[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2015 >still eating meat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: badass10.jpg (117KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
badass10.jpg
117KB, 800x533px
>2015
>still eating meat
>>
File: ilya-ilin-233_lg.jpg (57KB, 415x503px) Image search: [Google]
ilya-ilin-233_lg.jpg
57KB, 415x503px
>>34890469

>lifts all tanked when he became vegan

baka

Should have posted a pic of Ilya.
>>
>wearing a shirt claiming he's a vegan MUST mean he's a vegan
>>
>>34890510
No he's a vegan convert.
Still built most of his mass and strength from meat and the iron dick.
Stopped eating meat but is obviously still on gear and other substances.
Lifts apparently went to shit and he's visibly smaller then his earlier pics.
>>
>>34890528

Any before & after comparison?
>>
>>34890469
>Vegan
Animals died to make his t'shit.
Animals died to style his hair.
Animals die.
>>
>>34890500

But he broke his previous records
>>
>>34890528

>Still built most of his mass and strength from meat

Dairy really, he was vegetarian for years before he went vegan.

He's also improved since he went vegan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZIbWtCYxU

>This was my first competition in more than two years and I made a clear statement by shattering my own world-record in the yoke-walk showing that 4 years after going vegan I'm still able to improve on a world class level and I'm back for more. Exactly two years after my Guinness world record Yoke-Walk with 555 kg I was able to improve my own record yesterday during my comeback to strongman sports with 5kg more weight and in a much quicker time of 28sec. This was the fourth world record break since my switch to a vegan diet.
>>
>>34890469
this fucking beard tho.
no matter how strong or big you are, if you're wearing your beard like that, you're a massive faggot.
>>
>>34890706
That's cool and all, but natural lifter will get fat and weak.
>>
>>34890706
Good genes and even better gear.
Good on him.

And he did build most of his mass and strength base with animal flesh. CHanging to veg while doing shitloads of drugs doesn't change anything.
>>
File: 2ch8irk.jpg (129KB, 501x577px) Image search: [Google]
2ch8irk.jpg
129KB, 501x577px
>>34890469
You should be able to to compete against the best in the world before talking shit, fat boy
>>
>>34890730

This guy is doing pretty good natty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFV1L3lr0q8
>>
>>34890792
How do you know he's natty?

Because he said so?
>>
>>34890816

Yes. Then again you said anybody natty would be fat and weak, so he's probably on roids because you definitely know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1437601344986.jpg (326KB, 1200x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1437601344986.jpg
326KB, 1200x1083px
>>
>>34890792
He's definitely not natty. You're naive if you think otherwise.
>>
>>34891520
scratch that, on the thumbnail he looked massive, but in the vid he's not at all.
>>
>>34890500
>OLYMPIC champion Ilya Ilyin says eating horse meat is the key to success in weightlifting.
>>
>>34890845
>Yes
K then
>>
>>34890469

>vaggressive

Never stops being funny
>>
File: Shaw-Bale-Tote-Yoke.jpg (233KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Shaw-Bale-Tote-Yoke.jpg
233KB, 500x333px
Tell me all about his "world record yoke"

Maybe a vegan record, but meat eaters yoking 639.5kgs at the Arnold.
>>
>>34891588
>ILYIN: Yeah, meat was the main part of my diet – horse meat and “white” meat, chicken. But last February I decided to quit eating meat…

>KLOKOV: You decided on your own?

