[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 34

File: jORhlDk.png (826KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jORhlDk.png
826KB, 1920x1080px
Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
http://www.iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
>>
first for tfw no gf
>>
File: whattt.png (426KB, 675x810px) Image search: [Google]
whattt.png
426KB, 675x810px
>>31911982
>>31909051
>>
for the dude
>>31912080
>>
>>31912075
Fuck off
I used to post Kanae videos way back before anyone knew who she was
Now she's just a /fit/ meme
You guys don't know
I'm the original kanaefag
>>
>>31912097
Yeah, I'm starting to think that too, especially as I'm making very very slow strength gains on my cut. Thing is, I'm cutting more than 5% bf, I'm trying to go from 25 to 16-17% bf, which is going to take me longer. I guess I will just throw in some clean/snatch pulls based on whatever move I'm practicing that day and work up in weight on those, and then when you guys tell me my form is okay on the 65 lbs c&j and snatch I'll slowly start moving up on that too. Is it best to move up starting from nothing, or max out on one day (work up until my form breaks down and use that last one before breakdown as my max) once I finally get my form down in a month or so?
>>
>>31912097
> Losing weight and gaining strength on a cut/maintenance is something WLers do all the time because of weight classes.

REALLY? REALLY?

HOW MANY WLERS YOU KNOW THAT CUT WEIGHT AND GOT STRONGER?

REALLY RETARD? REALLY
>>
>>31912225
>I'm starting to think that too, especially as I'm making very very slow strength gains on my cut.

no that's only because you're a beginner and weak as shit + a fatass

all the strength gains will soon stall as you continue cutting and once you're past the beginner stage
>>
>>31912139

mkay Mr pancake.
>>
>>31912264
Excuse me I'm actually an early intermediate, not beginner, thank you very much :^)

I don't think it's just me though, I know a few other guys who I train with who continue to make progress while cutting, and strstd (which overinflates your title but is still a pretty good indicator of time put in) pegs them at advanced. From what I understand, you can get stronger from not only CNS / technical improvements, but even gain a little bit of muscle mass (it'll be pretty negligible though)
>>
>>31912244
I don't understand your point
if it's obvious that they cut weight and gain strength, then I obviously agree bc I was proving a point the original anon
if you don't believe this then are you asking for proof
I swear shitposting at its finest
>>
>>31912244
went from 165 and dl lmao1pl8 to 147 and dl lmao3pl8 manlet gains reporting in tho 5'8"
>>
>>31912244
http://firstpull.net/2014/02/14/interview-with-ian-wilson-105kg-usa/
>losing 5-6kg bw b4 all competitions
>No! I always lift much more in competition when I am tapered
and almost every wler who has to make weight has lifted PRs in competition

a whole article on this shit: http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/01/14/getting-stronger-fat-loss/

and this guy isn't some advanced lifter, he's losing plenty of excess weight and could easily gain strength
>>
>>31912139
nah fuck off faggot

i claimed her as my waifu last year, and there is nothing you can do about it..*unsheathes katana*..heh...nothin personnel....kid
>>
File: 1428725162269.png (501KB, 714x541px) Image search: [Google]
1428725162269.png
501KB, 714x541px
>>31912463
>>
>>31912447
>and almost every wler who has to make weight has lifted PRs in competition

do you understand that they didn't gain strength when they cut weight for a competition? do you understand that strength takes time to develop and lifting a PR in a slightly lower bw does not mean you gained strength?

you're an idiot

and really using ian wilson as an example? lol
>>
File: 1389306967704.jpg (306KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1389306967704.jpg
306KB, 750x750px
>>31912463
Back off, champ
She's used goods by the time you found her
>>
File: 1421787423865.jpg (106KB, 644x889px) Image search: [Google]
1421787423865.jpg
106KB, 644x889px
>>
Didn't want to make it it's own thread but slightly off topic

I go to a military school, lots of mandatory shit going on all the time, plus I've got a fairly challenging major (physics) so I have many nights where I'm getting little sleep. Some weeks I'll average 3-5 hours a night plus a couple hours with naps mixed in. Whenever I try something like starting strength I plateau within a month or so and can't seem to ever break through.

You think it's because sleep?
>>
How do I pull myself under the bar I keep pulling the bar up
>>
>>31912492
>lifting a PR in a slightly lower bw does not mean you gained strength?

except weightlifting is a sport of relative strength measured through sinclair, so lifting a pr at a lighter bw means that you did get stronger, both in terms of absolute strength and relative strength

>>31912304
my 170kg backsquat is considered a decent bite into advanced on strstd but in reality it isn't strstd only gives you a rough idea of where you stand in the rankings at your local LA fitness, take your rank and go back 2 stages, that's where you probably are

>>31913227
if you're a beginner it's your form and your attitude, if you're @2xbw squat it's because you're not eating enough, 3-5 hours is plenty.
>>
>>31913291
practice tall snatches, practice pulling the (empty) bar to about top of abdomen level then just getting under from there
>>
>>31911982

could i get some push pull routine advice?
>>
>>31913810
Push the beads further into your ass and pull his dick deeper down your throat
>>
>>31913810
wrong thread

>>>/fit/qtddtot
>>
We need to add on the OP something like
"if your routine does not include any form of cleans, jerks, and/or snatches, and you do not plan to include them, then fuck off.
>>
>>31913849
no one reads the op anyways
>>
Does pent speak korean
also what's his insta
>>
>>
>>31914476
>>31912075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs59p026gig

