[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any one on /fit/ know a good full body bodyweight routine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: incredible.png (886KB, 957x474px) Image search: [Google]
incredible.png
886KB, 957x474px
Does any one on /fit/ know a good full body bodyweight routine?
>inb4 just lift faggot
I would but I'm a boxer and I'm trying to utilize a proper routine that will target everything. Thanks!
>>
>>35040799
Ask your coach instead of a bunch of dyels and /r9k/ refugees
>>
>>35040799
Bump also interested in what is good for get good grips and strength for kicks and punches
>>35040810
Kek
>>
>>35040799
>bodyweight
>good

top kek
>>
>>35040810
The gym I go to doesn't really have a "routine" just a bunch if 1000+ pushups and bull shit. Its the only gym around me so I will train boxing there but will do the strength/conditioning on my own.
>>
you'll have a baseline of endurance by just boxing so there's no real reason to do extra cardio unless you're in training camp trying to peak for a fight

having said that, lifting will be important for strength and power. check barbell novice routines with reduced volume - greyskull LP would be an example - and intermediate routines for in season athletes - such as the ones created by bill starr.

other than that, forget about bodyweight routines. maybe you could use those hundreds of reps on push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups but that would be like a workout finisher to get some muscular endurance.
>>
>bodyweight
do the same thing you'd do with weights, really. Split different muscle groups into different days, but because body weight is just pussyweight, you need to do sets of like 40 instead of 5x5, except with pull-ps which you can still treat normally.
so like, pushups 3x40, situps 3x40, squats 3x40, and pull-ups 5x5, unless five gets too easy then you can do like 5x10.
that's really all you can get done without weights.
>>
>>35040799
>r/bodyweightfitness
>fitloop.co
>>
>>35040799
You could try Freeletics.
U can't get big, but u will look like trazan when you're done.
Don't listen to the other idiots on this board.
>>
>>35040799

Those are worth a look:

Gymnasticbodies Foundation
/r/bodyweightfitness routine
Start Bodyweight
El Diablo's Bodyweight 666

Also, fuckton of good info about bodyweight stuff:
>>>/asp/756838

Does anyone know why BWF moved out of /fit/ into /asp/ by the way?
>>
>>35041201
I keep forgetting to ask that question
Maybe they get made fun of for not being stronk like those guys
>>
>>35041201
Most of the guys in there is gymnasts I believe .
>>
>>35040799
If I were an athlete and wanted to bulk up and build some serious strength, I'd get on Bill Starr's classic program from The Strongest Shall Survive.
>>
>>35042106
good thing about bill starr's programs is that the working sets all go up to only one heavy set of five, which allows an athlete to recover. the programs are also generally periodized so that you progress weekly and don't go heavy every day of the week
>>
>>35041098
>greyskull
>suggests a bodybuilding/hyper trophy routine for boxing

Kek
>>
>>35040799
>I would
>but I'm a boxer

No correlation. Lift faggot
>>
File: ancient DYEL theory.jpg (53KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
ancient DYEL theory.jpg
53KB, 400x386px
>>35040799
just lift faggot.

i can tell you right now, you are going to want to work on all the lifts that develop your explosivity.

power cleans, and muscle snatches, mostly.

you can do real cleans and snatches if you find a big-boy coach who actually knows what the fuck he is doing.

outside of that, you are going to want to focus primarily on your pressing muscles.
serratus press
overhead press
bench press

in that order of importance.

for cardio, you are going to want to do plyometrics, to train your body to express all the strength you develop explosively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGcPRHmtYc

outside of that, just stick to your traditional strength training regimen, for optimum strength gains.
>>
here is the thing OP... you are going to want to train for STRENGTH... bodyweight training can develop muscular endurance, and hypertophy.. but to develop strength, you want to put so much resistance on the muscles, that they can only contract 3-6 times under that amount of resistance.

that is very hard to consistently achieve (arguably not even possible to CONSISTENTLY acheive) without some form of weights.

bodyweight just can't take you as far as you need to go, if you are training to be stronger.

>>35041201
holy shit, ignore this guy.

fucking hell.

>>35040822
>good for get good grips and strength for kicks and punches
grip strength you want to do farmers carry, plate pinches, forearm roller, single-arm dead hangs, and double-overhand deadlifts.

for kick strength, literally just squats. there is a reason it is the best lower body exercise.

you are also going to want to do power cleans, box jumps, and snatches.

for punching, just serratus press (strengthening the muscle that protracts the scapula has obvious benefits for a proper punch) and bench/ohp
and you will want to do some box push ups and other plyometrics for your arms as well

>>35040854
kek indeed.

>>35041098
>you'll have a baseline of endurance by just boxing so there's no real reason to do extra cardio unless you're in training camp trying to peak for a fight

found the guy who doesn't take training seriously.

all fighters need to train cardio, without exception. aside from that your post was pretty on point.

