[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever been in the army? I knew some people that went overseas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: marine1.jpg (24KB, 470x536px) Image search: [Google]
marine1.jpg
24KB, 470x536px
Anyone ever been in the army?
I knew some people that went overseas or in the reserve and came back drastically changed.
They gained 20+ pounds of muscle really fast.

Whats the training? Are they smuggling test inside your food?

I refuse to believe you get this big while only running, doing push ups and pull ups.
>>
File: marine-beat-down-bully.png (250KB, 639x353px) Image search: [Google]
marine-beat-down-bully.png
250KB, 639x353px
bump
>>
I got done with basic training and now Im a month into Advanced individual training. And I have gained quite the gut, not any more shredded or any of that shit. I can just do push ups and sit ups well, and run good too.

The only army guys who look like that are the ones who go above and beyond and actually try. You do not look like that by just doing morning pt
>>
>>35140985
the military buys souls
>>
Australian Army here.

There are a few lazy fucks and chubbies in military too. You just see more fit people because its a job that attracts people wanting an active lifestyle. So they work out anyway.
>>
>>35141158
I heard the military attracts porch-lizards
>>
>>35140985
Lots of people lift in the Army, and steroids are also pretty big. Not that you'd need roids to make it to your pic's level.
>>
>>35140985
>running, doing push ups and pull ups
you left out "obstacle course"
>>
>>35140985
Honestly, someone coming in underweight or skinny fat with a shitty diet might gain a good bit of weight in basic training. If you go from chips and the couch to hundreds and hundreds of pushups a week plus pullups and running and sprints, it'll make a difference.
>>
>>35140985

>Whats the training?

Boredom. Seriously. When I was overseas we had a 24 hour gym and could go back for seconds or thirds of whatever meal we had.

Combine that with tons of time to burn and we had guys going every day for hours at a time, because they had nothing else to do.

Most of them reverted back to being fat sacks after they got to drink again, and had to pay for a gym.
>>
ok you fucks, I'm currently in the military.
When I joined I was a scrawny little bitch. Never worked out a day in my life. Could only do 25 pushups in bootcamp.
Get out of bootcamp, and start my training for my job. Training is only from 7am till 3pm. This is the thing about the military. 99% of military bases have gyms. To active duty, the gyms are free to use whenever you want. So since training is done at 3 pm, I would go to the gym right after. You have so much time and dont have to pay for a gym, you are basically forced to go to the gym.
>>
circuits 3 times a week run by PTIs
gym in spare time pretty much every day if you're on lockdown
>>
>>35140985
a lot of guys I know do cycles when they deploy because you don't get drug tested out there
>>
during basic training I lost a metric fucktonne of weight and by the end of it I still looked dyel but I hadn't ever looked that good in my life

i miss the free gym and food
>>
>>35141947
Or drink Mountain Dew and play videogames
>>
>>35140985
>20 pounds of muscle
>one year
Op have fun you should fit right in you idiot
>>
>>35141988
This.
>>
>>35142176
You think that's unreasonable for someone new to lifting?
>>
>>35141288
>>35141988
>>35142176
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

>ten week study
>placebo vs 600 mg TestE
>placebo + sedentary: no gains
>placebo + SS: 4 lb lean mass
>steroids + sedentary: 7 lb lean mass
>steroids + SS: 13 lb lean mass

Someone lifting diligently for a year can put on 20 pounds of muscle - that's the best case scenario. If you only pack on 20 pounds after blasting for a year you're not eating enough.
>>
>>35142051
I actually do that also, but there is enough time to get a workout in
>>
Lots of people roid over in the sandbox amigo.
It's very common in any SF type group in all branches as well.
Source: father instructs at a certain school who's class consists of anything from Rangers to SEALs to Combat Controllers and PJs.
I meet a lot of cool dudes.
Especially when men hit their 40s and have to keep up with the young bucks.
Almost everyone I meet and lift with on base are on TrT and a little something extra.
>>
>>35141988
Steroids won't make someone pop on the regular drug tests anyway, your commander has to specifically request it. No CO is sitting in his office going "You know what, I've had it with these jacked Joes!" unless you're at the most ass backwards unit in the world. The few people the military goes after for gear use were probably fuck ups in some other regard and that's all they could nail them for.
>>
>>35140985
Oddly enough, the most people I saw that were swole were in non-combat jobs, because they had the most time to dick around and lift

POGs have so much more fun
>>
>>35142882
This, all the jacked niggers were always pogs

I was in a grunt unit and for the most part grunts have skinny fat dad bods.

I worked out everyday but most people didn't
>>
>>35140985
>asks about the army
>posts a marine

Fuck out of here
>>
OP you must be 'murican if your soldiers gain weight while in army. Here in Finland I lost almost all my strength back to novice levels and lost 15kg (33 lbs) in 6 months.

Being on camps, constant cardio and hectic environment, you are guaranteed to lose weight and strength.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.