[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqtddtot/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 32

File: image.jpg (822KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
822KB, 1280x1280px
post stupid as duck questions here to keep the other threads clean of autism.

My question:
What mode is pic related, on left and right? Ottermode or DYEL?
>>
>>35125051
>>35119404
kill yourself
>>
>>35125051
damaged mode tbqh
>>
>>35125069
this is for stupid questions
>>
>>35125051
I'd call it otter. He's not very built, but he's lean and healthy and definitely goes to the gym. Anything where with a shirt on you can't tell if you work out or not, but you look good with out a shirt, is otter. People acting like these 6ft 170 lbs athletic guys are still otter are retarded. That's just the body dysmorphia of this board.
>>
>be me
>read the sticky
>more meat more calories
>pretty vague
>not very strict
>a few weeks later get session with personal trainer
>says i can text or call him if i need any help with diet and nutrition
>i text him
>hes basically just saying the same thing

is there some online diet plan for muscle gain i can use? something specific? i operate better with actual rules, not ideas.
>>
>>35125596
Look up Jim Wendler bbb 3 month challenge on t nation and check out his meal plan
>>
>>35125596
Dirty bulk up, DNP down
>>
>>35125614

>dirty bulk up
>dnp down

can you tell me what these mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (255KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255KB, 500x710px
If I went from easily squatting 225 to easily squatting 315, what are the chances my deadlifts went from easy 315 to at least 1rm 405?

Nearing the end of smolov and your not suppose to deadlift on it or I would just try instead of asking.
>>
>>35125613

thank you im googling this now
>>
Is swimming a viable exercise? i've seen what some olymic swimmers look like and they have really fucking good bodies. but im fat and pudgy with man tits, im not sure if i could do those kind of workouts while wearing a speedo without drowning in spaghetti
>>
>>35125660

do it anyway. swimming is amazing cardio, better for you then running, and often more funs.
>>
>>35125635
Dirty bulk means eat everything while lifting - McD, milk, salad, ice cream, whatever to gain weight and feed muscles without regard to if its "healthy". It works despite what autists in here and bodybuilding dot cum would have you think.

You'll get fat dirty bulking so when it's time to cut dat off you gobble down DNP which stands for Definitely Not Poison and is a chemical that increases cellular metabolism or something that burns fat for you. FDA threw the ban hammer at it a long time ago bc fat people with no self control (surprising huh) ate too much and literally cooked themselves to death. You have to get it off the internet black market. Check the catalog for a DNP thread.
>>
>>35125613

just checked this out. its specific and thats what matters most to me. i grew up military so its easier for me to just do something someone tells me isntead of feeling out my own plan. my life runs off of organization (and of course its simple enough to adjust this if need be).

my only question is that if im extremely small (5'6", 115 pounds) should i perhaps water this down a bit?
>>
>>35125635
You're being trolled lad, dirty bulk as in you gain weight at a very high rate for reference Novice should gain 1-2 kgs a week, Intermediate 0.5-1 kg a week and Advanced should maintain or gain at 0.25-0.5 kgs a week (this obviously is starting as skelly or low BF).

DNP is pretty much poison and can kill you it's used for cutting though and can work if you read up on it.
>>35125642
The squat does indeed have carry-over to the deadlift, however you need to do pulls off the ground Rippletits for example was made (when he was being trained by Bill Starr) to only do Power cleans(Obviously with Squats and other lifts) and then he managed to DL way more when he finally tried to DL.
>>
>>35125726
Eat his meal plan as best as you can, and do starting strength. 531 is for people who have been lifting at least a year. The reason? 531 adds weight each month, starting strength adds weight each workout. Where you're at, you can progress each workout (noob gains).

Source: I'm doing 531 bbb right now
>>
>>35125706

Can't i cut without the dnp? i have trouble gaining muscle, but when ive wanted to cut fat, i never found it really hard. i just binge on fruit and veggies until dinner, and by then i have about 1000 calories leftover for a good meal.

im considering the dirty bulk though.

if i didnt want to dirty bulk what should my calorie range be?
>>
File: luI2jNh.jpg (264KB, 850x782px) Image search: [Google]
luI2jNh.jpg
264KB, 850x782px
Anyone else have problems with their none hard dick size? Mine is around 2.5 inches when soft and 6.7 when rock hard. This is obviously a problem as could never show off my dick to a woman without intense laughter at its flaccid state :/
>>
>>35125755
What's your weight, height, tested stats, goals?
>>
>>35125754

starting strength looks simple and promising, though it differs from the workout my trainer had me on, though not by much. same exercises but with a barbell instead.

I wanna try and hit that diet, but im concerned. 6 eggs seems barely possible, let alone oatmeal on top of that.
>>
>>35125787

>5'6"
>120 pounds
>23 years old

no idea what tested stats means, my goals just to put on some muscle im short and twinkish so i dont imagine too much muscle would look good on me
>>
>>35125798
You don't start off by eating 6 eggs all that will happen is you eat 6 eggs with oatmeal feel sick and never eat anymore.

As a Skelly you have 4 Options:
1- Stay a weak skinnyfag.
2-Eat at a progressive overload pace i.e 2-3 eggs for a week then make it 3-4 eggs until you hit 6 and then add oatmeal.
3-Drink your calories as it's easier e.g eat normally but add GOMAD.
4-Force yourself onto that diet and just stick to it for few weeks and you will adjust.

Will tell you this now as well, most if not all personal trainers are shit.
>>
>>35125755
Really to your body calories are calories. If they had different grades then they would have different grades. Fruits and veggies have way less calories than a Big Mac and that's why you binge in them and have nothing to show for it. Dirty bulk puts you in a surplus really fast and really easily and it's not hard to hit/exceed you macronutrients needs as well. If your only 115lbs then you do need to dirty bulk as "clean eating" will get you nowhere or maybe like 5 lbs lean muscle after a year.

Calorie range should be 3000/day if you're aiming to get shredded and or strong in the next 2-3 years. Otherwise you'll be stuck in skinny fat skelly mode.

DNP isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be as long as you follow the instructions and drink lots of water. Only girls die from it. Not even joking, Google modern DNP deaths and they're mainly girls from britbongistan.
>>
>>35125826
120 pounds Jesus christ man that's small.

Anyway I would eat 3000-4000 calories a day and lift hard. If you're >>35125798 then I would recommend you either buy SS or download it (there is a free pdf somewhere on the net seen it loadsa times) and then just read the book and follow it to the letter.
>>
>>35125798
drink your calories. Powder oats + whey + peanut butter + milk make up for an easy 800kcal and won't fill you that much
Also eat nuts for snacks, easy calories too
>>
>>35125851

>you dont start off by eating 6 eggs a day
>but option 4 is just eating 6 eggs a day

but seriously, i feel like combining option 2 and 3 is best. maybe not a full gallon of milk a day (hardly think i can afford that) would be best results.

>>35125869

>fruits and veggies have less calories

yeah, thats why i binge on those when im cutting. i wouldnt for bulking, but i dont imagine a 'clean bulk' would involve cutting, would it?

can someone please clarify what a clean bulk might entail?

>>35125886

yeah its easy to find free, so i guess ill do starting strength. is 3000-4000 really necessary? ive heard 2500 is all you need as long as you meet the protien requirements cuz 2000 will account for my daily expenditure, and 500 will cover the energy taken to make the muscles.

im not trying to question you right now, so much as question everything, so please forgive me if i come off as ignoring you or anything else. i just want ot understand the whole process, and all my options, so i can make sure i am doing this right. i dont know what any of you look like so i dont know how much im being told is really just things you've heard/been told versus things that have worked for you.
>>
>>35125900

that sounds like a great way to put on some calories, idk why i forgot about adding peanutbutter to a whey shake.

but on that note, I've heard that some protiens are superior to others, especially in protien powders. my friends trying to get me on one thats like 70 bucks for less than a months worth, whereas there are 30 dollar ones that can last a month or more. is there any truth to these superior proteins or is it marketing hype?

any recommendations?
>>
>5'11"
>125
>18

How do I force myself to eat? I eat a lot and then I feel bloated as fuck and just wanna sleep
>>
>>35125568
>6ft 170 lbs
lol that is skinny as fuck jason
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 313x470px
>>35125967
they're both spaced 5 years apart.
Pic on left is old
Pic on right is new
he gained some muscle
>>
>>35125923

>but seriously, i feel like combining option 2 and 3 is best. maybe not a full gallon of milk a day (hardly think i can afford that) would be best results.
I only mentioned it because it is an option however it's the equivalent of telling a fatty to go on RFL 2.0 (A diet that literally tells you to eat 800 cals of protein and non starchy veg).
>yeah its easy to find free, so i guess ill do starting strength. is 3000-4000 really necessary? ive heard 2500 is all you need as long as you meet the protien requirements cuz 2000 will account for my daily expenditure, and 500 will cover the energy taken to make the muscles.
Don't worry about asking man. The problem with that approach is your progress rate will be slower there is a possibility as a newbie you won't really count calories as religiously and any missed meal will just throw your novice stage under the bus.

