[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

File: Laliquephoto2.jpg (37KB, 472x325px) Image search: [Google]
Laliquephoto2.jpg
37KB, 472x325px
LAST THREAD >>12342369
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
>>12283
>low quality image
I worked so hard for you, OP.
>>
>>12284
I'm sorrey
>>
Bleu de Chanel EDT vs EDP
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (64KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
64KB, 700x420px
30+ years and nothing has topped GIT yet
>>
File: o.23144.jpg (51KB, 680x874px) Image search: [Google]
o.23144.jpg
51KB, 680x874px
>>12287
*blocks your path*
>>
File: w1010.jpg (129KB, 1010x981px) Image search: [Google]
w1010.jpg
129KB, 1010x981px
>>12287
>>12288
*shits in your paths*
>>
Only own bvlari black, love it. Any recommendations for my next purchase ? Looking for something strange but enjoyable.
>>
Looking for a sort of versatile 'signature' scent (won't be the only frag I wear but will be wearing it often)
I looove GIT but it does feel a tad mature for a 21 year old student. Is it?
>>
>>12291
If you love it then you can probably pull it off
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>12287
>>
guys
>>
File: fix.jpg (41KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
fix.jpg
41KB, 500x684px
Alright guys dilemma time

I'll buy All masculine Amouage and Montale fragrances + a couple others

On theperfumedcourt you can find the following:
Bleu de Chanel EDP
Coromandel EDP
Patchouli Imperial
Grey Vetiver
Homme Intense

On Luckyscent you cannot have the above, but you have all the Opus collection from Amouage, which TPC doesnt have. Not to mention that all Amouage and Montale products are currently 25% off right now.

So I can only make one order, where from?
>>
File: CMD7EtgW8AA3rBP.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CMD7EtgW8AA3rBP.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>12287
>>12288
>>12289

*Blows up the universe and transports the path to another dimension*
>>
>>12283
Favorite unisex or masculine florals, /frag/?
>>
>>12295
Go with the Amouage + Montale. That stuff is pricey, the other stuff you can get any time.
>>
Anyone try Luna Rossa Carbon yet? I've read it smells kinda like Sauvage. I own Extreme and I also thought the original Luna Rossa smelled pleasant.
>>
>>12290
kokorico maybe?
>>
I'm looking for a frugal, daytime summer scent. While I'm considering something clean and citrus, I can't get my mind off of Givenchy's 'Pi'.

Anyone have luck wearing a scent against the grain of the season, so to speak?
>>
>>12301

I'm not a fan of Givenchy pi (smells like baby wipes to me) But go ahead. just be light on the sprays. It might not last all that long in the summer heat though
>>
>>12290
Check out A*Men. It has a tar note on the front end that I found offputting at first, but now consider it a masterpiece.

Encre Noir has an ink note and is well worth checking out.

Fahrenheit has a gasoline note, more prominent in older formulations.

Jour de Fête smells like really nice Pla-Doh to me.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him has a "concrete sidewalk after the rain" note.
>>
>>12297
Encre Noire Sport is a "woody aquatic" however I personally don't get any aquatic notes at all, but it does smell very floral. Starts off with a very green citrusy vibe that dries down to a green lavender. Reminds me sort of Grey Vetiver, except its darker and dirtier, more natural and masculine smelling. Amazing for spring and summer. If you've ever smelled the original Encre Noire it's like that but these citrus, green, and floral notes added.
>>
>>12301
My favorite summertime cheapies:

360º Red fM
4711*
Agua Lavanda*
Salvatore Ferragamo pH
Set Sail St. Barts fM

* very poor longevity for those, but they are cheap enough that you can reapply all day and not break the bank
>>
What is the 'grandpa'y' oldish smell in scents?
I want to avoid it
>>
>>12297
Florals are a group that are underrepresented in my wardrobe, but I love:

Dior Homme and its flankers
GIT
>>
>>12306
For me, it is the mustier variety of lavender present in Caron's The Third Man and Pour un Homme. It is present in others, but I can't think of them now. Odd, because I love the fresher variety of lavender present in Rive Gauche pH or Agua Lavanda.

People's noses and their associations are unique, so be prepared for different answers.
>>
Would testing Hot Water or Aramis Black in the spring be bad projection wise? Should I wait till say mid September for it?
>>
>>12306
The combination of "musk" and tonka bean.
>>
>>12309
>testing
To me, testing means at home, so who cares? In case you are talking about wearing them in public, I'm not familiar with either of those, but as long as you go easy on the trigger, you should be fine, but see below for fine print.

>>12301
>>Anyone have luck wearing a scent against the grain of the season, so to speak?
And the above ties in with this question I forgot to address. Some of my favorite summer scents are Kouros, Guerlain Vetiver, Havana and TdH. Kouros especially flourishes in the heat, as it was originally marketed as a summer frag. That said, none of them are especially "thick," rich or cloying, which is a killer in the heat. I would avoid many Orientals for just that reason. Hell, the original Opium is dangerous with more than a couple sprays in winter!

