[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulking meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1449378020236-772034651.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
1449378020236-772034651.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
I made Alan thrall's chanko nabe bulking stew today. Its really fucking good. I recommend it to all of you. Cost me 25 dollars because I had to buy a few sauces and a bag of miso, next time it would be more like 15.

16 inch spoon for size
>>
>>35153537
>chanko nabe

Eating Chanko Nabe with some Sumo in Japan is a bucket list goal of mine that I'll never accomplish.
>>
>>35153554
Tfw my hero poutine is the first post in my thread
>>
>>35153537

Here's the recipe because OP is a fag:
################################
Ingredient list:

1-2 lbs (depending on how much meat you want in your soup) Ground Beef, Chicken, Pork, and/or Turkey
1/2 gal of Stock: Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Vegetable
Eggs (about 2 eggs per pound of ground beef)
Large onion
1 cup chopped Scallions (green onions)
Cabbage
Bok Choy
4-6 large whole carrots
2 cups of sliced Mushrooms
Garlic
Ginger
Soy Sauce
Mirin (rice wine vinegar)
Miso Paste
Rice

(If you don’t have access to Mirin and Miso Paste you can find a Chinese/Japanese style sauce that will do just fine)
Step 1: Cook rice.

Step 2: In a large pot, heat up the Stock, ½ cup Soy Sauce, ½ cup Chinese/Japanese style sauce.

Step 3: Chop all of the vegetables. The carrots, mushrooms, cabbage, and Bok Choy should be roughly chopped. Big chunks are good. Mince the onions, garlic, ginger, and scallions (green onions). Keep the carrots and mushrooms together; the cabbage and Bok Choy together; the onions, garlic, and ginger together.

Step 4: Once the stock comes to a rolling boil add the carrots and mushrooms.

Step 5: In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, eggs, onions, green onion, garlic, ginger, ½ cup of Soy Sauce, and some of the Chinese/Japanese style sauce. Mix together.

Step 6: Using a silverware spoon, scoop and shape small meatballs out of the meat mixture. Drop the meatballs one by one into the stock. Once the meat mixture is gone, let them cook for about 12 minutes (depending on how hot the stock is and how many meatballs you made.)

Step 7: Once the meatballs are cooked, add the chopped WASHED Bok Choy and Cabbage. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Step 8: Serve in a large bowl with a side of steamed white rice. Enjoy!
>>
>>35153618
Took 5 seconds to Google. I would have posted it if anybody asked for sauce. Somehow I'm the fag. Thanks for the bump tho. Maybe poutine will come back and grace me with another post.
>>
>>35153537
>>35153618
Holy fuck that sounds good
>>
>>35153655
NP. Here's the video to go with it:
https://youtu.be/BaANIlJy9qI

Thanks for posting this btw, I never heard of chanko nabe before.
>>
I first heard about chanko nabe on that Vice Munchies video with the sumo wrestler. I wanted to try making it but I forgot about it until seeing this thread.

https://youtu.be/dW7n2UP60bk
>>
>>35153618
ive tried chanko similar to this
i made it in a crockpot with some aburaage and some dashi stock
It was so fucking good, but ill do it in a pot next time. Would recommend
>>
>>35153618
>>35153618
guess i am buying bok choy, miso, and stock at the store tomorrow...
>>
>>35153704
>>35153735

Damn this stuff looks good. Definitely gonna try to make me some.
>>
>>35153578

Lad, I should not be anyone's hero.

Weakest most injured trip in /plg/
>>
>>35153618

>Mirin

Thanks bro, I work out.
>>
>>35153537
Looks good. It's finally getting cold where I live (by California standards which means 50 F lol) so I'm in the mood for some nice soups and stews.
>>
>chanko nabe
This nigga

This is now a chanko nabe bulking thread

What should I use as stock,
-fish
-chicken
-beef
>>
>>35154142

>Choosing only one
>>
>>35154150
Yeah, forgot to add it in the post
Any recommendations, brands???
I want to make this so badly based on the fact that usually the end result looks so fucking good and its one of those recipes where you make it how you want it
>>
>>35154150
white meat and red meat don't mix well
i understand that it's bulking but if you're not gonna make it tasty then just boil all the shit in water and eat it
>>
>>35154142

A mix of chicken and fish tastes pretty good. I've never made chanko nabe but that combination tastes good in other vaguely Asian soups I've made.

>>35154176

Chicken broth is pretty neutral tasting. It pretty much goes with anything. Mixing chicken stock with beef won't taste bad.
>>
>>35153957
That's why I like you. I've got a bunch of injuries in my spine that I'm working on overcoming. I can relate
>>
>>35153704
why do white folks always go for that jasmine rice when making any type of Asian meal? fuck man... so wrong.
>>
>>35154591
It's better than generic parboiled long grain.

Short grain rice would probably be more authentic since it's Japanese but most people don't want to carry multiple different types of rice.

It's easier to just carry parboiled long grain for western dishes and jasmine for Asian dishes.
>>
>$15-25 for a pot of stew

Jesus dude, stew is supposed to be cheap and easy, not complex and the cost of a fewday's meals.
>>
>>35154670
Buying seasonings can be expensive upfront. Once you've stockpiled a collection of seasonings it's cheap but the initial investment is high.
>>
>>35155108
That's true, I hadn't considered that. OP, what's the price after the spices/soup bases are bought?
>>
File: latest2.png (884KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest2.png
884KB, 716x768px
>>35153780
>buying grossly overpriced stock
>not making it
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.