[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is a 3 day program enough frequency??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1448771294811.jpg (44KB, 449x674px) Image search: [Google]
1448771294811.jpg
44KB, 449x674px
is a 3 day program enough frequency??

im dong blahabhalbha icf 5x5 and it feels like i dont hit hte gym enough even though im there like 2 hrs every workout and exhaust myself by the end
>>
For strength, yes

For aesthetics, no
>>
>>35105509
that's a big backpack

for me
>>
>>35105653
How often should you train for aesthetics? Natty obviously
>>
>>35105509
Yes a 3 day full body is absolutely fine for a beginner, especially with the amount of volume ICF has. I gained a lot of size from doing it, definitely more than I would have gained doing something like SS or normal SL
>>
>>35105509

Fuck 5x5 it's unnecessary unless you need the extra volume to continue progression. Do SS or greyskull. What you feel like is irrelevant. Are you getting stronger, is the scale going up, and can you see new gains? That's what you should focus on. If none of those things are happening, you either need more volume or recovery.

And I really mean it, fuck 5x5, you don't need the volume for a beginner or even as early/mid intermediate. What happens when your body becomes accustomed to it? You'll have to add even more.
>>
>>35105733
PPLPPLx or PPLxPPL for maximum gains

PxPxLxx is the same as doing a brosplit.
>>
>>35105771
5x5 is fine for a beginner because it forces you to practice form. Once you stall though you should immediately switch to 3x5.
>>
>>35105792

And how does 3x5 not allow you to practice form? It makes zero sense to start a beginner on a higher volume program to only put them on another beginner program of lower volume. Unless they're having recovery or injury issues or some shit. If he was doing olympic lifting, then you'd have an argument.
>>
>Do SS
>go to concentration camp
>Do SL
>join ISIS
>Do ICF
>kill a man, FBI sends you the UK, become obese sperglord

Nah 3 day plans suck OP
>>
>>35105792
>do a new 5 rep max for 5 sets on everything every workout
>you'll get good form!

No your form will be shit because its too much fucking volume and you'll hurt yourself.
>>
>>35105817
5x5 lets you practice more because it has more volume, duh. If an untrained couch potato with no PT enters the gym he needs all the practice he can get. Sure, he can do 3x5 and afterward spend some extra time practicing but he may as well do 5x5 then. 5x5 ensures that a complete beginner starting with an empty bar gets a lot of practice. If you tell the beginner "do 3x5 and practice afterward" then you have no idea how much they are practicing or even if they are practicing at all, it's an inconsistent and ambiguous thing to say which is the exact opposite of what a beginner program needs. And before you say that 3x5 is enough practice on its own, there are great lifters who are still working on improving their form even after years of experience so no, a beginner will not master the squat after 3 months of 3x5 or 5x5 but they will get a lot better at it with 5x5.

>>35105871
if the lifter fails at 45 lb squat then obviously he should switch to 3x5. if a beginner starts immediately at his 5 rep max then he's going to hurt himself regardless of whether or not its 3x5 or 5x5.
>>
>>35105785
PPL is legit. I do PPLxPPLx and its been working pretty well.

Too many people skip the rest day but i don't think working out 6 days in a row is a good idea.
>>
3d/w is fine
>>35105653
wot
if u want to get swol get strong and add in bodybuilding every session
hitting a muscle over twice a week is overkill anyway desu senpai
>>
>>35106106
>hitting a muscle over twice a week is overkill anyway desu senpai
Hypertrophy lasts 72 hours max senpai desu
>>
>>35106020
it depends on the split. I do ABCABCx and rarely do I get too tired to increase reps or weight each week, and when I do I just take a week off. Each muscle group gets 72 hours to recover which is just on the edge of overtraining but not there imo
>>
>>35106106
ayy post pics or post shit
your body progress on 3 days a week GO
>>
>>35105678
FOR YOU
>>
>>35105785
>>35106020
>>35106144

do you have heavy/light days? like first 3 days heavy compounds next 3 days ligthter?
>>
>>35106190
Nope, just progressive overload twice a week.
>>
>>35106125
alrite lad nice to know science on this is so precise n stuff thanks for that but id rather listen to coaches who have actually been training people for decades desu senpai
>>35106161
lol r u gay or something
also fyi how you look is very much down to genetics, listening to the biggest/most shredded guy often isnt the best thing to do, as he may well have got that way just because hes gifted
:^)
>>
>>35106207
ayy fag pretending to be me

