[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else things the sticky is garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x295px
I don't want to get into a debate here because I know that it would be kind of similar to arguing religion.

I personally think the sticky is okay at best but some of the stuff in there is absolute poison. I just want to know if there are many others on here who think like wise and that the people who do defend it do so way to aggressively

>read the sticky

Every time I see this I wonder if some people are doing out of spite to put off new comers or if everyone here thinks it's gospel.
>>
its garbage desu senpai
>>
>>35202416
I don't know, I've never read it.
>>
>>35202478
Read the god damn sticky
>>
I haven't read it in a while, some of it probably isn't optimal, nothing struck me as being outright false and certainly not malicious. I think it's a decent, thorough resource for a complete beginner.
>>
OP, you need to give reasons why.

You can't just come here to troll.
>>
>>35202494
>>35202494
Not trolling and like I said. I'm not here to bash the sticky. I'm not here to debate it. I just want to know if there are others who disagree with it or at least don't treat it like the fitness bible of all time
>>
It's a good sticky but it shouldn't put a restriction on what we can post. Seriously
>>
>>35202416
>Sticky is bad cuz iz bad

Give us some reasons or shut up.
>>
>>35202557
the fact that we can't discuss diet and protein with others?
>>
>>35202552
0/10

sage
>>
>>35202557
This is what I'm talking about.
Just the suggestion that someone on here disagrees with it and you are ready to jump in to defend it. I'm not looking to argue this point mate and I'm not going to. I like /fit and sometimes there is some decent information being exchanged on here and when there not some of the reoccurring threads have some decent stuff in it. But for a borde like this I just don't think the sticky should even exist
>>
>>35202570
Well said my friend. You sure gave me what for
>>
>>35202578
>but for a borde like this

If you dont have anything constructive to add to the sticky then why did you make this thread?

Tell me what exactly you think is wrong with the sticky because honestly, it holds a lot of valuable information for a newbie to fitness.
>>
>>35202578
Nice specifics faggot, you're right.
>>
>>35202578
Are you retarded?
He's telling you to tell us what specific problems you have with the sticky.

You make a thread like
>"who else thinks the sticky is bullshit?"
>well what part of it is bullshit?
>"hurr durr you're so quick to defend the sticky!"
>>
>>35202416
It is garbage and outdated.

>hurr no isolation
>compounds only will make your arms grow!

Fuck that. I should've done curls and triceps extension from the very beginning.

>b-b-but how about le strinkth base
>>
>>35203046
You should read the sticky before attacking it. It says nothing about isolation or machines. In fact, the only thing it does about programming/routine is direct you to some well known novice routines.

>this is who gives you advice on /fit/

Also, the sticky was never meant to be a bible or a comprehensive encyclopedia. It was meant to be a bookmark for novices, something they can reference for things they don't know shit about.
It's even written plainly somewhere that all the debatable points there are mainly matters of optimization for advanced people and have no repercussion on the effectiveness of the guide for novices.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.