[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ mental illnesses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

File: bfg.jpg (48KB, 466x590px) Image search: [Google]
bfg.jpg
48KB, 466x590px
Is depression /fa/? What are some /fa/ mental illnesses?
>>
Schizophrenia is the most /fa/ b/c schizophrenics are very creative and also b/c homeless steez
>>
i like how mental illness is a fashion accessory to people who are neurotypical. haha let me try on depression. see, i'm wearing all black, i'm deep and sad too :)

fuck off
>>
>>9721929
You forgot REEEEEEEEEEE

4/10 apply yourself
>>
neck yourself
>>
>>9721923
Most schizophrenics I know have shitty hygiene and creep on girls a lot.

I'm going with bipolar.
>>
>>9721966
does that make me /fa/?
>>
Depression is /fa/ as fuck. Depressed people are always so wry and enigmatic. Depression makes them intelligent and creative too. It makes them actually able to enjoy the really /fa/ music that pleb non-depressed people have to pretend to like. Being able to come up with an existential reason to dislike literally anything on the spot is cool as fuck. They stay inside a lot so their skin is nicely pallid. Not having enough motivation to even fulfill their basic hygiene needs gives them an authentic rugged grungey kinda look the next day which is very in vogue. They're always gay or pansexual or bisexual or some shit which is way fucking better than shitty outdated heterosexuality. Taking antidepressants and benzos and stuff is also really fucking cool. Drug abuse/addiction issues make you seem like a mysterious, troubled soul. Having suicidal thoughts, if not a failed attempt or two, gives you this really exciting, world-weary kind of edge. I've had a few friends who killed themselves and they were the coolest fucking people.

I'm actually trying to develop depression to kind of boost my social status. I'm not sure what to try next, it's not really working so far and I'm still frustratingly happy with my life and untroubled. I listen to nothing but boring shit like Godspeed You Black Emperor and American Football. I cut off all of my friends who aren't depressed. I started acting really pathetic around my girlfriend of 2 years so she would cuck me. I've stopped eating as healthy. I force myself to sleep less than 6 hours every night. I'm thinking maybe I should take too much MDMA a few times to trim off some excess serotonin receptors or something. Any thoughts?
>>
>>9722045
You sound like a self-diagnosed 15 year old from tumblr.
>>
>>9722048
I believe that was the aim.
>>
>>9722045
Wow, you tried to write something humorous about people who start threads like these, and you just ended up with a block of text akin to a limp dick at an orgy.
>>
>>9722057
Certainly you realize that impressionable teenagers on this board will accept what you say as fact, right? Certainly you realize that they can't detect satire, right? Certainly you realize that someone is going to have to call you out so those kids don't go around spouting that hokum, right?
>>
File: tumblr_n51uiiwyxH1tzwy8ko1_1280.jpg (260KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n51uiiwyxH1tzwy8ko1_1280.jpg
260KB, 1280x960px
>>9722071
You already addressed those issues in your reply so why bother.

Watch the edge reach to the edge.
>>
>>9721912
Schizoid.

Just try and find a more effai condition
>>
>>9722095
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>9722065
Just like that, that kind of witty/unfeeling/blunt/cruel total writing off of someone else is exactly what i want to be my natural inclination. You must be depressed, right?
>>
>>9722108
No, faggot. You should consider suicide.
>>
I've considered threatening to kill myself so I can be committed to a mental asylum for a week or so. Having that in my backstory would really boost my aesthetic value.
>>
>>9722028
Yep. But only n if you take medication for it.
See:
>hemingway, virgina woolf, abraham lincoln, many good artists over the years.
>>
>>9722115
I've tried to and the idea just doesn't really entice me yet, unfortunately.
>>
>>9722124
How unfortunate, much to your parents chagrin, right?
>>
>>9722116
ehh honestly rehab sounds more effai to me.

Just spend a couple months slamming dope. You'll get a good back story + you'll have a sweet skelly bod
>>
if you are attractive then yes
>>
>>9721912
being a fuccboi, like u fucking faget
>>
wow you guys really don't understand depression
you can't be /fa/ with depression, you can't be anything, it saps your will to live. You wear the same dirty sweatshirt 5 days in a row because you want to die. You might consider putting on a nice outfit but when it comes to getting up and doing it the energy is not there
>>
>>9721966
>thinks bipolars real
shigs
>>
>>9722180
fk this is me right now, i only leave the house to go uni or meet girls, even when im with my friends i feel so lonely
>>
>>9722246
quit bragging dickhead
>>
>>9722255
how is he bragging ?
>>
>>9722281
just flaunting his depressive tendencies like that
>>
>>9722246
drink more water
>>
it takes a long time to feel /fa/? i dont know, i'm wearing good clothes and stuff but i stil feel like shit
>>
>>9721912
This thread is disgusting, you're a piece of shit OP
>>
>>9722364
feeling like shit is effay

which is why nobody should strive to be effay
>>
>>9721912
As of late, I really fucking hate /fa/
>>
>>9722045
>I'm thinking maybe I should take too much MDMA a few times to trim off some excess serotonin receptors or something