>>31913860
pent does speak korean
pent does not have an insta
>>
>>31913306
nah m8, lifting a pr just means u displayed the strength uve already built
>>
File: 1429078313521.png (663KB, 1200x964px) Image search: [Google]
1429078313521.png
663KB, 1200x964px
>>31915281
Are you even Korean pent
>>
>>31915281
all the cool kids are on IG now m8
>>
>>31915767
but how do you make leg strength without leg PR squat?
>>
>>31917013
fuk, good point
ok new training program
mon: pr squat
wed:pr squat
fri: pr squat
>>
>>31915767
But with a proper taper you'll hit higher in your squats naturally as well, realizing your hidden gains which may not have have been there if you didn't taper properly
>>
File: jouko.jpg (19KB, 334x275px) Image search: [Google]
jouko.jpg
19KB, 334x275px
Question for the guys with elite level lifts:

Do you sprint fast?
>>
>>31917548
>elite level lifts
that would be no one here.
But several do track stuff, including sprinting.
>>
>>31917548
Ye
>>
>>31917066
shit, you'll progress faster than sal, wicked plan, OC do not steal
>>
>>31918235
idk why noone's thought of it before
>>
>>31917066
I think you need more than just squats there
Mon/Wed/Fri
PR Squat
PR Bench/OHP
PR Deadlift/Power Cleans
There. NOW it's art.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>31911982
jerk form check after tips from caladan and some anons 2 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=cJ-BBniYViM

still shit, but at least i dont fall forward now
>>
>>31918793
bad link
>>
>>31918793
wrong link:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=cJ-BBniYViM
>>
>>31918808
i'm a retard i cant even copy paste:
https://youtu.be/cJ-BBniYViM
>>
>>31918824
Widen grip a little, get a narrower stance.
>>
>>31917548
From my experience in high school athletics, people with higher squats have better sprint times.
>>
>>31916787
ye

>>31916793
i dont have lifts that i want to show off yet :(
>>
File: kwwup4Q.jpg (345KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kwwup4Q.jpg
345KB, 1080x1200px
Hey /owg/,

weak fucking powerlifter from last night here. Did some very very low weight c&j today for 7-8 sets of 3, how is it? Is my form trash? What can I fix about it? Not posting snatch yet because I still have to read up on it, watch it, and then get it down. Probably going to post my ugly snatch (hehe) on Friday.

The weight felt pretty light, so I might just have been getting it up wrong simply because it's too light for my body to feel any stress from the lift. Did get pretty winded after the 5th or 6th set though.

Also, what's the best program for someone like me where my bench/ohp/squat are intermediate, and my oly lifts are going to be at untrained? I still want to go heavy on and maintain, if not progress slightly, on bench/press/squatting, and maybe maintain my deadlift, while working on my oly lifts. Is the "That 70's Big: Transitioning To Olympic Weightlifting" one good? Seems to have everything I want in it.

http://70sbig com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/

Also, on a side note- is /owg/ always this slow? Coming from /plg/ it feels like this is crawling at a snails pace, are there that few weightlifters on /fit/?
>>
>>31920686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhCvl3xnpM oh fuck, this is stupid, forgot to post the video. Here it is
>>
>>31920237
>>31917548
people with high vertical jumps tends to have fast sprints

>people with higher squats have better sprint times.
powerlifters and strongmen have big squats but i dont think they can sprint fast
>>
>>31920686
doesn't look to bad for first time, decent extension/contact. try not to jump as much.

Yes owg is almost always this slow unless we are arguing about internal/external shoulders or some other random shit.

we don't have as much trip drama here wich seems to make up a fair amount of plg(from the few times i've visited) and yeah there are not a lot of WLer on fit
>>
>>31920528
just post rdm shit
>>
>>31920237
it's one of those things.. they're very well trained and also squat

people who haven't done all the training and just lift weights and have a big squat won't be fast compared to them whatsoever, in general
>>
>>31920714
almost 4 pl8 squat and skelly faggots sprint faster than me
>>
>>31921285
your bodyfat is too high
>>
>>31921342
i know, it's near 20%, but i dont want to stop making gains and cut
>>
Does anyone here do presses instead of jerks?
Just wondering how far apart the hands should be, do you want them the same width as if you would jerk it, or broader, like in a snatch?
>>
>>31921951
you should do both, but yeah same width
>>
>>31922290
Both widths or both lifts?
>>
>>31921951

You should jerk and press
Same grip for both
>>
>>31922296
ou should be doing both presses and jerks.

the width of your hands in the press and jerk should be around the same
>>
>>31922338
>>31922340
Wouldn't I put too much stress on the wrists if I used jerk width for the press, since the elbows will be in front of the bar?
>>
>>31920528
noone cares, post webm style stuff and some of ur shit lifts
>>
>>31920786
>doesn't look to bad for first time, decent extension/contact. try not to jump as much.

Thanks! How would I go about not jumping as much then? Will that change when I start going up in weight, or what? Or should I consciously make an effort to just explode up slightly?

Is this form good enough to start putting weight on and doing a program?

