventually, but it's all dependent on how cold it really is.
>>
>>35223350
Winter wonderland runs are best runs
>>
>>35223249
It usually doesn't get cold in here anyway (usually >0°C, this year it didn't drop below 5°C even), so I just keep running with more clothes on. My lungs hurt afterwards somewhat, but it usually stops after a while.
>>
>>35223249
just get a freaking treadmill
>>
Burpees, jumping rope.
>>
>>35223584
>My life is empty and meaningless
>>
File: hippies.jpg (48KB, 468x401px) Image search: [Google]
hippies.jpg
48KB, 468x401px
>>35223561
>>
>>35223249
Shirtless because I live in fucking Florida
>>
>>35223751
Have you ever got eaten by alligator
>>
>>35223249
punching
kicking
knees
mountain climbers
burpees
jumping lunges
squat hops (i try to go ATG then explode with my legs locked straight, which is different than most variations i find on the interbutts)
straight-leg calf hops
high knees
jumping jacks
clapping push ups
butt kickers
reverse crunches
speed skaters
one-legged glute bridges

..i could go on but you get the idea.

you just get an open patch of floor/ground and move the fuck around.
if it is too easy move faster/more.
if it is too hard slow down or switch to an exercise that targets a different bodypart for a little while.

punching/kicking drills are, imo, the GOAT cardio.

nothing wears a man out like fighting conditions
>>
>>35223350
If you wear good clothes and don´t overdo it, its healthy af.
>>
>>35223350

I live with my wife in Buffalo, NY. We're out the door every morning by 6 at the latest, whatever the conditions may be. A little vaseline for your cheeks lips and nose, good running clothes for temperature and moisture regulation, and shoes with a decent grip on the outsole for running in bad weather. Feels good man. There's nothing quite like a hot shower after a bitterly cold run. The greatest pleasures come from contrast. Getting comfy after working hard. A cheat day after being perfect with your diet. Fucking your woman after you've been out of town for a few days. These are all feels that are made far better by going from discomfort to pleasure.
>>
>>35223249
go out and run, if you use the weather as an excuse then you really don't want to do it in the first place
>>
>>35223768
if anyone has, how would they be able to answer?

you dumb cunt
>>
>>35224607
>tfw Utica
>tfw people throw things at me when jogging
>>
>>35224634
What if u just gotta foot bitten off?
>>
>>35224607
>The greatest pleasures come from contrast.
You said it best, anon.

Can you describe what you wear when it's cold as fuck like these days?
>>
>>35224639

That sucks bro. I'm a little surprised to be honest. The boilermaker is such a huge event, it brings lots of money (and good beer!) to the area and is a fun event. I would think there would be a good running culture. Bufflbros seem like rednecks, but they're usually pretty cool.

>>35224658
>>Can you describe what you wear when it's cold as fuck like these days?

Sure. My wife and I actually met at a running store in Rochester, and we both have excellent knowledge of running gear/technology.

I am a big proponent of wool. I have a few different weights of wool shirts that I wear in various temps. Bear in mind, I run about 7-10 times per week, so I have way more gear than you probably need. Smartwool makes good stuff, but any wool as a shirt will do. It's not itchy, I promise! And you're also not allergic to wool. Many people who think they are allergic to wool are wearing a loose weave, which allows dust and dander to get trapped in there, which can irritate the skin. It's also probably a rag wool, which is short and course. Smartwool uses merino wool, which is longer and thinner, and more tightly woven, so it's soft on the skin. It regulates well, both wicking moisture away from the skin as well as insulting against cold by trapping warm air within the hollow part of the fiber. Wool is also anti-microbial, which means you can wear it several times without washing it (seriously, my wife is super sensitive to smell and even she doesn't complain when I wear wool 3-4 runs in a row). One or two wool pieces will hurt your wallet a bit, but you will need very little else. The smartwool 195 is super versatile. I will wear it as a standalone down to about 30 degrees F, then with a light vest or windbreaker down colder than that. I have several pieces of the 195, as well as the lighter 150 and the heavier 250; you can get a LOT of bang for your buck out of just one long sleeve of the 195 weight.
>>
>>35224943

Long tights are key. I suggest one light, cheap pair, and one heavier, high end pair. Nike makes a midweight tight with a windproof panel over the crotch that is very nice, a little tight if you do your squats and deadlifts, but they make in a pant too.