>>35042433
>thinking greyskull gets you anything more than a slightly negligible amount of hypertrophy compared to pure strength routines like SS

eh.. greyskull > bodyweight faggotry, imo
>>
>>35042684
>doing serratus press
>thinking punching power comes from benching
>thinking an amateur boxer has to take extra cardio seriously
>that whole beginning monologue
autistic as fuck
>>
>>35042827
>>doing serratus press
yes, because you want to strengthen the muscles responsible for protracting the scapula.
do you even punch?

>thinking punching power comes from benching
i rated ohp and serratus press as more relevant to punching strength.

but you are retarded if you don't think presses workout all the muscles you need to punch.

>thinking an amateur boxer has to take extra cardio seriously
anyone who takes martial arts training seriously must do cardio.

>monologue
you mean explaining how you can't get strength from bodyweight?

accurate as fuck, also i don't think 2 sentences constitutes a monologue, lmao.
>>
>>35042827
>>thinking punching power comes from benching
how do stronger pecs, stronger triceps, and stronger shoulders NOT translate to a stronger punch?

the only argument you could make is that you won't translate those strength gains explosively (meaning you gain strength, not power).. but that is what the plyo is for...

look at the muscles that contract when a punch is thrown.

the tricep obviously, to extend the arm, the serratus to protract the scapula, the pectoral, to bring the arm forward, and the deltoids (primarily anterior, but depending on how hard you twist, there is going to be some medial action to).

and then behind that obviously is a twisting hip and behind that are pushing legs, but i am just talking about upper body for now, for simplicity's sake.

how do the lifts i mentioned not directly translate to punching strength?
>>
>>35040799
Squats, deadlifts, bench press, pullups, dips
>>
>>35040933
That's not asking your coach, champ.

Here's what you do: you walk up to him and say
>Hey <name> I've been thinking about doing some weights to improve my boxing. Can you help me put a routine together?
>>
>>35043032
>asking a coach who doesn't even lift about lifting
do you consult your swimming coach about your tennis form as well?
>>
>>35042975
>thinking you need to isolate the serratus anterior
do you do wrist curls as well?

>you are retarded if you don't think presses workout all the muscles you need to punch
yeah cause all boxers usually stand square with each other and flail only their arms. they might as well be sitting in chairs cause they only use their pecs :^)

>anyone who takes martial arts training seriously must to cardio
first, you're implying anyone who goes into martial arts has to take it seriously. second, no. you don't need to be a cardio-fag to box. if you think its obligatory for every athlete then you don't understand the fundamental concepts of cardio training.

>thinking length of speech dictates a monologue
so autistic. and the monologue being more or less correct doesn't make it any less autistic.
>>
File: röökijäbä.png (323KB, 665x465px) Image search: [Google]
röökijäbä.png
323KB, 665x465px
>>35041098
>>35042684
Can you fags even do advance bodyweight stuff like a Plance, Human Flag, Muscle up, Decline one arm push ups, one arm pull ups, plyo pistol squat or the iron cross?
>>
>>35043136
yeah luckily holly holms knew how to a human flag otherwise she would have never beat rhonda rousey
>>
>>35043171
So you cant do them? Then your a fat dyel.
>>
>>35043182
>can you make 9/10 3 point shots? no? then you're a fat dyel
>>
>>35040799
First of all, lift faggot. Second, download juggernaut methode 2.0. While the progression may not be usefull. It will teach you how to design a program that includes plyometrics, strength training and conditioning.
>>
>>35043136
>Plance,
if you mean planche, then yes
>Human Flag,
not even that hard, desu
>Muscle up
yes, but not a strict muscle-up, i have to kip it just a bit, otherwise the transition fucks me every time. i heard doing ring muscle ups is a good way to train for strict, but i don't care enough to get rings.
>decline one arm push up
not even that hard, lol
>one arm pull up
no, but i can do a one-arm kipping chin up
>plyo pistol squat
never heard of it, but bodyweight pistols are super easy, so probably
>the iron cross
i don't have rings, so i don't know.

my guess is yes.

but here is the thing..

there isn't a good way to progress with bodyweight.

yes, muscle ups are harder than chin ups, but there is no way to do linear progression from chin up to muscle up without a dip belt to weigh yourself.

nobody is saying bodyweight routines are piss-easy.
we are saying they are garbage, because you can't progress consistently on them.

whereas with a barbell, you just slap on a 5lb plate on each side.

much more suited to linear progression, which is optimum for people new to lifting.
>>
>>35043072
>>thinking you need to isolate the serratus anterior
serratus press is technically a compound, and there is no other effective lift at putting a lot of weight directly on the contraction of the serratus
>yeah cause all boxers usually stand square with each other and flail only their arms. they might as well be sitting in chairs cause they only use their pecs :^)
i said most of the driving force is from the legs and the hips, hence the need for squats and box jumps (And other lower body plyo)

but you are retarded if you don't think a stronger bench = stronger punch

>no. you don't need to be a cardio-fag to box
correct. you need cardio to be able to box more than 2 minutes without slowing down.

i get the distinct feeling i would REKT you in the ring..