>we don't have as much trip drama here wich seems to make up a fair amount of plg(from the few times i've visited)
Yeah, that's one of the few things I dislike about /plg/, as much as I love it I hate when I'm trying to get advice or talk about something lifting related and the thread devolves into 300+ posts of 2 trips calling each other names.
>>
>>31922752

Push press breh
>>
>>31920714
>strongmen
Derek Poundstone has a 44 inch vertical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzkRwJ_ww4

>at 50sec
>>
>>31923171
What's the difference between push press and the jerk? Same as the jerk, but you move the bar up instead of moving under?
Wouldn't that lead to bad form for the jerk?
>>
>>31923160
It may change when you move up in weight. What you want to happen is full extension and then rather than dobkey kicking, just slide your feet wider and meet/catch the bar.

If you want to do wl start a program as soon as is possible for you and if u can find a coach near u get some help/sessions wit em
>>
>>31923373

Uhh
I think you should do some further research on the subject if you are confused about things like this
>>
>>31923464

Oh, I get it, so as I'm exploding and extending up slide one foot forward and one back as I'm off the ground?

I'd love to get a coach but I'm not in the position right now to be able to pay a lot of money for sessions, so I'm trying to learn on my own. I'll post my form here week to week though to make sure I'm not straying too far from proper form.

Is the "That 70s Big" program that I posted up there a good one for people like me, or not? It seems to have everything in it that I want.
>>
>>31923510
I just never paid attention to it, I only did regular presses, and no jerks exclusively.
>>
>>31923527
>exploding and extending..
yeh, watch
dis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um4VxiI2Ng0
couple things to note,
on clean and jerk (and esp clean) you are never jumping, you're fully extending, pulling/pushing the weight up and getting under. in the case of his clean, he picks up his feet after extending and stomps them down, but for now you shouldn't do that probably.
Also, your form will start to look shittier as it get heavier, though it isn't bad atm. practice the movement another week or two and then go up in weight.
Also that program looks fine, but I'd stick to what you're doing for a couple more weeks on the split.
>>
>>31923879
>on clean and jerk (and esp clean) you are never jumping
Is there a reason for this? Just curious, because if it's like that then it seems that there's a huge misconception among most people on proper form. Almost everyone I've met who did cleans or olympic movements jumps during the movement.

How do I condition myself to explode without jumping? It feels like when I explode that fast and push off the ground I always come up. Guess I'll try barely coming off the ground and getting under the weight while splitting my feet next time, video it and post it up on here again. I'll take your advice and practice 65lb cleans, c&j, and snatches one more time on friday and 3 more times next week before switching to a program and starting to put weight on, then.
>>
>>31924012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoZRU97jxXQ
extend powerfully, transfer power to the bar, not leaving the floor
>>
sup guys
>>
>>31924271
So it's more about pulling the bar up high and then dropping down under it than jumping to move the bar up and then get under it? Is it inevitable though that my feet will come off the ground a little bit with light weights?
>>
>>31924485
extend fully and transfer that power to the bar
when the bar is lighter, don't extend so forcefully, but still extend fully. Aim to hit the same positions as you would with a heavier weight (ie don't jump 2 feet in the air because you're putting as much force into 20kg as you would into 100kg)
https://instagram.com/p/0JdCxBiknX
light warm up lift, full extension, fast, but doesn't go flying up because he uses the right amount of force and transfers it all to the bar
>>
>>31924573
Ah alright, thanks. I'll try this out out on Friday then and try to film and post another form check. Thing is, I don't know what I would do at heavier weights because I haven't really done c&j before. I'll work more on getting the bar up with full extension and minimal force then.
>>
>>31924613
don't use minimal force, use the right amount of force to get the bar to the height you want, and ensure all of that force goes to making the bar (not you) go up
it's a lot simpler than it sounds, i cant explain good
try and copy lin qingfengs fast pulls and the kind of warm up lifts i linked
>>
>>31924668
Yeah, that's what I mean, sorry. Minimal force relative to the huge amount of force I was using earlier. Maybe "less" would've been better than minimal, haha. I get what you're saying though, I was more focused on getting myself up and the bar along with it instead of the other way around.
>>
>>31924668
One more question, if you don't mind. When a program has you work up to 5 singles without form breakdown, would I be working up to them the same way you would with powerlifting (adding 5-10 lbs at a time and doing a single rep until form starts to breakdown, and then go back to the last good looking set) or should I be starting with just the bar for 5 singles and adding on 5-10 lbs a week?
>>
>>31924881
First thing you said but as you are such a begineer you may want to spend more time (weeks)slowly working up to heavier weights
>>
>>31925220
Assuming that my form is decent (which it's not, but I'll work on it before starting to move up) what sort of progression should I use when working my way up?
>>
Does anyone have that screenshot of hysen pulaku saying "i done"?
>>
>go for 3 mile jog with friends
>they're talking and chit chatting the whole time
>wtf how do you have the air for this
>am dying, so out of shape.
>They're asking me questions and I'm wheezing out answers
>barely manage to keep up
>go home and nap for 7 hours

never again
>>
>>31923277
Not a vertical jump, jus sayin
still impressive
>>
>>31925567
it comes up in google images if you search his name.

what i want is the screenshot of him signing the doping form at 2014 worlds
>>
File: Hysen-Pulaku-Chat.png (18KB, 521x377px) Image search: [Google]
Hysen-Pulaku-Chat.png
18KB, 521x377px
>>31925739
>>31925567

kind of sad. let's remember the happier times with uncle abadjiev

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF3C0113A0011FD0F

my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=108DVB53VTg
>>
>>31925833
I fucking hate the american interviewer.
>How tall are you?
>Uh... one seventy three?
>That doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>31925852
which video
>>
Dad got really sick so I'm visiting him.

