[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flat vs Incline/ Decline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Bench-Press--Incline-Declin.jpg (58KB, 346x389px) Image search: [Google]
Bench-Press--Incline-Declin.jpg
58KB, 346x389px
Your opinion on this.

I see more and more people saying that flat bench press is far way inferior to the combination of the inclined and declined bench press ?
But othes are saying the opposite and it seems that it's common sense to say that flat becnh press is better since everyone has been doing it since the begining of lifting.

So who is right ?
>>
I have a flat bench for benching heavy.

I have a FID bench for doing inclines and declines, but decline presses are fucking stupid. Do dips instead.
>>
>>34879690
I always do all 3 on chest day anyways
>>
>>34879690
Flat barbell bench is a meme, a slight incline is superior in every way. Supplement with flat flyes, flat dumbbell bench and weighted dips.
>>
>>34879690
heavy flat barbell for strength prgression
low-incline db bp and crossovers for hypertrophy
>>
>>34880173
>>34880097
>>34880107
>>34880124

Well my routine is
Flat becnh press 4 x 6-8
Incline bench press 4 x 6-8
Dips 4 x 10
Flat flyes 4 x 6-8
I add one or two machines exercices if I feel like it.

But since I've been hearing all these shit talking about flat BP, I wonder if I really have to replace it by decline.

I tought first that it was some broscience but a lot of people are contradicted about this.

>>34880173
I don't really care about strength to be honest with you.
>>
Just my two cents. I've read from a source i can't remember that one incline up from flat is supposed to use the most amount of chest.

But honestly flat bench i feel you can lift more weight on which will overall do more for your muscle development and everyone I have seen who reps over two plates on flat bench has a big chest frame, solid pecs and tri's so it seems to work for them. I found adding incline to benches increases my chance of pinching muscles in my back. Just my experience since I'm more comfortable with flat bench.

Basically people who can't flat bench correctly don't get the results because they aren't activating the muscles required to keep the form.

Tuck your shoulders in close to your body when you bench. You will feel chest activation. Do it right now, push your elbows into your hips. Bench like that next time.
>>
Flat barbell bench press and incline dumbbell press is my combo. I think decline is least useful of the three, and flat bench is good for getting the heavy work in, incline is good for that long ROM.
>>
>>34880225

Well that's what I do. I don't even have any problem with the flat BP myself. I have a good form (except from my wrists but that's another story) and I rally feel my chest working when I'm doing flat BP.

I was just waondering if replacing it with declined would give me more gainz even if I really dislike that exercice.

>>34880262
Same. In fact I'll always keep the incline. I'm asking questions more for the decline vs flat problem.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_na5wtg09lW1qjpt7m.jpg (21KB, 393x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_na5wtg09lW1qjpt7m.jpg
21KB, 393x360px
The hodgetwins are all about how flat bench press is practically useless and how much they made gains by replacing it by incline and decline.

While a famous french Youtuber famous for his advices and knowldge advise to do flat bench press and incline and never talked about declined.

Do whatever suits you the most. Listen to your body.
>>
>taking Declined bench seriously
>thinking Declined bench is better than anything at all
Negro por favor
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.