[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you weeb poster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (390KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390KB, 2048x1536px
>>35009813
You're linking to the wiki and not referencing the book in any way. I have the book.
Pic related, the page that tells you after the first few weeks to start adding back extensions.

This is the actual program, read the book retard.

>No, it does not. Your traps and your lats retract your scapulae back and down. There's no way your shoulders can "roll forward" during a chinu
You're wrong but I can't find the source to my statement right now so I will have to get back to you later on that.

>lots of experience you have there
The point was that the argument was debatable. You will not build a strong deadlift doing just osier cleans and chin-ups, back strength is greatly benefited by heavy rows. I'm going off from world record IPF deadlifters training philosophy's and my own experience from not doing rows for 6 months.
You could argue that despite world record dead lifters preferring heavy rows to power cleans is preference as power cleans aren't too powerlifting specific hence why it is a moot point.
>>
File: 6.jpg (199KB, 980x443px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
199KB, 980x443px
>>35009865

Good job not reading the book and just looking at the pictures.
>>
>>35009865
Why was the last thread deleted? Mods are becoming really stupid these days.

Anyways, you are right on the chinup part, because lats promote internal rotation to some extent.

As for the upper back part and deadlift part, you are wrong. High level powerlifters usually train their upper back with minimal volume, if at all. But they don't train power cleans either. They just do a lot of deadlifts and variation.
>>
>>35009955

>lats promote internal rotation to some extent.

The lats are attached to your shoulder and your scapulae. They pull them down. They do not roll the shoulders forwards.
>>
>>35009955

>powerlifting

SS isn't a powerlifting program.
>>
>>35009955
Deadlift and variations I agree with, but it's very difficult to grow a larger upper back without volume and large upper back means a bigger pull.

You also can't ignore that elite power lifters do a lot of rows
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_JK5pY3-HQ

>>35009931
That's a stage of the program for advanced novices, it's not JUST for old people, eventually you will get strong enough to lift weights that are harder to recover from, that stage of the program is mandatory and like I claimed, apart of the program.
>>
>>35009980

Meant to reply to >>35009865
>>
>>35009980
>>35009989
Yes, but that's not the argument.
The claim was that power cleans and chin-ups will assist deadlifts more than rows.
>>
>>35009865
>being so mad you start a new topic
>>
>>35009973
Mt stupid again.
Latissimus dorsi in wikipedia, now.

>>35009980
He (you?) mentioned not building strong deadlift without rows.
>>
File: 1445608682431.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445608682431.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>35009988

>That's a stage of the program for advanced novices, it's not JUST for old people, eventually you will get strong enough to lift weights that are harder to recover from, that stage of the program is mandatory and like I claimed, apart of the program.

That's not what is written. Re-read: >>35009931

"OR back extensions or glute/ham raises can be added in place of pulling every workout, dropping the deadlift frequency to every fifth workout, alternated with power cleans. This might be necessary if recovery is becoming a problem, as it might be for an OLDER TRAINEE, A FEMALE TRAINEE, OR SOMEONE WHO JUST REFUSES TO EAT AND SLEEP ENOUGH."

He never says this part is mandatory and he never says you will get too strong to do the pulling on every workout.
He specifically says this is an alternative for people who can't recover: old people, women, and people on a cut.
>>
>>35009998
I'm Op >>35009865
Are you the Chinese girl poster?
>>
>>35009988
>large upper back means a bigger pull.
>You also can't ignore that elite power lifters do a lot of rows

It's bullshit and leeman is known for being an idiot (see his belt positioning theory).