>so autistic. and the monologue being more or less correct doesn't make it any less autistic.
so i am more correct than you, but less autistic than you?
i'll take it, tbqh famm

>do you do wrist curls as well?
no, just plate pinches, plate flipping, farmer's carry, and single-arm dead hangs.
>>
>>35043485
>thinks serratus press is a compound movement
>still thinks you need to isolate serratus
make a valid point other than saying "serratus press hits the serattus", which wasn't under contention.

>i said most of the driving force is from the legs
you didnt. quote where you did. for that matter, find a quote to support when you said
>i rated ohp and serratus press as more relevant to punching strength.

>be able to last 2 minute boxing rounds
>needs to do serious cardio out of standard boxing training and weight lifting
YOU might need to do serious cardio cause your a genetic mishap, but lets not burden other people with your downfalls.

>so i am more correct than you, but less autistic
i guess your reading comprehension is as bad as you are autistic

>i get the distinct feeling i would REKT you in the ring..
you actually reak of autism
>>
>>35043641
>make a valid point other than saying "serratus press hits the serattus", which wasn't under contention.
there is no other lift effective at putting the contraction of the serratus under a serious amount of resistance.

>YOU might need to do serious cardio cause your a genetic mishap, but lets not burden other people with your downfalls.

confirmed for never having stepped in a ring.

either than or you only box with slowfags who don't do cardio like you.

literally nothing i said was wrong
you have no critique, except that i am "autistic"
>>35043007
>behind that obviously is a twisting hip and behind that are pushing legs, but i am just talking about upper body for now, for simplicity's sake.
i might not have explicitly stated most of the force comes from the legs/hips, but it is something that anyone with a double digit IQ can be assumed to understand
>>
>>35043641
>>thinks serratus press is a compound movement
it is, though.

your triceps, pec minor, clavicular head of pec major, and anterior deltoid are all being targeted by serratus presses.

especially pec minor.
>>
>>35043750
>serratus
you made the same point again. my point is you dont need serratus isolation movements if you're doing the main compounds and boxing. people like you just find out that the serratus is involved, and come to the logic that you now need to isolate them, and doing so is significant or necessary. it's not.

>confirmed for never having stepped in the ring
because i dont jog for 40 minutes a day? ok kiddo, enjoy killing it on that treadmill.

>literally nothing i said was wrong
everything i have been pointing out has been wrong. i just add on the fact that the way you say things also happens to come off as autistic.

and you can't add on an arguement after-the-fact, and then say "hurr durr i already said that in the first place!"
>for kick strength, literally just squats. there is a reason it is the best lower body exercise.
>for punching, just serratus press (strengthening the muscle that protracts the scapula has obvious benefits for a proper punch) and bench/ohp
is someone suppose to infer from this that you meant punching power comes from legs and hips? didnt think so.

>>35043755
compound =/= several muscles being trained. we can list the muscles involved in a standing bicep curl or a crunch but theyre still isolation movements.

try harder, samefag
>>
>>35040799
Burpees
>>
File: slam dunk nigga1444088329226.jpg (24KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
slam dunk nigga1444088329226.jpg
24KB, 480x471px
>>35040799
>I'm a boxer and I'm trying to utilize a proper routine that will target everything. Thanks!
So you mean like weights because calesthenics will lead to imbalances.For example how will you train your legs not enough weight to build muscles.Pltyometrics and other shit should be incorporated into a weightlifting routine.
But hey I'm some random faggot on the internet
>>
>>35040799
Don't lift. Weights make you tight and slow. There is no boxer who was exceptional and lifted in the prime of their career.

My advice to you would be to focus on your core, your neck, and jump rope.

Buy a neck harness and start chewing mastic gum for a strong neck and a tough jaw.

The power of your punches come from your lats and core. The core is made up of the mid-section, obliques, lower backs, and hip flexors. You should be working core every day.

Jump rope is very important for a boxer. Sprinting or road work cannot replace. Your bouncing and foot work will improve a lot with daily jump rope.
>>
>>35041201
Because the people on /fit/ are stuck on a single track of: if it aint weighted then it ain't worth doing. The concepts of bodyweight training and its higher tier skills and requisite strength aren't considered 'valid' by most here. So they were always destroying any bodyweight threads with shitposts etc.
>>
>>35043918
How will calisthenics lead to imbalances in a properly designed program? Then you infer that weighted work WONT lead to imbalance, are you kidding, have you seen the number of lifters that fuck their shoulders by not balancing their push work?

As a boxer he doesn't want fucking huge tree-trunk legs anyway. He wants them strong enough to do what he wants, but also high on endurance and agile. You can develop the strength better with weighted work: i freely admit that, but there are other aspects of fitness that play into this. One-legged squat progressions are going to be excellent for the needs presented here because they still train strength but also place high demands on control and skill moving weight around on one foot.
>>
>>35042684
Kek

Can you wven do a handstand push up or muscle up?

Try knocking out 5 of those then come back to me family.

This board actually is full of no lifting neck beards
>>
File: smiling-laughing-animals (20).jpg (101KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-laughing-animals (20).jpg
101KB, 660x495px
>>35043918
>calisthenics will lead to imbalances

Stop
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.