Haven't lifted in 3 weeks.Going crazy. All I've been doing is pull ups in some park and practicing the first pull with a broom stick.

Help.
>>
What are the GOAT stretching/flexibility achievements?
>>
>>31924359
ehab always uploads the funniest shit
>>
>>31925508
for you now, something like
20, 30, 40, 45, and continue 5kg jumps

btw, instead of us explaining this, you should really read the sticky and read and download Everett's book from the pastebin. For a beginner, I think it's perfect.
>>
Mirin the 77kg Euro Champs. Getts blew it all away tho
>>
>>31926812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxaFzrvkUo
>>
>>31929430
wow he does not sound like I expected.

who's the guy interviewing he sounds kinda obnoxious
>>
>>31929430
>well, you have the olympics after that.
;__;
>>
>Olympic Weightlifting General
>none of you compete in the Olympics
>>
>>31929494
>implying I'm not going to tokyo
>>
>>31918548
the bulgarian aliens did

*tips tinfoil fedora*
>>
>>31927139
Being able to pull a snatch atg
>>
>>31912463

*teleports behind you*
*punches you 516 times in 3 seconds leaving you a bloody mess on the floor*

ha.... too easy.
>>
>>31925833

>i done

fuck why does it have to be like that

what's he gonna do next bros?

>inb4 hysen pulaku crossfit seminars
>>
File: oh boy.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.png
17KB, 500x300px
i made insta
https://instagram.com/choijw1995/
#not #enough #hashtags
>>
File: apti.webm (2MB, 1280x720px)
apti.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>31931617
you can make high quality webms with Shotcut btw
>>
>>31931645
>>
>>31924881
2-3 sets at each weight, increase 5-10kg at a time depending how light it is
>>
>>31931617
followed u xx
>>
>>31931720
xoxo
>>
is there an equivalent site (or set of metrics) to strstd.com for wling?
>>
>>31930252
*it was a hologram*
>>
>>31932102
You can calculate your sinclair and have /wlg/ tell you how shit it is or compare it to other lifters, I think that's as close as you'll get
>>
>>31930272
that was from ages ago before he was at worlds and junior euros
>>
File: StandardsMatrix.png (299KB, 1741x2117px) Image search: [Google]
StandardsMatrix.png
299KB, 1741x2117px
>>31932102
basically ur p bad
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
Form check 'high bar' squat, please

Three sets, different angles
Background: knee and back injury, recently experimented loads with form

This session felt absolutely fucking horrible, so I figured I wanted opinions on when it's at its worst. My main interest is if the angle of my torso is passable or if it resembles a low bar too much. Opinions on my knee action is also welcome (tho might be hard to observe with these angles). I can hit much greater depth mobility wise than I show here but then my knee gets bfto, so I don't.

thx in advance

1st set: https://youtu.be/Q1EARuarABg
2nd set: https://youtu.be/fL0sMmrmJSc
3rd set: https://youtu.be/vmhCzXshEDM
>>
>>31912139
I salute you
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>31912139
I'm the original kanae-fag, I am even the one who made the peeping kanae image!
>tfw we've turned her into an ebin maymay, who will probably appear on reddit soon
Oh god what have we done....
>>
>>31932180
Cool table, too bad it has no deadlift+bench in it.
>>
>>31933367
>made an image
Congrats champ. If you discovered her off of /fit/ you're pretty far from being the original Kanaefag
>>
>>31933427
I don't even remember where I learnt about her, but it wasn't from /fit/
>>
>>31933383
Is this a meme
>>
Should I extend my back on the first pull or leave it as straight as possible?
>>
>>31935340
>first pull
you want to keep it at the same angle through, as your starting pos.
>>
My right knee hurts when I let myself down a deep squat quickly. It just feels like I was punched to the knee. It doesn't hurt otherwise, I can stand comfortably in a deep squat position. (with my body weight, I'm not sure yet how it is with actual weight, I took a break when it showed up)

Anyone else had this? What could it be.
>>
https://youtu.be/MQWzAs2m0ck?t=59

this is what you faggots sound like
>>
>>31938179
i kek'ed
>>
>>31938179
his take away point was different squat depths for different people
>>
>>31938605
I know
I linked to funny part of the video for a reason though
hint: bcuz its funny
>>
Hi could I have someone help me with my squat form?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHowD4XH4cw
>>
>>31938695
u look like a nerd lmao
>>
>>31938710
I asked for form help lol
>>
>>31938716
ya but maybe u need help with ur social form lmao
>>
>>31938761
I have probably fucked more girls than you and I am younger
>>
>>31938816
lmao you look like a jewish seth rogen
>>
>>31938681
oh lol the linked time didnt work for me. that was funny
>>
>>31938695
cant see shit cause youre a pussy and used a spotter even though youre in a rack lol
>>
Should I hire a fat neck beard power lifter for one personnel training session.
Would I learn anything.
>>
>>31917548
yes, i ran track in highschool, mainly the 100 and 200 races. never really tried and still won most of the time
>>
>>31938695
It's not that good tbh, looks like your lower back is bending
Also you just let yourself fall down, go down slower and controlled.
You're not in control of the weight on the way down, the weight is in control of you it seems
>>
>>31932609
shameful bump
>>
>>31939492
Same goes for your other videos, you seem to have bad form in all of them, on cleans you never get the bar high enough and you catch all the weight on your back
Power cleans your legs are not stable at all
How did you get so strong without injuring yourself?
>>
>>31939600
>How did you get so strong without injuring yourself?