I laughed anon XDD
>>
This is going to sound really dumb, but I think being depressed and/or introverted can eventually be used to a persons advantage. I've always suffered from depression, and my introversion made me see sides of people most others miss.
Once I started getting more confident, and especially once I started going to the gym, I was able to use all I had learned to my benefit.

Sometimes at social events I feel like a i'm on the ceiling, able to watch everything happening and understanding it like a pro. I feel so in touch with what's going on, because I spent so long soaking it in quietly.

btw, thinking depression is cool is stupid as shit. if you think depression is cool you aren't depressed. if you want to try curing depression, start going to the gym. I know that sounds like some bro science, but it actually does work wonders. i spent years on various medications and always felt like shit, then hit the gym and it almost all faded away.
psychiatrists should make their patients go to the gym for six weeks before prescribing depression medication.
>>
>>9722455
i might actually try this, ty anon
>>
>>9722482
And another thing: stop worshiping "depressed" and "dark" shit. I know it'll always appeal to you, but the problem is thinking that stuff is a good way of life. most of those people have pretty happy lives, friends, etc.

There has always been something frustrating about the super happy, outgoing people, and we'll never have to worry about being like them, but we will have a really nice balance. The key is learning how to use your depression to your benefit.
>>
Lol wut? Lobotomies are the most fucking /fa/ you can get.

You act chill and have no personality. Its like cool-core, prepcore and gothcore all in one!
>>
>>9722180
What the fuck. That isn't all depression is. That's a logical fallacy. You cant assume all depressed people have no incentive to live or wear the same shit. What.
>>
>>9722431
Thank you man. Me too.>>9722431
>>
>>9721912
Narcissism, you get the snob attitude which is sterotypical of all fashionable peers
>>
>>9722677

sure depression manifests differently in different people, but this entire thread is about using faux depression as an affectation. depression is an actual medical disorder with recognizable diagnostic symptoms.

this thread is like if people were going "Is leukemia /fa/?" it's fucking tasteless because the people who actually have it are going through hell. same with depression. people who have depression are often listless and unmotivated. they often feel like nothing is worth any effort, to the point that it's impossible to do anything but stay in bed all day.

having a blog and complaining about not being rich and famous isn't depression. depression is being appropriated by fucking well adjusted folks who want to feel like they're part of the cool club.
>>
social anxiety

right guys..?

guys?
>>
>>9722071
Fuck off mom, I'm 15 and detected the shit posters accurately, I think you mean to say there are gullible people on this thread but don't assume its specifically kids
>>
>>9722694
You truly are just absolutely disgusting. Everything I've ever seen you post is just abhorrent
>>
File: 14357855800344.jpg (69KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
14357855800344.jpg
69KB, 350x300px
>>9721912
Autism, obviously
>>
>>9722759
Lol. I have anxiety and OCD and it's not fa.
It just means I shit a lot when I'm nervous, get nervous on a daily basis, look like I'm an idiot through being lost for words in social situations, check the locks too much and can't stop thinking about the death of my family members. It's about as un/fa/ as you can get.
>>
>>9723098
Yeah I know, sweating whenever I'm around people isn't very effay.
>>
>>9722677
you know absolutely nothing
>>
Is this a joke? You morons actually think mental illnesses are fashionable?

metal health problems are for dumbfucks and crackbabies, instead of wanting to be fucked up in the head you all should be aspiring for brilliant and healthy minds.

