[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 25

File: image.jpg (201KB, 778x1062px)
image.jpg
201KB, 778x1062px
Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
http://www.iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Remember, lead with the elbows, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGj5mXCpy6w [Open]
>>
Set many pr's today lads
Snatch 50 > 65
C&J 65 > 80
Total 115 > 145
Front Squat 100 > 115
They also looked and felt better than any other of my lifts. Sooo happy
>>
When do I max out? My coach says to wait til I'm ready
>>
>>31858970
holy fuck you can even see his roid acne on that shot
>>
>>31858970
acessory work for beginner oly? i want some hypo stuff for dem pussy gainz
>>
>>31859520

>for beginners
virtually nil I guess, speaking generally
see no reason you couldn't add lots of dips/push press/rows/ab roller though
>>
Big noob. On my catch for snatch, I can't squat down very far. Any advice? I need to work overhead
>>
>>31859520

Are there any areas that are lacking? Having a well-rounded physique is good for WL for a lot of reasons, from technique to injury prevention.

You don't have to emphasize it as a huge part of your training but it helps. I've noticed improvement in many of my lifts just from doing some low weight high rep bench/curl/row/etc stuff at the end of workouts where before I was very much a purist in my programming
>>
>>31859940
you physically can't squat that low or mentally you can't get under it?
>>
>>31859940

when I started I couldn't sit in the overhead position very well so I bought a broomstick that was the same length / width roughly as a barbell and I'd do overhead squats while watching tv. It took a few weeks or so but it helped a lot to just relax into the position and make it truly comfortable. Now I can just sit in it barefoot and hold it for a few minutes without issue.
>>
>>31859482
Listen to your coach. He probably means not for a while.
>>
>>31858970

Should one wear sleeves elbow, as well as knee on pushing movements, as well as pulling movements?
>>
>>31858970

Lunges DBs vs Bar? Also
>>
>>31861083

neither, just squat or single leg squat if you must do unilateral
>>
Wondering if you guys can help me out with a snatch question.

If I move the bar a few cm fwd of the metatarsophalangeal joint at the setup, I can be a bit more bent over at the start of the movement.

My back angle therefore doesn't have to change as much to get the bar to the knee. I still end up in the same position, I just started a bit more bent over instead of starting with a vertical back and bowing over the bar.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of this? No strong preference myself, just trying to decide.
>>
>>31861094

Could you elaborate why?
>>
>>31859033
I've had days like that only twice in my almost 7 years of lifting weights (one year olympic-style).

It happens, and its awesome when it does, but don't expect it to happen next time you go to the gym. You're gunna be disappointed
>>
>>31861178

just a waste of time when you could be squatting or cleaning. Single leg squats are also easier to do properly
>>
>>31861178
squats are better
>>
>>31861238
It was a "controlled session" where we'd just treat it like a meet but go for as much weight and as big of a PR as possible, so I don't doubt I'll not have that performance for a while. However it was still great and I'm gonna stop fussing about technique so much now, that's been holding me back on everything.
>>
What are some ankle mobility and hip mobility exercises that I can just do at home with no equipment. Mostly ankle though, my hip mob is actually pretty good but my ankles are tight as hell. I have seen the Calstrengh video with Jon North and their coach doing the ankle mobility exercise with the barbell on the knees in a squat position but that obviously needs equipment. So what can I do at home when I don't have anything to do that will help my ankle mobility?
>>
do you think clarence would agree to donating me his sperm for my gf for $10k?
>>
>>31861363

might do it for free, fly your gf to Ireland instead for $2k
>>
File: huh.jpg (15KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
15KB, 273x200px
Is a 175 pound (80kg) clean good for a 131 pound (60kg) lifter? I've only got maybe 6-7 months under my belt training with a good coach
>>
>>31861372
who cares just keep going
>>
what are you squat stats guys?
>>
>>31861353
stand on one foot, lean against something, bend the knee and relax your ankle until you feel it stretch
>>
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/raw-nationals?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed

>discuss faggots
>>
>>31861663
can also see here if lifts counted/weight etc
https://powerliftingaustralia.com/news/2015-raw-nationals-pacific-invitational-live-stream/
>>
Are Power Perfect IIs worth $120 guys?
>>
>>31861663
>>31861687
Yeh we know, Jezza set WR, bunch of new records in aus 83kg and 93kg, Bryce/447 Wilksaguy did amazing and George/Isley did only good in the Deadlift
>>
are you guys watching to the youth champ?
this guy almost seems hes not fully extending
idk tho
>>
>>31861731
links? and yeh he isnt
>>
>>31861731
holy fuck he is so lean, where the fuck is his strength coming from?
>>
>>31861695
ye mayb
>>31861748
http://www.allthingsgym.com/2015-youth-world-championships-lima/
>>
>>31861764
his ability to lift that weight comes from tech, speed, and mobility
>>
>>31861803

having a triple bodyweight front squat can't hurt either
>>
File: Sa 203kg Clean.webm (1MB, 1280x720px)
Sa 203kg Clean.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>31861767
how do you think the koreans have such nice cleans?

during their training everything they do seems choppy
>>
>>31861767
Cheers for the link and what do you mean by maybe for the shoes? Yes or No, I've heard nothing but good about them.
>>
streams down?
>>
>>31861878
yes the power perfect ii is gud i have a homeboy who likes dem

>>31861842
do u have a vid? i dont know much about this guy
>>
>>31861731
Penente ya goof, that's europoor champs
>>
>>31861731
he doesnt get up on the toes but he does fully extend the legs

watch georgi gardev snatch is the same thing
>>
>>31861921

nah I'm just saying for a clean that heavy for his apparent lack of size, he is obviously strong as well as technical and fast

as he gets older he'll no doubt start moving through the weight classes
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-12-00-00-28.png (627KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-12-00-00-28.png
627KB, 1080x1920px
>>31861731
>>31861933
Also, I think the speed under the bar he gets from not fully extending will be better than extending his hips that tiny bit more
>>
>>31861933
i never said he was from youth comp u big goof!

>>31861960
>>31861968
>>31861972
its durprising how lifters are different
>>
Cj bombed out on the snatche ;_;
>>
>>31862017
>durprising
surprising
>>
Stream isnt working for me?
>>
>>31862023
why american lifters always bomb on big comps idk
>>
>>31862229

usually poor coaching
wonder how mendes will end up now that he's gone to Brazil
will probably bomb out of his next comp tbh, his squat jerk always sucks
>>
>>31862229
One thing i've noticed is it seeems like westerners are more focused on just big numbers rather than being able to consistently hit pretty good numbers.

