[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diet coke for cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Diet_Coke_Mentos.jpg (2MB, 1901x2851px) Image search: [Google]
Diet_Coke_Mentos.jpg
2MB, 1901x2851px
Is diet coke good or bad for cutting? Some say it increases your cravings others say it' good for eliminating cravings. But do you really get any fatter from it when you still count your macros??
>>
Technically it's zero calories but there's some broscience going around about how artificial sweeteners activate the insulin production triggered by the sweet flavour to anticipate a sugar high.

Aside for that, it's really bad for your teeth and screws up with some mineral salts in your organism. It's ok to have one from time to time to keep the craving on check, not to substitute water.
>>
>>34966891
There's a lot of bullshit about the sugar replacement aspartame. It has no calories so doesn't contribute to weight gain, that said it's really bad for your teeth so drink in moderation
>>
>QUIZ TIME

Read the nutrition label. Does a food/drink with 0 calories, 0g of protein, 0g of fat, and 0g of carbohydrates contribute to fat storage?

A. yes
B. no
C. maybe
D. I don't know
>>
>>34966939
All of the above
>>
>>34966891
It really helps with cravings. Same goes for tea/coffee made with sweetener. Virtually no calories and fills hunger.
>>
>>34966939
Fuck you anon
>>
The artificial sweeteners can sate sugar cravings temporarily, but continued comsumption will make your body become accustomed to having those cravings satisfied, which means you'll be getting cravings for sweets more often, which makes you hungrier. There's also evidence of a slight insulin response like >>34966919
said, but it's pretty insignificant.

Ultimately it's fine in moderation, you just gotta watch the sodium and be sure to take care of your teeth, because diet sodas are a lot more acidic than regular ones.
>>
>Diet soda is high in sodium
>sodium dehydrates which makes you thirsty and also makes you retain water weight
>extra water weight makes you discouraged and feel as though you've made no progress
>people are stupid and routinely confuse thirst with hunger so diet soda encourages you to eat more shit you don't need
Basically just drink water tea or coffee. Do you know how much of an evolutionary fuck up you have to be to not enjoy drinking water?

Kill yourself my man.
>>
If you think coke is such an amazing treat you can't bear the thought of going without it you have a serious sugar addiction you should be dealing with.
>>
>>34966891
The artificial sweeteners still elicit an insulin spike if that's something that concerns you.
>>
>>34966891
Nigga I cut 36lbs last summer while drinking a vanilla coke every single day. Count your damn calories, count your macros, drink lots of water and you'll be fine
>>
>>34967065
This desu. Have you ever seen somebody lose weight drinking diet soda? Inb4 some fraud comes in to talk about how it worked for them.

Just pin your ass with garage science and you can lose weight and gain mass eating cake and jerking off.
>>
>>34967065
sounds like he's dealing with his sugar addiction in the most pragmatic way from where im standing
>>
File: 1441724237382.png (254KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1441724237382.png
254KB, 500x393px
>>34967109
>400 pound man drops 40 pounds while eating shit
>>
>>34967116
I fucking hate this place
>>
File: 1447784817017.jpg (37KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
1447784817017.jpg
37KB, 376x376px
>>34966891

>>34967065 is right. You're a huge fucking pussy OP, just drink water, black coffee, and milk. If you don't have the will power to do this then you aren't going to make and you should just kill yourself now.

Pic related.
>>
>>34966891
read the article on artificial sweeteners in the journal nature. basically they change the microbiota of your gut so that you get glucose intolerance. leading to obesity and diabetes
>>
>>34967077
My professor in biochemistry told me that this was one of the cases where mice models did not directly translate to the same observed effect in humans
>>
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v514/n7521/full/nature13793.html
>>
>>34967222
this is correct but read my article below. its not the spike in insulin from the drink itself its that it cultures a specific microbiota which changes your metabolic pathways
>>
>>34967116
You're so fucking stupid. I know a ton of people who literally lost anywhere from 20 to 60 pounds by switching from regular coke to diet.
>>
Daily reminder that the coca-cola corporation is nearly 125 years old and isn't beyond hiring shills to push their product as a weight loss tool.
>>
>>34966939
E. can you repeat the question
>>
File: 1447861121524.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1447861121524.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>34967266
The plural of anecdote isn't data you fuckwit and correlation isn't necessarily causation. I know a bunch of fat fucks who drink diet soda and haven't lost any weight, but hey maybe it stopped them from putting it on.

Point is, there's really no telling without a properly executed experiment or statistical model, you presented neither you twat.
>>
>>34967266
And those people were fat as fuck and would have lost even more weight switching to water and a better diet combined with exercise.
See
>>34967230

If you can't drop soda entirely you have shit for will power and will never make it. You'll stop being a house, but you'll never be shredded. Que fraud spokesman.
>>
My stepfather who is 55 now, drank diet coke (tabxtra) his entire life like some of you drink water (I'm talking 2 liter+ every day, no joke), atleast since he was 30 and he has always been a lean, fit footballplayer. His teeth did however rot up, his liver got fucked, and he has insanely high blood pressure supposedly as a result. But he's lean...
>>
>>34967396
Tell us about his chronic and "inexplicable" kidney stones.
>>
>>34967433
Who cares about health when you look good???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>34967514
your right its only people who look like shit who care about there health
>>
>>34966891
Coke can be used as toilet cleaner.
Also has aspartame in it, which is bad (methanol is released by aspartame in the stomach).
The less you drink any soda the better
>>
Soda isn't bad for you stop worrying, wathc casey neistat, see how much shit he eats and drinks, and he still is in better shape than 99% of you guys don't worry drink that shit, just drink a shitton of water aswell
>>
just stop eating sweet things. you stop craving them in about 10 days.
>>
>>34968329

>(methanol is released by aspartame in the stomach
Not in any big amounts that matter AT ALL.
>>
>>34967116
Lost 40lbs going to diet. Maintained a cut. Curbed sugar cravings.

So far I've lost another 20 lbs body fat after cutting soda entirely and maintaining a cut.

Kill yourself
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.