[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasik, should i get one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: a18.jpg (26KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
a18.jpg
26KB, 600x537px
Lasik, should i get one?
>>
Not natty
>>
You should watch that newest Final Destination
>>
how long without lifting after lasik?
>>
interested as well
is this shit gonna change my life or nah
>>
>>34864699
how bad is your eyesight? mine isn't very bad so I just use contacts
>>
>lasik

look up PRK too

it's an alternative supposedly without the side effects
>>
It is a truly terrifying experience, but absolutely worth it.

During the free consultation, the doctor has to make sure you understand exactly how the surgery works, in grisly detail. They describe the machine that will make hundreds of micro cuts around your cornea; how it will flip back the top layer of your eye like a flap, so they can zap the tender eye-meat underneath it.

The day of the procedure, you'll feel scared and tense the entire time. They give you a xanax to help you relax, but make no mistake; you'll be awake through the entire procedure. You'll sit in the waiting room waiting for the drugs to kick in, and feeling miserable in that unique way that only 'anticipation' can make you feel.

During the procedure, they'll tell you to look at the red focusing light, and try not to move your eye away from it. The implied warning is: if you move, the laser might miss its target. And by God, you'll focus on that light more than anything you've ever done in your life. And it will be super difficult. Have you ever tried staring at something without moving your eyes, even a little? It's impossible. You'll be terrified the whole time, that if you move your eye even a millimeter, it'll fuck up your life.

You can't close your eye; they have it wedged open with some Clockwork Orange contraption. You can't blink, and they occasionally squirt your eye with some solution to keep it moist. Your eyelid will constantly be fighting to close, trying to escape the doctor's dark work.

You know what they don't tell you about, ahead of time? The smell. You will smell burning flesh - it'll fill the room, and permeate into your sinuses. You'll continue to smell it for days, afterward. That smell is your eyeball burning, as they make the corrections.

The entire thing takes 10 minutes. Then you go home, listen to some relaxing music, go to sleep, and wake up with 20/20 vision.
>>
I got one about a year ago. AMA
>>
>>34865804
Try to imagine life in high def. Contacts and glasses don't come close to the pure joy of perfect 'natural' vision. The day after my surgery, it rained, and all sorts of little details popped out at me, as I drove to work. I could see the bright flares of car taillights, glittering on the wet pavement. The plain, gray stormclouds contains millions of alternating, shifting shades of blue and grey and green. I could read fine print from across the room. It literally changed my outlook on life.

Was it terrifying? Yes, absolutely. Was it worth it? Yes, absolutely. It was the best money I've ever spent, and by a huge margin. I don't regret it whatsoever, and I want you to know all of the fright was just my own perception. The risks are very small. I hope you get it, and I'm sure you'll love the results.

That was five years ago, and I go in for a follow-up checkup every year. Still 20/20. No issues or complications.
>>
>>34864699

> should I get one

You should probably get both
>>
>>34865804
Oh my fucking god.
Now I will never get LASIK in my whole life. Fucking scary.
>>
>>34865804
>>34865813
damn you got me hyped as fuck
getting it this year
>>
>>34865793
Is that the only alternative? I've heard of something alternative to lasik that the military uses and its supposedly better.
>>
>>34865804
>10minute laser sight correction
>scary
kek

nigga i've had retinal detachment surgery while awake
(where they actually have to penetrate your eyeball with instruments to suck out the eye fluid, restore the retinae to its place and inject silicone oil into your eyeball to keep the eye pressure up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qElvykSBgMI
YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW SCARY
>>
>>34866413
>experience scary event
>scary event is not as scary as terrifying event
>YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW SCARY

They may not know that level, but they know what they experienced and what they experienced was kind of scary.
>>
how much $$$ did it cost OP?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.