(super big generalization but whatevs)
>>
>>31862292
>his squat jerk always sucks

actually last time he competed he made the cj instead of snatch
>>
>>31862561
yea i mean the worlds he competed other times since then but he doesn't open with 180 snatch anymore lol
>>
Whats the video where klokov does the slav squat thing? cant find it
>>
>>31862635
dont loop
>>
File: 1421186434343.png (158KB, 215x348px) Image search: [Google]
1421186434343.png
158KB, 215x348px
https://youtu.be/x0TVU4dwjNM

Form check please. I've recently developed a passion for weightlifting and have been incorporating some power cleans and power snatches into my routine. I just wanted to make sure my power cleans looked good enough for me to move on to trying out full cleans and what not.
>>
>>31862744
what?
>>
>>31862770
should have started at full cleans and shit mate
>>
>>31862770

don't practice weightlifting in a commercial gym with commercial iron plates

also, get a coach
>>
>>31859520
dips, pullups and core work
>>
>>31859520

dips, pullups and core work

>>31861094
>>31861315
Caladan m8, do you feel lunges are bad because they engage too much posterior?
Also. Have you ever used step ups? I feel they are much better than bulgarian split squats or single leg squats for emphasizing quads. Or maybe I'm just a weak fuck. I use a stool at mid thigh height and make sure I'm very close to it + no hips rising, and hold a dumbbell as in a goblet squat. I get insane activation of quads
>>
>>31861353
>the ankle mobility exercise with the barbell on the knees in a squat position but that obviously needs equipment
you can do the exact same thing without a barbell. if you are shit you can use a wall behind you, or something to hold onto in front of you, experiment here. then just focus one leg / ankle at a time, pushing down on your knee with your elbow or just lean into it. probably needs a bare minimum of degree of flexiblity to get an effect tho.
>>
>>31861041
If you have sore joints, you could think about investing in sleeves, otherwise, no.
>>
What do you guys think about wl shoes with crazy high heels (1"+) like vs athletics? I'm having trouble hitting depth with 0.75" plates under my heels despite stretching my ankles for a while (I have size 12 feet also). I feel like really high heels would help me
>>
>>31864286
I feel like that would be the point you start putting your ankle at risk (instability) or sum shit
>>
>>31861803
you forgot extreme strength.
>>
>>31861764
>>31861803
Also its more of a neuromuscular adaptation kind of strength that weightlifters and powerlifters get. Also genetically some people are just skinnier and do not develop as much muscle mass but that does not mean it isn't possible to develop strength to the same level.
>>
>>31864286
foam roll then stretch your soleus and gastrocnemius muscles at least 3 times a day indefinitely. In time it will improve
>>
>>31862770
Full cleans are a better place to start. You're doing some sort of combo between a full clean and a power clean, where you're absorbing the bounce in your knees, which is fine if you want to blow out your ligaments

Your initial pull looks good but your extension needs work
>>
>>31864286
You think women enjoy walking in 6 inch high heels?
Now imagine how it would feel lifting in those.
>>
95kg power snatch/118kg power clean /125kg clean (was supposed to be power

http://youtu.be/KSTUd7hHcD4

I know you guys said not to do powers but today was a dick-around day so I figured why not.bim pretty happy with how much my bar path has straightened in the last week or so
>>
>>31866758
Take it from me bro. You're stronger than 95% of people who post in these threads but your technique has a long way to go. Don't be in a hurry to max out. Work on mobility, speed, and positions and you'll be lifting much heavier weights in a year.
>>
File: 1424720502435.jpg (108KB, 450x797px) Image search: [Google]
1424720502435.jpg
108KB, 450x797px
A few weeks ago, I got a 122,5 jerk, today I managed 130. I've only cleaned 115, about a year ago, been injured for a long time. Just wanted to share.

https://youtu.be/UZ8NRThVAFI
>>
>>31866758
start with your hips way lower than that, hyperextend your back as well.
>>
why aren't any of you fags going to tokyo 2020?
>>
>>31867191
Rio will be my last. Too old now. But thanks you friend
>>
>>31867325
who r u
>>
>>31867024
Morgan Ask?
>>
>>31867628
Absolut!
>>
>>31863937

yeah step ups are great too, I'm supposed to be doing them all the time because they strengthen the knee stabilizers but I can never be fucked
>>
>>31867793
Kände nog igen den gamle räven!
>>
>>31868347
they are absolutely worth the time, I use 4x6 schemes and I feel like they've contributed alot to knee health and quad strength
>>
>>31867032
>start with your hips way lower than that
wrong
>>
>>31868692

alrighty, I'll chuck them in twice a week or so at 4x6 each leg. Will give it a month and see what happens
>>
>>31868733
He can afford to start lower.
>>
>>31862635
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5essXg1Bc
here u go anon, the one with him talking about smoking n drinking w/ friends
>>
>>31866758

Man you really gotta tighten up that form

Get comfortable in a full snatch
Clean up your pull on both lifts
Work on your upper back rounding and your whole core losing tightness in c&j

You got some potential but not with that technique
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWyOl2HXuTE

crazy fight.
>>
>>31861876
fucking hookgrip
they didn't even film the fucking thing yet they put their watermark on it
>>
>>31871147
Uber rad footage though brah
>>
>>31871197
He clearly stole it from a TV stream, he could at least have the decency to not claim it as their own. I wish the jew fuck would get sued
>>
>>31871235
Yeah but I mean if he didn't post it no one else would have. So at the same time it's meh
>>
Do you guys ever have really good days where everything feels right and you smash your PRs and still feel good afterwards?
>>
>>31872731
Yup and then other days where nothing goes right and you question why you even do the sport.
>>
>>31872731

lol this is what I was about to post:
Does anyone just have really shit days where you can't even hit your working weight, then you shit everything up and even start failing warmup weight?

then I saw yours and felt bad lel. Really not my day today, lower back hurt near where it joins the glutes and everything felt wrong
>>
>>31874388
>Does anyone just have really shit days where you can't even hit your working weight, then you shit everything up and even start failing warmup weight?

when this happens on my way up to a max i just drop to the bar and keep there till it feels good and slowly build kg again or until I tire out whichever one happens first, I usually make it to a decent max for the day that way
>>
>>31874419

yeah was just doing technique work, but then all of a sudden I stopped staying over the bar. Felt fine all the way up to 70%, then everything started fucking up. Should have deloaded but just decided fuck it and did snatch pulls instead
>>
>>31874419

yeah i just take the weight off and work back up again, it usually works
>>
>>31874445
whatre your prs at now caladan? you said you were gonna try a 100 snatch a couple days ago
>>
https://instagram.com/p/1Ah6EtTDo6/ Fucking massive, look at how he bounces up. Do squats this big done right help acquire that ankle mobility?

Also, regarding the same account, why does Arkadiusz Michalski tilt his hips back at the start of a squat?
>>
>>31874932

stuck on 95/125, today I was intending to do a whole bunch of snatch technique work at 80 so I could nail it down but couldn't even work up to that, bad day. I also think I bruised my pubic bone.
>>
>>31874388
>Does anyone just have really shit days where you can't even hit your working weight, then you shit everything up and even start failing warmup weight?