bunch of autists, im done with this shithole
>>
>>9723136
>missing the part where half of the thread is criticizing the attitude displayed in OP

i love reading
>>
>>9721912
i find my mind conjures up the illusion of an illness when i have nothing real to worry about
>>
>>9723177
srsly tho 'depression' is the ultimate first world problem
>>
>>9722071
>not understanding sarcasm
>unironically doing damage control
Top fucking kek
>>
>>9722455
>introversion
>good
Seriously pick one. Introversion/depression are shit-tier attributes that don't let you experience life like it should be. Anyone that brags about it are either self-diagnosed or dumb ass fuck.
>>
>>9723098
Tfw I thought I had IBS and went to gastrologist and nutritionist only to be told nothing was wrong. Tfw it was part of my depression/anxiety. I fucking hate how this shit gets glamorized.
>>
>>9721912
I got the depression, and i suffer from a schizophrenic like psychosis/delusions. When i was 15 i saw satan in the mirror instead of me and started carving up my arms and chest. After that the ghosts and possessions started. I cried alot Back then. After cutting and self mutilation stop stavving off the phychotic delusions i made a serious sucide attempt. (At that point i had develpoed an eating disorder aswell so i was underweight). I took all the pills in the family med cabnit. My gf at the time called and could tell i was fucked and phoned the amberlamps. Ill never forget the way my brother cried buckets instantly when i told him i was going away. im sure to this day he hates me for it. Skip through a year, my whole age of 17, spent in psych wards. forced drool inducing zoinker pills. Had to fist fight minorities. My gf dump me over phone. I turned 18 and the voices became more violent. Everyday blood everywhere. Every night haunted by demons. Laughing at me. I started burning my self to make it stop. I put countless cigarettes out on my hands, arms, shoulders. I was angry alot Back then. It was so hhumiliating, having my friends see me sobbing over invisable demons, so humilating to appologize to my friends dad for stealing his razor to cut myself with. To this day i hear and see my nightmares, ive learned to live with it. Everyday. Everynite. IM off my pills now, and i rarely downward spiral. but all my docs and shrinks told me ill have it for life.
So Because of my effay illnes illness , ny arms are scarred from bburning cutting and picking. I look like a strung out hobo. And going out in public makes me nervous. But thanks. I feel better now.
>>
>>9723182
Excuse me, what? Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
combine depression and narcissism and you got yourself fah
>>
>>9722180
This. Shit thread.

>>9722677
Kill urself my man.
>>
File: 1408763606058.jpg (18KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1408763606058.jpg
18KB, 720x540px
>>9723662
>>
>>9723735
See i thought that too, turns out it was being raped that skewed my sexual identification
>>
>>9723746

You deserved it, fuckface. You deserved being raped and I hope you never get better
>>
>>9722045
depressed people are fucking faggots.
>>
>>9723794
and to expand, if you're trying to develop depression to elevate your social status you are a giant bender
>>
>>9723746

You must not have heard me, you DESERVED WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, PATHETIC RAPED LITTLE FAGGOT.
>>
Homosexuality, anorexia, autism
>>
>>9723810
Yeah that dosent bother me
>>
>>9722045
autism isn't /fa/
>>
File: 1426991514874.jpg (58KB, 472x459px) Image search: [Google]
1426991514874.jpg
58KB, 472x459px
>>9723850

Sure it does, homo. You just want to pretend it doesn't because you'll have to face the fact that you were fucked from the start and it's all your fault.

You're a little fag boy, you're a little homo

I bet you liked getting raped like a little faggot, didn't you?
>>
>>9723865
Oh shit you found me out. Yup
>>
>>9722045
Being a moody all black wearing cunt is /fa/
Being an actual manic depressant is very disfunctional and exhausting
>>
File: 1356190763874.png (360KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1356190763874.png
360KB, 449x401px
>>9723871

Hahaha fucking faaaaag

Raped little faaaaaag
>>
>>9723662
Brother you need Jesus Christ. You are under serious Satanic attack and Jesus Christ is the only being/person that can free you from it. Feel free to contact me on Kik at Goldenglow33 I will be praying for your deliverance and I can get you in touch with a deliverance minister who casts out demons regularly. I am keeping this thread open in hopes that you will respond to me.
>>
>>9722116
heh
>>
Im a paranoid histrionic which basically means im a weeny little attention seeker and its fucking terrible, I treat everybody like shit and then complain when they leave me, I get bored of everything and never feel settled, I go into a rage within seconds of laughing, I have a girlfriend and I talk to her terribly and she went for dinner with a group of friends one day and a guy was there, all I can think about is if she's cheating, im so paranoid, the only people that know are my parents and my doctor, im saying it on here to get it all of my chest. I hate my life and I try to make it better by buying things, I know that I'll probably end up killing myself at some point in my life. Basically, mental illness is not good, it's awful, im actually ashamed of it.
>>
This thread made me depressed.
>>
>>9723883
you're such a fucking dweeb. you sound like you belong on xbox live

obviously your workaholic father never gave you the attention you desperately need
>>
>>9723911
Feels bad, I don't like it. Don't think it helps me wear nice looking clothes, how I feel right now, because of this sadness-causing thread.
>>
>>9723911
this
>>
>>9722180
That's not true at all, maybe for the first couple of years of your depression. Eventually after living with depression for years you realize that you have two options 1) kill yourself 2) realize that this is probably what the rest of your life will be like and try to make the best of it.

