[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did /fit/ ruin your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_2015-10-11-03-35-00.png (201KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-11-03-35-00.png
201KB, 720x1280px
I personally fell for the SS meme and wasted 6 months of lifting
>>
>>35066730
I fell for the SS meme and made the best gainz of my life
>>
>>35066818
same
>>
>>35066730
I've become very fucking obsessive woth what I eat . wife offers to make food and I say no.
eating dinner with the family I have a fucking scale next to me to weigh all my food.
get nervous and anxious on rest days because I'm paranoid my efforts will be destroyed after one day .
I dream about doing pull ups
I dream about running
I have nightmares about eating cake
everyone says I look so much better than 5 months ago but I still think I look like shit.
start adding extras to my workouts because I feel I ain't doing enough even tho I know I should limit what I do so I don't overwork my self.

Every week that passes I'm not sure if I should cut or bulk because I feel like I'm getting fat again so I'm constantly changing my diet.

h-help me fit
>>
>>35066730
i know you're a troll, but you should really stop with threads like this, they confuse noobs.
>>
>>35066730

I fell for the SL meme and put on muscle mass everywhere in two months

fuck OHP tho
>>
More things to obsess about, lifting diet etc. I swear I have some mild ocd that has been getting worse the more I get into my adult years. I was so careless as a child but now I have to try hard to not wind up in full autist mode
>>
>>35066930
This
I'm so tired of people actually wanting to improve their life being confused and making threads about it because of stupid faggots like OP. Shit should be an autoban for a month.
>>
>>35066730
I fell for the SS meme and got a solid foundation that greatly helped me with my lifts when I changed my routine.
>>
>>35066932
>fuck OHP tho
Why?
>>
>>35066914
You have full blown body dysmorphia. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>35066930
Yeah, SS/SL can combined with eating your calories (Not all in coke like that damn idiot did) can do wonders for noobs coming in.
>>
>>35066730
agreed, I didn't want to make it, and then I did SS and made it.
>>
tb(q)h, I haven't followed a routine for a long ass time and I've never really plateaued, although I've gone through phases where I stopped caring and obv atrophied.

singles stats:
495 dl
405 sq
235 binch (only benched for maybe half of time lifting)
165 OHP
1.5 year liftan
175 bw

I don't buy into following obscure progression programming. I think of reps as just an arbitrary measure based on the weight you're using. Though I train for power, I don't really look like it, and I really decide during every workout how much I'm going to do. I'll be warming up squat and just go off of feeling for whether I want to do sets of five, doubles, or a heavy single, and I'll mix it up within one workout (i.e. 3x3 and then a double then a heavy single or vice versa).

People get all butthurt about "SS memes" but idk I guess people just suck at everything and have no willpower collectively. I also toy with my diet and bodyweight freely without any apps or diet programs. I can fluctuate way more than is recommended in a month.

Just today I was planning on hitting triples at 335 but instead went for a heavy single at 385 squat, which is the heaviest I've gone in a couple months, and then I was relatively burnt out so I did doubles climbing back down to 135. Es geht um Gefuehle, Brueder.
>>
>>35066914
>h-help me fit
You don't need help. You're on the proper path of becoming a sick cunt and transcending humanity. Keep it up, friend, so you may leave humanity behind.
>>
>>35067021
I guess it was really hard for him to OHP well when he started.
I still hate row because when I started I had a hard time getting an ok form.
>>
>all these trolls pretending they got SS results
literally nobody has ever gotten good results from SS, unless all you care about is strength.
>>
>>35067207
wow, its amazing that a program called starting STRENGTH, would increase strength for beginners.

truly impresssed by your skills of deduction.
>>
>>35067021
He probably got mad that he couldn't progress as easily on OHP as other lifts. 9/10 the people who say they hate OHP don't understand the form and don't understand why they can't progress like their squat and deadlift so they get super insecure about lifting under a pl8 on it.
>>
>>35067207
Attention reader, lifts go up cause mechanical advantage goes up, mechanical advantage goes up cause muscles get bigger.

Train strength.
>>
I got trolled into doing SS for 5 months too. I was eating 3500 calories a day as a spooky skeleton. I didn't get fat because I'm not retarded, but pretty much the only results I got were in my legs due to squats. This killed my motivation after the 5 months, stopped lifting for over a year then went back.

And then a year after that I started pinning, also because of /fit/, so I guess it ended up working out. Too bad about the wasted year and a half.
>>
Fell for the ICF meme. There's no ice cream at all =[
>>
>>35067021

the stalls man, the stalls...
>>
File: 1446601850578.png (1MB, 880x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446601850578.png
1MB, 880x1080px
>>35067261
Just fuckin' lol at training strength. What's the point unless you're heading for a PL competition? I mean really, who're you trying to impress with a 5 plate squat? Your mom? That girl across the gym doing stupid whore stretches? The boys?

