[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I bother warming up and stretching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1427924625906.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1427924625906.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Should I bother warming up and stretching?
>>
>>31967414
lol no
>>
>>31967414

lol yes
>>
>>31967414
If your squatting and dead lifting yes if your a curlbro or benchbro no
>>
>>31967414
You got a hole between your legs?

if yes: Sure.

If no: FUCK NO! the fuck you gonna do with stretchy limbs huh?

this thread belongs in the QTDDTOT thread anyway.
>>
>>31967464
shit man I forgot that existed
I'll do that next time
>>
>>31967452
Shoulders and shit still need warming up, and I still stretch before curls
>>
>>31967464
I don't know man, staying flexible is probably important
that one picture always reminds me that I should stay flexible
this girl is head down in a big tube full of water and if she was flexible enough she would have been able to flip around and keep her head up but she wasn't so she drowned
>>
>>31967414
Got the video source? I know he got smacked but I've never seen it.
>>
>>31967464
so what you are saying is that everyone should stretch cause everyone has a anus ?
>>
>>31967806
naw sorry bruh I don't
>>
Yeah, you should do both, warming up brings blood to the muscles allowing them to do more work. Stretching makes you flexible and mobile, and it can't hurt to have more mobility
>>
>>31967793
That is fucking nightmare inducing bro.
>>
>>31967824
kek
>>
>>31967414
you should read the fucking sticky

I'll spoon feed you a small bit: stretching+foam rolling post workout relaxes the tightness in your muscles allowing them to recover better, i.e. it contributes to muscle growth
now go read the rest you faggot
>>
>>31968065
It can hurt to have more mobility. Going past the natural range of motion in an exercise you're overloading on can hurt you pretty badly. If you don't have good mobility to begin with, stretching can help.. but getting yourself extra limber past optimal range of motion can be risky. If you're never overloading, you probably won't tear anything, but lifting heavy (with good form) is lifting efficiently.
>>
>>31967414
Warm up prior, stretch after. Otherwise, get your tickets for snap city.
>>
>>31968344
I didn't mean or say when exercising, of course you should always work out in a safe range, but stretching helps with mobility when not exercising. You move more freely and feel better overall when you stretch after a workout
>>
>>31967414
Warm up? Yes, always. If you don't then you increase your risk of injury, especially if you're lifting heavy.

Stretching? Never *before* lifting, but always *after* lifting, and every day, too. Same reason: If you don't, you increase your risk of injury, in this case due to poor flexibility. I see poor flexibility all the time at the gym, especially in guys trying to do squats. If, without the bar, you can't squat all the way down to rest on your heels, then your flexibility is poor and needs to be addressed.
>>
dumbasses mobility is ridiculously important
have fun never deadlifting over 500 lbs nerds
>>
>>31968344
>prepare your muscles for exercise after doing the exercise

smart
>>
>>31968447
Got it. Anyone try yoga? It really limbers you up.
>>
>>31967464
>not having a hole in your penis

Life must be agony bruh
>>
>>31968656
Takes too much time, never had the patience for it...
>>
I find i can lift more when i warm up and stretch before a workout. Getting the muscles warm and the joints nice and wet will make your lifts better.

If you just walk in stiff and tight you will struggle.
>>
>>31968344
>It can hurt to have more mobility
That's got to be one of the most ill-informed things I've ever heard.

When doing ANY exercise in the gym, CONTROL is paramount if you're going to avoid injury. Having better flexibility is NOT going to increase your chances of hyperextending something and getting injured, not unless you're just flailing the weights around like someone with Parkinson's, or trying way too hard to lift way too much weight (i.e. not ready for it). I don't know where you got this idea but I'm telling you: it's wrong. There are nothing but benefits to increasing your flexbility.
>>
>>31967464
Please take your severe immaturity and crippling insecurities somewhere else, they don't belong in a discussion of physical fitness.
>>
No lift directly 500 lbs deadlift without even think of warming up.
>>
>>31969030
>No lift directly 500 lbs deadlift without even think of warming up

Then who was stretch?

Then who was stretch?
>>
File: Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif (932KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif
932KB, 245x150px
>deadlifting without warming up properly
>OHP without dynamic stretching first
>mfw

say goodbye to your spine, knees and shoulders, faggot.
>>
>>31968464
>and every day, too

unnecessary

If the stretching session is intense enough then once a week is sufficient.
>>
>>31969135
>If the stretching session is intense enough then once a week is sufficient.
Where the hell do you guys get these ideas?

>stretching
>intense
PICK ONE OF THE ABOVE ONLY.
Stretching is NOT supposed to be 'intense', if it is then you're doing it wrong.

>once a week
No. Just, no.
EVERY DAY. Especially if you haven't been doing it.
It costs you NOTHING but a half hour of your time, and you have everything to gain from it.

I think someone's bro-science has infected you. Please, listen to me, so you don't end up getting injured, OK?
>>
File: 1424097488802.png (618KB, 1500x640px)
1424097488802.png
618KB, 1500x640px
>>31967414
Just do the movements of your next exercise before hand to get your body into the grove, this should get out any kinks. I also cheat by doing minimum warmups so that i can put all my strength into the workout.
>>
Jesus fucking christ you people ask some retarded shit,
>>
been lifting for 5 years and i have never stretched (sometimes i pretend to strenth just to watch the stretching qt's). i only do warmups on deadlifts and occassionally bench
>>
>>31967414
Warming up -> yes
Stretching -> no
>>
>>31969076

what kinda dynamic stretching do you do before OHP

and also how do you warmup for deadlifts? i just do reps with 1 plate til i get warm
>>
>>31970769
Ramping. Do 1-2 reps of progressive weight until you reach your weight you muso lift
>>
>>31971015
are you literally thinking that this is dynamic stretching
>>
>>31971015
that is a warm up set bibby
>>
>>31970424
>Stretching BEFORE lifting -> no
>Stretching AFTER lifting -> YES
FTFY
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.