On a side note, we can still use "Oriental" to describe *things* from the Far East (Orient=East) but it is un-PC to describe people from there as such. Strange...
>>
>>12298
Alright I'll order from LS I guess
>>
Hello I'm a car mechanic, I want people to know I'm a car mechanic, what's a good fragrance for me
>>
>>12306
Iris, some lavender, some musk, tonka bean.
>>
>>12313
Maybe Dior Fahrenheit or Donna Karen Fuel. Bvlgari Black. Some people say those smell a bit like gas or rubber
>>
>>12313
Dior fahrenheit 100%
>>
File: 190016-Zoom[1].jpg (266KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
190016-Zoom[1].jpg
266KB, 1000x1000px
Just copped. Seems more like a Fall/Winter fragrance. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>12296
we get it you own one, we got the hint from the last three threads
>>
File: 51TOOnaudrL._SY355_.jpg (31KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51TOOnaudrL._SY355_.jpg
31KB, 355x355px
Normie here

I wear this shit and it gets me mad laid but you know I work im 32 and manage a sales team and shit these days so I need something a bit classier. So I'm looking for like fruity andro but with a distinct masc pine or timber note as well. Like alpha just not like fuck your wife alpha more like I'll fire you on the spot and not give you a reference because I don't like you alpha.

What do ya got for me
>>
>>12319
bleu de chanel?
>>
>>12319
also you dont need to specify that you're "normie" .. this is /fa/ not /r9k/
>>
>>12319
Unironically Aventus
>>
What is a very comforting fragrance?
>>
>>12323
Bois d'Argent
>>
>>12319
eau de kys
>>
did you see those vids by amouage? neat
http://www.amouage.com/films
>>
>>12323
lumiere noire comforts me, as do a few white florals.

>>12324
might be my skin, or my taste, but i found this absolutely repugnant.
>>
Is fragrance a good birthday gift for a dude?

I got invited to a bar by a guy I had on my team last semester to celebrate his birthday/ he's getting deployed. I don't know much about him and I don't want to show up empty handed. I'm also a dude if that matters.
>>
>>12328
don't buy a fragrance for anyone you're not in a relationship with or related to. hard rule regardless of sex.
>>
>>12328
Get him D&G The One. Nobody dislikes that.
>>
>>12323
How about four:

Eau Aimable
Coromandel
GpH II
New Haarlem
>>
File: replicabythefirepalce.jpg (56KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
replicabythefirepalce.jpg
56KB, 300x400px
My signature scent
>>
File: vihaan.jpg (49KB, 422x301px) Image search: [Google]
vihaan.jpg
49KB, 422x301px
>>12332
>Chamonix
tfw no chalet in chamonix

why even live?
>>
>>12319
Mr. Burberry

Bleu de Chanel (Toilette or Parfum are good).
>>
>>12334
does jeremy post here
>>
>>12332
gross, turns sickeningly sweet
>>
>>12329
I've bought frags for family before, I don't think there is anything particularly intimate about perfume as a gift

that said, I'd probably never buy one for a guy friend
>>
>>12337
nvm, skimmed over the "related to" part. still, not a major faux pas imo
>>
>>12335
prob too busy pounding german models to have time for us plebs
>>
File: frags.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frags.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
Reminder to add this and similar recommendation pics to new threads
>>
>>12339
I mean, in theory, but I'm in Amsterdam right now and I'm busy pounding Eastern European hookers all day, but I still have time to chill with my fragbros.
>>
>>12330
I actually got this for my father for christmas and he literally hasn't worn it once
>>
>>12342
Does he wear frags otherwise?
>>
>>12341
what do they smell like? honestly curious if there are regional hooker fragrances. would make an interesting read if someone did a global survey.
>>
Looking for something similar to Bleu de Chanel, but woodier and less aquatic.

I like bottega veneta pour homme( perfect for me, but mostly works for fall/winter), Dior homme (a little too feminine to wear often), guerlain homme intense (the lime type note makes it slightly off putting), 2 man (when first sprayed. Turns into a piss/hamster cage smell after 5 minutes)

I've tried 100 plus fragrances and most have a hard time beating bleu since it's so agreeable. Any suggestions senpai?
>>
>>12344
You know, I really should document what the girls are wearing. Might be interesting. Only one I remember right now was a Bulgarian chick I saw yesterday was wearing Narcisso Rodriguez for Her.
>>
>>12346
ftw my sister wears cheap fucking perfumed water that costs like 20 bucks a bottle and it's a big bottle and it smells like fucking petrol candies and its gay
xd
>>
>>12343
Yeah like Versace pour homme, Versace eros, farenheit. Gifts he gets mainly, although this was my first time buying him one
>>
>>12345
have you tried GIT
>>
>>12349
It's great, but a little too smooth for my own taste.
>>
>>12350
lalique white or hommage? Havent tested but they are cheap and reviews have made me want them.
>>
Have you ever had a fragrance that no matter how many times you smell it, you can't decide if you like it or hate it?

