[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explosive chest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Barbell-incline-bench-press.jpg (55KB, 437x389px) Image search: [Google]
Barbell-incline-bench-press.jpg
55KB, 437x389px
How do you get an explosive chest?

I don't flat bench, I incline because it feels better. I'm always slow pushing the bar off my chest. the top part of the rep is easy, but the bottom half near the chest beats the piss out of me

I can only go fast if i put babby weight on

what do
>>
I don't know. I want the answers too.
>>
>>35170522
the heavier the weight is, the slower you move it, and the reason the bottom part is harder is biology&physics.

FYI explosivity is largely determined by genetics.
>>
>>35170522
stop being a pussy and do some flat benches
>>
>>35170562
flat bench just fucks with my elbows. incline feels a lot better and feels like it gives me a better workout
>>
File: 1440907006056.gif (914KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440907006056.gif
914KB, 853x480px
First off, make sure you're stretching properly. Mobility is a huge factor in how well you can lift weight, and if you're range of motion is shit, it'll only hamper you.

Next, you just have to work on increasing your bench weight. It sounds overly-simple, but the fact of the matter is, the stronger you get, the more weight you can lift faster. You said you don't like flat bench, but truth be told, you'll have to work on that if you want to develop those muscles.
>>
File: 1449052229996.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449052229996.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35170522
........your chest dosent do much while benching anon, your arms move the weight, not your chest, so you're really asking how to make your arms more explosive.
>>
>>35170602
so what should i do to grow a chest besides gear?
>>
>>35170584
well that explains everything. you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>35170616
This is my opinion, and your probably better off asking around for more info, but basically if you want big chest bench more weight (this is the most important part 90%) then add some accessory exercises like flies or dumbell bench press etc...

Getting a heavier bench is especially important if your bench press is for example under 100kg (220lbs)
>>
>>35170645
i thought big weight =/= big muscles

sometimes i see guys who look like they can bench one plate bench two, i dont wnt that
>>
>>35170522
Paused bench will make you stronger in the bottom position.
>>
Flat bench, incline, flys, skull crushers, extensions.
>>
File: columbu-franco-bench.jpg (295KB, 2136x1201px) Image search: [Google]
columbu-franco-bench.jpg
295KB, 2136x1201px
>>35170671
I get what ur saying, but muscles are a by product of strength, look at BBers for example they all bench heavy weights pic related.

I have aways found the bigger the bigger the bench the bigger the chest.
>>
>>35170602
If that's what you think then you aren't benching correctly.
>>
>>35170724
Scooby just fucks around with 100lb dumbbells and look at his damn chest.
>>
>>35170994
Do you actually think 100 lbs is baby weights on DB? Bro you've been on fit for far too long.
Also scoobs doesn't have a chest comparable to the golden age bbers.
>>
>>35171025
>Implying we want to roid and get a chest bigger than scoobs
>>
I'd get bands from elitefts, I use then often and even on my 385 x 4 bench (to a board) the speed was crazy.

Besides band work do pause work!

Pause on your chest, 5 seconds. And then pause again about 1 or 2 inches up.

So it'll go

Lower weight
Pause
press 1 inch
pause
press violently

Add bands to that too if you want. I do pause benching almost exclusively
>>
>>35170724
Columbu was a powerlifter
>>
>>35171123
he's still alive at 74,5
>>
>>35170522

>How do you get an explosive chest?

shout ALLAHU ACKBAR! between every rep
>>
>>35171089
my bchest routine is basicaly regular bench, incline bench, flies, then pause/explosive regular bench til failure with 1pl8
>>
>>35171165
>2015
>Franco Columbu Tells A Funny Arnold Schwarzenegger Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUYom1nuq0
>>
>>35171165
That doesn't change the fact that he was a powerlifter
>>
>>35170522
Wear an IED vest
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread (maybe that would help with explosiveness???) but whenever I flat bench my shoulders really hurt and are seriously holding back my lift and I feel like its my lift... I'm bringing my shoulder blades together and keeping my elbows at less than a 90 degree angle... anything that my be causing this?
>>
>>35171356
if your shoulders are hurting it's form and mobility. Be more specific about the pain
>>
>>35171316
under raided toast
>>
>>35171418
Its like a really strong pain mostly in the left shoulder but also the right it feels like its in the front kind of where the shoulder attaches to my body but also in the side-delt area
>>
>>35171512
if it's mobility related I'd look into shoulder dislocates and pec minor streches (google em)

If is form your letting your shoulders become untucked. I know I know I know. your form is fine. So was mine. But when I'd unrack or when I'd go for a really hard pr my shoulders would come out of the position I needed them in. I fixed this by literally squeezing my traps and upper back as hard as I can (Mad trap gains) after I know my shoulders are packed Elitefts has a view vids on youTube called "so you think you can bench" it'll help
>>
>>35170522

take more rest days might increase explosive muscle cell count (this is broscience). maybe do clap pushup?
>>
When you complete a successful flat you'll feel it.

It feels great
>>
>>35171541
Ah thanks ill look into it and yeah normally Ill get someone to unrack for me, but my gyms been empty last few times Ive been there
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.