[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missed window of opportunity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ss vs brosplit.gif (1MB, 242x322px) Image search: [Google]
ss vs brosplit.gif
1MB, 242x322px
I've been lifting for around a year now just doing upper/lower and PPL, everything around 3x8-10.

When I was starting I didn't know that apparently it's a good idea to do 3x5/5x5 strength stuff first. If I did SS, Reg Park, etc. for a 3 months or so right now would it do much? My main goal is just to look good, I'm not interested in powerlifting/sports
>>
>>34903731
I know this guy in my gym who started with ss, hes grown but im bigger, i always did a hypertrophy routine, currently doing ppl and always 3x8-10. dont worry keep on eating big and training
>>
>>34903731
do PPL with 3x5 or 5x5 on the compounds increasing the weight each time
also add in two or three accessory exercises

the biggest pitfall people make when doing PPL that makes it useless is doing it once a week
anything less than twice a week and you might as well not even bother

so long as you are slowly increasing your volumne from week to week and you're using that muscle group twice a week you'll get gains
>>
>>34903992
I did do/am doing PPL 2x a week

>increasing the weight each time
>increasing your volumne from week to week

What if it takes longer than this to progress? I guess I am cutting
>>
>>34904016
it all depends on the muscle group you're working
for the heavy barbell compounds i'd go 5x5 adding 1.25kg to each side when you complete the reps
once you stall a couple times go to 3x5, don't go under that because the total volume would probably be a bit too low

for muscle groups like rear delts, calves etc; where progress in weight is a lot slower and adding weight is a much larger jump it's not a bad idea to add an extra rep or two each time you do it
start with 4x8, next week 4x10, 4x12 then increase the weight and drop back to 4x8
or add in another set

all that matters, aside from eating and recovery, is the each week you are doing a little bit more than the week before
>>
>>34904061
>each week you are doing a little bit more than the week before

Yeah everyone says this but what if you can't? Is dropping down and doing less reps while keeping the same wait really the best thing to do? Why not just keep pushing?
>>
>>34904076
>Yeah everyone says this but what if you can't?
then you do it anyway
its fucking hard work if you don't want to do it then you won't get anything out of it
>Is dropping down and doing less reps while keeping the same wait really the best thing to do?
>4x12 then increase the weight and drop back to 4x8
>increase the weight
>>
File: 1399924388627.jpg (15KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1399924388627.jpg
15KB, 251x251px
>>34904091
>then you do it anyway

This isn't Dragonball I can't just will myself to be stronger
>>
>>34904113
then fuck off
you get out what you put in
there are people squatting 300kgs+
stop complaining
>>
>>34904124
That's really inspiring. I think I'll head back to the gym and just load up 300kg right now and squat it with guts and the power of friendship just like my cartoons
>>
>>34904141
please forget everything i told you
i regret trying to help
>>
>>34904141
You're the hero /fit/ has needed for a long time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.