[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/. I started going to the gym a month ago to lose weight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

Hello /fit/. I started going to the gym a month ago to lose weight. The trainer gave me a set of exercises that I need to do, but I feel like I am doing way too much weight lifting for a person that wants to lose weight. I read that weight lifting isn't that good for losing weight, but I am not sure. So what do you guys think, is this program good for a person that wants to lose weight ? I go 4-5 times/week to gym.

stretches exercises: calf 2 sets 1 rep
quad 2 sets 1 rep
chest 2 sets 1 rep

core exercises: ball blank 2 sets 30 secs
gluet bridge 2 sets 12 secs

exercise:
cardio machine of my choice, I usually do 20 min of this thing that simulates running, trainer said 15 min tho.
chest press 2/3 sets 15-20 reps
shoulder press 2-3 sets 15-20 reps
independent lat pull down 2-3 sets 15-20 reps
leg press 2-3 sets 15-20 reps
abductor/adductor 2-3 sets 15-20

Pic related, how I look now. I lost like 2-3 kg in the last month.
I'm 158 cm, 78 kg.
>>
diet is more important
>>
>>32123640
Yeah, I am on a diet for a month now. No sweets and no fried stuff, no bread or soda. As little pasta and potatoes.
>>
>>32123684
Do you count your calories? How much?
>>
>>32123622
Doing weight lifting while cutting/losing weight is extremely effective. Please Read the sticky.

Your trainers programming for you is nonsense. Check out a workout that will incorporate compound exercises and a progressive workload like SL, SS or Reg Parks. Please read the sticky.

Eat cleaner (this doesn't mean eat less). Get a lot of vegetables in your diet next to lean meat and a carb source. Also; High water intake. More key points you will find in the sticky.

Do mobility exercises. And cardio. Any form of cardio that exhaust you and pushes your limits is okay. Check out the sticky.
>>
>>32123694
its pretty hard to count calories because I am not the one making or choosing what food I eat, but I am at like 1500/day
>>
If you genuinely go 4-5 times a week and stick to your routine and diet you're guaranteed results, shit is a no brainer. And nah weight lifting shouldn't matter cause I'm assuming you have next to no muscles to begin with, you'll lose the fat and gain toned muscle. Keep at it. Also London.
>>
>>32123711
SS troll, this chick doesn't want to become a bear mode t rex she wants to get thin
>>
>>32123720
if you've never counted calories before, you're probably bad at estimating how many you're eating. what exactly is stopping you from making your own food?
>>
>>32123720
and why cant you make your own food?
>>
>>32123720

>it's pretty hard to count calories
>but I am at like 1500/day

Nigga, with that body you are pushing 2k-2.5k a day, at least. People are notoriously bad at estimating calories. Start making your own food, and stop the damn excuses.
>>
>>32123759
I work as an au pair, I get the food from the people I work at, I don't wanna use money on food because I am trying to save to move. I told the woman that makes food to give me very little portions for dinner, since she makes sometimes really huge dinners. All her foods have vegetables in, usually either 3 or 4 as corn,carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.
>>
>>32123736
SS doesn't imply an intake of excess calories. It is strength training. If she hops on it now, she will become strong and by the time she knows how to properly do basic movements heavy she will know what to do next. SS does not equal Bear Mode Trex. SS equals strenght development.
>>
>>32123792
What's more important if you REALLY can't afford to make your own food is that you get the lean protein source and avoid carb/fat-dense foods. That's all.
>>
>>32123777
Eh. I am not looking for fast results. Im gonna take as much time as I need. As I said, I cannot make my own food.
>>
>>32123720
Doesn't matter. Count the food you get, eat the half.
>>
>>32123622
>but I feel like I am doing way too much weight lifting for a person that wants to lose weight

Re-read the sticky.
>>
>>32123844
You're already making excuses, just fuck off.
>>
>>32123922
Lol dude what's your problem? I just asked if his program is good for me, I didn't ask HOW to lose weight.
>>
>>32123989

I'm not that anon, but you're asking to be spoon-fed. Do your research, read the sticky, and fuck off. If you aren't going to do the work then don't even bother starting. 10 years from now you're going to be a disgusting pig and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>32124034
;DDD implying answering with yes or no to "is my program shit" is spoon feeding.
>>
>>32123622

>qt posts a pic of her (clothed) body and asks for advice
>literally every other board would sperg out at this situation
>/fit/ instead tells her to fuck off and read the sticky

Wow this place really is alpha and gay. Goodbye /sp/ hello new home board
>>
>>32124092

If you want a fucking answer to your question how about you read the fucking sticky? But to answer your question. Yes, your program is absolute shit. Now go read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>32123622
Well, your trainer put you on a retarded bodybuilding routine/pure shit. Is your goal to have bulked muscular imbalances?
>>
>>32124092

/fit/ guide to whether a program is shitty:

>Did a trainer make it for you?
>Did you randomly make it yourself based on Common Sense 2012?