>ILYIN: I had been thinking about it for a long time, since I was 18. Arsen Kasabiyev [Georgian lifter] was there when in Poland [before London 2012] I sat with them to eat, and I announced in a serious tone “Guys, I’m thinking that I’m not going to eat meat anymore.” And it was clear to everyone that I actually meant it. And Arsen goes: “Maybe you should wait till you win the Olympiad first? And then make such statements”. And at that moment I realized how stupid my statement was, and I said “Alright, fair enough.” So I then waited eagerly till I was done with London, studied all this a lot. It’s not just some random decision because I read something on the internet – no, it was an educated decision.
>>
>>34891680

The distance carried is different though. Patrik carried his for 10 meters, Shaw carried his for 4
>>
>>34891707
lying gypsy
>>
>>34890469

how long has he been vegan?
>>
>One vegan athlete in a thousand achieves some noteworthy level of success, usually after building their foundation as a meat-eater then converting at some point down the line
>We should all be vegan you guys!!!!!
>>
>>34890469
ITS THE CURRENT YEAR, WHY ARE YOU EATING MEAT
>>
>>34891871

Same as meat eaters really

>millions of people eat meat and lift and are still weak and look shitty
>a small fraction of them are reasonably fit
>YA SEE? IF YOU EAT MEAT YOU'LL BE STRONG AND SEXY
>>
>>34891901
Except the VAST majority of athletes eat meat.

You forgot about that
>>
>>34891926

Yeah, because the vast majority of people eat meat
>>
Get fucked you dizzy little cunt. Explain canine teeth and while you try to do that, give this a read:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466124/

"Vegetarians displayed elevated prevalence rates for depressive disorders, anxiety disorders and somatoform disorders. Due to the matching procedure, the findings cannot be explained by socio-demographic characteristics of vegetarians (e.g. higher rates of females, predominant residency in urban areas, high proportion of singles). The analysis of the respective ages at adoption of a vegetarian diet and onset of a mental disorder showed that the adoption of the vegetarian diet tends to follow the onset of mental disorders."

You're literally, not figuratively, but really, truly, ACTUALLY not right in the head. I'm not arguing with you, I'm not proposing that, I'm stating it as fact.
>>
>>34891953

>Explain canine teeth

An adaption many animals have for a variety of reasons, both carnivore and herbivore. Not sure why people think canines means obligate meat eater. Even deer can have canine teeth.

> and while you try to do that, give this a read:
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466124/

How about YOU give it a read instead of just reading a summary?

>we found no evidence for a causal role of vegetarian diet in the etiology of mental disorders.
>because the start of a vegetarian diet, on average, follows the onset of disorder, the experience of a mental disorder may increase the probability of choosing a vegetarian diet
>Individuals with a history of a mental disorder may exhibit more perceived health-oriented behavior in order to positively influence the course of their disease. Moreover, the experience of a mental disorder may sensitize individuals to the suffering of other living beings, including animals. In addition, elevated levels of health-related anxiety may lead individuals with mental disorders to choose a vegetarian diet as a form of safety or self-protective behavior, because a meat free diet is perceived as more healthy.

"Mental disorder" also normally means something like depression, not the insane asylum type mental disorder you might think the study is about. People who became depressed were more likely to adopt a vegetarian diet, possibly to help alleviate their depression by making them healthier. This has support in other studies, where restricting meat led to improved mood states.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737?dopt=Abstract&holding=f1000,f1000m,isrctn
>>
>>34890469
Are roids vegan?
>>
>we have no idea why mainstream media pushes vegetarian/vegan lifestyles.

ignorance is key for happiness i guess. and no, i wont explain, maybe for huge amounts of money i would but even then just maybe.
>>
>>34892102
No, neither are the supplements he takes as well.
Nor the HGH.

Veganism, like the concept of a goal body, only works in theory. An abstract thing that only makes sense if you don't really think about it and jump through extraordinary hoops.
>>
>>34891901

The argument doesn't work both ways. Meat eating athletes set a bell curve that even their most staunch and gifted vegan counterparts struggle to keep up with and fail almost entirely to stand out in, even when they're really just converts who built the bulk of their base as meat-eaters anyway.