Sheiko has you do like 3 or 5 sets for upper back per week in his more advanced programs. Upper back for deadlift is an american meme.
>>
>>35010006
No. Are you the guy saying that lats attach to shoulder and scapula?
>>
File: 1448141170429.jpg (20KB, 255x256px) Image search: [Google]
1448141170429.jpg
20KB, 255x256px
>>35010006
I saw the thread title and went to /a/ to download an anime reaction pic because you appear angry. No idea what the argument is and I don't watch anime.
>>
File: 0jOFfbL.jpg (12KB, 320x394px) Image search: [Google]
0jOFfbL.jpg
12KB, 320x394px
>>35009998

>Latissimus dorsi in wikipedia, now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latissimus_dorsi_muscle

Origin: Spinous processes of vertebrae T7-L5, thoracolumbar fascia, iliac crest, inferior 3 or 4 ribs and inferior angle of scapula

Insertion: Floor of intertubercular groove of the humerus

Function: The latissimus dorsi is responsible for extension, adduction, transverse extension also known as horizontal abduction, flexion from an extended position, and (medial) internal rotation of the shoulder joint. It also has a synergistic role in extension and lateral flexion of the lumbar spine.Due to bypassing the scapulothoracic joints and attaching directly to the spine, the actions the latissimi dorsi have on moving the arms can also influence the movement of the scapulae, such as their downward rotation during a pull up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoulder

The human shoulder is made up of three bones: the clavicle (collarbone), the scapula (shoulder blade), and the humerus (upper arm bone) as well as associated muscles, ligaments and tendons
>>
>>35010004
That's exactly what's written,
>this might be necessary if recovery is becoming a problem
This is EXACTLY what happens before you transition into intermediate programming.
This is a stage of the program all lifters will run into.

You can't deny that just to suit your point, you're climbing up mount stupid.

>>35010009
Nah. I'm not denying sheiko is a good program but when you're strong enough to run advanced sheiko you've most likely already done a lot of upperback work.

>>35010014
no
>>
>>35010020
>internal rotation of the shoulder joint

So you just copied it without reading?
>>
>>35010030

>This is EXACTLY what happens before you transition into intermediate programming.

Your words, not Rippetoe's. It's simply not in the book.

>>35010033

MEDIAL.
>>
>>35010038
>MEDIAL.

Yeah, that's what internal means. Seriously stop trying turn it around. You appear more and more retarded with each post.
>>
>>35010038
It's how you interpret the book. Rippetoe is vague.
The original point was that back raises were in the program.
>>
>>35010009
Leeman, Duffin, Rubish, Green all do rows. They are some of the strongest deadlifters in the world right now, just saiyan.
>>
>>35010048

Please explain how pic related is "rolling your shoulders forwards".

>>35010051

They are in the alternative program for old people, women, and people on a cut.

It's what is written in the book.

The program you should "stick with for as many months as possible" is
A: squat press dl
B: squat bench pc chinups

Again, this is what's written in the book. Anything else is your words, not his.
>>
>>35010061
>>35010048

Forgot pic.
>>
>>35010061
He claims you begin the program with back extensions when you can not recover from the original program. This is still part of the program, whether you decide to do it or not.
Pretty much every lifter who follows the program in its entirety will due to fatigue acculimilation near the end of the program's life span.
>>
>>35010056
>all americans
I told you, american meme

Wierzbicki for example only does 4 sets of db rows 1-2 per week and sometimes 2 sets of half assed pullups.
>>
>>35010061
>>35010065

>Please explain how pic related is "rolling your shoulders forwards".

You really are dense. Do this with a straight elbow so the range of motion is not blocked by your torso and you will understand.
>>
>>35010089
>He cites Krystof who's WR was questionable at lockout by IPF standards, probably due to a lack of upper back and shoulder stability, FROM A LACK OF ROWS.

Rekt m8 thanks for proving point gr8 b8 m8
>>
Can somebody explain to me as I were 5 how chin-ups cause rolled forward shoulders?
>>
>>35010159

They don't.

>>35010095

So what? This has nothing to do with the claim that chinups cause you to roll your shoulders forwards.
>>
>>35010083

He says you can do this alternative routine INSTEAD of the main routine, which has you doing heavy pulls on every workout.

>Pretty much every lifter who follows the program in its entirety will due to fatigue acculimilation near the end of the program's life span.

Your words, not his.
>>
>>35010474
So he says you can do if? Therefore it's part of the program.
Therefore I'm right.

>>35010447
Chin-ups, with hands inside the width of the shoulder, do cause rolled forward shoulder.
A wider grip does.
>>
>>35010560
A wider grip does not*
Or I could be wrong and it's the supinated grip that causes rolled forward shoulder.

It's one of those, I can't remember which.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.