[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting while sick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dog-Lumps-Cancer.jpg (3MB, 2704x1818px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-Lumps-Cancer.jpg
3MB, 2704x1818px
Yay or nay? Have a pretty bad cold.
>>
File: 1447622732802.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1447622732802.png
74KB, 300x256px
>Dog-Lumps-Cancer.jpg
>>
Depends on how youre really feeling, you could eat 6 meals and use that strength to go lift or you could eat 6 meals and rest because why not
>>
>>34979118
If you're sick below the neck, stay home.

If it's just in your head, suck it up.
>>
no, you will shift your bodiesstress dealing between trying to repair muscle and fighting off being sick which will just waste time to recovery

a bit of cardio might help though, getting a lot of oxygen running through the lungs can help if you have a lung infection, sometimes people go through oxygen therapy to help kill off infection in lungs

you don't want to do so much that its actually making an impact for adaptation though, so maybe like 10-15 minutes of brisk running so you are breathing a lot but not dying
>>
>>34979118
I've lifted with a cold before. Was a good workout. But depends how bad it is really.
Also, you risk to infect others.
>>
>>34979118
I'm sick too. I lifted anyways on the first day, even with reduced weights it was a bad idea. I've been chilling ever since. Sucks but whadayagonnado.
>>
>>34979931
>you risk to infect others.
You're triggering my naughty side, anon.
>>
>>34979198
I second that. Lifts will go down anyway, so you can just stick to the cardio or meme exercises you never had time to do like abs, hamstrings and such
>>
>>34979118
Go for new PRs. The body will enter a overdrive mode because of the toxins, forcing it to upgrade itself. Don't drink anything 2 hours before, after or during training. It will fill the muscles with fluid making them soft and weak while increasing the amounts of toxins in your system. Drinking of water while being sick will create internal rivers in which the toxins can swim freely around and duplicate. Therefore it is important to consume 3 table spoons of salt before training, without drinking water of course.
>>
>>34979132
Yeah, this is the best rule of thumb for it man.
I've had great lifting days with head colds, but if you have aches or chills, def stay home.
>>
Depends on the type of cold. I've pretty much had a cold the last 16 years, but when it gets real bad and you gotta sneeze while you're squatted down in the hole and on the way back up with some heavy weight on your back, you might regret it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.