Haven't had a series of good clean sessions in months now. Dunno wtf is going on.
>>
>>31875049
>bruised pubic bone
iktf. thats too bad m8
>>
>>31875049
>I also think I bruised my pubic bone.
I had a bruise on my cock when I was erect the whole time I learned snatch technique.
>>
Whos the insta account yeogdo ? Just liked one of my videos...
>>
>>31875793
korean guy that posts on reddit wl

doesnt post here
>>
>>31874938
>why does Arkadiusz Michalski tilt his hips back at the start of a squat?

ur supposed to keep the back angle arched like that especially in a heavy clean so you can catch the bounce, watch his fsquats it's not as obvious hip tilt as the bsquats in bsquats he starts with his hips relaxed then he archs it really hard and keeps it there all the way through the movement

this helped my squat when I did the same thing I even cut depth when I started doing that since I'm not mobile enough to keep the arch without rounding, after a few months though I'm back to normal depth also PR'd bsquat at 225kg few days ago doing this

you can see most beginners go for depth at the beginning if they don't have coach to watch them but if you had a decent coach he'd tell you to only go down as low as you can without rounding the back, full depth will come
>>
>>31876019
basically he's found the technique in the backsquat that closely mimics his fsquats/cleans

is really gud man
>>
>>31873546
>>31874388
Lol that is just every day for me because of my shitted up back
havent squatted over 110kg in months. Hit 135kg the morning after haloween and since then i havent moved anything over 120kg in my squats. Left side is shorter than my right side, right erector hurts every day, left scapula hurts every morning for a couple hours and all my lifts are asymmetrical. Every time i squat (front or back) this searing pain begins in my right erector and i cant get in any significant amount of work in.

just remember to keep that back strong and healthy because if it gets fucked up everything can go to shit for months.

And its real shit too that im finally starting to dial in my diet and eat ~3000kcal a day, sleep 8 hours a night and get real consistent on my snatch but another multiple month injury setback is just one bad lift away.
>>
>>31876394
i have the same thing with my back, one leg is shorter but it's not as bad as yours, i just feel one side of my erectors get much more sore and feels bigger than the other side

have you tried playing with foot position? i find that having the shorter leg a bit behind than the longer one helps keep the erectors in sync, but I can't keep them the same width when I snatch or clean so I don't bother changing my technique for those just for pulls and squats
>>
>>31876394

have you spoken to a sports doc? I have knee issues and totally feel you
>>
>>31861372
It's not good but it's also not that bad. I have a friend who weighs ~120 lbs who isn't very strong aside from his clean (145 bench, 185 squat I believe) who cleans 195.
>>
>>31876394
>>31876646
Just remember to get your volume sets in, friends.
>>
>noob still
>coach away in Panama
>left me workouts
>Saturday was heavy
>snatch up to 50
>well since coach isn't here....
>55
>60
>65
>lightweight baby

I can't wait to get my technique down, but it's definitely progressing.

>don't ask me about my cleans though, feels like I took 3 steps back.
>scared of catching bar on right clavicle which is my favorite thing to do now
>took 3 days of this and now my form is all types of fucked
>huge pussy
>>
>>31876512
the thing is that i dont feel like my leg is actually shorter, rather that since i've had a few back injuries all the musculature has just warped everything to compensate. Changing my foot position just doesnt feel right either, it just shifts the load from the problem area to other areas which have yet to develop any sort of imbalence issues.

>>31876646
Been to a sports physio 3x since november, last time was in january where i started of squatting for 1 set of 20 reps 2-3x per week, adding 10lbs each session to make sure i came back in slowly but by the time i hit 225lbs x20 3 weeks ago i felt like all sorts of stuff was going wrong in my back (upper and lower). Gonna do lots of unilateral work 3-5x per week to try to rehab it for now, but if it persists and ceases to improve then im going to see the physio again.

oddly enough, i get no pain from doing pulls if i start with my torso more parallel to the ground so i will just have to work on those for the time being. Maybe get some bench and pressing work in if my upper back allows it
>>
>>31877142
Are you me? I'm >>31859033 we have the exact same numbers, except my clean progressed
>>
>>31876735
>185 squat
>195 clean
how does this make sense?
>>
>>31869189
Klokov has pretty good english why doesn't he speak english more at his seminars?
>>
>>31874445
>>31874388
I find that as long as you dont completely throw a fit and give up on your session, you're alright. Just decide to work on something else, tech, another discipline, pulls, new fun stuff, hypertrophy. Everyone has shitty days. If its weeks in a row - start evaluating your programming and restitution.

Weightlifting needs to have the planets and stars aligned in your favor sometimes to make shit happen
>>
>>31877763
It's a low enough weight to be able to power clean it.
>>
>>31858970
just realized i have broken 200 sinclair (in training though)! yay :)
>>
>>31869189
kek, imagine klokov slav squatting and drinking beers and smoking cigs
>>
>>31879035

Whats ur cycle?
>>
>>31879194
test, deca, dbol, winstrol, hgh, halotestin and hard work !
>>
>>31879216

Ahh sheeeeet mayne, mirin stack and lifts.
>>
>>31879224
ty brah, you're gonna make it
>>
5 weeks out! Going to hit some more volume this week, but treating it more as a transition. Taper starting next week. Hit a 180kg pause back squat on friday morning so I'm pretty excited
>>
>>31880839
actually I forgot I fucked my thumb up. Cut it pretty bad while cutting lettuce. I won't be able to hook grip for at least a week... I'm going to try clean and jerking with straps. Hopefully I don't hurt myself worse.
>>
something completely unrelated:

>gasses
anyone else have problems with their stomachs? I'm not allergic to anything at all, yet every afternoon I spend about a whole hour farting (luckily I can do this silently). It doesnt smell anything at all and is basically only air. it's more irritating than anything else. wtf is this and how do I get rid of it? My tactic atm is to just let my stomach "rest" until I feel ok then head off to lifting (the days I have a session in the afternoon / evening). My food intake is ok, no junk shit, decent amount of fibers, no copious amounts of stress or coffee etc.

[blog]
Also,
>jeans shopping today, alone, at lunch
tfw get laughed at by salesperson because your glutes and quads doesnt fit into a pair of jeans
t-t-thanks
2 groups of teenage girls mirin my ass
barely contain spaghetti etc
salesperson said its even worse than hockey players she is used to helping (town is home to one of the top teams nationally)
finally end up with a pair in a new model with stretch she had to unpack from stock
tfw size 38/34
[/blog]
>>
>>31882206
>>>/fit/circa2011
>>
>>31882206
You have bacteria in your stomach that's causing these gases, get it checked out
>>
>>31877501

Haha, how long you've been doing for? 4 weeks here. 86 kg here too so by BW still shit. I think my clean sucks because so far it's 80% snatch 20% cleans, or so it seems. My jerk is good.