Alternatively, you can get a cheap pair of polypropylene long underwear at target or walmart for cheap, then throw a pair of gym shorts or loose wind pants over that. The next to skin layer will keep you dry from your own sweat, while the wind pant will keep the wind from cutting through.

A good running jacket is clutch. Don't buy a waterproof one; they're expensive and even the best ones won't breath as well as a basic wind jacket. If you go on ebay, there are some good ones from Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Arcty'rx, etc. that you can get used at a good price in great shape.

Wool socks are great for the reasons I listed above with the shirt. Your extremities will get cold sooner and worse than anything else. Don't overdo it, as too much warmth and you'll sweat and then freeze.

A good thick hat; thinner than you think, as your head produces a lot of heat. Let yourself vent a little bit, just don't go so light that your head gets super cold. Some experimentation will be required.
>>
>>35224986

Mittens work better than gloves. My wife's dad is an old school runner from the 70s and 80s, and she carries a lot of his old habits; despite having amazing gear, she often just uses older beat up wool socks as mittens. I like having at least a little dexterity, so it's mittens for me. Try to tuck the mitten into the sleeve of your shirt or jacket if you can; any exposed skin is gonna be felt. Use a LITTLE vaseline on your face if it's very windy out or bitterly cold. It's a bitch to get off, but it works wonders, and keeps your face from drying out or getting windburnt.

Know what to expect; if you're dressed appropriately, the first 30 seconds of running in cold weather WILL suck. Just deal with it. You'll still be a little chilly for about 5-10 minutes, after that if you did everything right you should be okay... not toasty, but okay. You don't want to finish your run covered in sweat. This requires some experimentation. Keeping track of the temperature, amount of wind, and precipitation when you went out, what you wore, and how comfy you were when you finished helps (though it's one more thing to track while you figure it out, which is annoying).

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other running related questions.
>>
>>35224607
Thats why I eat what I want after every workout. Because I earned it.

>>35224626
I don't use the weather as an excuse. I workout everyday but I'm still not making any progress. I've tried every thing.
>>
>>35223249
i don't know why but the pic in the OP is rustling my jimmies

everybody knows why she's wearing those clothes and i honestly wouldn't mind more good looking chicks wearing clothing like that
>>
>>35224607

Patrician as fuck
>>
>>35224634
What if it just ate your butt hole and then let you go?
>>
>>35225025
Have you tried eating less? "I earned it" is fatass logic unless you're running 6+ miles a day.
>>
File: BZuxCvv.jpg (41KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
BZuxCvv.jpg
41KB, 604x453px
>>35224607
Good post.
>>
File: CVzVlxI.png (657KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
CVzVlxI.png
657KB, 600x763px
>>35224943
>>35224986
>>35225016
Hey man, can you post more?
I don't care about running but this is really pleasant to read.
I feel so secure now. Hold me tighter.
>>
I honestly haven't ran outside in like... 6 years maybe? I always do my cardio on treadmill. This is cause I'm a bit autistic and I like seeing the exact distance and keep the speed controlled. I mainly only do HIIT anyways, and it's a great way to get the sprints always at right length and speed. I love it.

Extra fun to stop the treadmill when the time is 10:00 or 25:00. Just can't quit at 15:32, there's just no way.

I'd do cross country skiing if I still lived in the north and not in a capital area where there's not much nature around me really. Or snow either. Love cross country skiing though. But other forms of cardio are not working here either, because in a city you'd always have to stop cause of traffic and you'd be breathing those pollutions n' shit.
>>
if you don't own an indoor cardio machine you're fucking stupid

a stationary bike costs about £50 tops

either that, or switch up your lifting routine and include a few days of some metabolic work. first choice is alot fucking easier. literally just get up on the morning in your underwear and sit on that shit for 30 minutes.
>>
>>35225207
>responding to bait
>>
>>35225760

A track works just as well, and you're actually running the pace you think you are. Running at a 0.0 grade on a treadmill is less effort than running the same pace outdoors. Here's a helpful chart based off of physiological research conducted by Jack Daniels, the famous running coach (no connection to the booze) that you may find helpful.

http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php
>>
I'm super late and the thread is dead but someone should screen cap that runner anon's advice. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd do it myself.
>>
>>35226308

Runner anon here, I've kept this thread up on my phone so if people have running related questions I'm happy to chime in until the thread is archived.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.