lol

>he doesn't worship kstar for an hour daily and perfect his form

>how is he alive?

the squat is fine, that power clean video is not great though

>>31938695
>>
>>31939670
>the squat is fine
Mate he just let's gravity do its thing and then catches the weight on his knees
>>
>>31939708

I don't think it's excessive at all, it seems like a pr attempt. it should be a little more controlled on work sets. Are you suggesting that you shouldn't get any sort of rebound out of the hole?
>>
>>31939739
Not suggesting that at all tbh, just giving my opinion like he asked
>>
>>31939739

eh he's divebombing too hard imo
you can absolutely rebound out of the bottom without going that fast
>>
the fuk happened to yufkin
very poor performance
>>
Thank you all for the advice and I just turned 18 I'm getting away with bad form, I am trying to learn guys
>>
>>31932609
Looking pretty good but you're leaning too far forward, you're starting to go goodmorning style on your last reps
>>
Got pinned by my 90kg (200lbs mark) clean today guys.
Was feeling pretty good and decided to go for it. Got it up but couldn't bounce out of the hole.

I think I'll have it in two weeks, maybe three. It's just the worst feeling being in the hole and not being able to squat the weight up..
>>
>>31940552

time to hit those front squats son
>>
Did 70kg clean & jerks yesterday, jerks were ugly and I kept pushing the weight up rather than going down with it. I tried to do 70kg rack jerks today but I could only get one set (Max c&j is 80), and my split stride is too short. What do?
>>
>>31941069
What do you mean too short? Your feet don't split far enough? Can you not extend your legs further?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQUEIr5m7A
>>
https://www.facebook
.com/677792905572200/videos/vb.677792905572200/992061727478648/?type=2&theater
>>
>>31937666
please?
I got evil trips for you :(

It also hurts when I jump.
>>
>>31941822
>https://www.facebook
>.com/677792905572200/videos/vb.677792905572200/992061727478648/?type=2&theater
what
the
fuck
>>
File: 1427598797125.png (54KB, 255x199px)
1427598797125.png
54KB, 255x199px
>>31941877

>tfw you didn't train from child
>>
File: fatcat2.jpg (66KB, 1024x686px)
fatcat2.jpg
66KB, 1024x686px
>>31941939
>started semi early for a westerner
>still low af chance to git gud in a reasonable timeframe
>>
File: catswole.jpg (28KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
catswole.jpg
28KB, 500x385px
semi off topic just to keep the thread rollan
>fav cheat/fast food type meal
>gyro/ shwarma
>>
Hey /owg/ I'm a senior in high school wanting to eventually compete. Would it be advisable to have a football coach from my school teach me the lifts before I leave for college? Or should I just keep squatting, I don't want to self coach because I'm dumb
>>
>>31941822
the other day I was lifting and my 13 y/o cousin was over. I asked if he want to see how much he could do and he didn't really act like he wanted to but ended up deadlifting his bw (43kg) (with a rounded back p sure). I kept telling him to keep his back straight and bend at the hips and knees, but the fucker wouldn't let me watch him and did it when I was doing my set. He even set up his phone to record himself but tried to hide it
if that little dude knew of the potential
>>
>>31941877
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>31942095
does the football coach actually know the lifts? then yeah ask him for advice.
If not it would be about as effective as self coaching.
Best possibility would be find an actual WL coach outside of school
>>
>>31942294
The only insight I have into their coaching is that when taught the power clean they make sure everyone drops into a front squat, I don't know if that's convincing enough
>>
>>31942327
ask em some time and see what else they know
>>
>>31942037

Secret to happiness
low expectations
>>
>>31942350
Ok I really hope they know their stuff, would it be dumb to continue learning from them if it's just the power clean? I can't even do that yet so it'd benefit my knowledge but I don't know if I would form bad habits for the regular clean?
> tfw I just want to post lifts on ig for the trips to comment on
>>
>>31942400
that depends on personality
i have a superiority complex
>>
>>31942420
might want to take a video of one of the 'best lifters' and post it here
>>
>>31911982

I'm having pain in my hip joints during ATG squats. Please watch these three videos (each < 1 minute in length) and tell me if you see something wrong with my squat form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5vtQTWLOGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnz-lWSRgmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bJAPiPgQQw
>>
>>31942635
>I'm having pain in my hip joints during ATG squats.
most likely means that you dont have enough mobility to do atg squatz
>>
>>31942649
>most likely means that you dont have enough mobility to do atg squatz

I'd appreciate it if you'd watch the videos and tell me if you can see where my mobility is lacking.
>>
File: 150snatch.jpg (35KB, 700x586px)
150snatch.jpg
35KB, 700x586px
>>31942635
you have severe lack of ankle mobility, your knees aren't coming past your toes even with the shoes and you squat is entirely in your hips.
>>
>>31942688
in the hips aswell as >>31942823
>>
>>31941345
Yeah as it gets heavier I can't seem to remain stable when I get my femurs parallel to the ground and my shins perpendicular (long femurs and short shins make me dip pretty low). It's gotten a bit more difficult because I tried out power jerking for a time.
>>
>>31942823
>>31942874

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I've been meaning to post some vids asking for help for a while, I'm glad I didn't put it off any longer. Fortunately I'm not yet in snap city.
>>
>>31942956
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTQi5kdfW0

try the stretch at around 50, if you cant get both ass cheecks on the ground w/o discomfort your hips are probably pree tight.