>had a lot of practice with that one
>hue
>>
What does /owg/ think of Bill Starr's Lower Back Protocol? Any experiences?
>>
>>31882385
>>31882385
I've been here for a total of 5 months, spent a month and a half with the bar and just drilling it, 77kg, been kinda hesistant to let it rip. Definitely had at least 2.5 more kilos in the snatch and 5 in the clean and jerk.
>>
挺举支撑
is this:
http://www.catalystathletics.com/exercise/198/Jerk-Support/
or
http://www.catalystathletics.com/exercise/197/Jerk-Recovery/
or something else?
deliuge if ur here m8
>>
>>31880907

nigga i remember you squatting like 160 for a few reps like half a year ago. How has your strength gone up so much mang.
>>
>>31858970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvNR6vIaZY

gotta love punjabi sher right? BRING IT ON YOU SKINNY LITTLE SHRIMPS
>>
>>31884268

This Channel is for the Righteous & the Honest people of the world, Pakistanis & Muslims, Christians/Jews/Atheist & wether your black/White/brown you are all welcome ,the Zionist can fuck off, Piss drinking katchies & kamzhor puddu Sikkhers also do one, Sikhs are so jealous of Muslims because of our growth every where worldwide & success. The Sikh Gurus copying everything from Islam & the prophets & the other half from Hinduism just read history
>>
>>31858970
>tfw hitted 3pl8 front squat beltless today
>tfw when still cant clean 80kg due to poor form
i have problem pulling the bar vertically, it get away from me and i fall forward
any tip?
>>
>>31884427
In the next 12 weeks do 1000 pulls with your shoulders over the bar.
>>
>>31884427
Show a video. My guesses: Stop shrugging, start with elbows out and "pull" up with elbows- its involuntarily done as a reaction to the hip extension.
>>
>>31884427
I have powercleaned 75kg when my max FS was 92.5kg.
Step up your game.
>>
>>31884531
I powercleaned your mums vagoo when she was 92.5kg
>>
>>31866758
Stronk tho
>>
newfag fatass here, not sure where else to ask this question. I want to lose fat. I read the sticky and it recommends weightlifting, but if I'm supposed to be eating at a deficit, won't I be stalling? Is this how it's supposed to be, or am I better of just sticking to cardio?
>>
>>31884527

not him, but any video examples on what you mean by this?
>>
>>31885528

this thread is for olympic-style weightlifting, go to the QTTDTOT thread

and no, as a beginner you won't immediately stall.
>>
>>31884512
what do you mean with pull with shoulder over the bar? any video to explain?
>>
>>31885652
sorry about that

>go to the QTTDTOT
will do, thanks
>>
dose European women lifters tho
>>
>>31885753

A vertical line straight down from your shoulder should be in front of the bar during the pull
>>
>>31875793
박행주

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YueC0cNEc
http://tvpot.daum.net/mypot/View.do?clipid=58391896
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=58391899
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=58765478

the videos he posted on instagram currently are not him

>>31875816
he deleted his reddit account
>>
>>31886358
>>31884512
>>31884527
going to try this from next week, thanks for the advice
>>
>>31886630

do an above the knee high pull/tall snatch or tall clean complex at a lighter weight. It really helps reaffirm the motor pattern
>>
>>31886667
>>31886630
will try that too
also, having some problem with the jerk, my coach says i have the build to squat jerk and i'm actually far more stable in an overhead squat position compared to the split, but with more than 70kg weight i just cant force myself under the bar.
>>
>>31886804

always easier to transition from power jerks IMO, and have you just tried lots of repetitions at a light weight? Your coach should have you doing a shitload of reps with just the bar, regardless
>>
>>31886834
yes i do a fuckton of reps with like 30/40 kg and my form looks almost flawless with that lightweight, but when i try to increase i just cant drop under the bar and i fail the rep.
with the split jerk sometimes i cant ever lock 0.5pl8, i just fall.
>>
>>31886920

you're probably not putting the weight above your head properly
is your torso completely vertical on the dip? Does your back cave?
>>
>>31886966
never tought about the dip, i dont even put much attention on how i do it, i dont think it's vertical since i do it on my midfoot.
thank you Mr Caladan ur my savior.
>>
>>31887027

yep, stay on your heels more. Get back to me when you try it next, I'm curious
>>
>>31887089
gotta try new c&j max wednesday, will deliver a video
>>
Everett just hit 143/175 at 105 for an american masters record, not too bad for an old bloke

weird splot jerk though
>>
Got pinned by cleans 3/9 times today. Only 12kg under my max. Feels like shit man.

This just means I have to focus harder on squats and I hate squats.

Also doesn't help I have the flu
>>
>>31888283
improve your timing on bouncing out of the hole.. or just do paused front squats
>>
>>31888283
>has the flu
>fails submaximal cleans
>thinks he has to just squat more
>>
>>31888283

also means you could do with bouncing a bit better, work on timing
>>
>>31858970
how the fuck do you get this weight above your head, god damn, respect
>>
>>31888406
I know but just two weeks ago that same set felt so damn light

>>31888400
>>31888424
Bouncing out of the hole ok thanks lads

>>31888432
lol
>>
>>31888432
>be born with god tier genetics
>acquire mental disorder at early age, making you perpetually unsatisfied with anything you do
>devote life to being the best at your craft
>>
Squat finally feels like it's going up now that I'm eating more and squatting with a lot more volume.
Good feels, boys
>>
>>31888627
> ikt2ndf
>>
>>31886459

On the off-chance any olybros have any experience with combining oly with other shit.

"program" at the moment is alternating (sn/sn pull/fsq) and (cj/cl pull/bsq) plus core, press and facepulls each session. Usually 3 or 4 times pr week
>>
>>31888818
When in doubt eat moar sleep moar
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>31889166
>oly
>olybros
>>
>>31858970
>mfw you're the assholes who do all these weird exercises on my stretching platform
>mfw you're going to hurt yourself so badly and I'll stand there watching waiting to stretch
>mfw no face
>>
https://instagram.com/yeogdo/
he now has cambridge in his description
whoa
>>
>>31890244

that fucking snatch speed, jesus christ
>>
Should I get a resistance band or a pair of dumbells?
>>
>>31889942
> stretching platform
lmao
>>
/plg/ here:
my knees click when I squat and it ruins what would be otherwise perfect ATG highbar. Even with the bar they click, but on heavier weights it's painful. The clicking occurs on the ascent after I've bent maximally at the knee; it seems like my kneecap is snapping back into place.

