[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/ I hear girls should wear weight lifting belts when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 384x384px
Hello /fit/
I hear girls should wear weight lifting belts when doing squats and deadlifts and such to take the work away from the core and thus not thicken the waist. Is this true? These things are kind of expensive so I don't want to get one if it's not gonna do anything but if it does, that would be great, getting a square torso is a big fear for me
>>
>>35009274
>Is this true?
No.
http://bretcontreras.com/squats-and-deadlifts-wont-make-your-waist-blocky/
>>
>>35009274
That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while.
>>
>>35009282
I'd be more relieved if the very first girl he posted wasn't square even when posing at an angle and being a skelly

>>35009289
Hey it makes sense at least
Better than manlet threads
>>
>>35009353
I don't mean it as in it fucking negates everything your core does but like reduces the work a bit
Is that not true?
>>
>>35009302
>I'd be more relieved if the very first girl he posted wasn't square
If you think that's square then you have some really fucked ideas about natural proportions.
That said the woman in the picture has a very low (too low) bodyfat percentage. With a little more fat on her body, her hip region would seem bigger, thus accentuating the hourglass figure.
>>
>>35009375
>Is that not true?
Not really, no. It just makes it easier to engage your core, as you have something to press out against.
In fact, some people argue that using a belt increases core activation.
>>
>>35009274
that was my suggestion, it was a response to a question specifically about wanting lower body while limiting core development. It might be more convenient to do leg press if you're not using the core anyway, though.

>>35009353
>>35009383
it's not weight-lifting belts - it's a "hip belt" something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW5cgxxHSAc
>>
>>35009527
That looks really goofy
>>
>>35009527
>It might be more convenient to do leg press if you're not using the core anyway, though.

But doesn't the leg press not hit glutes at all?
>>
>>35009274
If you don't want a thicker waistline then don't do exercises that engage your core.

But it's all about proportions. If your waist grows proportionately to your other muscles then you might even get more of a defined waist, and cutting on that will make you look fabulous for tyrone.
>>
>>35009705
>don't do exercises that engage your core

So nothing with a barbell?
>>
>>35009647
That's true. You could break up your leg training, though there might be downsides to that. I don't know what isolation there is for glutes - I'd do weighted hip thrusts but that must be working the core a lot as well.

Hip belt squats would work if you're able to do them, but they're an unusual exercise and the plates get in the way of a full ROM if you don't have a platform and most of the examples use a platform like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PldcPTOACm4 and he isn't even doing the full ROM.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.