This also ignores the fact that building muscle is hard as fuck meanwhile as you already experienced losing fat is an easy process, so that's the reason why we recommend 3000-4000 as it's better to get strong (more muscle) and a little fat than have gained 10 lbs or less in 1 year.
>>
>>35125948
Protien shakes are supplements, there not necessary, imo whey is whey
>>
>>35125948
yeah, I mix 2 spoons of peanut butter in there and boom +200kcal

>I've heard that some protiens are superior to others
nah, don't buy that expensive stuff. It probably has other things added like cratine, bcaas, casein, etc. Just buy the cheapest brand, check the label to see if you're not being ripped off
>>
>>35125948
As long as you get protein from different sources within a day you don't need protein powder.
The sources are Meat, Dairy and egg you should cover all the amino acids required (that's why you can even count protein from broccoli)
>>
>>35125923
Clean eating is only eating food that is "healthy". On here is broccoli, brown rice and chicken breast with anabolic window protein shakes. It's such bs I don't know how it's still around. How the fuck are you suppose to gain weight on that shit?

Also you're likely only at 1500 - 1700 for maintenance but if you eat 3000 you body is going to try and cram it onto you somewhere. Lift consistently and it will be a lot of muscle.

>>35125959
Let yourself feel bloated and sleep. Keep lifting and you'll gain weight. I tend to binge on fast food right after gym at night and go to sleep and then I sleep through the bloating and sleepiness.
>>
>>35125726
Not /fit/ related but you're gonna end up with alot of problems if you can't think for yourself. Sure, it's easier to always be told what to do but you don't grow in character, nay, as a man unless you can think for yourself.
>>
>>35126022

>a little fat

i guess my fear is that i wont be gaining a little fat, it will be a lot, and as we know fat cells dont really burn, they only shrink. my fear is getting too fat in this process, and struggling the rest of my life to do what I do so easily right now, especially since im only getting older.

but when i look at that example of what 10 pounds of muscle is.... i definitely want more than that in a year.

i guess 3000 it is, but i should max out the protiens , yeah?

>>35126028

>whey is whey

what?

>>35126042

oh okay. that definitely helps, more money for food! any you recommend / swear by though? its always better to get advice from someone who succeeded than it is from someone trying to succeed.

>>35126052

interesting. would it be okay to take a protien powder to be safe? i need 60 grams a day form what i gather, and while i have done that in the past, its not always an easy feat. having the powder there will certainly make me more confident at the very least, and at most it will help me when im having trouble scarfing down that extra pound of pork
>>
>>35126028
I bump this post hard. I made way better gains when I dropped shakes completely for more food.
Rich Piana has a good video out there about shakes being nothing compared to real food
>>
>>35125772
Then you've never been with a real woman. Women know that flaccid penises are small and can grow quite much when erect. My fwb doesn't laugh when I'm soft, even our first time when she saw my dick flaccid. No women that I've been with has laughed or even smirked. Just comments on the difference between sizes
>>
>>35126093

being uneducated and 'thinking for yourself' does not make you a man, nor does it do any favors. it just makes me go in thinking 'im a man' and then failing to put on muscle because i was too proud to ask for structure.

think to your childhood and you'll notice that most of the habits you believe come from your own personal thought processes were instilled in you through structure given from the adults in your life (parents and teachers of course). education is key, and structured education has always been proven to be better than artsy fartsy feel it out education.

by day i manage an office, and by night I do independent film productions, and every decision falls on me. I'm confident in my decision making abilities, and can clearly think for myself. for instance, if you take a look at the progression of my conversation even when handed a perfect meal plan, i still questioned it, through in my input, what I've heard, my stats, etc. and asked for more clarification.

when i understand how all this stuff actually works (and experience helps more than just comments on the internet) then i am sure I will be able to create my own plans without any consultation at all, but to do so now would not be 'manly' it would be infantile.
>>
>>35126108
Calories > protein

Also 1g/lb is a myth, mike mentzer shows it analytically if you google it. Your not far off in wanting 60g per day but if you went as high as 80 some days it might be beneficial overall.
>>
>>35126088
Okay, I'll try that.

Which will give me better muscle: eating healthy for a longer time to gain weight over a long time period, or pigging out to fast food?
>>
>>35126173

interesting, so in addition to the 60 grams by meal, having protein powder can only help me even more?
>>
>>35126185
For you, pigging out. It will take several years to get to a point where you feel like you're getting where you want to be. By eating half as much wouldn't it make sense that it would take ~twice as long?

Especially for you if its easy for you to cut fat but hard to gain. You'll soon find out that gaining weight is preferably to losing it and the fear of getting fat fades when each cutting cycle is aided by all the gains you made and fed with calorie rich fried chicken and ice cream
>>
>>35126212
Only take powdered protein if you not going to hit 60g with regular food. It's a supplement meaning it's there to supplement your regular diet and lifting routine.

Don't make it a staple

Also slow down on cardio. Don't waste calories that could be used for muscle gain during a bulk.
>>
>>35126255

>Fried chicken

i live for this, so im pretty much sold on the dirty bulk now
>>
>>35126289

i do virtually zero cardio other then the walk from my bus to my place of work and vice versa... but you know, its a walk.
>>
>>35126304
That's good! Walking is great! LISS burns fat and does not interfere with muscle
>>
I'm getting a set of weights and a barbell for xmas but I thought why wait so I've been following a modified SS for the last month and a half. While I can still improve my OHP and bent-over row, my deadlift, squat and bench have all reached the max weight of dumbbells I have.

What are some additional exercises I should add while i wait for some real weights to arrive? Right now I'm thinking dead-walks, walking lunges and chest-flies, any thoughts?
>>
File: 05.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
SHOULD I GO TO THE GYM TODAY OR TOMORROW?
>>
>>35126472
tomorrow
>>
>>35126472
timestamp
then tits or GTFO
>>
>>35126108
I'm in europe, I buy from myprotein. Cheap and effective, with a zillion flavors.
And protein is just a supplement, to aid you reach your macros. But if you going to drink your calories might as well put a scoop or two of whey in there
>>
>>35126596
that's obviously not him
>>
>>35126472
tomorrow senpai, take it easy today
>>
>>35126639
>>35126289
>>35126173
>>35126088
>>35126052
>>35126042
>>35126028
>>35126022

thanks for all the advice, i feel much more confident about all of this hopefully ill be big and beautiful one day soon.
>>
>>35126647
Can't a man dream of tits?
>>
>>35126665
and remember, it's a marathon. Don't expect to see results in short time frames, set yourself medium and long term goals and go for them
>>
>>35126680

thats understandable. to be honest i was super freaking impressed with what little results p90x gave me three weeks, and since im so tiny every little bit of progress looks big to me and just motivates me.

but considering my line of work im used to long term goals and such, so im sure ill get there with enough time. by soon i definitely didnt mean next tuesday.
>>
>>35125635
don't even fuck with DNP if you have to ask
>>
>>35126720

well you have to learn sometime, so thats flawed logic.

but yeah, as soon as he said what it was i made it clear i wouldnt do that.
>>
Hi /fit/izens. I think I'm running out of noobie gains to make on LP. My lifts (3 sets of 5) right now:

Squat: 365
Diddle: 425
Bench: 210
OHP: 130

I'm thinking I might switch onto Texas Method at least for squats/diddles and try to milk some more LP out of my upper body lifts. Does this look like a good way to set it up?

