[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions about running, and would love to hear from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: brrrr.jpg (26KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
brrrr.jpg
26KB, 608x342px
I have some questions about running, and would love to hear from experienced people

I just got into running a couple months ago, and I'm really enjoying it. But it's getting cold where I am, and I HATE sweating in the cold.

But running on a treadmill makes me want to kill myself.

So is that winter running gear worth it? Or is it better to just torture myself indoors?
>>
>>34552586
run outside. Always.

winter clothing gear is worth it.
Go with layers
compression
short sleeve
long sleeve
polar fleece
windbreaker

You can strip layers if too much.

Protip, on really cold days, put a plastic bag down your shorts, over your junk. Prevents frostbite.
>>
>>34552586
Even in the winter I just wear shorts and a tech T shirt, only wearing a windbreaker when applicable. If your hands get cold wear gloves but other than that I'm warm enough from running.
>>
>>34554975
where do you live brah, this may not work for OP if he is alaskan or one of Santa's little manlet helpers or some shit
>>
Has anyone experienced post nasal drip from running in the cold?

I went for a 3 mile run when it was cold last winter and for the next two days my nose was nonstop making snot. I was sneezing constantly, it was pretty shit tbh.
>>
>>34554998
Mid way up British Columbia.
>>
>>34555047
well shit brah props to you. I wouldn't be surprised if your balls have frozen off by now but other than that you're making it
>>
>>34555047
I'm in BC too. I like to layer up with something moisture-wicking followed by fleece and maybe a down vest if it's really cold. Nice technical under layers will keep you from feeling gross when you sweat. You can get cheap stuff from Walmart or Marks.
>>
Shin splints during and after almost every run. What do?

I've taken weeks-months off running, and everytime I come back to it they start again. And now the pool is way to cold to do laps in.
>>
>>34555172
Maybe there's something wrong with the way you're running. It could be worthwhile to go to one of those fancy shoe stores where they analyze your gait and get you the proper shape of shoe.
>>
>>34555172
you need to strengthen your calves. start trying to run with either mid/fore foot strike
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.