That last one is a legit reason.
>>
>>35067227
Every time there's an SS thread, some mouthbreathing retard points this out like /fit/ doesn't parrot the SS meme to every new beginner regardless of goals. It got slightly better recently because people are realizing SS is fucking retarded, that brosplits do actually work for people with aesthetics goals and that if you actually do want strength to start out with, you can still work towards aesthetics with a non-retarded beginner routine with LP in mind (GSLP, candito's, etc).

If you've been here on /fit/ for years though, you've seen all the phases we've been in. The "SS fits all" portion of /fit/ by was far the worst, but to be fair that was mostly just to have an easy answer to shoot at newbies because nobody wants to take the time to help everyone.
>>
>>35066730
>not doing GOCAD

Its like you wanna stay small.
>>
>>35067083
the sad part is I will never know when I have made it.
>>
>>35067490
>the sad part is I will never know when I have made it.
The only way to make it is if you leave humanity behind. A human will never "make it" because he'll always want more.
>>
The more /fit/ I get, the more futa hentai I watch.

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
>>
>>35066730
sorry that you were too autistic to actually read the fucking sticky. SS isn't a meme, it's a solid, proven, and very simple lifting routine for beginners. A split routine is much more effective if you start with SS for a few months first. Whether or not you do GOMAD diet is entirely dependent on your body composition at the start. fatasses should start with cardio programs like couch-to-5k first anyways.
>>
>>35067326
>there is no reason to lift weights besides bodybuilding and powerlifting

This is 110% true

Greentexted with my iphone galaxy 6 note 5
>>
File: 20151126_231342-2.jpg (2MB, 2394x1692px) Image search: [Google]
20151126_231342-2.jpg
2MB, 2394x1692px
/fit/ made me aware of my genetic deficiencies and now i am extremely anxious + depressed.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>35067326
Hey man if your pleased puffing your little skelly-sponges up go right on the course, but you'll never get any bigger like that, you gotta train strength to progress.
>>
>>35067668
Lack of food is not a genetic deficiency. Those wide hips are though.
>>
>>35067713
>a slight physical variation that only closeted gay neckbeards notice
>genetic deficiency

Nope I believe you're the one with the deficiancy you autistic faggot.
>>
Before fit I was so confident with girls and actually got laid.

After fit i became self conscious about my height and physique and became socially retarded.

Haven't been gotten laid in almost 2 fucking years.
>>
File: 11 months brosplit.jpg (2MB, 3960x1760px) Image search: [Google]
11 months brosplit.jpg
2MB, 3960x1760px
>>35067682
>you gotta train strength to progress.
typical /fit/ echo chamber bullshit nonsense

this guy's stats:
Bench: 176 lbs (80kg)
Squat: 220 lbs (100kg)
Deadlift: 253 lbs (115kg)

11 months on a brosplit

there are ZERO results like this from SS.
>>
>>35067650
> A split routine is much more effective if you start with SS for a few months first
This is the problem with /fit/. This post right here.

You retards just keep parroting stuff you've seen another retard say before you with zero fucking logic behind it. You don't need a fucking strength base first, it's completely, patently false.
>>
>>35067837
oh wow using one piece of anecdotal evidence. Have fun deadlifting 2 plates for the rest of your life.
The pursuit of vanity is a woman's trait bro. Good luck getting that boi pussy fucked.
>>
>>35067837
This guy looks pretty good for having such shit stats. Not sure if I believe those numbers.
>>
>>35067837
>them stats
>that progress
>that expression

Is he a mentally challenged hobbit?
>>
>>35067837
it's not just how heavy you lift, but also how and how many sets and reps
>>
>>35067931
dude went from a tub of lard to fucking built

that's worthy of respect
>>
>>35067861
>>35067870
>>35067931
stay mad fatties.
>>
>>35067849
I didn't say that you need it, I said that it helps you autistic faggot. If you want to take the slow gain train go ahead. Yeah, you can do a split from the start and you will be fine, it's just not ideal. YOUR post is what's wrong with /fit/. Retards like you don't realize that in the end, the routine isn't what is important, it's that you pick one and stick to it. Different programs will work better for different people, and SS is by no means the only or necessarily the best, the reason it is so highly promoted is because of it's simplicity and effectiveness to get beginners into the weight room and familiar with compounds.
>>
>>35067837
yep he is on a hypertrophy program, my appearance started looking good on one as well even though my lifting stats were shit.
>>
File: 1445468368024.jpg (117KB, 1012x858px) Image search: [Google]
1445468368024.jpg
117KB, 1012x858px
>>35067984
162lbs
S: 410
B: 270
D: 420

In ipf affiliate and hold provincial record for squat AND still look better than you.
>>
>>35067949
Yeah that will come in handy at the supported workshop in the Shire.