Day #1:
Squat (volume)
Bench/Press (3x5 LP)
Cleans

Day #2:
Squat (light)
Press/Bench (3x5 LP)

Day #3:
Squat (Intensity)
Bench/Press (3x5 LP)
Diddle

My question is where/when should I work in upper back stuff (pull/chin ups, rows, etc.)?
>>
>>35125614
>>35125635
Don't fuck with dirty bulking. The health impact is pretty bad, and when you decide to stop being /fit/ and become a father of three with a full time job or something, all those bonus fat cells are gonna make you feel hungry all the time unless you get as chubby as you were when peak bulked, but with no muscle beneath.
>>
>>35126904

.... well this is scary. is lipo an option?
>>
>>35126789
read the texas method books by justing lascek. your setup is correct, you should do the upper back stuff on volume days and intensity days.

it just makes the volume day easily very exhausting so many people split TM into upper/lower and dont have a recovery day, but thats kinda difficult to do with linear progress on anything. fug.
>>
>>35125726
> easier for me to just do something someone tells me
> should i perhaps water this down a bit?

Triggered. 8/10, I replied.
>>
>>35126996

just cuz you are comfortable following a plan doesn't mean you should follow it blindly.

remember the story of the fat girl who thought she read 'eat butter' when in fact it said 'eat better'.

i dont want to be a fat girl. and i was right, other anons recommended i slowly work into that diet instead of hitting it full speed.

its even easier to do something someone tells me when i get clarification on it anon, dont be dumb.
>>
>>35126962
Just do a clean bulk and don't get too much extra fat. But yes, one of the few things lipo is actually good for is reducing long term hunger sensation by forcefully removing those extra fat cells. Otherwise they'll pretty much stay for life.
>>
>>35127037

thats interesting. id never consider lipo a good first resort, but i always considered it an option if i got myself so close to where i wanted and needed that extra help.

interesting.
>>
>>35127086
Yeah, but lipo only helps if you want it to and is not at all the wonder cure some people make it out to be. But the fact remains that people who began by changing their lifestyle, and then got lipo, are far more successful at maintaining a healthy weight after having been fat than those that lose weight exclusively from life style choices. I think dieting without lipo has a 90-something percent relapse rate in successful cases because you never get rid of the cravings from all those extra fat cells.

So yeah. Only bulk as clean as possible. Dirty bulking might be great now, because you're already working out maintaining yourself etc., but those extra fat cells are going to come back to haunt you if you want to stop being /fit/ one day.
>>
>>35127177

>only helps if oyu want it to

well... yeah? i mean im pretty good at dieting when i need to, not just in how well it works but how well i stick to it. im kind of a granola and veggies kind of guy.
>>
>>35126995
So I would do something like

Day #1:
Squat (Volume)
Bench/Press (3x5)
Cleans
Pull/Chin ups

Day #2
Squat (light)
Press/Bench (3x5)

Day #3:
Squat (Intensity)
Bench/Press (3x5)
Diddle
Rows?

Something like that? Just looking at it it seems silly not to move at least one set of back work to day #2... it wouldn't be as symmetric across the week though.
>>
Ok guys, this one is stupid. If i am cutting on 1800 kcal per day and I burn 300 walking, should I eat only 1800 or can I account for the 300 and eat 2100?
>>
bömp
>>
>>35126168
If that's the case, good for you man. Must've misinterpreted your first post. I completely agree with what you say. Godspeed bro
>>
Can anyone post that one picture of the /pol/fag talking about exercise
It was like
>falling for the exercise jew
Or something
>>
>>35125051
how do you even train for special forces?

I guess a lot of cardio? like mix of running and some HIIT?
got like 2 years to be prepared for it
>>
>>35127037
it's called W I L L

after a while you get less and less hungry until you only remember to eat for the macros
>>
Should I stick with 3x10 for my dumbbell workout (bench, rows and squats) or drop to 3x5 for them? I only have dumbbells to work with given expense of the gym is too much.
>>
>>35125732
>dnp can kill you
If you are a woman.
>>
>>35125051
Is there any study on the effect in hunger, metabolisms and hormones of post obese folks who start to gain muscle?
>>
>>35129886
>le epic willpower maymay
>>
File: 1391935695324.jpg (85KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
1391935695324.jpg
85KB, 600x586px
Idk what to do for cardio I just run at my uni's track early in the moring when no one's using it. I run like 8 miles a week since I'm trying to loose weight. A...am I doin this right ?
>>
>>35125051
What is safer and better for deadlifts, 5x1 or 5x5?
>>
what is /fit/ opinion on chest pullovers?
are these good for dat upper chest?
>>
File: IMG_20151204_042545.jpg (253KB, 1405x1297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_042545.jpg
253KB, 1405x1297px
Will eating the chocolate from my advent calendar take me out of ketosis?
>>
>>35131088
Yes. Experiment with how bent your elbows are during the movement. Lie on the bench, not across it. They can be shoulder risky, though, so be cautious. I like to do them in the 8 to 12 rep range, treat them like face pulls actually (good form, less weight, higher reps)

I like them a lot.
>>
>>35130889
5x1, but work up to it in small increments (.5 plate to 1 plate depending on how much you can lift) each time. If you can 5x5 your heaviest sets, you need to go heavier.
>>
>benching 185 3x5
>take like 10 days off from the gym cause of finals
>load up 165
>fail the 4th rep
what the fuck?
>>
>>35132081
10 days off is enough to lose progress, especially if you were stressed. It'll come back fast.
>>
>>35130206
Tons
>>
>found that Scott Weiland is dead
>try to pass the pain away by fapping to facebook grills
>fapping while crying
>protein farts starts to happening
>smells like shit but still fapping
>now i identify the female gender with shit smell
>tfw now i'm into scat
>>
File: goal2.jpg (293KB, 2048x1557px) Image search: [Google]
goal2.jpg
293KB, 2048x1557px
How long 2 get this body?
>>
>>35132276
>Scott Weiland is dead
What the FUCK?
>>
>>35132276
>/fit/ fag
>35 minutes pass
>scat fetish
"So it goes."
>>
>>35132323
>tfw is true
I hate this fucking place.
>>
Are there bars that weigh 20 lbs or are all of them 35 lbs? What's the usual weight of a smith machine bar?
>>
>>35132343
Smith machine bar is 10 lbs usually. It also normally says on the machine.
>>
>>35125596
Custommealplanner.com
Also check out scoobys article on bodybuilding nutrition.
>>
>>35132306
Anyone?
>>
Should I deadlift on leg day or back day
>>
>>35132851
Both can work. Just make sure your leg and back day don't come right after eachother.

>>35132469
Literally impossible to say. It depends on a million different factors. So many I can't even be bothered listing them.
But you know what? It doesn't fucking matter anyway, because you're either lifting or you're not. It's not like you're going to stop once you reach your goal, because then you lose all gains again.
>>
My doctor said I should not go below 60 kg (I am 5'6'' female, currently 61kg). My goal was 55kg, should I ignore doc?
>>
>>35125051
given their probable actual athleticism, they both dyel as fuck.
if they were athletes, they would look slightly different, and would be close to or full on ottermode.
>>
>>35133227
It depends. The number on the scale isn't everything. Your weight says nothing about your body composition. If you're skinnyfat (no offense), you can easily lose some weight - in fact you probably should.
If on the other hand you carry a good amount of muscle on you, 60 kgs sounds more reasonable.

If all your doctor did was look at a fucking chart with height and weight then he is a complete idiot.
It's the same thing with BMI (body mass index) that a lot of healthcare professionals use to determine whether you should lose weight or not. Going by the BMI scale I'm actually overweight, but the fact of the matter is that I'm just carrying around a lot of muscle. So while on paper I'm fat and lazy, the reality is that I'm fit as fuck. But it goes the other way too, of course.
>>
>>35131759
Yes.
>>
>>35133261
Cheers! That's what I thought. I'm fairly skinnyfat at the moment, my plan was to cut to 55kg then focus on building muscle from there. But doc just took my weight, calculated my bmi and said that if I keep losing weight my 'breasts will get smaller and cheeks will become gaunt, plus you look good enough already!". Like, ok then...
>>
I've been running greyskull lp for 2 months today.

I've seen on some other routines you should take a week off every 8 weeks or so.

Is this what I should be doing next week?

I don't really want to… I haven't missed a session from I began. But if it's for the greater gains, I'll do it.
>>
>>35129886
Yeah, it's easy to have willpower when you're 23 and hitting the gym.

All I'm saying is when you're 45 and juggling three teenage kids and a job or some shit maybe you don't wanna have those permanent extra cravings just because you were impatient and wanted to bulk dirty.
>>
Will smoking affect my gains? I only have 1 or 2 at night before bed.
>>
>>35133942
Smoke is bad for your lungs period
>>
Should I take breaks when taking creatine or is there no danger in it?
On the package it tells me to take it for 6 weeks and then take a break for 14-28 days and then take it again, what's the point of that?
Is it just some disclaimer they put on it for some legal reasons are there some dangers?

