[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jason Blaha Ice Cream Fitness 5×5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is this routine any good? I'm trying to gain strenth while building a decent body in a 3 day program. Trying not to look like this guy though.

Any /fit/izens done it? Any advise or criticism on the routine would be appreciated
>>
Shameful bump
>>
Honestly I would suggest a PPL, but every fag here is just going to say SQUATS AND OATS
>>
>>35014081

It's a full-out full body hypertrophy program with no serious strength component. Strength only comes into the mix as a simple way to consistently increase volume while a beginner can still handle such large increases session to session. You will get stronger on it only the same way you would get stronger on any non-moronic program.

The issue with not looking like Blaha is to use your diet to keep bf% low. The program is fine.
>>
>>35014081
There's nothing wrong with the program if you're ok with doing 2+hr sessions 3 times a week. However, any other program (SS,SL,reg park, bill starr) with chins/dips/pullups at the end of a session + 2x10-12 triceps and biceps on fridays will give you basically the same gains with less time spent in the gym.
>>
>>35014514
Thanks for the info

>>35014592
I actually wanted to start with SS then decided to move SL because i heard that's how you build strength but you'll have a body of a regular person

This was sort of the reason i moved to the ICF but according to >>35014579 strength is determined by volume

Are the SS and SL programs good for a decent body?
>>
>>35014737
It doesn't really matter whether you do SS or SL man, what do you think is the most fun? Pull Ups and Rows? Do SL. Chins and power cleans? Do SS. Without the cleverly programmed accessories (read: chins,pullups,dips, arm/ab isolations on fridays) they might turn you t-rex mode but with them you'll avoid t-rex. Do the recommended accessories, watch your diet and SS/SL will make you buff and athletic.
>>
Big squat= big ass
>>
It's a fucking amazing routine. You wanna know how I know that? Because it's a copy of a copy of one of the best and most proven routines.

ICF is Strong Lifts 5x5 with accessories, which is a variation of Reg Parks 5x5

99% of people do accessory work on SL anyway, so most people on SL are actually running ICF
>>
Awful for strength. Decent for bodybuilding.
>>
5x5 is a strength building program, and it's a good one. The problem is that once you reach a certain point you'll need to add accessories, or else you are going to look like your pic. All my routines basically use 5x5 as the root though. My only complaint with 5x5 is that the amount of rest days is ridiculous, also if you skip one workout it wants to drop your weight back down to like 30% which is retarded, so ignore all that shit, and only do about half the amount of recommended rest days.
>>
>>35014081
god i hate this beta. he can fuck off for all i care
>>
>>35014928
this
>>
do reg park's 5x5 ya ding dong
add rows/pullups/arm work 3x8 light
EAT BIG BABAYYYY
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.