[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point does it become too dangerous to perform a roll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 360_2[1].jpg (419KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
360_2[1].jpg
419KB, 850x567px
At what point does it become too dangerous to perform a roll of shame? 2pl8? 1pl8? Do you have any personal experiences with it?
>>
>>34866788
I think if you can lift it you can roll it no problem desu
>>
>>34866818
If you're rolling it that kind of implis you can't lift it
>>
You can roll any weight as long as you have spring collars on each side
>>
>>34866788
did a roll of shame with 90kg yesterday with no problems
>>
>>34866825
Dunno I have had no problem rolling away failed 1 or 2 rep maxes. I think it would be possible but pretty pointless to go heavyer.
>>
I benched 1pl8 last week and brought it down too hard on the 4th rep and felt my ribs flex inwards then farted really loud

If you're quick about it you could roll most normal range weights.
>>
>>34866788
Just rerack it at the end of your set op, no need to roll it off.

>mfw you've been rolling the weight and dropping it on the floor after every set

Are you retarded anon? No one at your gym has called you out on this yet?
>>
>>34866788
i've rolled 325 and felt like my eyes are gonna pop out of my head when it was on my stomach

though you shouldn't be getting there
i've only had to do rolls when i was doing sets of 3 and it was like on 3-4 occasions, every time around ~300-320lbs

powerrack masterrace now, so no worries anymore
>>
>>34866951
He didn't say he was rolling it onto the floor.
>mfw you don't know what roll of shame is.
>>
>>34866990
Home gym? That's scary

Congrats on not getting crushed or rupturing your shit
>>
>>34866990
tighten your abs before the roll wtf man
>>
File: 1446454848295.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1446454848295.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
>>34866943
>>
Can't you just try to hinge the bar to one side instead of rolling it across of you?
>>
>>34867024
i didn't sset it down on relaxed abs, i'd probably have some organ damage if i did

300+lbs on 1inch thick bar is going to cause a lot of pressure m8
>>
>doing the meme press
>>
Why don't you retards just use a fucking power rack?
>>
>>34867061
>omg benching in the squat rack wtf
>>
>>34867054
also there is mental aspect of knowing you train in power rack

it's a double edged sword really
in one way i'm always 100% secure from fatal injury
but also there is this thing where i know i'm always secure and that sometime causes the "fuck, i'll just lower it onto safeties" and not even try to lift it like i would when i was benching on dedicated bench

sorry for shit grammar, i am from eastern europe
>>
>>34867068
>Omg not dropping a bar on your throat and being able to test your 1RM
>>
>>34866943
i saved your post into a textfile so i can repost it at some point in the future

thank you
>>
>>34866788
Whatever weight your lower abdominals and thighs can bear for a period of 3 seconds.
I've done a roll of shame with 175 lbs and there was nothing to it.

I don't imagine 405 lb would feel much different. C:X lmaooo
>>
>>34867114
I agree that the power cage is good for benching but so many mongoloids on this website would sperg out if you used it for benching.
>>
>>34866788
My 1RM is 245, I tried to man up and go for 255 last week without a spotter and had to end up rolling it off. It was unpleasant but wasn't dangerous.

Just lower the weight gradually and don't fucking drop it on your chest. THAT'S how you hurt yourself.
>>
>>34867061
/fit/ has this idiotic idea that being safe is a bad thing
>>
there's redditors rolling 375 off their body. there is no amount.
>>
>>34867487
>there's redditors rolling 375 off their body
Holy fuck, source?
>>
>>34867649
He means, someone else is rolling the 375 lbs off their body after they herniated a disc and passed out while trying to hitch their sumo deadlift with a belt and straps
>>
>>34867420
>tfw if I didn't bench in the only power cage in the entire gym I'd have to do it in the Smith machine
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
this guy rolls, 350 lbs off himself like its nothing.
>>
>>34866788
Just dropped 2pl8 on my face yesterday. Jaw is still sore, but the biggest injury was made to my heart and motivation to be honest family
>>
>>34867092
It's ok Nikolai.
>>
>>34866788
Just bench without clips so you can tilt the weight off
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.