As far as I know there are no dangers as you just piss out excess creatine, will my body not take in the creatine anymore?
It's basic creatine monohydrate
>>
>>35133845
Depends, when you are working hard at the gym you should take a deload week every now and then, every two months or three, or thereabouts.

You still go to the gym, just with reduced intensity/volume/etc

If you are two months in from beginning then I probably wouldn't worry too much, unless you are stalling
>>
What's a good and efficient program for foam rolling, something I can practice after every workout while hitting all the muscles I need to roll? The link in the sticky is dead.

Also, do I need to be warmed up to foam roll, or can I just roll anytime, like before I go to bed?
>>
>>35133973
No shit
>>
>>35134012
Good post anon
>>
Good post anon
>>
>>35133993
Ah right nice one cheers. Yeah it's from square one.

I'm generally advancing each work out. There have been a couple stalls for a few consecutive sessions and then out of nowhere I completely destroy the set and it’s back to loading up more again.

So, maybe deload 20% next week then business as usual?
>>
>>35125660
Olympic swimmers spend many hours in the gym for weight training. A lot of people assume their body is a certain type because they swim when in reality, they work out to achieve a certain physique that gives them an advantage in the water.
Just swimming won't give you that physique.
>>
Just wondering, in this brave new world of ours violence and abuse can be verbal. When doctor's take the hippocratic oath, does 'do no harm' count as emotional harm?
If someone is suffering because of their weight, is the doctor unable to say so because it would break their oath?

Sorry that was worded very badly, I'm not good at articulating my thoughts.
>>
>>35125051
quick one.
Guys should I feel my triceps while doing pushups or my pushup form is bad?
>>
>>35134678
>Guys should I feel my triceps while doing pushups
10 reps, slightly. 20 reps, definitely. Several high-rep sets should results in a big pump.
>>
Can someone please suggest me a good training programme for beginners to build muscles?
>>
File: 1445859025801.jpg (78KB, 620x501px) Image search: [Google]
1445859025801.jpg
78KB, 620x501px
I keep hitting my junk on snatch pulls and clean pulls, am I doing something wrong? I don't have a particularly big flacid peen0r
>>
I'll be visiting family for twelve days abroad, and I won't have gym access.

I should just eat at maintenance and not worry about muscle atrophy, right?

I won't lose my gains as long as I eat correctly, even without working out for almost two weeks... R-right?
>>
>>35134745
I'm doing 3x20 of slightly inclined push ups cause Dyel and Poor. Also I feel that my upper chest is doing most of the work along with front part of delts. Will lower chest get more involved when I switch to standard push ups?
>>
>>35134787
Focus less on the amount of reps you manage to do per set and focus more on how each rep feels.
Controlled tempo, no rushing reps or letting yourself just drop down.
Full range of motion, with your chest touching the floor (without resting) on each rep. And push your body away as much as you can on each rep (don't do this on a bench press though).
Hands just outside shoulder width.
Make sure that if somebody looked at you from above, your torso and arms would form an arrow, not a T i.e. don't flare out your elbows.

If you can still do 20 reps in this fashion it's time to progress to a tougher variation of the push-up.
>>
so i want to start lifting but i have incredibly bad posture.

i have a pelvic tilt that makes my left leg shorter than the right. i also have "upper cross syndrome," where my head/neck juts forward. my right shoulder is higher than the other and both of them are pulled forward a bit.

every time i've tried to lift in the past, even if i use babby weights and try to lift slow i get joint and/or nerve pains. should i see a physical therapist for this? i have a lot of jacked up shit going on and i've been having trouble fixing it

h-how long does it take to begin improving ones posture?
>>
>>35134829
thank you so much for feedback, 1 thing though.
By "don't flare your elbows" you mean I should keep my arms in parallel to my torso and also keep elbows close to rest of my body, right?

Sorry for poor english, 2nd language.
>>
>>35134678
It's a pressing motion so yes, you may feel it in your triceps especially if you're using a closer hand placement. Of course this doesn't mean your form is actually good, we'd need to see a vid to say that with any certainty.

If your triceps seem to fatigue quickly you might consider more tricep isolation exercises like skull crushers or over head cable extensions. Also, you better be doing your weighted dips anon. I have found that triceps are often the limiting factor in pressing movements and yet they are usually neglected in the common trading programs that rely strictly on compound movements.
>>
>>35131893
thanks
why not across the bench?
>>
>>35134857
Not him, but yes, elbows closer to your sides. The arrow (correct) versus cross (incorrect) description is spot on.

Also, keep your hands under your shoulders, not up toward your head, you want to be pressing straight down. I would often place my hands too high when I first started, this can place undue strain on the shoulders as does flared elbows.

For some reason, 90% or girls I see doing push ups have flared elbows. So look at a chick doing it and just don't do it that way. This is actually good advice for most things in life, not just push ups.
>>
>>35134864
To be honest I haven't try doing dips because I barely started with bodyweight routine 2 months ago and I will have access to gym somewhere around January. Surely skullcrushers are way to go, haven't though about that. TY anon.
>>
>>35134893
You could do it either way. I find it's just much more comfortable on the bench. I like to have the top of my head just past the edge of the bench. Laying across I find it more difficult to get into the starting position and getting my head and shoulders supported just the way I like.

If you have some strong preference for across, do it that way then. I think you'll find, though, that laying on the bench just works better.

There's a nice article on the pullover from tnation including shoulder mobility tests. Just Google it.
>>
>>35134912
Thank you for explaining. /fit/ is really helpful today. Have a good day guys. no homo
>>
>>35134848
So you have a lateral pelvic tilt and as well as uneven shoulders? Sounds like a bad scoliosis. If it's structural there may not be anything you can do about it other than try work around it.
But yeah, I would see a physiotherapist.
>>
For weighted dips, I'm doing 55lbs 3x 7 or 8 presently. This is toward the end of my session after other chest pressing compounds like bench or the press. I could probably up the weight more if I did it fresh.

But a 45lb plate and a 10lb is unwieldy already and I feel like it's getting shoulder risky if I were to slip up or something. It's also putting a ton of stress on my hands and wrists. Is there a limit on how much weight I should strap on or am I being a big pussy? Should I just up the volume instead of the weight at this point?

>inb4 skelly manlet
5'11 185lbs
>>
>>35125051
Holy fuck, he has no legs in the right picture. He's just floating.
>>
>>35135066
It's not horribly uncommon to see people do dips with 4 plates. I've done dips with 3 myself in the past. As long as you take your time working up it shouldn't be a problem (providing you aren't doing something stupid form-wise).

That said, I wouldn't go below 8 reps on the dip. Work on adding reps to your sets, and only increase the weight once you can comfortably do at least 12 reps in all sets.
>>
File: rip.jpg (155KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
155KB, 720x960px
I've been on SS for 3 months now. I'm considering switching program on my 4th month. Should I wait or is this a good time to switch? My progress so far is:

3 months progress:

Squat: from 50kg 100kg 3x5
Deadlift: from 50kg to 115kg 1x5
Bench: from 25kg to 60kg 3x5
OHP: from 20kg to 40kg 3x5

My squat has started stalling and my bench progresses really slowly. Other than that my lifts are still improving, should I switch when 2016 rolls around or should I keep going? Me and my workout buddy wants to try a new program
>>
If I can now bench 2 plates for reps after 3 months lifting, how much longer until i can hit 1 rep max of 3 plates?
>>
>>35134991
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>35135119
Thanks anon. I'll watch the form and up the reps. Is arms bent to 90 degrees (or maybe just a bit more) sufficiently deep or am I half repping?

>>35135130
225lb bench is fucking impressive for 3 months in. You're not half repping it or bouncing it off your chest are you?
I've been lifting for much longer than 3 mins and I sure as shit can't bench 3 plates.
>>
File: 1441005595818.png (181KB, 312x310px) Image search: [Google]
1441005595818.png
181KB, 312x310px
>>35133982
pls respond
>>
>>35135298
>should I stop taking dangerous drugs?

gee, I don't know
>>
>>35135339
Creatine is not a drug as far as I know, you can get it through food and I'm taking it as a supplement.
>>
>>35135125
If some of your lifts have begun stalling and you're both getting a little bored with the program, it's fine to look for something new. Training must be fun and that's something that is often overlooked.