I have very loose quads and feel almost nothing from any sort of quad stretch. Are there any sort of corrective exercises or stretches you guys have used to solve this problem? If I can't find any recommendations I'll just start doing long at pauses and a battery of stretching
>>
>>31891230
post a video
cant give advice otherwise
preferably from the front so can see knees tracking
>>
>>31891230
are you stretching correctly? cause I had knee cracking that has subsided once i actually started stretching my quads/hips
>>
>>31891568
>>31891230

I agree, when I first started lifting ~2 years ago and squatting high bar, I was having knee issues out the wazoo (couldn't extend fully, popped all the time) and thought I might kneed to go to a doctor. but my mommy doesn't love me so I never did and just switched to low bar which solved my problems mainly. started oly a year ago and was having probs again with high bar but also stretching in the mean time, now I have less issue squatting more frequently and with 50-60 more kg
>>
>>31890244
no it just says weightlifting or something
he used to have a harvard.edu link to his page (but it didn't work)
what the hell, this guy is weird
>>
>>31892365
*now
>>
>>31884255
I haven't really gotten that much stronger. Here is a 165 front squat I did 6 months ago
https://instagram.com/p/uRJbRhK0Sr/?taken-by=geordil_

and here is 170 last month
https://instagram.com/p/0q-K-3K0QE/?taken-by=geordil_

I did get a lot better at back squatting in the past 6 month though. I think my pr pause squat was like 165.
>>
>>31893080
I did clean and jerk with straps today and it was okay. My one strap tore though so I cut the other one to match. Now they sit fully encased in my hand against the bar and I kinda hate it. Need some new straps. Hit a bunch of snatch singles at 105 and then 130-135-140 clean and jerk. Pretty happy with snatches, clean and jerks were weird with straps.

I'll have a handler/coach that I do well with at the meet in may so that's a big relief. Gunning for that 266@85, but I gotta start slimming down now. Walking around at 200lb lol
>>
>>31893147

get some nylon webbing and make your own straps
best I've ever used and cost about $9, most of which was shipping
strapworks.com
>>
>>31893147

man, just seeing this fsquat/clean ratio you've got going on reminds me of how much my squat sucks. Someone posted on here about upper back caving and improper row form, I really need to sort mine out (I go kyphotic as soon as it gets heavy)
>>
>>31893235

yep that was me. Last thread was pretty productive, it's in the archive

Also nice 190kg snatch deadlift geordil, hyoog
>>
>>31893223
nice, thanks man. I like them to just be a straight length of material, so that's perfect.

>>31893235
if you're the dude that just followed me on instagram then yeah I think you need stronger legs, hips, and core. Looks like your hips get way out behind you, rather than you keeping them under you and pressing through with your legs.
>>
>>31893498

ah fucking trip dropped. Not me, I don't have an insta. But we have similar issues, except that I valgus a bit more and my clean is a bit higher
>>
>>31893556
okay, well you should get stronger too.
>>
>>31893498

I tried the unconnected way and didn't like it so I just taped the ends together with regular athletic tape and they work so well

I think I got 3 feet of webbing
>>
File: IMAG0860.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0860.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>31893757
>>31893498

Here's a pic
actually I got 48"
24" for each strap, I like them a little longer than the ones I had before
>>
>>31893800

how do these compare to the regular style of strap where it's a single piece of fabric that loops around the wrist?
>>
>>31893819

do you mean the one-piece straps you see klokov use or the pl style ones
>>
>>31891230
I've got this too and no amount of stretching helps in any meaningful way. I think I've got genetically weak legs. I try to control the reps instead of plummeting into the hole like I used to and that seems to help a bit.
>>
>>31893890

pl style
>>
>>31893800
the fuck is wrong with your camera
>>
>>31893925

Oh these are better for WL imo, faster to set up and to get out of

>>31893967

I am a clumsy man and have dropped this thing so many times
sometimes it comes out fine but sometimes it has this weird colored haze over everything
>>
>>31858970
I can only go to the gym 3-4 times a week because it takes 4-5 hours off my schedule because of transport.

Can I do a calisthenics routine in between wl workouts, and if so, what exercises would benefit most my weightlifting in general?
>>
>>31894331
Practice with broomstick, foam rolling, stretching.

General core work is always beneficial and if you have weaker triceps then some push-ups or dips won't kill you at home, and even pullups on a pull-up bar would benefit you some as well.
>>
>>31891230
Very well could be not quads but TFL, IT band, or glute/hip that is tight and needs to be stretched. I tend to get knee clicking a lot. If I roll my IT band and work it in pretty good all the way up and down, as well as the TFL up near the top, and all parts of the glute, it can stop it. The more often I do these, it will go away until I get tight again.
>>
What are some accessory lifts I can add into my routine for stronger thoracic stability? When I start doing my heavier snatches and clean and jerks (power / squat jerker here) everything works fine from lumbar-spine down. when I get the bar in the overhead my shoulders and upper back just tend to give out.
Getting pretty bummed about missing my lifts.
>>
>>31895464

me you and a few other guys all have had this issue recently lol
>>
>>31895492
hah, that's pretty interesting. What have you personally been doing to remedy this?
>>
>>31895562

nothing yet tbh, watched omar isuf talk about it though and for once he seemed legitimately helpful and knowledgeable
>>
>>31895464
>>31895492
upper back and arm hypertrophy, shoulder flexibility, hold jerk overhead for 3-5 seconds before recovery and 3-5 seconds after recovery, unless there's an inherent flaw in your technique this should fix it up, i'd also recommend you switch to the split jerk seeing as you're having trouble balancing squat/powers overhead
>>
>>31895723
I'll keep all this in mind.
The biggest reason I originally switched over was due to surgery on my right hip. I cannot bring my right leg back without pain and discomfort that throws me off. I have tried switching, so that my right foot is my lead, and that caused discomfort and more severe balance issues than squat/power jerks. On my 65-80% loads I can squat/power jerk just fine, with maybe minor issues here and there, upwards of 90% is when I begin to dump forward.
>>
>>31895853
that really sucks dude, make sure you're tensing your glutes before you dip to maintain an upright torso, you might just be chucking it forwards away from you, got a vid?
>>
>>31895923
No vid sorry, wednesday is CJ day, so maybe by then I should.
I've been working on glute tensing, my PT's were very adamant about it.
I've ripped two pairs of jeans now just by casually squatting to pick something up, or check the fridge... :(
>>
>>31895946

oh you're that guy from earlier if I'm not mistaken? Remember what I said earlier too if possible
>>
Would you fine gentlemen advise getting into oly lifts if I don't have access to a coach to yell at me and impart wisdom?
Been lifting for about half a year, hate benching and feel like I need more explosiveness so starting c&j seems like a good fit for me.
>>
>>31895971
I post here every so often and it seem that when I do get recognized its because of my hip surgery lol.
To be honest, I do not remember the advice you gave me before... I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1427017759174.jpg (56KB, 651x900px) Image search: [Google]
1427017759174.jpg
56KB, 651x900px
How do I get an oly lifting gf like pic related?
>>
>>31895985
Yes. If you have good coordination and some smarts, you can probably get okay technique by watching Youtube and reading a bit. If you want to get competitive, you will need a coach though.
>>
>>31896127
Thanks bro. I suppose the coordination will improve as I lift a bit too.
Don't really care about competing, since my country is full of post-soviet monsters anyway and I'm already 25.
>>
>>31896149
Cool, just start doing some lifts then. If you have issues, you can always ask /owg/.
>>
>>31896015
why should people give you advice if you just forget it?
>>
>>31897387
That's kind of like asking, "Why should I clean my room if it's going to get dirty again?"
I don't claim to be perfect, people forget things every now and then. Who knows, maybe I do remember Caladan's advice, but don't remember that it was him that gave it to me, and I may be pairing it with a different experience.
>>
>>31898462
sorry m8 i dont remember who u r :/
>>
>>31898533
I was originally asking about accessory work related to overhead stability, because my upper back and shoulders tend to give out, while my lumbar down to my legs are perfectly fine while in the hole.
Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten what JT had just said.
>>
File: 1428518215170.jpg (121KB, 1275x524px) Image search: [Google]
1428518215170.jpg
121KB, 1275x524px
Anyone have higher res of this?
>>
>>31898728

