[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After doing Mixed grip Deadlifts I can barely do Pull-ups or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 2011-07-07_13-57-07_270.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2011-07-07_13-57-07_270.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
After doing Mixed grip Deadlifts I can barely do Pull-ups or rows because one of my biceps is always weak as fuck the next hour. Should I stop using Mixed grip or is this normal?
>>
You need to make sure both your arms are completely locked out. As you get to heavier weights there is a real risk of bicep tear or tendon damage or something if you don't keep your supinated arm straight.
>>
>>35135884
>>35135892
Why would you even lift mixed grip if you have these concerns? Is it one of those things where you can pull more weight and feel stronger and show off at the gym?
If so, stop that shit and dl like a normal person for gains.
>>
>>35135884
It's not normal. You're biceps shouldn't be hurting or sore. Check your form before you tear a bicep, I've heard that's extremely painful.
>>
>>35135884
> Mixed grip
fucking why ?
>>
>>35135884
Just get some lifting straps, you'll have a great grip on the bar with conventional grip
>>
use hook grip. I blame a back injury on mixed grip (though I'm not 100% sure) so I just went hook and never looked back. if you don't compete then straps are an option.
>>
>mixed grip
you got memed
>>
It sounds like you aren't locking your arms like you should. They should never ever ever ever ever ever be relaxed in a deadlift, ESPECIALLY mixed grip. You need to keep them 100% locked out during your diddles.
Pls no tear bicep.
>>
>>35135909
First replier here. I don't use mixed grip any more, I switched to straps
>>
I pull 200kg in deadlift no mixed grip, no straps, belt or anything

How? Hookgrip.
>>
>lifting with your bicep

Full retard
>>
>>35135909
To overloading Legs and back

>>35135930
It' not really hurting, just weaker
>>
>>35136054
I don't lift with flexed arms, I always make sure I lock out
>>
>>35135884
I lift with mixed and that has never happened to me. You're doing something wrong.
>>
>>35136060
*overload
>>
>>35136036

I pull the same with mixed grip, this guy is definitely doing something wrong. I don't feel anything in either bicep when I do pulls.
>>
>>35136060
>to overloading legs and back
I'm trying to help you here, but wut?
Normal grip deadlift works legs and back more than adequately. In fact, the exercise has no equal in that regard. No need to fix what ain't broken, man.
>>
>>35136093
Shit didn't see this sorry.
>>
>>35135884
There's literally no reason to lift mixed grip
Just lift normal grip and if you're having trouble with grip strength because you suck, use hook grip
If you lift really high weights at least 5pl8 and dont want to crush your thumb, you use straps
>>
>>35135884
You're doing it wrong.
>>
wut? You shouldn't feel anything in your biceps
>>
Lol I can lift 130kg 5 times with mixed grip. Can't lift 110kg more than 4 times because my grip fails
>>
OP here.
Just watched a vid of some powerlifter tearing his biceps and decided to use straps again.

But I fucking hate the straps I bought last month. Is there a difference between longer and shorter straps? I feel like my shitty straps are too short because I can Deadlift more with mixed grip than DOH with straps.
>>
JUST A REMINDER THAT IF YOU'RE NOT POWERLIFTING OR DOING ANY KIND OF COMPETITION THEN ONCE YOUR GRIP BECOMES LIMITING JUST USE STRAPS AND TRAIN GRIP SEPARATELY YOU HARD HEADED FUCKS

WHY LET YOUR GRIP LIMITING YOUR GLUTE AND HAMSTRING GROWTH, FUCKERS?

If you mix grip though, which is cool if you're more into strength focus or whatever the fuck, it's good to alternate grip. I think alternating rep to rep is silly, but try alternating set to set. It puts an uneven load on your thoracic spine and can lead to muscular imbalances side to which (which is even visible sometimes). It'll feel weird at first but go with it.
>>
>>35136181
OP here. I did 125kg for 5 today and 105 for 5 one month ago. I fucking hate my shitty forearms
>>
>>35136195
You're putting the straps on wrong then, I actually had that issue in the past, I couldn't get straps to work for the life of me, it just reduced the bar from slipping out of my sweaty hands. You have to put straps around your wrists and wrap them around the bar in a particular way or they don't do shit, you should feel the weight pretty much only supported by your wrists/forearms, your hands aren't doing all too much with straps. I had to watch videos and look at pictures and practice putting straps on a million times before I could get it right.
>>
>>35136097
Mixed grip is a meme and puts unnecesary strain on the bicep tendon

You might not feel anything, but eventually at some weight its going to snap
>>
>>35136238
Yeah it was pretty embarrassing in the gym when I tried to Deadlift for the first time with straps. Couldn't even get one rep of my normal 80% with mixed grip.
Any good tips? Or should I buy New straps?
>>
>all these anons recommending not to use mixed grip
>Implying it's realistic to double overhand 4pl8+

DYEL's detected.

Use mixed grip, you don't want your grip to limit your diddly. If you're gripping the bar correctly (i.e treat your arms like meat hooks for the bar) then you will not tear your bicep. Straps are acceptable for high rep work, low rep work use mixed grip.

Hook grip is also acceptable if you can handle the pain.
>>
>>35135884
Change the grip after every set. You know, set 1: right hand in pronation, set 2, right hand in supination.
>>
>>35136331
Also DO NOT alternate your grip, you're going to put unnecessary strain on the bicep you wouldn't usually supinate. Realistically it's not really going to produce any noticeable imbalance.
>>
>>35135884
Stop pulling with your bicep idiot.
https://youtu.be/j2hT6JFKXTo?t=42
>>
>>35136181
well if you can't hold on to the bar and pull the weight then this weight is clearly too much for you, deload and get your grip sorted before pulling gazzillion pounds cause everyone on fit seems to do that
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.