[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently you cannot do deadlifts here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Wtf.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Wtf.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
I was looking to sign up for a gym membership with my considerably more in shape cousin (<15% bf, can comfortably whoop on me all day), and he said he goes here, though his gymbro also has workout stuff at his house or something. I live near both the one he goes to and a different chain altogether, but I was looking at the rules here and yeah, dead lifts are immediate membership termination on the first offense?

I've been jokingly told by my cousin that if I make it enough to get banned from there I'll be well on my way to actually being in shape though lol.
>>
Planet Fitness is for people who just have a membership to tell people they 'lift' and 'go to the gym.'
You'll mostly find retards and plebs at Planet Fitness.

What is the other chain in your area called?
>>
No, I think it's just forbidden to slam weights on the floor

t-they wouldn't ban deadlifts, r-right?
>>
>>34888555
Deadlifts, OHP's and some other lifts are banned there. Supersetting as well.
>>
They don't have any free weights for you to deadlift with, just the smith machines, but you can deadlift on the smith machines there.
>>
File: mkNmDUQ.jpg (58KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
mkNmDUQ.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
look at this fucking shit.
>>
>>34888536
There's a YMCA and a regional chain called ATC Fitness. It's one of those 24-hour joints that you swipe an ID card to enter. It's got that windows-for-walls thing going on so you can see all the stuff. No restricted exercises, yes free weights, though also machines.

The Y is the most expensive per month at $65; ATC is the most expensive on the first month at $120 and $15 each following month, and I believe PF is outright the cheapest.
>>
>>34888580
Just try one month at Planet Fitness, if you actually enjoy lifting and want to keep doing it, do yourself a favor and get a membership at YMCA or ATC.
>>
>>34888515
>free tanning
>free massages
>free infrared booths

OP you would be stupid not to keep your membership, just get a membership from actual gym and keep PF as your side bitch
>>
>>34888573
>dead lifts
>super setting

also, you get banned if you decide to superset shit like side laterals and tric extensions?
>>
>>34888610
Gotcha.
>>34888750
I'm ebonykin, no point in tanning for me.
>>34888817
Not sure.
>>
>>34888515

Deadlifts are overrated for bodybuilding anyway, plus they're one of the most dangerous excercise if not done correctly, even though it's one of my favourite excercises for strenght.
>>
>>34888573
Go in and do power snatches
>>
>>34890163
It seems like if you use more weight or lift with your back that you'd break all sorts of spine.
>>
>>34888573
>>34888566

why would they ban OHP ?
>>
>>34890551
too brutish for their safe environment, they want to see fruit puffs on the machines
>>
>>34890526

I didn't say it happened to me, not in 6 years at least, but it is potentially the most dangerous excercise
>>
>>34890636
Ah.
>>
I'm just gonna lave this here ...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/hey-lets-get-some-pizza#.cayAXd0qk
>>
>>34888573
what the fuck is wrong with an ohp? I don't even understand what could be offensive or loud about it.
>>
>>34890859
>Buzzfeed

I want to click it Anon but no.
>>
>>34890859
>buzzfeed.com

stop
>>
File: 1436426993356.jpg (54KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
1436426993356.jpg
54KB, 640x605px
>>
>>34890989
what happened there
did he rip out his spine?
>>
>>34888566
Why the fuck would they ban supersetting?

Not that the other bans are fucking idiotic but why supersetting, what the fuck.
>>
>>34891068
Apparently some banned jumping rope for insurance reasons.
>>
>>34891008
He has handcuffs on, forcefully detained all because some pussies “felt intimidated" by deadlifts
>>
>>34891665
I sincerely hope that's not what happened. Not exactly like that, but:
>Start deadlifting
>Manager says he can't do that and his membership is terminated
>Continues working out
>Manager calls police for trespassing
>>
Is it wrong that I go to PF for cardio because it's open 24hrs, costs me $10, and I'm still a fat fuck who doesn't want to ruin his joints by running yet?
>>
>>34891068
Because people who super set are always without fail the biggest arseholes in the gym their sense of entitlement knows no bounds, if you want to super set then build a home gym you entitled fuck, you are only 1 rung on the ladder above cross-fitter's.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.