Potato hobbit ftw
>>
>>35067984
>mad about tater hobbit

Nope
>>
>>35067989
Fuck off, retard. Everyone knows you have to stick to the first routine you pick up for the rest of your life.
>>
>>35067861
How about we don't go by anecdotal evidence and instead use fucking science which says that as long as you lift to failure, your muscle fibers will fatigue and this is what causes hypertrophy to happen. HOW MUCH you lift means absolutely nothing to your muscles, as long as it's enough to get you personally to failure.

Anecdotal evidence also goes a long way for SS. There are exactly zero good SS progress pictures because SS is an unbalanced routine with not nearly enough volume for any kind of size gains anywhere other than in the legs.

>>35067870
Yeah, people e-stats lower lifts all the time. Makes sense.

>>35067931
5'10" (177cm), from 214 > 174 lbs (97 > 79kg)
>>
I think people who are low test may need SS to trigger some low production inside their balls

but for healthy men body part split is the shit
>>
>>35068104
>Yeah, people e-stats lower lifts all the time. Makes sense.
Could be the new meme to make other ppl feel like shit about how they look? Idk, I mean lanklets lie about their height and say they are shorter than they are all the time, so this would be no different.
>>
>>35067146
nice e stats manlet
>>
File: brosplit 4 months.jpg (100KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
brosplit 4 months.jpg
100KB, 1000x580px
>>35067837
SQUAT : 4 x 12 x 185 lbs
BENCH : 4 x 12 x 155 lbs
DEADLIFT : 4 x 12 x 225 LBS

4 months on a brosplit

>you need to be strong to look good!
>>
>>35068193
routine?
>>
>>35067092
Combine as in doing both SS and SL at the same time?
>>
File: ahhhh.gif (4MB, 362x271px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.gif
4MB, 362x271px
It didn't.

I don't fall for memes
>>
>>35066914
Leave your wife and kids, cut connection with any family you have, get a job you can do from home and live alone in an apartment, go full cocoon mode, let /fit/ be your sole source of human contact apart from any necessities like saying y-you too when the cute cashier at WalMart says here's your change. Only then will you make it.
>>
>>35068104
"There are exactly zero good SS progress pictures"
Why would anyone post progress pictures in a base building strength routine?
Maybe people who do SS just aren't faggy enough to send half naked pictures to other guys over the internet? Maybe they just want to be strong and not to strive for feminine goals and ideals such as vanity and beauty.
>>
ITT: Cunts that look terrible no matter what trying to tell people that pursuing aesthetics over strength is for faggots
>>
>>35068193
Solid thick tight
>>
>>35068193
routine pls
>>
What's SS?
>>
>>35067837
That's because SS isn't 11 months of lifting. That physique is more like 4 months SS, 11 months bro splitting (with really good programming and dieting) and then 6 months of cutting. More like 2 years of lifting which says nothing of the efficiency of "brosplits" and more about the quality of some roids and a personal trainer.

In any case you're being misleading.
>>
File: ss a shit.jpg (972KB, 2704x1212px) Image search: [Google]
ss a shit.jpg
972KB, 2704x1212px
>>35068314
>>35068150
>>35068340
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>35068378
I'm not defending SS you idiot. SS is fucking shit. I'm just saying the guy in that pic looks better than his absolute joke stats he has listed. Maybe genetics or something.
>>
>>35067146
This is what I do. It's much lower stress. I'm not a professional and no one other than me is going to notice, so why bother freaking out about it?
>>
>>35068378
Nice quality image man, cant even read highlighted parts. But good luck staying at 135lbs and deadlifting 2 plates for the rest of your paki life, gonna make dem white girls wet.
>>
>>35068340
This is the typical SS retard. He doesn't see these kinds of results from his incredibly low volume, lower body focused routine so he sticks his head in the sand and blames the evil steroids and totally incorrect timelines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1t7zmz/after_11_months_i_am_so_happy_i_can_post_this/

>>35068248
>>35068333
Typical bodypart brosplit. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2r1dzs/progress_my_4_month_transformation_19_year_old/
>>
>>35068418
>everything on reddit is true and people dont troll on reddit

Why do people on 4chan believe this? You know a lot of people use both right?
Even if that guys stats and story are true i feel bad for him, he fails at one of the basic expectations people have for him, THAT HES STRONG BECAUSE HE LOOKS AESTHETIC.