I try to buy and wear nice clothes to have something to feel good about, even if it's all in my head and even if its just for a second. At the end of the day I always feel the same, but at least I tried. Living with depression doesn't always mean you're completely giving up on life. Part of what keeps depression alive in most people is holding on to the hope that things will get better some day, seeing the brighter side of life and realizing that it seems so far away.
>>
i get the impression that i sort of only wake up for one reason in the morning, before that i wanted to die in my sleep
>>
The only correct answer is anorexia
>>
File: ZhsD1oI.gif (580KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
ZhsD1oI.gif
580KB, 300x221px
>>9721912
This isn't fucking tumblr. Mental illnesses aren't cute or "effay".
>>
>>9722045

yo this fr fr the funniest shit I've read on /fa/ in the longest.

>or some shit which is way fucking better than shitty outdated heterosexuality.
>>
>>9722121
The list is pretty endless actually, pic related

Unmedicated it's a huge snag, personally I take lamotrigin
>>
>buying cologne at store a few minutes ago
>cashier says her usual "how are you" thing
>pause a bit before responding, "I'm alright"
>she says "is everything okay?"

Damn, bros, you know your depression is bad when even random qt pi cashiers call you out on it. Inside I was like, fuck, this cologne isn't going to mask my illness. Felt bad.
>>
File: 1427045829253.png (526KB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
1427045829253.png
526KB, 826x738px
>>9722045
>"I'm actually trying to develop depression to kind of boost my social status"
>>
>>9724146
Hahahahaha this is actually the worst shit. I had a month recently where I was just horribly depressed, barely-getting-out-of-bed-in-the-morning depressed, and I work in a dept. store so all of my colleagues are basically prewired to be friendly as shit in the mornings. Every single day I worked, I'd have "hey mate, how are you?" and I'd be thinking of all these awful things I was feeling and how it felt like the world was crumbling around me but I'd just smile and say "Good, good, you?"

Shit's kinda dark when you think about it, cos god knows how many people you ask "How are you?" per day and they're actually depressed but can't tell you.
>>
>>9723865
I know a place that has a decent adolescent group program for treating teenaged borderline, if you're interested in therapy. Your parents' insurance can probably cover it
>>
>>9722759
Social anxiety is the least /fa/ mental disorder out there, shit cramps my style
>>
>>9723917

wrong. little rape victiiiim boooo hoooo faggot.
>>
>>9724250
that's not me tripsk
>>
>>9724469
>>9724474
wow this timing is really bad
>>
>>9724469
>>9724474
>>9724482
>tfw reee is samefagging, masquerading as an impersonator
>>
>>9722116
not gonna lie, its pretty fucking great
i just exercised/read/slept and talked to qts
breddy gud
>>
>>9724544
i dont see the point of cyberbullying rape victims on the internet

or pretending to be someone pretending to be my epic trip
>>
>>9722677
cant tell if b8 or retarded
>>
>>9724546
I was once in a hospital that injected anyone who tried to exercise a big dose of Haldol
>>
>>9724250
trispk, can you explain the borderline personality thing

or were you just talking about that guy's posts >>9724469
>>
I want to fuck Reeeee until she kills herself with her daddy's belt, particularly the one that beat the shit out of her when she was young.
>>
>>9722045
We're all gonna get there brah
>>
>>9724560

lol stop trying to act like you weren't samefagging from different browsers, you psycho bitch

and borderline is basically what you have. read about it and seek therapy if any of it seems to apply because borderline people are very fucked up
>>
>>9724469
I didnt even say that
>>
>>9724581

K, I'm bored with your little sob story, get out of my thread and off my message board
>>
>>9724586
Tuff talk
>>
>>9722045
YOU CAN DO IT
>>
>>9722646
KEK
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 2048x1536px
>>9724579
I scored an "unlikely" so I don't think I have borderline personality disorder.

I probably have *something* though
>>
JESUS CHRIST THIS BOARD IS RETARDED AS FUCK WHY DID I CLICK ON IT AGAIN?
>>
>>9725071
stupid bitch self-diagnosed tumblr pity bullshit
>>
>>9725366
are u me
>>
>>9722045
lmao unlike most of these fuck niggas who just replied, i really like this, it's subtle but a good commentary on these stupid fucks who make threads like these
>>
>>9725071
reeee you dont contribute shit to this board besides shitpost plz post fit or gtfo
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.