I've found this stretch to be verrrryyyy helpful tho
>>
>>31943012
>w/o discomfort your hips are probably pree tight.
pretty flexible*
>>
>>31943012
I can do it without hand support and with both butt cheeks on the ground *most* of the time. It's exacerbated by less than perfect mobility and the bit of damage from all the hip impingement caused by my shitty form. I'll keep at it though, thanks.
>>
I don't really understand why/how the assistance exercises like snatch balances or drop snatches don't help the lifter at becoming better at snatches but pulls are --lack of a better word-- "OK" to include?

I do agree with "if you want to get better at snatches, then snatch more."
>>
>>31943492
Why would anyone even talk about assistance exercises if they didn't help?
>>
File: 1427669104054.jpg (71KB, 960x960px)
1427669104054.jpg
71KB, 960x960px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMOBggNBb-M

so qt
>>
>>31942077
Shwarma is good, I used to have them all the time when I lived in Toronto.

Red braised pork is fucking prime and was Mao Zedong's fav dish, but I feel like I'll get a heart attack if I eat it more than twice within a month
>>
>>31942420
My football coach was dumb as fuck when it came to training. He brought in his prepubescent 8 year old son once to do power cleans with his shit football team form and the kid broke his back. He called him a pussy and when I asked him how could you do that to your son he told me I didn't know shit and his son was "going to be a monster on the field". I hope he does, but I hope he lives to see the day even more.
>>
>>31943638
Who is this fluid druid
>>
>>31943788
clarence gf
>>
>>31943777
Sweet lord
>>
Has anyone ever heard of Bryan Marsh before Omar Isuf introduced him? Is he any good?
>>
>>31944902
he's started popping up on my insta feed.
apperently at one time he was a ontario champ, but he didn't compete at the recent ON champs this year.

pree sure he trained at my old gym in toronto where the coach is fairly well known/ good
>>
>>31944902
if omar actually wanted to get good at WLing he would just go to kanama hp seeing as he is in toronto.

but then again he has to record his videos, and the head coach would probably end up saying no to recording his vids there (super old school)
>>
>>31945328
or go train w/ varbanov who is a 3 time world champion/world record holder
>>
File: 1392580870545.gif (397KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392580870545.gif
397KB, 720x480px
>>31943638
>guis I message clarence on fb about his programming at ~300 sinclair
>he sent me seven messages asking my info
>i sent it to him (~280 sinclair) and some vids, nothing weird or shitty
>'read' the day after
>1 month ago

why would he tease me like this
>>
If someone has big fucking erectors and keep a straight back, is it possible they look like they're in lumbar or t-spine curvature when in reality they're fine? I asked Everett about this and he said that weightlifters should always be in slight lordotic extension so even with big erectors it should look completely straight at most
>>
>>31945808
>is it possible they look like they're in lumbar or t-spine curvature when in reality they're fine?

i dont understand lumbar spine curvature? you mean normal straight spine?

when you see someone with ugly rounded upper back it has most likely nothing to do with their lower back, because some people can curve their lower back really well like everett is suggesting but they can't keep the tspine neutral. look at most powerlifters keep the low back relatively straight but their tspine round as fuck

everett is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrV3-WJgITY

do it look like his back ever even slightly rounds? his erections are as big as your forearms
>>
>>31917548
Wendler did track ion HS, went from regular joe to fastest kid in HS doing squats
>>
>>31945936

sorry I meant to say flexion in that first bit. My friend has a rounded upper back when he squats, but he claims it's because his erectors are so huge that they are straight but look curved. I'm dubious.
>>
>>31945977
can he do a proper fsquat without leaning forward at the bottom? if he can and his upper back still looks rounded then he's probably right

if he can't give that sonuvabitch a kick in the teeth for being stupid
>>
>>31946008

depends what you mean by forward, he's a lanky bastard so no matter what he's always a little bit forward, but it looks perfectly acceptable. You can clearly see his erectors through his shirt, poking out even as high as his scapulae. Will think about teeth kicking though, he definitely rounds and leans forward when squats get heavy
>>
Hey goys. Plz form check my squat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ugEUfos8Y

I seem to get quadriceps tendonitis the day after I squat, every time. I have a big problem with knee valgus on the ascent, although you can't really see it in the video. Dunno what to do about it, as my ankles are p flexible(as I think you can see in the video), and I wear weightlifting shoes. I stopped squatting for 2 weeks, twice. Both times I came back I got Clarence syndrome. All my other lifts been progressing.