oh there's a different guy who power/squat jerks previously who kept losing it forward too, thought you were him. We discussed staying on heels through the dip, and he maxes out cj on wednesdays too.
>>
Is it common to be affraid to get that much weight above your head? I train oly in crossfit gym (self-teaching, not doing any xfit shit, but girl friend of mine is coaching me sometimes since she did oly 5 years before starting xfit) and sometimes can see people being affraid to power snatch weight that they didn't get before. I mean, oly moves are easy to bail compared to, let's say bench, why do some people fear to try? I did 70 killos power snatch yesterday for the first time, failed first try, got it in second. Is it fear of falling into OH squat?
>>
>>31899297
Hah, what a coincidence.
I'll keep what you said in mind about staying on heels.
tbh it just happens that this week is day 1 snatch, day 2 CJ, day 3 snatch, next week its CJ, snatch, CJ.
>>
>>31899564

you have to build up to it

also not be a pussy

>Is it fear of falling into OH squat?

you should be comfortable with that
>>
>>31899564
I would say mental strength is a big part of hitting big lifts, as you do more you get more used to it.

also >>31899747
Just get under
>>
>>31899564
Because they don't know how to bail out. They need to practice that as well as doing the lifts.
>>
where is the euro champs stream?

I can't find it, could someoen please link me ?
>>
Bump (*^_^*)
>>
did anybody else not know that Frank Rothwell is an Olympian?

2 based
>>
also was quite j00cy in his heyday
>>
>>31905426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-QvFvvGmQ

also he trained in his kitchen for twelve years. i think he deserves a lot more respect than he gets
>>
>>31858970
>http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
hey im a newfag trying to learn this stuff. i noticed the url in the first pastebin has changed for finding an oly club.

new url:
>teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/clubs-lwc/find-a-club
>>
>>31905471
>>31905426
wow i thought he was some big weightlifting nurd
>>
My gym closed today, what can I do at home with a pair of 15 pound dumbells?
Planning on some box jumps onto my bed with stacks of pillows, pistol squats, jerk tech, and stretching. Plus wrist curls with the dumbbells. Am I missing anything
>>
>>31905886
You're missing snatch and clean&jerk
>>
>>31905930
I don't have a barbell or plates or a platform, which is why I needed to go to a gym in the first place
>>
>>31905886
Generic BB stuff for arms, lunges, pushups, foam roll + stretch, technique work with broom.

high volume I reckon since DB are only 15lb
>>
>>31905402
>Clonmel
Holy crap, never thought I'd see anything close to where I live here
>>
File: 1413935668296.jpg (317KB, 940x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1413935668296.jpg
317KB, 940x1280px
This question has probably been asked to death, but what's the best program for someone looking to switch from powerlifting to olympic lifting, first to try it out and then to stick with it if I find it fun? My stats are pretty shit right now, been lifting for around a year and I'm at (all in lbs) 5'11@210lbs, 23-25% bf, with a 335 squat, 195 bench, 405 deadlift, and a 135x3 OHP (never maxed). I read through the resources on the above links, and there's a fuck ton of different beginner programs that all seem pretty varied, so I'm not sure which one to do or how to go about transitioning. I don't have a coach available, but there are several people at the gym I go to who said they'd be down to show me the form on some of the movements, and I've already been practicing with a broomstick/empty bar. I'm also currently cutting 1-1.5 lbs a week, so hopefully that doesn't get in the way of learning.

tl;dr did strength work for a year, want to try oly, overwhelmed by all the beginner programs available and just want to find something simple that has both oly lifts/squats and maybe some bench/press/pullups as assistance. Occasional deadlifts would be nice too.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully you're as nice as /plg/ is.
>>
>>31906187
We have an OP for this
You should scroll up and see
>>
>>31906215
I said I read through the OP, but there's a fuck ton of different programs presented, and I'm wondering which the best one is. I'm also not sure if the best way to get into it would be to transition slowly or to just completely drop what I'm doing and dive in.
>>
>>31906187
>overwhelmed by all the beginner programs available

Beginner programs are for beginners, not novices. Basically you just need to get reps in and drill the movements while still working on strength.
>>
>>31906251
Find a coach, practice technique for a long time while continuing powerlifting, except with highbar squats and clean pulls
>>
>>31906182
thats franks hometown
>>
>>31906273
Alright, sounds good. I guess I'll incorporate some of the movements after my workouts with just the bar + 10lbs bumper plates to get the height right, and do sets of those until my form is alright.

>>31906283
Aren't those pretty expensive? I looked around in my area and the cheapest one is something like 300$, and I don't really have cash to throw around; I'm even going to a gym that's only 7$ a month. I'll switch back to high bar then too. Also, why only clean pulls and not cleans? Just curious about that, I've done cleans before and know the form more or less, so wouldn't it be better to do the full movement?
>>
>>31906326
Beginners attempting full movements with weights always have shit form, no exceptions. If you don't have a coach to correct you, you'll start convincing yourself that your form is good and will stick with it, both consciously and subconsciously. By the time you realize your form is shit, it will be too late and will take months to fix your shit form.
>>
>>31906386
Sounds reasonable enough to me. Is it basically useless to learn full movements alone then? Or is it not useless to slowly do broomstick/bar+10s practice on clean pulls, jerks, snatch pulls, and switch to high bar until my form gets to the point where it's passable enough to start switching to an oly routine?
>>
>>31906596
>>31906386

Oh yeah, so what's the best way to actually learn the movements correctly then? Should I do something like 5-10 sets of triples with no weight on the bar for a few weeks, get form checks in person / post them online, and when I feel comfortable start going up very slowly in weight and focusing on form?
>>
>>31906892
Yeah, pretty much watch as many videos as you can of Chinese lifters or world class lifters with similar bodily proportions, preferably in training. Read up on technique, and post technique checks. Do as many reps as you can until you feel fatigue, however slight. It's still worth it to at least get a few coaching sessions in tho
>>
>>31906386
>>31906596
I'm a big defender of self-coaching. I'm not saying I'm special (quite the opposite of my point), but I have been able to coach myself to have pretty gud form over the past year since I started wl. At least for a novice/intermediate (2-3 years) I think one can coach and teach themselves good technique if they're dedicated to it, as well as making oly noob gains since the programming isn't that hard.
This is all up to you, if after 4 or 5 months or form at least at 70% still looks shitty, then you prolly want a coach. I've seen some youtubers and other lifters on the web who suck at it and made bad progress w/out a coach. then there's clarence
I'm talking filming every set with your phone
>>
>>31907566
Post form, I'm curious to see where self coaching gets you
>>
>>31907566
also ye >>31907131

unrelated note, for those who didn't know about 1080p 60fps on youtube (chrome only i think), get ready to cum:
https://youtu.be/Z6yaqISyqb8
>>
>>31861767
That kid looks like the next kpop sensation.
>>
>>31907131
>>31907566
These.