>>35135130
Hard to say. Most people - even semi serious lifters - will never lift 3 plates in the lives.
But repping two plates after 3 months is pretty crazy. You'll just have to keep going and see how long it'll take you.
Make sure to take good care of your joints and train your body in a balanced manner though. That's a lot of weight you're throwing around. If you're not careful, it can take its toll.

>>35135243
>Is arms bent to 90 degrees (or maybe just a bit more) sufficiently deep or am I half repping?
The deeper you can go the better. On the other hand, if you try to force the depth and lose shoulder position (something that can actually be hard to see and feel, because it's going on inside the gleno-humeral joint) then you will snap your shit up. It's like with squats. Deep squats are better, but if you try to force depth without the prerequisite mobility, you're going to get hurt.
Do what you comfortably do.

>>35135298
Most people agree you don't have to cycle off.
>>
>>35135298
See how you react to the drugs. I prefer on an off, because creatine retains water in the muscles, and I need to see the difference from time to time. From kidney perspective probably also a good idea to take breaks to see how your body handles it.
>>
>>35135369
You are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>35135381
Thank you
>>
>>35135361
Thanks I just read up and I'm pretty sure it's cool
>>35135369
I read up on some articles already and it seems like there is no danger on the body if you take 3g max every day which is what I'm going for.
>>
how many extra calories I need to eat on my bulk when I had a walk for around 60 minutes ?
>>
File: 4123678.jpg (14KB, 312x247px) Image search: [Google]
4123678.jpg
14KB, 312x247px
>injure/overtrain back somehow
>back pain when lifting something
>doctor says its nothing serious
>stop lifting for two years
>back pains ease offed
>start gym again at 55 pounds slimmer
>lifts have dropped from intermediate/advanced level to beginner/novice
>mfw feeling like niggershit weak
how long till I'm deadlifting lmao5plate again?
>>
Can you properly live off of only protein bars and home-made vegetable soup? they're cheap as shit and provide the proper macros for your typical roider.

giant protein flapjack

450 calories
28g protein
11g fat
60g carbs (good for tren)
>>
>stopped training for two fucking years
wat
>>
>>35135481
If it hits all your vitamins and minerals... sure? All depends on what vegetables you put in the soup.
>>
>>35135574

yeah I put in tomatos, green beans, spinach, turnips, hot peppers, taro and shit.

I might just consider buying 15% fat pork/beef mince which is dirt cheap and just dump salt/pepper/garlic on it and toss it in the oven with some pita instead of protein bars.

Always afraid of protein spiking.
>>
Where did my hemorrhoid come from? Is it possible it's from taking in too much protein? I'm 6ft 170lbs and I eat anywhere from 100 to 150g. I know most of /fit/ thinks that's the minimum one should take, but that is actually a 100% increase from my usual diet and it's the only difference I've made in my life recently.
>>
>>35135694
Are you getting fucked in the ass?
>>
I'll post vid if necessary. But my connection ain't good so it would take a while.

Filming my squat from behind shows my knees bouncing inwards when I begin the ascent. My attention during the squat may be suboptimal, but I really don't feel them caving in that hard. Neither do I have any knee pains.

Anyone have any ideas? Will post the videos if needed. Might take a while though.
>>
>>35135694
how stressful are you? are you doing a sitting job? Are you taking dick into your ass? These three are the leading factors for developing a hemorrhoid.
>>
>>35135800
It's it a bit of knee sweep or knee cave? If it's the latter then reduce the weight.

The proper cue is to "show your dick" when ascending.
>>
>>35135867
What do you mean by "show your dick" more exactly? I do pop my hips forward and squeeze my glutes.
>>
>>35135867
Also what does a knee sweep mean?
>>
Is fruit yogurt healthy or not?
>>
>>35126904
>all those bonus fat cells are gonna make you feel hungry all the time
broscience desu senpai lad
>>
If my pre-workout has 3mg of kreatine then will I lose my natty card?
>>
>>35136075
Yes it is a dangerous drug and will fuck your shit up.
Your dick will fall off and your balls will grow little trees.
>>
>>35135971
I don't mean at the top, I mean as you ascend try to show your dick to the world. It's a cue to help you not knee cave.

It's a contentious topic but a bit of knee movement at the very bottom is referred to as knee sweep. Lots of professional lifters do it and some feel it is ok. The problem is when your knees are caved in for a broad portion of the upward ascent. I would describe this as knee cave and it's almost certainly bad. It might be a movement pattern issue which is where the "show your dick" cue will help. It might also result from the weight being too heavy and/or your glutes being weak.

I think a bit of knee sweep is ok if you're not experiencing pain and your form is otherwise good. Others may disagree. Knee cave is surely a bad thing, there's no debate about that.

Here's a nice article that goes into more depth.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://bretcontreras.com/knee-valgus-valgus-collapse-glute-medius-strengthening-band-hip-abduction-exercises-and-ankle-dorsiflexion-drills/&ved=0ahUKEwjxhZftzcLJAhUDRyYKHXMSBEsQFghQMAo&usg=AFQjCNEDPlIAm-8pCjgvUZUcp5R5ybAjEQ&sig2=QtH3vQUGyeDhIU7Ozkl6Nw
>>
>>35136052
Read the label dipshit. How many grams of sugar? Yogurts can be sugar bombs.
>>
>>35125660
every professional swimmer lifts to get better at swimming.

swimming is still amazing cardio though (better then running or biking) and trains your shoulders.
>>
I have a sore throat. How do I stop it from developing into a full blown cold where I'm sniffing and coughing?
>>
1) can anyone give me an aprox. estimation how long it will take to be able to do chinups/pullups? I am 186 cm and 91 kg and started doing scoobys program.
2) How much gains can I expect in ca 10 months?
>>
>>35125886
Kek I'm pushing 130 and I'm 6 inches taller.
>>
>>35136220
>scoobys program
>implying gains
>>
Is it ok to switch from 3x10 to 3x5 to add weight quicker? Will I get some size gains regardless this way?
>>
>>35128466
That's just regular /pol/ m8
>>
>>35136303
fucking faggot. that's such low volume holy shit fuck you man. i hate you so much. cut yourself..

jk sorry man, no that's not enough volume. please don't believe the strength memes.
4x8 fagot
>>
>>35136127
Fuck off, asshole ;)
>>
>>35136519
Thanks.
I try to shit post erry day anon.
>>
Is this a meme or does it actually work?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_grip
I tried it today (on 1pl8 shrugs, not lmao2pl8 diddy) but it didn't feel comfortable at all.
>>
>>35137264
Nope it actually works insanely well once you have grown used to it I've been told but it's like if you didn't start lifting with it since baby weights you can never ever get used to it.

I tried it and my thumb just hurt too much I think if you can roughen your thumb somehow it could work anyways but I don't know I only ever tried it once and it was uncomfortable at anything over 2 plates.
>>
File: 1336581691916.jpg (13KB, 211x197px) Image search: [Google]
1336581691916.jpg
13KB, 211x197px
Are barbell shrugs as good as DB shrugs?

Also, what kind of forearm work can I do with a barbell?
>>
>>35125967
>tfw 6'3 175
>>
>>35137591
Just load up weight, hold it for as long as you can at DL lockout and repeat as long as you want.
>>
>>35137683
Sweet, thanks man.
>>
Fucked up my DL form today pretty horribly, pretty bummed about it tbqh.

Fir the question: I keep getting a red rash on my right forearm after DL, is that burst capillaries or something? Is it anything to worry about?
>>
>>35137701
It's space aids
>>
I have to take about a two month break because of finals, how should I eat? I will be able to train about a week or every two week
>>
Are barbell curls the best exercise for bicep isolation?
>>
File: 1306842589887.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1306842589887.png
12KB, 500x500px
Sup /fit/, I lost a lot of weight this year and I'm aiming for aesthetics and strength gains. I'm not sure if I should do a full body workout, a split or a PPL program. I know the sticky recommends a full body 3x, but from what I've seen here, most people who look good went for a split. I'm really confused.
>>
If I eat around my BMR, lift weights 3 times a week and do HIIT 2 times a week I won't become skinny-fat right? Also does eating candy and unhealthy shit contribute to being skinny fat if I still train and eat at my BMR?
>>
File: Resting.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Resting.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So this is me right now. At a little under 140 down from 180. Did nothing but cardio to get here. Still have a considerable amount of body fat that I want to lose.

Do I just hit the gym and will my belly, tits, and love handles go away? I haven't really done any strength training before.

I was under the impression that the only way I'm going to get rid of body fat, and replace it with muscle is by dropping another 10-20 pounds and lifting.