He will look like an utter bitch any time anyone asks him to demonstrate his strength.
>lol bro you can't lift that i thought you had muscles
>haha i cant believe he beat you at arm wrestling...dont you workout?
>its okay honey, we'll just get your little brother to move the couch.. You know hes on the football team?
>>
>>35068559
>muh fat powerlifter strength is gonna impress all the ladies
>>
>>35068575
No you fucking retard. Im saying you need some of BOTH. Its great he looks like that, he looks good, but there is no excuse for training 11 months and being no stronger than someone whose never even lifted weights.

Being aesthetic people will assume he's strong and ask him to demonstrate, he cannot do that whatsoever.

If all you want to do is get the appearance of muscles why not just use synthol and a diet? Why lift at all?
>>
>>35066914
congrats on the eating disorder

i track all week but on rest days i limit myself to 3 meals a day but eat what the fuck i want

my usual rest day breakfast consists of 5 soft boiled eggs 3 bits of toast with butter 1 with peanut butter cup of coffee and 80g of oats made with milk and a little sugar

i then usuallycook a dinner for me and my girl this weeks was bbq chicken wraps with veg and shit, butter nut squash and sweet potato soup and for desert apple crumble then my last meal was oats and a shake
>>
>>35068727
synthol doesn't and will never look good.

if you care about strength and you don't participate in powerlifting meets, you are fucking retarded
>>
>>35068418
Oh okay, so a couple years of lifting prior, followed by a cut from clinical obesity.

This guys only source of carbohydrates was broccoli, so he's definitely gonna get ass cancer from eating 200-400 kcal of carbs from DDT-laced death-trees.

I'll stay fat/powerlifter before i follow your dipshit advice kek
>>
>>35068314
> I can't look good so I'll just choose powerlifting for now
>>
>>35068757
jesus christ this entire post
>>
>>35068749
>no one has hobbies or jobs where being stronger is beneficial
>being stronger has no health benefits
>no one cares about strength except powerlifters
>being stronger has no benefits at all besides powerlifting

yeah you're clearly an adult making a sound argument.
>>
>>35068831
3 out of 4 are true

The first one is partly true. Getting your squat from two plates to 4 plates is not gonna make any kind of difference for functional strength.
>>
>>35068904
LMFAO get a clown avatar pls
>>
People realize that SS is a really simplistic program used to get your fat/skelly ass off the couch and into the gym at regular intervals while building a foundation for the future, right? For some reason it seems /fit/ thinks if you start doing SS you'll never be able to add ccessory lifts or change the entire routine if needed.
>>
>SS is a troll
>compound lifts is a troll

Kill yourselves
>>
File: 135604237053961.jpg (12KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
135604237053961.jpg
12KB, 200x189px
I had to break up with my partner cause our diets were too different. Fucking hell, I work my ass off for my body and eat strictly to maintain this, I can't live in a same house with a person who's everyday diet consists of lasagne, pasta, cereals etc, when I don't eat white wheat, sugar or dairy products.

Also, having colorful packages and containers and smelly foods in my fridge really bothers my autism. (I only have my pre-maid boxes for every meal and eggs, and I like the order.)

>mfw cutting and there was a fucking cake in the fridge.
That's like buying a drink for an alcoholic. And that's the point when I realized that I have to date someone who's equally /fit/ or at least shares the lifestyle.
>>
> Started going on /fit/ about 6 months ago
> Went into a noob thread and explained how I wanted to start lifting
> A guy said that he would help me
> Told me to make a temp email and he would send me a routine
> Gave me a three day split
> Told me to make sure I pose at the end of each day
> Started posing in the posing room, even though I was a skeletore
> Girls started laughing and making fun of me, I could see them taking pictures
> Ignored them, I was going to make it
> Fast forward 6 months
> Haven't gained any noticeable muscle mass
> Had to move gym because got the nickname "Poser Pete" and couldn't stand the constant grins

Help me /Fit/

Pic related: it's what he sent me
>>
>>35069324
>Pose your upper body for 15 minutes
>Pose your legs for 15 minutes
>Pose your arms for 15 minutes
what the fuck is this lmao
>>
>>35069343
I thought it was the thing to do, I often saw really big guys doing it in the gym after every set
>>
>>35069324
kek
>>
>>35069175
Why do you grave so much sugar?
>>
>>35069324
C U C K
U
C
K
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.