For me I still can't tell if I like or hate the new Gucci Guilty
>>
>>12339
Jeremy seems like a chad but one that's a nice and likeable guy
>>
>>12352
Breath of god by lush
>>
>>12296
If you own this bottle:
Why is it so good? Describe the experience of wearing it and smelling it.

I get the feeling that people really over-egg the praise on Roja because they've spent so much on it and need to justify it to themselves.
Having said that, love the dude. Seems really cool and what I have smelled of his was good.
>>
What's the best Aqua di Parma regional scent? (The blue bottles named " 'plant' di 'italian region' ")
>>
>>12352
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
>>
File: senatus_4fFJUL.jpg (99KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
senatus_4fFJUL.jpg
99KB, 764x1080px
I recently got 20+ samples and I hated most of them but from the ones that I did like which do you think is the best?:
Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
D&G The One
Kenzo Jungle
Versace pour Homme
Dior Fahrenheit (I love the gasoline/pepper/citrus opening but the drydown smells really cheap and generic)

I know these are all quite different but i'm not looking for a specific kind of fragrance or a specific time of year.
>>
what's the next step up from the La Nuit?

I feel like a fucking normie wearing this shit, despite how much grills like it.
>>
>>12359
ch men prive isn't really a popular fragrance. in the same genre as la nuit but doesn't really smell like it
>>
>>12360
thanks senpai
>>
>>12358

You cant go wrong with dior homme edt, you can wear it year round depending on where you live as it has just the right mix for all occasions.

DHI skews towards feminine because of the heavy iris note, but on a confident guy its irresistible. Lasts longer than the edt by miles

D&G the one is a beautiful frag, problem is its water. Even overspraying, this won't last more than a few hours. I've heard the edp has more longevity but haven't been able to try it as of yet.

VPH is a great choice for spring and summer for almost every occassion. Clean and fresh, this will outshine any other citrus every day of the week.

Fahrenheit has had its day. Like most powerhouses of the 80s/early 90s, its unfortunately outdated. The unique gasoline note it used to have has been toned down, meaning it's lost its essence. It's still interesting, but not worth copping a full bottle in my opinion.

Other recommendations:
Check out anything by Lalique, but especially white, encre noire, pour homme and homage. I cannot praise them enough. Niche quality for below designer prices. Usually long lasting and always beautiful.
Otherwise, try a few from the CdG range such as wonderwood, amazinggreen, 2, 2man, kyoto, avignon, etc. If you're especially bold, check out the odeur range
If all else fails, check out mass crowd pleasers like sauvage, BDC edt and edp, aventus or one of its many clones, etc.
Hope this helps
>>
File: cdnim.jpg (11KB, 355x303px) Image search: [Google]
cdnim.jpg
11KB, 355x303px
What do you guys think about CDNIM?
>>
>>12356
I've only tried two or three but I liked fico di amalfi. It's sweet, bright fig scent.
>>
>>12318
Thank you for saying what we were all thinking.
>>
>>12363
i think you should stop shilling this
>>
>>12366
I'm not shilling it. I've got it and can't decide if it's good or not.
>>
lets skip the bullshit

which fragrance makes girls say you smell good and keeps sniffing your neck to get more smell off you
>>
>>12367
so you're asking people to make up your taste in frags?

>>12368
>"lets skip the bullshit"
>posts another bullshit le panty dropper post
>>
>>12369
wow this guy hates life
>>
>>12369
i hate incompetence
>>
>>12371
it's funny because I bet you're incompetent at a whole lotta things you think you're not
>>
>>12372
not in fragrances though :)
>>
>>12363

Smells like Aventus after a while. That said, I dislike this and I dislike Aventus.
>>
>>12373
there's nothing to be competent at when it comes to fragrances. There is no 'skill' involved, no technical mastery, no physical exertion, nothing. Are you saying you're good at identifying notes? That's about the only thing that requires any degree of 'competence' in fragrances. I bet you're an absolute loser who has no other hobbies and is good at literally nothing so pretends like his consumer hobby of smelling things is cool and masterful.
>>
>>12296
Looks like a bottle of expensive whisky.
>>
>>12375
not all tastes in frags are equal though. why do we shit so much on axe when it's really popular? you know.
>>
>>12362
Thanks, I'm guessing using the sample vial and actually spraying with atomizer would get different results but the The One EDP sample is actually performing better than most others so I so surprised to see poor performance in almost eery review.

I tried Lalique Encre noir, sport version and white and they all smell really good but not I wanna keep smelling my wrist good.

I guess it's between Dior Homme and The One.
>>
>>12375
look how mad this cuck who thinks a fragrance will get him laid is lmao
>>
>>12301
Davidoff Cool Water
Perry Ellis 360 Red
Bvlgari Aqva Amara
Moschino Uomo
Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne
>>
>>12352
helmut lang, both edp and curion
yohji homme
>>
stephen jones is vomit inducing, who even wears this?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.