If you notice at 0:20, I hit a very hard sticking point. This usually happens whenever I try to force the shit out of my knees so they don't come inwards.
>>
>>31946184

is that 145kg or lbs?
maybe try slowing down the descent, and I doubt you're overtrained as you're suggesting considering you took 2 weeks off...
>>
>>31913116
whos this fatass?? lol this is why oly will always be a joke sports
>>
>>31946241
>>31946241
lbs, lmao, i wish kg. I'm a skelly m80. And ya def not overtrained. Cursed with long legs ;_;
>>
>>31946241
145 lbs

grill btw ;)
>>
>>31945462
clarence sucks tbh
>>
File: yagii.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yagii.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
>>31911982
>>
>>31940488
Damn, thought so too. Thx
>>
>>31946317

actually not awful for your worst tbh, could do a lot, lot worse
>>
>>31946377
I just thought I had at least made my way into a decent highbar form for someone with my height... Oh well, another session today so we'll see how it gets.
>>
>>31911982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O47mMZIkrA
I guess this is what snatching weight really looks like.
>>
Just ordered my first WL shoes lads
>>
>>31946813
Also lads what set/rep range am I looking at for the Simple Weightlifting Program Template?
>>
>>31946826

which is that one? can you post it here?

general rules: lots of sets, low reps for classics and classic variations (e.g. 6x2 or 8x1+1 for snatch clean and jerk + jerk), lower sets but higher intensity for assistance/strength work (e.g. 4x4 for clean pulls) and there's lots of variability on squats, can be anything from 3x5 to 10x3 to 8x5 to 4x8
>>
I won't have access to a couch until sometime in May, but I'm super keen to start training asap
If I just scrap my current (powerlifitng) routine altogether and replace it with high bar back squats, front squats, overhead squats, press, push press, core work and mobility exercises, is that going to stand me in the best possible stead for when I start?
What's a good pre-oly routine?
>>
>>31946986
Here is the program:
http://www.catalystathletics.com/article/1686/The-Simplest-Olympic-Weightlifting-Program-in-the-World/
I've only been doing WL stuff for close to a month. What about intensity % ? should I worry about it or just go by feel?
>>
>>31947014
>a couch
A coach.
But I also won't have access to a couch until may either, so that was probably more freudian than typo.
>>
>>31947014
>>31947014
>I won't have access to a couch until sometime in May

the horror
>>
>>31947017

keep the classic lifts between the 70-90% intensity for technique work, it's not about getting a huge total as it is about reliably hitting the right positions every time until it's mentally ingrained

you should go heavier for the pulls, squats, and push press, maybe in the higher sets and lower reps range, up to around 5 reps

remember to do some generic hypertrophy at the end too, work on core, upper back, and triceps in particular (and some hamstring work too if you can take it)
>>
>>31945936
how tf do i get a tight lordotic curve in snatch fuck
>>
>>31947108
>70-90% for technique
Yeh I hear you there
>Pulls
Okay so Snatch Pulls and Clean Pulls are basically snatch and cleans without the catch?
>Light bb hypertrophy
Yeh already doin core and upperback stuff, I feel I would be exhausting myself abit much if I added triceps but I'll try and figure something out. Would glute ham raises be fine for hamstrings?
>>
>>31947157

go on youtube and look up each exercise, catalyst athletics has a library

and yeah ghrs are good
>>
>>31911982
Source of pic please? Preferably video? How does that happen?
>>
>>31947359
Help?
>>
>>31947331
Gotcha, thanks for the advice Caladan
>>
Quick question my snatch is shit when getting to the full extension should I just extend by following a high pull or should I get a little bump by hitting my pelvis area against the bar? I find with hitting my pelvis a bit sends it into like a front raise movement but all pro lifters do it
Any tips?
>>
>>31947359
>>31947384
Please?
>>
Are there any oly lifters with body hair? I hadn't noticed, but everyone I can think of right now has no body hair, and I can't think of a non-ridiculous explanation.
>>
>>31947616
The guy who won Euros 77kg was hairy as fuck.
>>
>>31946184
Remove all weight, learn to squat again from scratch. Hold onto something in front of you to provide a counterbalance as you squat very low, and emphasize keeping the knees open. Only when you have hit a thousand reps with absolutely impeccable form do you add weight again, and even then, you only progress when you consistently hit your target number of reps with perfect form. Squatting is as much a technique dominant art as the actual classic lifts.
>>
>>31947359
>>31947384
>>31947614
literally says his name on his singlet and the competition name on the platform
>>
I tried cleans for the first time with 40kg and now my right knee hurts. The pain is under the knee cap on the inside of the leg(facing the left leg). It only hurts in certain positions and has been feeling around the same for 3 days now. Is this a common beginner injury? What caused it and what should I do to prevent it from happening again?
>>
>>31947905
Do you have the video please? The picture is too blurry to see the name.
>>
>>31947359
He's breakdancing to get himself pumped for his lift. It's a pre-lift warm up.
>>
>>31948270
jasurbek jumayev incheon 2014 17th asian games
>>
>>31947359
>>31947384
>>31947614
>>31948270
>>31948313
>>31948364
I found the video but I don't know what time it happens. Help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJxX_xC8ss
>>
>>31948378