Big proponent of self-taught. It's not ideal, but if you want to do the lifts then watching tape of pro-lifters of all types/nationalities, watching your own tape, comparing your tape, tracking your bar path versus theirs, and reading, reading, reading about technique will take you a long way.

Yes, minor mistakes can take longer to correct. But you can get pretty far with self-taught by practicing with the bar and taking the weights up slowly but surely, and always trying to be adamant about what the lift should feel/look like while you're doing it. Step-by-step, piece-by-piece. The cal-strength "how to snatch" and "how to clean" are great starting points that teach you progression from hip to floor.

These are honestly best effective if you already have decent understanding/body awareness with squats, pulls, pressing. If these aren't already GOOD, then they should be worked on first IMO if you are starting out. They were the first thing my coach checked I understood.
>>
>>31907640
are 4 u real?
>>
>>31907599
https://youtu.be/TNYeOPFiG_U
jerk still aint great
https://youtu.be/egYs2g8Yk18
>>
topkek
>>31907640
>>
>>31907602
>1080p 60fps on youtube
it makes me dizzy seeing high res
>>
>>31907734
>that fluidity
>that stomp
>those clearly visible blackheads
it's beautiful pent you're missing out
>>
File: 4Qdx57lDKO8jW8OCJLK0.jpg (58KB, 600x499px) Image search: [Google]
4Qdx57lDKO8jW8OCJLK0.jpg
58KB, 600x499px
>>31907644
>>31907566
>>31907131

Alright, many thanks then. Guess I'll start reading up on it and watching videos tonight, I'll do some clean&jerk's tomorrow, record it, and then post it up here for you guys to rip me a new asshole and critique me. I've done cleans before and people who did oly lifting in my gym said my form was on point, but this was a few months ago so I'm probably going to be rusty as fuck and have to start from scratch on them too. Would doing the bar + 2 10's in bumper plates (lowest weight my gym has) like this for 3 days a week, 2-3 months alternating c&j and snatch between sessions after my normal workout be enough to get the form down if I keep filming it and uploading it on here to get criticism, and watch/read the fuck out of other resources? If so, I'll go ahead with doing that while I continue training for powerlifting and getting my big 3 up on the side (still going to be squatting in oly, and a good deadlift can't hurt on the pull either, right), and if my form is decent by then I'll switch into a novice or beginner oly program and start building up slowly.
>>
look at these hotties with a body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QbfUe84CI
>>
>>31907815
sounds pretty good but I would recommend doing both lifts every session, even if you only practice with the bar on one. 3 day/week is the minimum really. and after a month or so moving up in weight wouldn't hurt like 50-65kg. it'd be hard to get hurt with that if you squat 140+
also
>deathlifts
they're fun an all (and don't have to be removed) but more than 1-2x/month is pushing it. You could better be spending your time throwing in pulls (clean/snatch deadlifts with a shrug at the top, mimicking proper form) a couple times per week. this will help ingrain the movements and you also can't get hurt with these as long as you ease into the weights.
>>
>>31907923
I'm already lifting 5x a week though, and from what I understand from the above I should ease into it, right? If I just straight up cut out deadlifts right now, especially while cutting, I'm going to lose muscle mass and strength. I can work in some pulls after my deads though. I want to get fairly comfortable with the oly lifts before starting to really move from pling. And I guess I will move up if my form's alright, but not by a lot. What's the reasoning behind doing both every session? Won't I just get tired? Don't most oly programs only do one each day?
>>
>>31902022
http://www.allthingsgym.com/2015ewc/
i think stream (easywl) only works at certain times

i found a gud quality of the comp on youtube tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qwEpXBhIfI
>>
File: juan estefania.png (578KB, 833x461px) Image search: [Google]
juan estefania.png
578KB, 833x461px
>>31907914
>lidia's jerk in 50fps
what are you trying to do to me
>>
>>31907972
most 3days do, but they also have you doing 1-2 more exercises specific to the movement, such as pulls, frontsquats, pushpresses. And good things come to those who do both lifts on the same day. I would at least practice split up the three oly lifts and pick two to practice.
Like I said, I'm not going to make you do anything, it's just that most people who get into WL late wish they would have started earlier. And your deadlift won't go down, it just might not go up much. when i started last year i was at 100kg squat/130kg dead, and 1 year later exactly I was at 148kg/165kg, this included a neverending 5 month cut
>>
>>31908198
also, what are you doing in PL that is 5x/week. at your current skill level, that seems a bit overkill.
>>
>>31908198
>but they also have you doing 1-2 more exercises specific to the movement, such as pulls, frontsquats, pushpresses.
I already do front squats / push presses as accessories for powerlifting, so I'll just leave them in.

I assume that due to their technical nature progress on the olympic lifts is leaps and bounds slower than on the powerlifts? Also, what's the best way to practice these movements then? Would something like 10x3 with the bar + 10s be enough to get the form down, as long as I'm posting videos and getting critique? How would I make progress or go up on the lifts?
>>
>>31908237
I bench 2x a week, squat once, and deadlift once. I do OHP on one of the bench days and then rows/weighted pull-ups get their own same day. Each compound movement gets it's own day, and then I do 3-4 assistance movements for that compound. I dunno if this kind of program has a name or not, but I learned it from an ex-competing pler who I trained alongside for 2-3 months and it's given me great progress, my dl went up from 1RM of 335 to 1RM of 405 in something like 2 months while on it.
>>
>>31907914
>>31908012
>>
Isn't Akkaev a bigoted racist
>>
>>31908357
was having that snippet of the girl with the dslr intentional?
it's kinda funny that's the thumbnail
>>
First time doing back ext. With a bar. Actually felt it in my lower back.
> tfw lowerbackpump
>>
>>31908736
Pree sure, on his insta I think there was also a vid of him firong off a handgun out his car window in the middle of traffic
>>
>>31909198

baller
>>
>>31909198
>handgun
I think you mean a fully automatic rifle
>>
>>31909211

there are multiple videos of akkaev shooting various guns out of his various mercedes cars actually
>>
alright guys everything is falling into place.
Got a steal on an olympic bar, ordering weight and rack in May
I signed up for a 1 week Olympic lifitng course with an Olympic hopeful with a pretty good repertoire and beginning that mid may.
good feels
>>
>>31909211
Oh yeah I forgot about the ak vid
>>
File: 1405902419385.png (211KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1405902419385.png
211KB, 500x277px
Hey lads. My right ankle has 10x better mobility than my left but/as a result I stretch my left more.

It has made no difference. I think the upper outer part of my left calf is tight. My left foot also feels more on its toes than my right. Could it be connected?