Not really looking to get big, otter mode is more by goal.
>>
I squatted yesterday because I missed a day, I'm going again today to get the rest of my lifts in like usual on Friday. But I always squat on Friday, should I just skip today to let my legs recover from yesterday?
>>
File: Resting Side.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Resting Side.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35138043

Side shot. Both pics are resting. Letting everything hang out.
>>
>>35137916
Most people do a full body workout in the begining and then go for a split once they have built a good foundation in lifting and movement experience for lifts and in strength.

So splits make sense then because splits require you to hit certain body parts hard and if you can't even squat at least 2 plates for 3 sets on 5 reps why would you even bother to split and make a whole leg day since 1 excersize fucks your legs completely out of power.

Same goes for all body parts, if you are weak splitting your muscle groups into different days because they are not strong enough to justify a long session in the gym.
Obviously you can start lifting directly with a split but if you have no strength all you will end up doing is 1 excersize with good weights and numbers and then you will either do baby weights or shit reps.

So if you're starting to lift you should start with a good bodybuilding full body workout and once you've built a foundation you can go onto a split and work with a split which are obviously better for experienced lifters.

>>35137943
Check out the glycenic index that should explain to you pretty well why you should not eat candy and why it does go ''directly into the stomach fat''.

>>35138044
You fucked up by not doing legs, don't do it again and if you do you've fucked and missed a workout but now all you did was fuck up your current routine even more.
>>
>>35138091
>You fucked up by not doing legs

What're you on about man, I didn't go Wednesday so instead I went on Thursday. I didn't miss anything.
>>
>>35138091
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks anon, I'll do a full body. Is Greyskull a decent program?
>>
>>35138118
I seems ok
>>
>>35138061
damn nigga u got some bad lordosis
>>
i was doing some clean and press'es and at the top of the rep my upper back sort of jerked outwards like it was all tight in the inside, and then burst out in a circle, now my back hurts bad and is maybe 7/10 or 10/10 if i align my spine in a bad position, what can i do now to aleviate the pain or even help repair it?

long story im a bricklayer and my traps are worked all day so i get allot of injuries there, i have had 2 in the past 3 months, they were both from doing chin ups with 30kg on a belt
when i get back from work i feel really compact and strong but i think this is whats causing my injuries now, is there a stretching routine that can help or anything to add to my diet?
>>
If you hurt your shoulder, how the hell do you even work around it?

Can't do upper body, bar hurts shoulder for squats...
>>
>>35138237
go for a run
if your front delt is hurt then theres no way around resting it
>>
>>35135130
What's your weight/height?

The last time I was impressed by someone lifting 2pl8 early, I found out they were 280lbs
>>
File: 1445959033437.png (326KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1445959033437.png
326KB, 800x804px
Is pic related true?
>>
In 5/3/1, when you add 5lbs to your lifts are you adding the 5lbs to your total 1RM or the 90% of 1RM?
>>
File: Starting Aesthetics.png (303KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Starting Aesthetics.png
303KB, 1280x720px
rate this routine
>>
File: 1417368719219.jpg (58KB, 807x538px) Image search: [Google]
1417368719219.jpg
58KB, 807x538px
>started lifting in september/october
>SL5x5
>bodyweight 56kg
>all other lifts seem to be normal for my gym/novice on symmetric strength
>except barbell rows

Now I'm assuming that SL5x5 rows despite just being called rows are pendlays right? Because I'm rowing 65kg-70kg which symmetric strength is placing at advanced

>"Advanced: The lifter has taken a consistent and structured approach to strength training and dieting for multiple years. At this level, the individual is among the strongest in an average commercial gym. Many in this category compete in strength sports. Strength score 87.5."

I'm getting scared that my form is wack so I asked a dude to check today, mainly if I was bringing my hips into the movement to cheat, which I'm apparently not. My back is parralel to the floor more or less, I feel like maybe I'm exploding the weight off the floor by dipping my chest a bit, but I assume thats cool because it's meant to be explosive

So my question is, Is it:
A) Outrageously good at rows
B) Symmetricstrength.com is fucked
C) Probably form
>>
hey /fit/ I was wondering if anyone else has this or heard of this before? I have this thing that I can do for as long as I can remember where I can throw up or regurgitate on command. Its different from bulimia bc I can do it without sticking a finger down my throat. All I have to do is just eat something and then soon afterwards I can throw it back up without pain or strain. Is this bad? should I see a doctor? like I said Ive been able to do it as early as 2nd grade and doesnt hurt so I've never actually told anyone
>>
>>35138769
That looks like an awesome routine for a quick trip to rip city.

Do people actually think you need this much volume? Holy shit - gotta hit that chest from 90 different angles
>>
tl;dr: How do I keep performing well at sports, but lose just a little bit of BF? Diet advice?

Looking for advice as a female trying a cutting diet for the first time in her life. I've always been quite athletic and never fat, but I've also never had visible abs. I'd like to see them for the first time in my life

I do plenty of HIIT type stuff (because I play hockey 6+ times per week) and weightlifting 2-3 times per week. However, now that I've started this cutting calories business, I don't seem to have the power and stamina I used to at hockey.

How do I keep performing as well at sports, but lose just a little bit of BF? Currently I'm eating the same diet as before but with ~500 calories less per day, as the sticky recommends.
>>
>>35139114
-300?
>>
Ok so I know that beer makes you fat by retaining liquids. But what about other typeside of drinks? What about wine, margaritas, sangria ect (since they mostly have mixes of rum and wines in them)
>>
>>35139176
ok, so you think it's just a matter of cutting slightly fewer calroies. Do you think the time of day wrt the workout matters?
>>
>>35139198
fuck if I know, but if you feel out of energy having more calories will reduce that feeling won't it?
>>
Cutting question for /fit/
Today was a rest day wherein I did fuckall. I already hit my protein the day, and got just shy of minimum required fats for my size. I have 360kcal remaining, and will be lifting fairly early tomorrow morning, should I finish out today's budget with carbs or fats?
1600kcal limit, a little over 200p/30f/30c so far today
>>
What is an OTC drug or substance I can take that will give me appetite?

Please no weed I don't have the money or social skills for it.
>>
>>35139234
Just add butter or oil to your food and or shakes, anon
>>
>>35139114
500 cal is a pretty big deficit, plus hockey (I'm assuming it's actual hockey not ice hockey) is pretty much as demanding as sports get.

You should look into the macronutrient ratios that people like triathletes eat, iirc they carb up pretty hard for performance. Plus seriously, 500? Maybe 300 might be better?

In my limited experience with tournaments etc where there's really quick turnaround between games, actually eating straight after is pretty helpful. Plus proper warm down, and active recovery, aqua jogging is fucking goat for recovery. The best weightlifters have suanas and massages, plus all sorts of other recovery shit so they can train as often as they do, get your fuck buddy to give you a proper massage once in a while.

If you are a kiwifag then I'd fully recommend les mills bodypump for conditioning. Best team I've ever been on did pump plus fuckloads of circuit training.
>>
on dating profile, if I'm 5'11.75tbh, should I say I'm 6ft?
>>
>>35139234
Oats plus not being a pussy

Actually srs, blend a cup of oats, two tablespoons of peanut butter, two scoops of whey, and enough milk to make it liquid. Chug first thing every morning then eat as normal. Don't tell me you can't get enough calories
>>
>>35139267
Bitches love honesty, tell her that you are six feet, four inches, and that those are two separate measurements
>>
>>35139246
Thatse literally what I'm doing except for the oil. I put butter on eggs and pasta and also a little bit on rice. I need more appetite though because sometimes I just forget to eat or get lazy about it.
>>
>>35139192
Pretty much yeah, try to limit your intake of ridiculous drinks if your health is a big concern
>>
>>35139289
Make alarms on your phone to remind you to go eat. If you can't bother to do that, give up, and find a different hobby than lifting for gains.
>>
my triceps are uneven, what do?
>>
>>35139289
Make it part of your routine, I had the same problem at the weekend, I didn't have to get up and get ready for work so I just didn't end up having breakfast, and then lunch was always a half baked effort. So just get into a routine around eating to make things consistent
>>
File: skinny-fat-man.png (57KB, 201x261px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-fat-man.png
57KB, 201x261px
I have fairly defined chest and abs but I suffer from thin arms. Any good dumbbell programs that could help me work them out at home?
>>
>>35136169
The fuck? Vitamin c lol