>>35106190
no but I should start. I usually go all the way every day like a real man
>>
File: 7 months.png (41KB, 419x502px) Image search: [Google]
7 months.png
41KB, 419x502px
>>35106020
>>35106144

I do PPLPPLx and I never get super fatigued, basically have to force myself to take a day off once a week, I guess if I did have that one day off a week I would though.

Puck related, my stats after a little less than a year, still improving pretty fast especially on ded and squads
>>
>>35106209
so what you're trying to say is
>i read a shitty article about and/or tried it myself and it didn't work for some unrelated reason
>>
>>35106241
nah senpai, im saying p much everything works, as long as u
>get strong and add in bodybuilding every session
ull get swoler
hitting a muscle over twice a week probs wont give u anything extra, and if u go way overboard ull just make no gains or regress
>>
>>35105771
>What happens when your body becomes accustomed to it? You'll have to add even more.

erm... or just ratchet up the weight? oh wait that would mean getting stronger, scratch that.
>>
>>35105509
if you work out for 6 hours in a week, does it matter if it happens in 3 days or 6?
>>
Yes, muscle protein synthesis only last 24-48 hours after training so training full body every other day is way better than a split because you get the optimal amount of stimulation on your muscles. You will get stronger AND bigger.
>>
ive been doing reg parks 5x5 consistently for a month and am noticing a big increase in strength
i still have a little bit of a belly that i want to get rid of. what should i do if im doing mon-wed-fri lifting?
should i do HIIT on tues-thurs?
>>
>>35106215
Routine please?
searching for a PPL routine to do like PPLPPLx (cause I can't go to the gym on Sundays, it's closed).
>>
>>35108119

PULL
Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

PPLPPLx
>>
>>35105509
Does any1 know where i can get this backpack?
>>
>>35105785
wtf does PPLX even mean?
>>
>>35108155
Is 2 sets of squats really enough, senpai?
>>
>>35109316
Push, pull, legs, rest.
>>
>>35105509

Let me guess: he was sexually assaulted on that backpack, and he's going to carry it until graduation. Was I close?
>>
>>35105509
You're a beginner you are supposed to go 3x a week especially if you are looking to get stronger.
Your work capacity is shit right now and going 3x a week is more than enough.
Once you hit decent numbers i.e 1/2/3/4 for reps then sure you can start jumping to PPL or any other dumbass shit you wanna do.
>>
>>35110115
>Implying PPL is a dumbass routine
Literally similar to an upper lower split which is perfectly fine for even a beginner technically.
I wouldn't say you have to hit 1/2/3/4 for reps before moving to a ppl but you should definitely do a strength training program first to get an idea of what you're doing
>>
>>35110073

yeah man. its 3 sets of squats 2x5, and 1xAMRAP and you do that twice a week. I promise its plenty of volume
>>
>>35105792
This is exactly what I did and I have seen good progress (went from 162 to ~190 since August 24th). 5x5 was a good way to start, gave me lots of practice, but the volume became too much. I stalled on everything a few times and just decided to pretty much do SS. Since then my numbers have kept climbing with only a few stalls.
>>
>>35112165
also, FWIW, yes a fair amount of the weight gained has been fat since I would rather overeat than starve my muscles and have wasted gains. My goal is to get up to about 200lbs by early spring before I cut.
>>
>>35110115
1/2/3/4 for reps can take a long time -- to achieve this before I work for aesthetics isn't very appealing. Right now I'm at 125/190/240/300 (93%/84%/76%/74%) and I look like a T. Rex.

I haven't quit SS yet, but I really want to make some changes so my upper body will catch up. I would be a lot happier if my sleeves got tighter before I had to buy new pants.
>>
>>35105509
brosplit trains each body part 52 a year

PPL/upper&lower trains each body part 104 times a year

fullbody trains each body part 156 times a year
>>
>>35112365
>what is volume
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.