[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you still be lifting when you're an old man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: scoobert.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
scoobert.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Will you still be lifting when you're an old man?
>>
def won't live that long
>>
>>34948105
lots of YOLO here on /fit/. srs, you kids will be dead soon just like your idol Zyzz and I will look better at 60 than you did at 23. just sayin'

Scoobs
>>
No point. I lift to look good in my prime.

I'll still do minor cardio for health though.
>>
The most horrifying thing, to me, is to see some guy in his 40s or even 30s who's too fat or weak to engage in physical activity. I watched a show recently where a guy who wasn't even 40 mentioned offhand that he had to sleep with an oxygen tank, like it didn't even concern him. I'd hate to be such an inactive piece of shit.

I dunno if I'll blast steroids when I'm that old though, that sounds a little silly
>>
>>34948105
dead by 50 crew, or even earlier
>>
>ever letting yourself become DYEL
>>
>>34948586
An optimist. I like it.
>>
I'll most likely get lost at sea and die in my late 20s or early 30s, m8.
>>
I'd rather not live that long, but if I do yes.
>>
File: AGCuu9p.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AGCuu9p.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
>>34950496
kek
>>
Been lifting 6 years. Started off enthusiastic lifting every other day. That lasted about 2 years, and then I graduated from Uni. I now hit the gym maybe once or twice a week. Getting older, job promotions, grown up shit, etc. Hard to find a day where I feel like going to the gym.
>>
File: 110124-lalanne2.jpg (137KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
110124-lalanne2.jpg
137KB, 1000x562px
Till .the day I die. Given my family genetics I'll probably hit 100. Or irony will hit and Il die quicker than the drunks and smokers.
>>
File: old-man.jpg (23KB, 259x339px) Image search: [Google]
old-man.jpg
23KB, 259x339px
>>34948105

Barring some crippling accident or genetic defect, I plan to lift / exercise until I die.
>>
Assuming they don't invent rejuvenation technology that keeps me from ever being "old", absolutely. Best preventative for many of the most serious problems of aging.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 160x90px
>>34948105
Fuck yes. I'd probably still be lifting and practicing martial arts till I get bed ridden.

I want to be able to have my grandchildren hang off my arms. I want to be fitter than men half my age.

I want to be able to give girls a quarter of my age uncomfortable Lady Boners!
>>
>>34948105
My plan is to die at 38. Motorcycle accident.
>>
Already 48. Started when I was 45. It saved my life.
>>
>>34948105
how old is sc00bz again?
>>
>>34952903
Your wish is granted.
>>
>>34952977
Tell us a Boer war story, gramps
>>
>>34948105
I'll Roid when I'm 45+. Too afraid of losing hair and impotence.
>>
>>34952903
have fun being crippled. At least shoot yourself.
>>
>>34948105
the 10 on those weights, is it kg or lb? please don't be an asshole. no i don't lift.
>>
this desu senpai
>>
51 years old. Have young guys complimenting my front squats. Feels good man.6
>>
I remember when I was like 13 that all of the adults told me to enjoy my youth and physique while I had it, because it wouldn't last. They told me that everyone naturally gets fatter as they age and that staying healthy through age isn't possible. I loved being fit so much that this was very painful to hear. I remember thinking that I wouldn't be like that, no matter what. I'd have a 6 pack until at least the age of 40 and that I'd never let myself get weak like them. As a child I didn't believe what they said about aging unhealthily being natural. I didn't have youtbe, and there weren't many living examples of this that I had yet, but I believed that it was possible to stay healthy through age.

I was the archetype of a Naruto-loving kid. I ran everywhere I could because it got me there more quickly than walking, and I loved being fast and first. I would make everything into physical challenges. I'd jump over high objects unnecessarily. I'd climb stuff just to see if I could. I didn't know about training or understand it, but I developed myself through day to day life.

Eventually I discovered lifting and that helped me maintain myself. I'll always hold with me the desire to be fit, agile, and capable. The adults weren't completely wrong. Aging does happen, and some things become more difficult; however, I will continue to strive towards what I said when I was younger. I still carry with me the boyish desire to be physically fit the same way I was back then. In that regard, I won't grow up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.