Look up emergen-c or something like that, be quick. It worked once for me
>>
Can someone give me tips on how to use straps? beginner here
my straps are relatively short
don't want to risk biceps injury on deadlifts
>>
Is Candito's Linear good for a beginner, or just more intermediate? Seems like it would be nonideal for beginners since it only advances once per week--he says you can advance 10 pounds some weeks but that seems unrealistic, to make such a large jump.
>>
Doing SS while my friends are doing random split routines they grab off BodyBuilding. They don't think I'm going to make very good progress with taking 3-4 rest days a week and doing less excercises. I know how sore I feel and I know how much my lifts have improved (excluding bench atm, but I'm working at it). I've got about 7" of height on them so I know my gains won't show as well and I'm not just going for muscles starting out. Is there anything I can do to make them doubt less besides just getting more results? I'm just frustrated mainly and am venting I guess, so thanks for being a place I can do that /fit/.
>>
>>35139247
well I chose 500 because that's what the sticky recommends and this is my first time cutting. I will try 300

To me "hockey" means ice hockey.
>>
my bench is stalling on SS

what should i do? is it time to switch to PPL
>>
>>35139226
Anyone?
>>
>>35139355
Google torokhtiy straps, Russian weightlifter who has a video on YouTube for how to use straps
>>
>>35139367
I did it and really enjoyed it, the control days in particular really helped me to get form down

>>35139377
Do the accessories as well, and do power cleans

>>35139569
Fats

>>35139443
Do you suck at bench? Do you have your form correct? Have you deloaded?
>>
>>35136169
Zinc helps.
>>
>>35139443
You could just keep at it until you hit the prescribed setsXreps. Like if you do 1x5 then 1x4 and top it off with a 1x2… just use the same weight again but don't up the weight until you can do a sixth rep on the last set
>>
>>35139569
You're eating way too much protons imo.

But you should round out today with complex carbs and maybe a few g's of fat.
>>
I was able to drop like 20 pounds and get to like 20 percent body fat but this isn't good enough and Idk what else to do. I even increased my cardio I run like 8-10 miles a week. What do ?
>>
Hurt my shoulder a bit, nothing too bad. Better to just rest it or do light mobility exercises
>>
>>35125051

it's the fuck as many beautiful people as you like mode
>>
how do I not get huge quads from squatting
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
Today at the end of my workout, I did 2x8 non weighted dips. Normally it goes a-okay, and I'm able to do all of them with no issues really. Today, at the very last rep it went wrong. I was about to come up from the last rep, and all of the sudden I got a lot of stomach ache and cramps, combined with a headache that lasted for 30 minutes or so.

Any help brehs?
>>
>>35139929
The excess was an accident but it isn't THAT far over. I weigh 202 atm with a decentish amount of LBM on me.

The chicken half breast I ate for was just larger than my earlier small protein shakes had accounted for.
>>
>>35140133

Nice dubs m8
>>
>>35139907
yea thats tricky bc i dont have a spotter bc i workout at odd hours and the weight is high enough that it hurts like hell if i fail a rep.

basically knowing when i have another rep in me or not is tricky and my mind tells me to go for it about 75% of the time. i did add chest flys in place of skull crushers today for accesories. do you think that will help?
>>
>>35126472
If my post is evens, i'll go;
odds, i'll stay home with my hands on my cock
>>
My right arm for some reason starts to smell really bad around the end of the week like fridays and saturdays about a 2-3 months ago. Just my right arm pit. My left doesnt smell at all. I make sure to give it a good scrub, drink water, eat my fruits and veggies like mom told me to, put on deodorant but the smell somehow comes back every week. Even with a jacket on i can still slightly smell it. Anyone else having something similar? how do i get rid of this?
>>
>>35125051
How do you even get physically prepared for the special forces?

I want to actually have a minimal chance of passing
I do the compounds movements especially and then throw some isos there for the past almost 2 years
I did NOT train endurance at all and started this week already, running happens to be actually fun(doing couch to 5k)

what else am I supposed to do?
going to also practice swimming, a lot.
>>
File: 1395025788914.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1395025788914.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
How am I supposed to hold the bar on my body during squats?

I try to follow Rippetit's guide with it just below the scapula but it's fucking impossible to do it AND keep my wrists straight and over it.

Not to mention every time I do a rep it slides a little more down my back.
>>
Do I have to take yohimbine every day for it to be effective or can I simply take it three or four days a week?
>>
I want my chest to be bigger, but I also want to lose weight

Can I bulk on chest day and cut on every other day?
>>
>>35140654
hiking with a heavy backpack+ something heavy to carry. there is no army in the world that will not force you to march with at least medium heavy stuff to carry.

look up what their requirements are and try to excel at them. seeing that it is the army, it probably requires you to do tons of pushups and pullups, so try to train those
>>
>>35141012
my countries special force has in the basic introduction minimum physical tests running 8km with gun, 5kg load and a lot of shit in a backpack in under 60 mins

there isn't much known since it's all kept secret but there's been deaths and a lot of people into the hospital
the requirements are just basic

I guess I should try to mimic on my own what they do like you said, go for a hike with a heavy backpack and stuff

it's all about endurance and having mental thoughness
>>
>>35125642
I have this David Gravette skateboard deck. It's the best shape I've owned.
>>
File: help.png (157KB, 690x470px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
157KB, 690x470px
How much worse are these things compared to actual barbells? I get full ROM when using them without it reaching the base.
I ask because I'm already hitting 105kg on this, while my db OHP is at 20kg each arm. I should add that my chest is obviously larger after 6 months to the point where even my coworkers have asked if I've been lifting.
>>
File: 191991.jpg (73KB, 534x398px) Image search: [Google]
191991.jpg
73KB, 534x398px
what age did you start getting chest hair /fit/? and back hair?
>>
When are you supposed to switch program when doing SL5x5? Ive been doing it for 7-8 months and still making slow progress. Is something wrong with me? I see people finish it in 3 months or something.
>>
How do I get juicy traps like Tom Hardy's without steroids?
>>
Is zinc worth taking? Does it help test (I'm doubtful)?
>>
If I miss a day's creatine intake, should I take double the next day or just let it slide?
>>
>>35141148
Chest hair at 17 back hair at 19. Also, nose hair at 19. Have had to shave a unibrow since high school. Beard still grows shitty, but I'm blonde so that's a factor.
>>
any intermediate strength routine I can do on ABxABxx basis?
>>
>>35135243
>>35135361
>>35138294
6', 225 lbs

yeah it's not super impressive, it's just bw. and i grew up doing a lot of physical labor so maybe that gave me a head start over some total couch potato

just hoping to get my bench up to 365 - 4 plates then cut. benching 3 plates is on my bucket list
>>
Can creatine cause dandruff?

Never had a problem with dandruff in my life, and the only lifestyle change in the last month has been going gym more religiously and starting using creatine.

Makes a bit of sense since it dries your skin out. Finished my creatine cycle anyway last night - just curious
>>
>>35135694
sitting on cold surfaces after lifting/when you're hot can cause them too
>>
>>35138769
pls halp
>>
If I'm 5'6, 132 lbs grill and I front squat 135 lbs..what should my reg squat be realistically?
>>
>>35143080

Somewhere around the 170 mark.
>>
>>35142368
Most likely. Moisturize your scalp every few days.
>>
did i waste my time if i dont leave the gym witha pump? im mixing up my routine but i didnt get much of a pump today.
>>
>>35143370
Pump doesn't matter.
>>
Starting to go try working out some of my muscles parts 2x a week. So i have a question. when someone works out both muscle group 2x a week for ex bicepts Monday and then Saturday and you have total of 6 exercise for your bicepts. Do you split 3 exercises on Monday and rest 3 on Saturday or full 6 exercises on Monday and Saturday? Stupid question i know.
>>
I'm 23, I'm getting thick black hairs all over my hands and shoulders. Is my test getting higher?
>>
File: damn.gif (2MB, 245x264px) Image search: [Google]
damn.gif
2MB, 245x264px
Do multivitamin/multimineral supplements make you gain weight? I'm trying to stay slim but I'm tempted not to take these. Also do they help anything?
>>
Is this too much back for one day? I do this workout every 4 to 5 days.