Thanks in advance mang
>>
>>31909453
is your right hip by any chance a lot tighter than the left?

cause this sounds very csimilar to the mobility issues i'm having atm
>>
>>31909512
Not sure. Left hip flexor used to have tightness issues but they've subsided.
>>
My left knee is getting chronic tendinitis, I'm not really sure what it is stemming from but it tends to happen a lot when I push press. Was only doing 90kg today but I think the dip was causing it. Is there a way to push press without stressing the knees? I don't seem to get it as bad when I jerk, which doesn't make sense because the dip is the same.
>>
>>31909727

>I injured my knees from training too hard, too often and without any deloads.

>Because my knees still hurt slightly I have to avoid doing power variations and Jerks as its at this angle of the squat that hurts the most. I completely dropped doing Power Cleans.

>The dip of the Jerk is the most painful movement for my knees and this is why in some of my max Jerk attempts I would just descend in the dip and give up!

This is from an interview of Clarence Kennedy. I'm also dealing with knee tendinitis at the moment. I agree with pretty much everything Clarence says in the interview. It's certainly worthwhile to read it.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/clarence-kennedy-interview-2015/
>>
>>31909727
So from >>31909833 I think that
>Is there a way to push press without stressing the knees?
is pretty much impossible.

>I don't seem to get it as bad when I jerk, which doesn't make sense because the dip is the same.
That is weird indeed.

Strict presses are probably fine.
>>
>>31909833
>>31909875

hah yeah I don't think there's much of a connection between me and Clarence, in my case I get it pretty much any time I do anything athletic, but his was a direct result of overtraining. For example, every single time I play sports, I get tendinitis, even if I had taken a whole month off from everything. It's very shitty. I'm thinking of trying to schedule an appointment with a sports doc, because every physio I've seen has been shit.
>>
how we doing today? I just tested my maxes today. 60/85@82

could have snatched more but at the bottom i kept losing it due to a lack of balance, Pretty sure i could have cleaned more too but the jerk was holding me back. Overall i`m pretty happy with it. coach says my technique looks very nice, so the weight should come up pretty quick.

/blog
>>
>>31908335
yeah kinda like 5/3/1 upper/lower
>>31908295
not sure if same guy but
olympic lifts are slow to progress but not that bad in the first few years
http://www.chinfl.blogspot.co uk/2013/09/progression-rates.html?m=1

yeah that sounds good, sometimes 12-13x2 would be good too. as long as your squatting (f & b) and doing pulls (try to start low and add like a couple kilos every week) your lifts will go up in the meantime while your practicing form for a little while. That's why it would be in your best interest to do pulls instead of deadlifts.
Honestly all the "practicing form" before starting the lifts isn't something I did. albeit, I was very weak (100 squat@70, like I said) but as long as you aren't trying to clean 90+kg anytime this month, I don't see why couldn't supplement heavier cleans in.
BTW make sure you're working on flexibility in the meantime, including overhead.

I can't really tell you what to do here man if you're wanting to keep the powerlifts in just use your best judgement I guess
>>
>>31910064
Oh, that sucks man.

I've been to 4 PTs and a sports doctor. The sports doctor was definitely the most helpful.

Still, if you have time, read the interview. It's pretty interesting.
>>
>>31909833
>I still managed to train hard without any kind of rest period, of course, my knees got worse so I started using pain killers during most of my heavy sessions along with a few cycles of dianabol and lots of caffeine.

surprised he admitted it honestly
>>
>>31910261
Not me Clarence is goat
>>
File: I-watched-Jane-die.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
I-watched-Jane-die.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>31910261
Haha, for a second there I thought I totally read over "a few cycles of dianabol".
>>
opinions on using wrist straps for hang cleans?
>>
>>31911187

straps are generally not advised on any sort of cleans
>>
>>31911187
use them, but wear them loose. i prefer the ones that are not closed... like where the ends are not sewn together. feels safer
>>
>>31910261

>a few cycles of dianabol
but the interview doesn't say that
>>
>>31911466

same, but the catch tends to feel wrong, like it's pinning back your wrists
>>
>>31910261
Kek
>>
so cute ;_;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MpLP4AmXw
>>
>>31908357
dat violent tit jiggle
>>
>>31910188
>>31910188
Yeah, it's the same guy.

Only reason I'm trying to keep my powerlifts for now is so that I don't switch to olympic lifting and then end up losing a lot of strength/muscle mass because I'm dropping down to doing light movements on a cut. If I was maintaining it wouldn't really be a problem, but I'm not. Even then, I'd like to hang on to the lifts I reached and maybe even improve them a bit over time, but I've seen a lot of programs seem to have both bench, press, and occasional deadlifts. So should I practice form for around a month while working in pulls / cleans as an accessory, and then when I have a passable snatch and clean and jerk switch to an oly routine, maintain, and work on keeping my form down while slowly going up on both?
>>
>>31909198
>>31909208
>>31909211
>>31909255
>>31909324

I got you bbs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLfXWU2wSew?list=PL3ahd5nTPex_YdRhd93G6JIw-rxe4ZUKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>31911760

Fuck here it is I hope. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfXWU2wSew&list=PL3ahd5nTPex_YdRhd93G6JIw-rxe4ZUKo&index=55
>>
>>31909727
Helped my knees a lot mate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLh0jF5M_gY&list=PL3ahd5nTPex9Nv-NAyoSP3ysxzaIGd5h8&index=67
>>
>>31911802

oh man we used to do this daily in high school. Thanks, I'll try it tonight

also that guy looks like /r9k/'s literal definition of a 'chad'
>>
>>31911853
> we used to do this daily in high school.
the fuck. why?
>>
>>31911853
It hurts like a bitch, but I started doing it 3 days ago and I literally have no sort of pain or cracking in my knees.
>>
>>31911982
new bread
>>
>>31911931

part of 'stretching', every day in school from age 5 to age 15, static stretching for 15 minutes before sports was a part of life
>>
>>31911669
I understand, but I think /fit/ has you brainwashed into losing your gains on a cut. I cut 5% of my bw for a comp in 1.5 weeks and lost 0 strength (some water manipulation, but you get the idea). Losing weight and gaining strength on a cut/maintenance is something WLers do all the time because of weight classes.

That sounds like a decent plan though. I guess it's fine to continue the program your own while your cutting and doing as you said. But yeah I would throw in pulls on your deadlift day and 'back/rowing' day. perhaps replace the latter day with pulls, rows, goodmornings, pullups, partially in that order.
check in every week or so for form. good luck
>>
>>31911275
why is that?
>>
>>31912315
look up zack krych injury
>>
>>31912350
i dont plan on going that heavy, and i will be doing them from hip position not the floor. i've done them for a while and never had the problem of landing back on my heels and having to ditch the weight.
>>
>>31912417
you can prolly get away with it, but you may want to practice falling back while keeping elbows up.
even if you look goofy. just lock the elbows up in the air and roll/fall back (like clarence at euro 23s) and you should be good.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.