A yes to either question means your program is shit.

>I just wanted a yes or no

gtfo.
>>
>>32124098

Welcome to /fit/.

OP has yet to realize that there aren't any girls on the internet.
>>
File: 1422459779087.jpg (103KB, 1219x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422459779087.jpg
103KB, 1219x250px
>>32123622
>manlet or femanon?

if the later pls pic related
>>
>>32124098
there's other thread with a naked girl i assume everybody is focusing on that
>>
File: 1423265564585.jpg (44KB, 366x446px) Image search: [Google]
1423265564585.jpg
44KB, 366x446px
>>32124098
and hang yourself there m8!
>>
>>32123622
Girls should up oh post on this board asking for advice if they already lift properly, like critiquing their physique or something. Not some girl just starting out who couldn't read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>32124208
Doesn't quite count on /fit/ as much as the other boards. Although we could have told her that routine was shit without knowing gender, knowing gender helps.
>>
https://boards.4chan.org/fit/thread/32121376/fit-how-can-i-transform-my-skinny-fat#bottom

Everyone, get in there right now, she's posting pictures flicking off people who insulted her body lel
>>
>>32124314

Thanks, newfriend.

Here's a better link:

>>32121376
>>
>weight lifting isn't that good for losing weight

sticky will tell you all you need to know don't concern yourself with babe science
>>
File: fuck yo trees.jpg (78KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yo trees.jpg
78KB, 764x1024px
>>32123622
READ
THE
FUCKING

NEVER
LISTEN
TO
PTs
>>
>>32124275
its counts in all 4chan and you answered by saying it all.

"Although we could have told her that routine was shit without knowing gender, knowing gender helps."

but its probably a troll passing as a femanon as usual...and the betas fall for it as usual
>>
>>32123736
Yeah gurl, wouldn't want to get BULKY like ARNOLD, just TONE UP!
>>
>>32123622
1. weight loss is all diet. You don't have to lift to lose weight.

2. It's incredibly beneficial to lift when losing weight, because a higher percentage of the weight lost will be bodyfat. If you don't lift, you'll lose muscle. If you're untrained, you can even build muscle while cutting.

3. It doesn't matter wether you're a girl or not, you have the exact same musculature as men. You have 1% of male testosterone, though, so you'll be lifting much much less and never get 'buff' (there's the rare genetic outliers but even then, you could just stop lifting if that was the case)

TL;DR: read the sticky, it applies to you too
>>
>>32124449
Well, there are societal expectations and cultural standards of beauty. Knowing gender, whether femanon or trap, helps judge a programs effectiveness for aesthetics.

There are sex based physiological differences as well. While this program is shit for anyone, it's doubly shit for an XX chromosomal typed individual. .

So yeah, I kinda like knowing so I can give a little better response.
>>
>>32124565
3. Is incorrect. It's 10~40% test of men. And women have differing musculature than men. Namely ~40% less upper body mass and ~20% less lower body mass.
>>
>>32123622
what's your shoe size

you've got gigantic fucking feet
>>
>>32124565
>>32124642
And test isn't the end all be all of muscle growth. There's also GH and IGF-1. The latter being in higher serum quantities in women than men.
>>
>>32124652
38 on fancy shoes, 39 on trainers like the ones in the picture.
>>
>>32123725
What they said. If you don't lose weight it's cause your gonna be losing the fat while gaining muscle which isn't bad.
>>
Diet is the most important factor in losing weight. Tracking your macros and energy expenditure is the only true way to lose weight efficiently. Lifting I would say is second most important as it determines the composition of your body after weight loss, meaning you can lose fat and retain muscle. After that cardiovascular health is quite important, but not imperative unless you already have problems with it.

First and foremost track your diet
Second find a real program like SS and add 1-2 assistance exercises targeting areas you want to improve (don't listen to all the bullshit about Youre Not Doing The Program, it's natural and good for you to individualize your workout to meet your goals)
Do cardiovascular exercise afterwards as you see fit (within reason, don't run a marathon every workout)
>>
>>32124642
>>32124694
My point was that women and men can do the same exercises because they have the same delts, same biceps, same triceps, same pecs, same quads. They don't skip any exercises, full body workout for males and females is the exact same, except females lift less. Females don't skip OHP because they have weaker shoulder musculature. They OHP less because of it.

As for test and muscle growth, yeah I made the numbers up but you can't deny women grow muscle at a much slower and lesser rate than men. There's usually no reason to fear getting 'bulky'
>>
>>32124768
Thank you, kind anon! Will do. I'm out of here, thanks everyone for advices.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.