[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Fit Think of Ice Cream Fitness and Stronglifts 5x5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: novice-program-jason-808x302.jpg (52KB, 808x302px) Image search: [Google]
novice-program-jason-808x302.jpg
52KB, 808x302px
What does Fit Think of

Ice Cream Fitness

and

Stronglifts 5x5
>>
Great for fat guys that want to pretend to lift whilst undertraining every muscle and eating 5k cals per day.
>>
>by Jason Blaha
kekimus maximus
>>
>>34947583

>5X5 squats 3 times a week
>5X5 rows 3 times a week
>Undertraining every muscle
>>
>>34947608

As if 15 sets of legs per week is going to grow them, especially only doing 5 reps.
>>
>>34947608

>not contradicting the post he referenced in the slightest
>>
Literally just strong lifts 5x5 with accessory work.

99% of people do arm work when they run it anyway, so Blaha did nothing more than put his name on the unofficial version of it.
>>
File: Anna Nyström deadlift.webm (353KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Anna Nyström deadlift.webm
353KB, 640x640px
>>34947078
It's a weird routine. The sheer amount of volume requires that you have a very dedicated bulk and mindset to finish ~2h workout 3 times a week which most beginners don't have but the routine is only good for linear gains that new people get.
So ideally, it's suited for someone who casually lifted a while ago and now wants to get serious.
>>
>Is novice routine X better than novice routine Y??
Who gives a shit about novice routines?

It's the least complex programming there is. SS, SL, ICF and whatnot will all work because novices are stupidly easy to train.
>>
>>34947642

Implying that 15 sets a week of heavy squats isn't enough to build the shit out of your legs as a novice.

>>34947646

Found the guy who does the Flex magazine workouts
>>
>>34947676
goddamn that's some textbook pulling
>>
>>34947676

How does anyone spend 2+ hours in the gym doing a 5x5 program?

I did SS and SL, and my workouts were 45 minutes max.

The brosplit routines were the ones that took forever to get through for me
>>
>>34947759
>I did SS and SL, and my workouts were 45 minutes max.
dyel detected
>>
>>34947770

Nice try beta

PR'd at 485 squat last week. Show me your sub 200 after 10 years
>>
>>34947642
>especially only doing 5 reps
Intensity is inverse to reps. Less reps means higher intensity (weight).
>>
>>34947759

Agree with this completely. I'm trying to keep my rest periods as low as possible about 1min30 to 3 mins. When I start to fatigue and don't think I have much in the tank I rest 3-5 mins.

Workouts take 1 to 1.5 hours max and I include some thorough mobility work too
>>
>>34947743
Yea I don't usually save webms but that's 10/10 technique.
>>34947759
If you can do ICF in significantly less than 2h you aren't doing challenging weights. Look up the routine.
>>
>>34947743
>Anna Nyström
On a whim I decided to google her to see if she's competitive or what. Apparently that orange is 2.5kg and the black is 15kg. Here I thought she was nearly pulling 3 plate. I regret reading your comment m8.
>>
>>34947759
Not hard at all desu, I've been lifting 7 months but already fucked my shoulder so it's on hiatus. I skip the ab work though, do that and mobility work on separate days.
>>
I'm doing ICF, but I'm probably going to switch soon. I've been running it for a few months, just got back into squatting and deads after fucking my back. I also replace rows with pull-ups for back reasons.

I haven't noticed many gains, and I definitely cannot keep up with the linear progression it has. My lifts are kinda shit. I was able to keep up with the progression for maybe a month. I've changed a lot around, added a couple extra sets of AMRAP, and have now noticed a difference and am getting a bit stronger
>>
>>34947655
Literally this. Every single retard in here shits on the routine because they feel like shitting on Blaha, but anyone with half a brain and even the slightest knowledge of the subject would recognize it's a cookie cutter starter strength routine with 15 minutes of accessories added on the end.

These are the same people who complain that SS doesn't have arm iso's or core work. Somebody adds just that and suddenly it's too much volume.

Fucking plebs.

>>34947968
>I also replace rows with pull-ups for back reasons.

>replacing a horizontal pull with a vertical pull
You can't do that m8. You're supposed to add chin-ups in place of curls instead.
>>
>>34947743
>textbook
>squats it up

Lol
>>
They're fine. Just old skool style full body routines like the 1950s/60s bbers did. Great for beginners and natties.
>>
>>34948290
Back Reasons as in I fucked my lower back up and I'm just now getting back into squats and deads. I do replace curls with Chins though, because I never really feel curls
>>
>>34947676
So its perfect for me, but how long should I keep doing it?
>>
>>34947608
>1x5 diddy 3x a week
i do more DL volume in two days than ICF does in 14 weeks

>w-w-why am i making shitgains brehs???
>>
>>34948354
idiot
>>
>>34950990

And I do literally ten times the deadlift volume and half-again more squat volume in each week.

But I'd still fucking kill to be able to match linear progression. Beginner gains, man.
>>
>>34951044

Compared to ICF, I mean. Not whatever it is you're doing.
>>
>>34951044
>linear progression
aka turbodyel mode

>autism, activate!

linearly increasing the weight by a constant % each session implies exponential gains, which is clearly absurd: w*(1+c)^n as n->Infinity = Infinity

linearly increasing the weight by a constant amount each session implies vanishing relative increases: (w+c)/w-1 as w-> Infinity = 0% improvement
>>
Anyone have anything to say about Greyskull LP?
>>
>>34947642
moron with shit lets that look like twigs spotted.
>>
>>34947583

You don't think 15 sets of squats, presses, benches, and barbell rows with added accessories are enough?
>>
>>34947078

SL is shit-tier.

ICF is alright-ish-tier.

SS is god-tier.
>>
File: 1375512377733.jpg (156KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1375512377733.jpg
156KB, 640x960px
>>34951589
I do phraks version modified a bit so that it's 5x5. I'm a DYEL skelly faggot so what can I say?

Got compliments from 3 people though that my shoulders got bigger plus my gf likes my arms even though they are still spaghetti.

Conflicted a bit, maybe it's all bullshit but I'm going to do it for a few months still, until I make at least some sort of strength gains.
>>
>>34954505
>phrak

kek
>>
>>34954528
Please point out the flaws of the routine, I like to get called a retard.
>>
>>34954545
the routine is fine. it's just phrak looks small as fuck. his credibility plummets regardless of "oh, he doesn't need to be big and strong to write a beginner routine."
>>
>>34947078
Jason looks like shit and his routine is worse.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.