[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really a hypertrophy range?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I've seen a lot of studies on here claiming hypertrophy differences between 5 rep range and for example 10 are nearly nonexistent, I want to know if I'm wasting my time evn thinking about hypertrophy work when I'm done getting my strength up or continuing to train for strength
>>
bump, for i am also interested in what a wiser anon has to say
>>
>>34866749

There was a study that showed no difference in hypertrophy between doing 5x5 (25 total reps) or 3x8 (24 total reps).
Total volume matters.

If you follow a 3x5 kind of program add just some accessories and you will have enough total volume...
>>
>>34866749
From what I've read, its more about the total weight you move. You're adding more volume by doing 200lbsx8 than 225lbsx5. If you do enough sets of 5 to match the volume of the higher rep sets, i'm sure it would be a wash.
>>
The hypertrophy range is from 1-∞

Doing literally any amount of reps will induce hypertrophy as long as you're using the proper resistance.
>>
>>34866900
Brb, curling empty toilet rolls for 1000 reps for massive guns
>>
All I know is that you shouldn't do six or seven reps per set.
>>
>>34867586
Well, if you can rep more than 30+ reps without fatigue, then the weight is too low and you're just making endurance gains. 5-8 reps that's pretty hard to do with proper form is good way to make strength gains.
>>
File: 1442194985152.jpg (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985152.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
>>34866749

There are studies that show there's a difference, there are studies that show there aren't...

In the end, the empirical experience of most people is that doing 8-12 reps does increase hypertrophy.

However, as a novice, 5 reps will give you just as much hypertrophy and you will gain a lot more strength than doing 8-12.

>>34866903

This is false. Very high rep ranges train a different type of muscle fibre and the muscle hypertrophy is very low.
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

Read it.
>>
>>34866749
Nigga all i know is that when I was in the bing we didn't have access to y'all starting strength bullshit. We just lifted nomsayin. Main difference between jail dudes and dudes in the streets is we did more mafucking reps in jail. The average fucko off the block goes in the gym and maybe does 5x5 or 3x8. We was doing way more than that. Probably 10 sets of 5 or 8 sets of 8. We went hard. Shit was real. That's the shit that gets results homie don't listen to none of these so called /fit/izens bruh. I was moving their 1 rep Max for reps behind the prison doors nigga.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.