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1823zU11Fk&feature=player_detailpage#t=4648

wrong weight class. it's not very exciting
>>
Has /fit/ always been this retarded. I can only attribute this to being underage, I can't possibly imagine an adult being this dumb
>>
>>31948518
lol thanks.
>>
File: mystery man.png (786KB, 842x626px) Image search: [Google]
mystery man.png
786KB, 842x626px
What is Lu's coach's name? Not Yu Jie, this nigger right here.
>>
>>31948678
that is yu jie
>>
>>31948678
于杰 m8
>>
File: not yu jie.png (791KB, 990x628px)
not yu jie.png
791KB, 990x628px
>>31948701
Ah, I thought this was him.
>>
>>31948736
thats chen wenbin
>>
File: chenwenbin.webm (967KB, 1280x720px)
chenwenbin.webm
967KB, 1280x720px
>>31948736
thats chen wenbin m8
>>
>>31946289
Do you mean sucks as in, don't get advice from him, or that he's a big frickin meanie
>>
>>31945462
its v easy to do that, i do it to lots of ppl
you just read it, dont feel like replying straight away then forget
send him another message m8, just don't be too naggy
>>
>>31948242
Please, I want joint gayns.
>>
>>31949497
Both. He's an ass and an idiot
>>
>>31948242
>>31950145
I'm not trained in sports medicine apart from a few courses at uni so don't take this for anything at all, these are just my own experiences and thoughts:
The area you are describing is likely the insertion of the medial collateral ligament (MCL).
>pic related

The most common reason for pain in this area is what is called knee valgus movement, or knees "falling in", for example when squatting. This puts unwanted stress on the ligament (and meniscus, with enough depth).

Without delving too deep into this issue, above form in classics and squatting is quite frequent in elite lifters. However you should keep in mind that they are indeed elite and have (most likely) taken steps to prepare them for such a technique.

What you need to do is to make sure, as a beginner especially, that your form is excellent and your knees travel where they are supposed to. In addition you may have imbalances (strength and/or flexibility) between medial and lateral side of your leg and / or left and right leg.

I would also recommend knee stabilizing (prehab) exercises which unilaterally loads your knees. This could be step ups, leg extensions, leg adductor and abductor exercises (just youtube and google).
>>
>>31945808
Lu's back looks flexed at the lumbar-thoraco junction right at the very bottom of the snatch because of his absurdly large erectors. But the appearance of flexion exclusively in the upper back is probably because the lifter is in fact in flexion. The excuse holds even less credibility if the lifter doesn't have as much musculature as Lu. Everett is right about lumbar extension in an ideal world, but in reality some degree of lumbar flexion, or at least neutrality, is going to be unavoidable on > 90% effort lifts where the lifter hits their maximum possible depth, unless they have perfect anatomy and proportions. There's no excuse for flexion in the upper back though.
>>
>>31950279
youre just jealous heh
>>
>>31950591
>>31945808

hey I talked to you guys a week or two ago about my awful cleans, this is literally as straight an upper back as I can get for front squats. Can someone tell me if I need to see a professional about this if it's still rounded? I can't get any better and may need more drastic intervention... this is only 90kg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpAEaQdqcs8

also how's my flexibility?
>>
>>31952117
that's actually preetty upright, I don't see any problems there
>>
>>31952117
That's a good front squat. I think you've just got a real bad case of whatever the form equivalent to body dysmorphic disorder is. You're upright, you don't have any excessive lumbar flexion, your elbows remain up, your knees go forward. All around good squat.
>>
>>31952228
>>31952477

ok sweet that's good to hear. I've been a bit paranoid, I posted this a while ago and it's horrifyingly bad so I'm just trying to make sure it's not a structural issue even at lighter weights

https://instagram.com/p/1UC3aCLrrE/
>>
Khetag fucking Khugaev
>>
>>31952629

you do need to work on your jerk though, your head isn't through at all
>>
>that snatch world record attempt
you guys can find HD recordings of europeans here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt319TvJavg
>>
>>31953215
hey pent do you know why your upper back is rounded in start position for sn and cl? mine is too and idk how 2 fix
>>
>>31953247
might be just not putting enough tension in the back
idk
>>
>>31953348
Dat ankle flexibility though. I'm jelly
>>
File: kazak.png (9KB, 528x136px)
kazak.png
9KB, 528x136px
do any of you guys read Kazakhstan?

somebody sent me this message on vk and liked one of my photos
>>
File: oh my.png (16KB, 1335x227px) Image search: [Google]
oh my.png
16KB, 1335x227px
>>31953579
ahhhhhhhh
>>
china instagram
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1477049046/hao415/photos
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1482114995/chejingjuz/photos
>>
The QTDDTOT isnt helping me out so I figure you all may know the answer.

Can I mix competition bumpers and regular bumpers for Olympic lifts? I figure since both are 450mm +/- they should be fine.
>>
>>31953579
It's a Muslim greeting in a mixture of Cyrillic and their native letters.
>>
>>31953598
i think someone likes you m8 ;^)
>>
>>31954865
if its bumpers then yeah of course
>>
>>31954865
there will be barely any difference between comp bumpers and training bumpers. go right ahead
>>
>>31953794
these guys have been inactive for a while, how did you find them? looks like each was only active for a few days
>>
How much will working out chest and biceps affect the snatch and C&J if i stretch daily? Also fuck ankle mobility, I haven't started weightlifting seriously but I can't seem to see any progress from my stretching :(
>>
File: asdf.png (12KB, 542x142px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
12KB, 542x142px
>>31955153
i was going this guys following list
he followed a few minutes ago after i posted on reddit
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-826803127/philwaterfield/following

>>31954909
oh thats nice
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.