1x5 Deadlift at 60%
1x5 Deadlift at 100%
3x5 Romanian Deadlift at 80%
3x8 Shrugs
4x5 Front Squats
>>
how to i get taller. i'm 20 and 5'5 or 5'6. i didn't realize people are judging me in public until i started coming here desu
>>
just wondering if I am doing things the right way..
170cm 73kg skinnyfat bulking for 2 months on ICF 3x5 with 2 warmup sets of 60% and 80%. My lifts are 85kg squat, 47.5kg bp 100kg dl, 55kg row and 40 OHP. I can feel some muscles I never knew I had now and I see some progress, when should I swap to a different routine? Having some trouble squatting already and bench press was stuck a few weeks because of horrible form.
>>
>>35144163
>people are judging me
I'm 5'5" myself and I've noticed the only people who point out my height are other short guys or really short girls projecting.
>>
>>35144230
I'm friends with a guy whose like 5'2", and by far the guys who mention his height the most are guys just a couple inches taller than him. Taller guys will generally make a joke about it once in a while, but won't just bring it up out of the blue like other short guys do.

Please don't think that the real world cares about height as much as /fit/ does.
>>
Will I look like a mongoloid if I belt up for a sub-2pl8 deadlift?
>>
When benching even a small weight I feel pain in my elbow during a push but I can do db press no problem. Should I invest in elbow reinforcement and suck it up or should stick with dumbbells?
>>
how to workout abs if too weak to ab wheel?
>>
Stupid question because it has been asked a million times: should I lift today if I'm moderately sore from my last workout?
>>
>>35144605
Leg raises are GOAT. If you're past working out with your body weight use ankle weights
>>
is it bad to run on sand?
>>
>>35144605
Can't even do 1 rep? The only way to get good at the ab wheel is do it more. Do 25 reps in however many sets it takes until you can do 5 in one set, then go for 50 reps in 10 sets
Keep adding more reps per set until you can do 2 sets or even 1.

I can do it in 2 sets currently and all I've ever done for abs is ab wheel, squats and deadlifts.

Only do those 50 reps twice a week maximum, you don't want it to interfere with heavy squats or deads
>>
>>35144699
YESSSSSSS YOU PUSSY
>>
>>35144894
Thanks senpai, will do
>>
>>35142368
Also have a question regarding dandruff

what should you do to make it go away?

I never had it since I was a kid and washed wrong my hair
then last summer I started wearing the hitler youth haircut with pomade all the time till some weeks ago
never had dandruff at that time too but now I got a buzzcut all over my head and whenever I scratch my top side of the head I see dandruff falling which is an embarassment
>>
What's the point in eating chicken instead of 5% fat ground beef when clean bulking? For almost the same amount of calories you get alot more cholesterole eating chicken compared to 5% ground beef, while barelly having more fat (from the ground beef).

Is there something magical i'm missing from chicken or is it fine to just eat 5% fat ground beef every day?
>>
>>35132306
I used 2,5 years, but how long is a stupid question, You should rather ask how long and which training program.
>>
>running with gf doing the couch to 5k
>I'malready ahead of her since she jogs like a normal person but I like 2gofast

fuck what do I do now
I believe she'll gimp herself since I wont be there pushing for her or simply quit

It's also so boring to run alone
>>
>>35145005
head and shoulders shampoo
>>
>>35145112
I'm using H&M supermarket shampoo, feels weird consideringI have almost no hair

is it fine? i'd bet it's a garbage shampoo, might spend 20e on something decent from the hairdresser
>>
Why reps instead of all at once?
>>
>>35125051
how can I organize lifting, running, swimming and rucking sometimes while being able to improve endurance and keep progressing on all?

I guess I'll have like no rest days or just 1 and have to do like running and swimming on the same day, weightlifting the usual monday wednsnday and friday and then rucking somewhere considering I'm already running tuesday-thursday-sunday
>>
File: wBDjdx1.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wBDjdx1.gif
2MB, 400x300px
If I started doing 10-30 pushup's every morning when I woke up, could this cause am injury or long-term muscle imbalance?
>>
>>35144886
>Can't even do 1 rep?
not with good form, no
>>
>>35145281
do you mean sets?

and because you can lift considerably heavier if you lower the rep range, also it changes the type training you're doing.

example, low weight, 25 reps trains muscular endurance. medium heavy weight 8-12 reps trains muscular hypertrophy. heavy weight 1-5 reps trains strength.
>>
>>35141148
holy shit that pic answers a lot of questions. i always thought the guy wear something like gopro cam.
>>
>>35145282
you'll have to organize it, but you wont be able to do all of them 3 times a week if you want to rest too. an example of what i would do would be

monday - lifting then running
tuesday - rucking
wednesday - lifting then swimming
thursday - rest
friday - lifting then running
saturday - rucking
sunday - rest

then the next week swap swimming with running. I do a similar training schedule to this, obviously change it to whatever you think you can cope with.

Usual consensus is to lift before cardio, as lifting can be more taxing, and try to keep cardio exercises separate otherwise you'll be too tired for the second one.
>>
Does doing cardio really kill my gains?

I don't eat all that much to begin with.
>>
>>35130528
Rowing is pretty good.
>>
>>35145301
Do squats and deadlifts until you can then.
>>
File: 1448630055210.gif (2MB, 270x175px) Image search: [Google]
1448630055210.gif
2MB, 270x175px
How the fuck did I lose weight? I'm 12 stone normally (168lbs) and I've added 100g of peanut butter which is 650 calories, and a spoonful of olive oil which is 100 calories.

I wasn't eating that before, so surely I should be putting on weight? I've fucking lost some, how is that even possible
>>
So I haven't lifted in like 6 months, still pretty stronk but I need a new routine.

Would GreySkull LP with a bit more volume work?
>>
File: 13847129427491.jpg (708KB, 1200x1652px) Image search: [Google]
13847129427491.jpg
708KB, 1200x1652px
Have some very heavy doms in chest (especially area connecting chest to arms) after lifting again after a 3-month bodyweight only break (mostly related to heart problems). Took one rest day but it's still very painful.
Does that mean I did not eat enough protein/enough in general?
Can I go work out today as usual or should I avoid doing chest as long as I still have heavy DOMS?
>>
when routines say you need to do 5x5 does it mean you do 5 sets of 5 reps with the same weight? or is it
set 1 - 5 reps of 50%of your 1RM
set 2 60%
so on until set 5 90% of 1RM
>>
I have a homegym comprised of pretty much a single bench but the spotters on the bench are in an awkward position, coupled with the size of the room my bench is in I have to use narrow grip which works the triceps and not so much my chest. Is it worth switching to dumbbells or a different exercise for chest? Secondly when I do Overhead Tricep Extensions I get this tension/pain in whichever arm I am currently working.
>>
>>35138769
im waiying brehs I want to know whether this is a meme or not
>>
>>35138769
Is that scooby to the left
>>
>>35125051
Should I use a belt like pic related for Power Cleans? Is it safe to use it for 5 rep sets?
>>
>>35144313
Yes. learn to progress without a belt first.
>>
>>35146131
I didn't make this
>>
>>35145394
Are you counting ALL of your calories daily?
>>
File: 1449243816857.jpg (25KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1449243816857.jpg
25KB, 396x385px
rank these 3 exercises
the goal is juicy triceps

1. lying triceps extension (like Rippletits shows)
2. close-grip bench press
3. weighted dips
>>
>>35145343
No, unless you're doing literal hours of it or you're running a marathon, it will have little impact on gains if you do it on your rest days. Just make sure to eat enough to make up for the calories your burned while doing cardio.
>>
File: 1429978190447.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429978190447.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>35146237
>weighted dips
>>
>>35146218
yeah, I eat the exact same thing every day
half a galllon of milk, x2 weetabix for breakfast and dinner is always the same
after adding the new food on I've lost weight
>>
File: thp-wrist-wrap-36-inch-2.jpg (111KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
thp-wrist-wrap-36-inch-2.jpg
111KB, 500x324px
>>35125051
What is the advantage of having 36 inch wrist wraps over 24, 18, 12, etc.
>>
If I fasted on 1 delicious satiating meal a day to lose 15kg and shrink my stomach. How much of that would be muscle?
>>
>>35146495
Nevermind, it's 3kg of muscle loss. Going to do it.
>>
>>35146050

bump
>>
Hopefully this post gets seen even though this thread is at bump limit, but does anyone know if it's alright to subtract some fat calories from burgers and bacon you cook if you pour it out from your pan and weigh it? I just cooked a half pound of ground beef and four slices of bacon for lunch and 48g of grease was leftover after I was done. Would I need to let the hot grease solidify so it separates from the water to get the actual grams of fat I could not count in my daily intake? Usually I just assume I'm getting all those calories but I was curious about those extra steps to be more accurate
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.