[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switching OHP for Incline Bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: rocky struggle.png (435KB, 1088x576px) Image search: [Google]
rocky struggle.png
435KB, 1088x576px
What's good /fit/, I got a question for y'all.
Lately I've been doing heavy OHP while sitting in the chair, But I feel like even with the back support I arch my lower back too much which I think hurts it and my spine. So I was thinking about switching the OHP to Incline Bench. Is this a good idea? Will I lose out on Shoulder gains?
>>
File: 1443414315890.jpg (21KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
1443414315890.jpg
21KB, 637x477px
Depends on your goal:

If you wanna waste your time keep doing it in thechair

If you want to waste your time and look funny do it in the incline

If you wanna build muscle and strenght do it standing.
>>
>>34926694
Give me a good reason to do it standing up other than in the chair. I used to do this and fucked up my lower back. Should I lower the weight or man up or what?
>>
>>34926705
You should learn to brace your core
>>
>>34926714
How will that help with shoulder gains? I use OHP to grow my delts and help my bench, not to tire my core for deadlifts and squats.
>>
>>34926705

Not him but your back is obvs shit and needs work, tighten your back muscles so you don't arch

Complaining about doing it properly when you fucked yourself up with poor form is on you
>>
>>34926694
you too much of a bitch to stand up straight? don't take all of the weight into your hips
>>
>>34926727
you shouldn't be doing OHP before deads or squats
>>
So Incline Bench gives the same delt benefits as OHP??? WTF?
>>
>>34926825

Maybe if you have the seat at like 75 degrees
>>
>>34926610
OHP is great, and unless you are competing stick to a weight that's easily manageable or you can snap your shit up. I do 3x10 or even more, working on form for the most part, which works wonders for me

Go heavy on stuff which has less of a chance to snap your shit like dumbbell presses
>>
>>34926874
Solid Advice. Thank you brother
>>
If you lift full body and alternate between bench and ohpnot swap the ohp days for incline press and do standing dumbbell ohp as an accessory
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.