Athletic vegan diets are a quirky dietary experiment that lacks more than a bare modicum of clinically-demonstrated proof for its hypothesis. Proponents of athletic veganism bear a burden of proof that has simply not been met for what they advocate to be considered worthwhile for the average aspiring athlete to follow.
>>
>>34890469
>vaggressive

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
vag
>>
>>34892163

Like 2% of the US population is vegan, I don't know about the rest of the world, and an even smaller fraction of that are athletes, while an even smaller fraction of that fraction are weight lifters or powerlifters. Yet in OP we have a world record holding vegan powerlifter that lifts more than the vast majority of meat eating lifters. It's hard to compare things where there's so few people in one group versus another group, obviously through sheer numbers alone most athletic achievements are going to be done by the group that makes up 99% of the community. That's why I disagreed with the "one vegan out of a thousand doesn't count" statement, because most people who eat meat are nothing special either. It's just that so many people eat meat that even the 1% of successful ones are a larger group than all of the vegans put together.
>>
>>34890469
>2015
>roiding
>>
>>34892250

>The disparity between meat-eating success and vegan-eating success is really just a reflection of the habits of the broader population.
>The effect of both diets on performance is in reality equal.

This is exactly the hypothesis I'm talking about. The odd meat-eating high-performer switching to the other side while already deep into his career and keeping it together is simply not enough to carry the burden of proof necessary to advocate the same switch for the average athlete. The jury has already come back on meat-eating diets: They work, and work consistently. The same cannot be said for veganism.

"Veganism may possibly be comparable in terms of performance, it could be worth a try if you have other reasons that already had you thinking about it," is a more or less reasonable thing to say. Unfortunately this is not even in the same universe as the kind of preaching you hear from the average vegan.
>>
>>34892157
I'll agree with you that true veganism is impossible.

But, I don't think most people should be eating anywhere near as much meat as they do. It's just an inefficient method of food production, water use, antibiotics, and has pretty bad pollutants. Even when people buy "organic" or "grass fed" or "free range" it's still a huge factory farm where the animals are treated pretty bad. I don't think there is any easier solution than just eating a little less meat. You don't need to eat it every meal. Also I don't believe people who say they don't give a shit about the animals. I think they're either burying their heads in the sand, or need a psychologist.

And before anyone gives me shit, I'm not a vegan. Far, far from it. My first job when I was 15 was working in my dad's slaughter house for a few months killing smaller animals and cleaning larger ones. I'd say I'm much more familiar with the meat production side of things than most people.
>>
>>34892073
I did read it. Did you conveniently ignore the conclusion?

"Rather, our results are more consistent with the view that ***the experience of a mental disorder increases the probability of choosing a vegetarian diet***, or that psychological factors influence both the probability of choosing a vegetarian diet and the probability of developing a mental disorder."

And as for canine teeth, do you think they HELP or HINDER the eating of meat? I don't care of goldfish "can have canine teeth", all humans DO, and for a reason. At no point did I state we're exclusively meat eaters. What I said was that exclusively eating plants is not normal, not healthy (mentally) and not what we evolved to do.
>>
>>34892556
Not that anon but
>evolved to do
Is a bad argument.
>>
>>34890510
It's HIS clothing line retard
>>
>>34890845
Rounded shoulders traps this guy has roid red flags all over
>>
>>34891808

Yes, and one reason it is a world record is that his same weight and distance hasn't been tested at any major shows like the WSM or Arnold Classic.

He made his yoke record at a smaller show... not testing it against the major giants of the sport.

Also the fact he is Vegan is likely not the independent cause of his strength.
>>
>>34895602
Thanks alot jackass, my boss got fired because of you
>>
>>34892556

>Did you conveniently ignore the conclusion?

No, I just didn't take it out of context like you did. The study found that meat eaters who became depressed were more likely to adopt a vegetarian diet, possibly to improve their condition. I don't know what kind of point you wanted to make with that.

>And as for canine teeth, do you think they HELP or HINDER the eating of meat?

I'm sure they don't hinder it, but I'm also hesitant to say our human canines are much of a help either when they barely extend half a centimeter past the rest of our flat grinding teeth.

>What I said was that exclusively eating plants is not normal, not healthy (mentally) and not what we evolved to do.

And you didn't make a very good argument for that
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.