[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapist told me that I have tendinitis in the long head of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: should.jpg (12KB, 594x342px) Image search: [Google]
should.jpg
12KB, 594x342px
Therapist told me that I have tendinitis in the long head of the biceps tendon, the small head of the biceps tendon and the supraspinatus. What can I do to make this go away so i can get back to my life without pain?

tl;dr: How to i quickly heal 3 different tendinitis's in my shoulder?

I can't take NSAID's because that will harm my "tendinosis" in my patellar tendon. Lol i know, fucked up I just need some advice. Can't ask therapist till monday
>>
>>35044199
Strengthen the shit out of your external rotators and lower traps. Correct your lifting form. Stretch shoulders to gain ROM.
>>
>>35044199
>>35044228
my range of motion is already incredible
>>
>>35044199
bump
>>
>2015
>bicep tendinitis

Go back to 2005 curlbro lollll
>>
>>35044199
bump
>>
>>35045749
bump
>>
>>35044199
why didn't you ask your therapist?
>>
>>35048398
Too much to ask in too little time
>>
>>35044199
You rest it you tard. You don't do work that will aggravate the tendons used in the movement of the biceps. You give it at least two weeks, and you do some self massage if you can to try and help bloodflow.

Then you start doing higher volume, lower weight movements involving the requisite muscles. You throw your ego aside and do really really fucking light weight for higher volume. Do it slow on the reps too. Over time you build it up until you can start back on your routines. It may be months. Tendons are notoriously slow to heal and it can take up to 12 weeks for them to really start to develop to new stimuli. But you do this now because it'll stop you getting chronic injury later. if you don't care about chronic injury later be a fucktard and pander to your ego instead.

If you've got it in one side, do something similar for the other side too, to be safe and help build up the connective tissues in that elbow complex too.
>>
>>35044199
this would have been a good question for your therapist you autist
>>
>>35049659
Bicep curls don't hurt, can I do like chest press or whatever? What doesnt use the bicep tendon desu
>>
>>35049659
>You rest it you tard.
Depending on how chronic OP's situation is, this may or may not be true. On the one hand, if he did something short-term to piss off his rotator cuff--one bad day, or whatever--this is good advice. If it's an ongoing situation, rest is not going to help. Also, NSAIDs at prescription doses will help your shoulder more than they will hurt your knee (I'm not convinced that they will hurt your knee at all, in fact); try a week of NSAIDs without doing anything that bothers the shoulder and report back. After than, chin (or assisted chins/rows/whatever until you can do chins, if you can't already) and press overhead with immaculate form. Curls won't hurt, provided that you use some sense in titrating the load. If you have something like a separated a/c joint wearing away at the soft tissue, you will probably want to look into surgery; a Mumford procedure is a lot easier to recover from than a cuff tendon repair.
>>
>>35044199
Stop jacking off you degenerate piece of shit
>>
>>35049799
To add: the NSAIDs + rest suggestion applies only if this is in fact a "one bad day" deal. Otherwise, rest will probably not help.
>>
>>35049749
Mhm yeah, my apologies, saw biceps tendon and didn't properly read the long head bit. In that case, everything I said still applies, low weight, higher rep, slower movements, but you might need to cater it to the shoulder more. If curls work fine then they should be okay. Tricep isolations might be the closest thing you can do to press movements, if you can get chest presses to work without irritating the tendons then they're probably ok but check with your therapist anyway.

>>35049799
Yeah that's definitely true, and I'm aware that these days for injury they're switching out 'ricer' to something like 'meat' whatever other stupid acronym they want, which basically boils down to "get mobility -> strengthen what's weak". If it is chronic then mobility and the development work will be the more valuable section.
>>
>>35049799
Yeah what hurts is when I raise my arm straight forward, like shoulder flexion i guess that would be. Bicep curls dont seem to hurt, however, incline bicep curls are kind of tough. I wana make sure I do not agitate it at all. Therapist says that the long head, and the short head of the biceps tendon (near the shoulder) are really inflamed like tendinitis. So I wana do whatever I can to heal it. And yeah i know what you mean about the nsaids, I am just quite worried about the knee but im sure they wont really affect it at all. There just have been studies done saying that is can degrade the collagen repair that is trying to take place in the knee.
>>35049826
Yeah i am trying to figure out what doesnt irritate the tendons because they are on the anterior part of the shoulder, at the wayy top of the bicep so any stretch where i bring my shoulders back for whatever reason is using those tendons if you think about it.
>>
>>35049859
Think about how this happened in the first place. Again, if this is a short-term "one bad day" thing, fine, take it easy. If this has been going on for a while, rest will not help and you will need to "agitate" or load the soft tissue in order to stimulate healing adaptations. It will hurt. This, incidentally, is why eccentric calf raises help Achilles tendinosis.
>>
>>35049859
>>35049891
Using eccentrics is also pretty common in treating tendonitis from some of the more stressful bodyweight skills too, I do more calisthenics than weightlifting and tendons are discussed a lot more frequently there than in weightlifting forums from my experience.

If you get pain when you retract the shoulders, do you get any when you protract them or elevate them? Or does it not flare up then because you're not shifting the joint 'away' from the bicep as such.
>>
if pain is the main problem, you can get steroid injections into the joint itself that will reduce inflammation and pain as well. in the long term though, rest is the main way that you can get rid of it. go to your doc and ask for a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon or rheumatologist.
>>
I had supraspinatus tendonitis. Cross friction massages work really well just don't over do it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.